Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:29 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936
Default Re: Pokemon: Team StormRiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
Rye: Leave him be. I don't want another war while one is already raging. *crosses arms*

Virok: *mutters under breath* Some son you are...

Rye: Seems like Mitsumae is very clever to retain her composure, which is more than I can say for him. *jerks paw towards Virok*
Very well.
And... the Monogatari Karei need to keep their emotions masked most of the time for a reason.

Zanna, are you up for a practice battle?

... It would be a good idea, since we've each beaten our fair share of strong Pokemon, thanks to Mitsumae's training.

*Cocks head to the side* If she accepts, this should be good.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
Very well.
And... the Monogatari Karei need to keep their emotions masked most of the time for a reason.

Zanna, are you up for a practice battle?

... It would be a good idea, since we've each beaten our fair share of strong Pokemon, thanks to Mitsumae's training.

*Cocks head to the side* If she accepts, this should be good.
Rye: I don't know what that is...but I do understand masking emotions.

Zanna: A battle? Me? Let's go! =D

Jarre: Be careful, would you?

Zanna: *snorts* I'll be fine.

Methinks this should be continued in the character chat thread. ^^'

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 11-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

Quote:
Rye: I don't know what that is...but I do understand masking emotions.

Zanna: A battle? Me? Let's go! =D

Jarre: Be careful, would you?

Zanna: *snorts* I'll be fine.

Methinks this should be continued in the character chat thread. ^^'
xD, Alright, Character Chat it is.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:38 AM
ElectrikeLover1996 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to ElectrikeLover1996

hi everyone. im so bored xD when will new chappie be up?

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~
Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectrikeLover1996 View Post
hi everyone. im so bored xD when will new chappie be up?
Quite soon, Trike. I'm hoping it'll be up by tomorrow.

Then I'll do the next one. xD

Links
Old 11-25-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Quite soon, Trike. I'm hoping it'll be up by tomorrow.

Then I'll do the next one. xD
yay! hope it turns out even more awesome than all the rest of chappies! lol

Quote:
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
~Buddha~
Old 11-25-2008, 08:03 PM
my-little-starr Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectrikeLover1996 View Post
yay! hope it turns out even more awesome than all the rest of chappies! lol
can't wait for your next chapter Latias!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my-little-starr View Post
can't wait for your next chapter Latias!
lol you have a funny imagination?

Quote:
~Buddha~
Old 11-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Chapter 23: Between War and Lust

Rye’s eyes startled me. The gaping red voids seemed to endlessly drag me under, but I couldn’t be sure. As soon as they’d come, the crimson colour dissipated, leaving Rye’s usual stunning, emerald eyes in their place. I’d caught him as soon as he’d fallen back, taking most of his weight off me by resting him against the ground. Just like I’d seen Quoll doing a few times, I stroked a paw soothingly across his right arm as he lay on my side.

A deep, long sigh escaped my mouth. My tears were dry now, but that didn’t let me escape the horror of what I’d experienced. For a moment there, Rye was technically dead. That scared me more than I’d have liked. I’d seen death a lot lately, so I was unsure why this one would have had such a large effect on me. It was because he was my friend, I was almost certain. To have one of my friends die…it would be like a piece of me was torn away. And there was no possibility of me letting that happen.

Despite the recent trauma, I was pleased to see that Rye’s breathing had now become even and the scars that had plagued his back had disappeared. I knew now that my healing had worked. Thankyou, I murmured within my mind. I was almost sure that I felt a gentle whisper in response.

Twisting my head towards the horizon, I gazed at the trees. No doubt Jarre would be back soon. I wondered what was taking him so long. Moving slightly to go and check, I was startled when Rye’s eyes began to flutter open. I held my breath and waited. The truth was that I had no idea what I was going to say. Hey, welcome back from the dead? No, that was something Jarre would say, and I was sure he’d get a beating for it, too.

The Elekid opened his eyes slowly and blinked. When I opened my mouth to speak, no sound came out. After all this time, I was still transfixed by the intensity of Rye’s eyes. The Elekid must have noticed my speech impairment, for he spoke first. “Zanna? Am I…”

I shook my head, Rye’s words bringing me back to reality. “You’re alive,” I whispered, “alive and well. I managed to find a way to heal you.” I smiled grimly, though I could see he wasn’t fooled. Surely Rye had noticed my dried tears by now. Whether he did or not, he didn’t say. He merely sat up weakly and placed a paw behind his head, groaning.

“I must have been unconscious for quite a while. I feel all stiff.”

“Oh, you’ll soon get over that,” I grinned. “But you’re right. You were unconscious for over a week now. I was beginning to worry that you might not wake up.” I stared at the ground and fixed my gaze to an oddly-shaped leaf.

Rye had been listening intently and thinking, too. He was probably so confused by all of this. When I glanced up, he had his eyes closed and head tilted to one side. “Thankyou for healing me,” he said calmly. “I really don’t know how to repay you.” Rye opened his eyes and offered me a small smile. “You don’t know how much it means to me to be back again.”

I could tell he was going to say something else, but at that moment Jarre and company decided to join us. Rye shuffled a few paces back and leant against the trunk of a tree, eyeing the newcomers. Jarre hastened to reach my side as the others stared at Rye in awe.

“Wow, you’d think he was dead.” Jarre muttered. I made to swat him in the head but checked myself as Codan glanced in my direction.

“Zanna, what happened here?”

Everyone turned to me expectantly, making me cringe backwards from all the attention. “I, well…er…”

“She healed me,” Rye broke in suddenly. I turned to him with a grateful glance. Rye’s expression didn’t change as he looked from me to the others.

Jarre filled in the rest. “Zanna was given a healing power. See, she was unconscious, but actually met another Light Pokemon, who made it so that she could heal.” When he finished, I thought that everyone just looked more confused.

“I’ll fill you in later,” I managed to say.

Everyone then bustled about Rye, checking to make sure he was alright. Jarre, however, stayed put by my side, watching with loathing.

Lani nuzzled Rye, Quoll chattered excitedly to meet him for the first time, Kraal and Marilai exchanged more nods and glances with him than actual words and Codan seemed to be having a long chat with him. All the while Rye politely responded, even if he was still a bit weary. The Elekid gave a slight bow as Codan left, leaving only him, Jarre and me in the clearing.

I could see that neither Elekid nor Torchic was willing to talk to each other. Jarre gave a glare towards Rye which the Elekid returned, but that was about the extent of their communication. I waited for one to speak; there was no way that I was getting involved. Finally I heard Rye sigh as he stood up.

“I’m going for a walk. Tell Codan I haven’t gone far, please, Zanna.” He gave a curt nod to Jarre and me before vanishing into the mass of trees.

Jarre gave a rough snort. “He’s ungrateful, that’s what he is.” I sighed and stood up to walk back to camp. “What?” Jarre stared after me. “What did I say?”

The night came quicker than I expected, but I welcomed it. The day had been nothing but restless. Codan and Lani had both been involved in a debate over where to go next, Quoll was busy adding adjustments to our leaf tents, Kraal and Marilai had taken refuge in a deserted part of the clearing and Rye hadn’t returned from his early walk until late evening. We were all now just getting relaxed around a small campfire.

Everyone was stunned when I’d told them my tale, even though I left out a few parts. All the while I noticed Rye’s gaze flicker between me and the flames of the fire, almost as if he knew there was something I purposely didn’t tell them. He hadn’t seen fit to re-establish our link and I was too much of a coward to ask him about it. But as far as I was concerned, it was his choice to make.

Once I’d finished talking, everyone chattered about excitedly. Only Rye and I were the two who didn’t join in. I took a curious glance towards the Elekid. If I didn’t know better, I’d have said he was thinking. But thinking about what? Before I could ponder further, Rye looked up and met my gaze. I hurried to look down, but he beat me. His eyes automatically shifted and rooted themselves to the trunk of a tree. That’s odd, I thought. He’s never avoided me like that before. I narrowed an eye in confusion.

“Zanna, about Altair, did he tell you exactly what happened?” It was Codan who had addressed me.

I leant over awkwardly. “Huh? Oh, no. We didn’t get that far, he…” I trailed off as I felt my face begin to colour. Thankfully it was too dark for anyone to see.

For a moment everything went quiet. I looked up for something to take my mind off Altair and saw Rye staring at me again. Ever so slowly, so I could barely even tell he was moving, he motioned towards the forest with a nod of his head. I frowned. Did he want me to follow him in there?

I made a slight motion with my paw and pointed towards the trees. Rye’s mouth curved up a little and he nodded. I cleared my throat. “Er…I’m going to go check the trees. I think I heard a noise.” I pushed off from the ground and saw a movement just beyond my eyesight. Rye had slapped his forehead. Well let’s see you do better, I thought sourly.

The Elekid stood up, yawning brusquely. “I might as well get an early night. I’m not used to being up so often, yet.” He politely said goodnight to each in turn, if a little roughly at Jarre, before striding off towards the tents.

“Show off…” I muttered, already at the base of the trees. No sooner had I entered the foliage than I felt a strong paw pull me aside. The Elekid put a claw to his mouth when I went to speak.

“Be more discreet next time, won’t you?” Then he grinned slightly and raised an eyebrow. “You’re a bad actress.”

I frowned and ignored him. “So what did you want?”

Rye leant against a tree casually and raised a paw to his head. “I’ve been thinking about what you said – about the temple,” he answered my curious expression. “It seems like a good opportunity for me to explore it, but…” He trailed off and turned towards me.

“But?” I prodded, waiting with my paws on my hips. This time Rye didn’t smile, though a small spark twinkled in his emerald eyes. He lowered his paw and took a step towards me so we were less than a metre apart. Though he was a fair bit taller than me, I wasn’t intimidated. Rye saw this and quirked an eyebrow before he continued.

“But since you and the temple seem to be connected, I thought you might like to come with me. Purely for mission purposes,” he added quickly, turning his gaze towards the dark moon.

Strange…I knew Rye was usually reserved, but he’d never been this jumpy before. The thought clouded my mind as I looked up at him. “So you’re saying that you’d like me to accompany you on a mission to the temple? Just us, then?”

A slight grin touched the corners of the Elekid’s mouth. “I was thinking that might be more efficient, if you don’t mind.”

I shook my head. “Not at all. When do we start?” A gentle silence passed between us as Rye turned his gaze towards the rising moon that was etched clearly within the night sky.

“Tonight,” he affirmed. “But I need to take care of something beforehand. Do you mind waiting?”

“Hmm…” I cocked my head to the side. “How long would I have to wait for?”

I caught a flash of white from Rye’s teeth as he backed away into the trees. “Don’t worry; I won’t keep you waiting long. All the same though, don’t wait up.” He winked an eye before leaping agilely onto a branch, racing northwards, leaving me to my own thoughts.

Only Arceus would have known how conflicted they were.

I’d decided to take an early night. If I was going to the temple, I’d need my rest. How was I supposed to know that I’d be having nightmares? I thought that since Rye had awoken, they’d be better now. I couldn’t have been farther from the truth if I’d tried.

I was subconsciously aware that my body was tossing itself restlessly. Deoxys’ face was a sinister shadow in front of mine, sneering with hatred. A new scene then enveloped me where he drove a tentacle through Altair’s heart, soon followed by Jarre and then Rye. By the end of the ordeal, I was nothing more than a sobbing fur ball.

Deoxys had me in his clutches, driving me towards him with glee. It was only then that a new form interrupted. This one was new to me; I hadn’t seen it before, yet I knew it was pure evil. A black Pokemon, cloaked in shadows, grinned maliciously.

“When I’m done with you, you will only wish you were dead…I will remember you…your fate will be sealed within your deepest nightmares!”

A high pitched wail ensued and as I screamed, clawing at my eardrums, something else closer beckoned to me.

“Zanna!”

A sharp hiss sounded from above me as my eyes snapped open. I was aware of my heavy breathing and the icy sweat that laced my body.

The dimmed yellow figure of an Elekid stood over me, holding my shoulders as he shook me gently. He cautiously waited for a few minutes until my breathing had returned to normal. I sighed and shrugged off his paws. Rye backed away but kept within a few metres just to make sure. “Are you alright? You seemed to be having…a bad dream.”

“A nightmare is more like it,” I whispered, shuddering. “I was – I was scared…” I swallowed through the lump in my throat and sat up, resting against the leafy wall of the tent. I hadn’t really admitted to anyone that I was scared before, but the truth had just hit me. I was up against the entire world. What could one lone Pikachu expect to accomplish? Winning against all odds would be a miracle.

Closing my eyes briefly, I took a deep breath and pushed away all of the sinister thoughts that clouded my mind. I saw Rye’s wary gaze as I glanced up, brows furrowed with concern. “If you’d prefer, you can just stay here for the night. I don’t want to drag you out like this.”

I shook my head slowly. “No, the fresh air will do me good. Anyway, you’ll look after me, right?” Rye stared at me for a moment longer before nodding. “Then we have nothing to worry about.” I allowed a smile to consume my face, though it was forced.

The Elekid waited with unlimited patience as I collected myself. He watched like a hawk and shifted at my every move. Though I wasn’t about to say it, he unnerved me. It was almost as if he believed I would drop dead at any moment. Ignoring my inner thoughts, I strode up to Rye and folded my paws. “Ready?”

“Are you?” he questioned in a sharp tone. “If you get hurt, I’m not going to be held responsible.”

“Relax!” I shot back, annoyed now. “I’m not a child! Why does everyone keep treating me like one?!” I glared at the shocked Elekid. I could tell he’d withdrawn again.

Rye made no comment as he leapt out my window, just waited as I followed. He walked brusquely into the forest, staring up at the moon every so often. It was like this that we drove onwards, silence encasing us. Only when a ray of moonlight illuminated the Elekid did I stop and give an inward gasp. What I had failed to see before stood out clearly now.

His emerald eyes were glazed with red, almost hollow, and his black stipes let off a dark aura. Even as I glanced up at his face – which he’d turned when I’d stopped – the smile he gave was one of contempt.

My feet wouldn’t move at my command; my will was disrupted. Rye’s eyes narrowed in a slight glare. I blinked my own, stunned, as I remembered what Quoll had said. “He will not turn until the poison reaches his heart. Only then will the change be permanent.”

The lump in my throat rose again as I held my breath. Was it possible…was it possible that some of the poison had reached his heart? Not enough to make the change permanent, only temporary? If so, what triggered me could set him off: a heightened state of emotion.

I must have made him angry, I realised. I clenched my paws. “It’s all my fault!” My legs buckled underneath me as my eyes filled with tears. I could never do anything right! Why is it that others have to suffer because of me?! A transparent tear fell to the ground and was swallowed instantly. I didn’t look up as footsteps came towards me almost soundlessly. A moment later, Rye had lowered himself to his knees, eyeing me.

“It’s not what you think…” he murmured.

My teeth automatically gritted. “Don’t lie! I know some of the poison reached you! How long have you known?! You’re dark now, Rye. Do you know what that means?! You’re a…a threat!” My voice broke on the last word and I gave up speaking altogether.

Rye flinched as if I’d hit him, but retained his calm composure. “I have only known a short while. It’s true that some poison got through when I let my guard down, but not enough for me to become a threat. I’m safe, Zanna. And you know I would never hurt you, right?”

I stared into Rye’s emerald, dimmed eyes. They wavered slightly, but held his promise. “I know,” I whispered. “It’s just…” I sighed and returned my gaze to the ground. If he becomes a threat, he’ll be forced to leave…I don’t want that. More tears flowed freely down my face.

Why was it that I could cry so easily? Jarre had a couple of times, but Rye…he’d never shown the slightest emotion from what I’d seen. Sniffing, I straightened up and hastily wiped my eyes. A paw rested on my shoulder then, light but firm.

“I’m sorry, Zanna. I didn’t want you to find out like this, or at all…”

A shaky laugh escaped my mouth. “Why should I have friends anyway? They’ll all be tormented because of me. Look…I’ve done this to you. I just wish…I just wish I could be brave enough to fight. How it all depends on me.”

Rye grated his teeth and stared back solemnly. “Not everything depends on you alone. You have Jarre, Codan, Lani and me. You should never have to do anything by yourself. Believe me, I know.” He smiled lightly, eyes dancing just like I’d seen them in the Records Room.

Without even thinking, I embraced him, burying my head into the soft fur of his shoulder. “I’m sorry!”

Rye, I think, was rather taken aback. He remained motionless for quite some time, completely still in the shadows of the trees. I knew he’d never been one for showing emotions, but that didn’t mean I couldn’t. I was now oblivious to the cool night air. It wasn’t until some time later that I felt the Elekid relax, arms returning my gesture. Until then, I hadn’t noticed that he’d also been holding his breath. The rhythm soothed me now as he held me firmly; a sign of support.

To be honest, I would have fallen asleep had I not remembered the mission. I needed to go back, too. The answers I sought would only be in there. Relinquishing my grip on Rye, my feet found solid ground and hoisted myself up. The Elekid was with me in seconds, calmly re-assessing the area. “Thanks for you help,” I murmured awkwardly.

Rye said nothing as we moved off again, but the smile that stretched across his face was worth more than a thousand words.

To be continued in next post...

Links
Old 11-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

The temple looked even brighter at night, as Illumise and Volbeat clouded the sky, weaving throughout the mass of vines. The lake shimmered as Buizel frolicked and Horsea swam endlessly. Truly, this was a temple full of wonders.

“It’s magnificent,” Rye murmured in awe. “I’ve never seen anything so beautiful.”

I tilted my head sideways to survey the temple. It reminded me of a fireworks display only on standstill. “Magnificent.” I agreed. My eyes drifted towards the stone bridge and my stomach lurched. “That’s where I…almost fell,” I said shakily. “Only Jarre was there to hold me back.”

Watching me with keen speculation, Rye strode over to the bridge and waited for my approach. “Here, I’ll be right behind you,” he said reassuringly.

I took a tentative step. No cracks broke off. Sighing deeply, I moved my other foot and repeated the process. Without even realising it, I’d soon crossed half the bridge before I looked down and stumbled. “Wah!”

Rye inched forwards and steadied me. “Are you afraid of heights?”

“No,” I muttered. “It’s just this bridge gives me the creeps. I also think it hates me.” I shook myself roughly. “It’s alright, I’m fine.” I ignored the Elekid’s look of scepticism as I cautiously crossed the last half. I swear I could have danced when my feet touched solid ground.

“I wouldn’t get too cocky,” Rye interrupted. “We still have to get back.”

Shoot! I forgot about that. My grin faded as Rye walked past, unperturbed by my dismay. Hurrying to catch up, I noticed that the interior of the temple was somewhat darker than the outside. We entered in complete silence, Rye following my lead. “It’s too dark!” I hissed. “Where are the lights in this place?” I glanced at Rye who had his head tilted towards the ceiling.

“There’s your answer.”

Looking upwards, I saw a small clear orb, obviously an old mechanism for a light switch. Rye sent out a jolt of electricity into the orb, lighting it with ease as it revealed the entrance room in all its glory.

“Wow…” I heard him mutter.

I smiled, thinking Altair would be pleased to hear that. At the exact moment I initiated the thought, a whir of cool air passed around me. “Huh?” I turned around in a dazed circle.

“Zanna?” Rye asked, confused.

“I think…I think that was Altair,” I said excitedly. “I’m sure he wants us to follow him!” The Elekid gave a questioning glance but raced after me towards the end of the entrance hall.

Altair led me through a narrower path than the rest. I soon realised that it opened up to reconnect on the outside. A large balcony circled the temple and another stone bridge paved the way to a cave. This time I crossed the bridge without hesitation; Altair had ensured me this one was safe.

Once inside the cave, his spirit disappeared and I was alone again. The Elekid joined me a moment later, staring in awe at the walls. I must have had a similar expression on my face, but how could I not? The walls glittered with pure diamond crystals and stone tablets alike. My eyes moved to the back of the cave where a small marble altar stood. Placed above the altar in a marble bowl was an orb about the size of an apple. It swirled in the majestic colours of silver and gold, tainted only by a stroke of black. Two smaller orbs sat at its sides. These were both a swirling purple.

“Rye, look…” When the Elekid made no reply, I turned around. I found him staring at the first stone tablet that glittered upon the wall.

“It’s a tale of Altair’s events,” he whispered. “Listen. ‘We were vastly outnumbered. Darkrai’s army was fully prepared for war; a horror which we had not envisioned. I knew then that it was my job alone to stop him, yet an unforseen event occurred. In all his malice and rage, Darkrai created a clone which he unleashed upon the world. I have little time to find it before it may be too late.’…”

We both stared in silence at the tablet which had now become rather illegible. “Move on to the next one!” I whispered hastily.

The Elekid took a brisk step to the right and continued. “‘Darkrai did not succumb. The tides of war were endless, and the light was fading. Already, two other Light Pokemon had fallen; my kin. I was now the last. All hope was lost and I was dimming, yet a voice called out to me. ‘Even in the darkest of times, light can always find a way to prevail.’ The lord himself, Arceus, had heard my prayers.’”

“So Arceus saved Altair?” I asked. “Or…”

“Wait,” Rye interrupted. “There’s a bit underneath that. ‘The clone was not as I’d expected. Because Darkrai was nothing but pure evil, his malice was the clone, the primary weapon. This weapon took the form of another Pokemon who could change at will. It was an alien to this world and inflicted nothing but devastation in its wake. Such was the terror of Deoxys…’”

I didn’t care whether I looked shocked, appalled, or both. Deoxys was Darkrai’s clone! His pure evil self! No wonder he doesn’t have a heart, I thought. A shiver raced through my body. “I-I’m fighting pure evil. I don’t think even a Light Pokemon can overcome that.” I looked up to see Rye shaking his head with vigour.

“‘Even in the darkest of times, light can always find a way to prevail.’ I believe that, Zanna. And I believe in you.” He smiled slightly and crossed his arms.

I just nodded. I can’t let everyone else down! I won’t let Rye down! I know he depends on me more than the others, we can do this together. “I can do it!” The diamond crystals resonated the strength in my voice and carried my determination. The glow they left made my fur look almost shiny, as was the same with Rye. A warm feeling buzzed around within me, then, and I didn’t know why. What was it?

My focus was abruptly broken as the crystals dimmed and a small tremor shook the ground. “Ah!” I tripped on a rock clumsily and closed my eyes, bracing for the fall, though it never came. Rye’s strong arms gripped me and held me just off the ground. I sighed. “Er…thanks. I’ve had more than my fair share of falls lately.” I suddenly found myself laughing and another sound, almost like a chime, joined in. I gasped and blinked. That was the second time Rye had laughed!

I looked up at the Elekid. He was chuckling softly with a grin spread across his face. Strange, but it made him look older and more kind than usual, almost mature, even. “You laughed!” I remarked.

“Hmm?” Rye stopped laughing and set me upright, peering at me with interest. “I guess I did.” His eyes remained focused on mine for a while, emerald green sparks glittering gently.

The next moment passed in a strange blur. Rye took a step towards me so that I felt his warm breath bathing me, before a light paw rested around my waist. The silky fur drew me in - further than I wanted to. It was almost dark in the cave now, so little could be seen but the shine of our fur. A sudden impulse drove me closer and I reached forward slightly as Rye tilted his head.

A loud rumble passed through the cave again and I fumbled, the earthquake sending us both to the gravelly floor. No longer dazed, I looked about frantically. “What’s going on?!” Rye had relocated to the cave entrance, back turned to me.

“I think…it’s an attack. Zanna! Stay close to me!” The Elekid stood protectively in front of me, sparks surging from his ears.

Though the attack was in the present, my mind was still shocked by what had almost happened. Rye was…he was going to kiss me…I realised. Even now, when-

“Zanna!” I barely dodged a falling rock in time before it crashed into the ground where I’d been standing a moment before. “What are you doing?” he hissed. “Keep sharp!”

“Sorry!” I muttered, crouching into a safe position behind the Elekid.

Rye shot off sparks towards the cave entrance. He could obviously sense something that I couldn’t. Another tremor shook the earth and more rocks tumbled down around us. Large wing beats sounded close to the entrance and grew louder, throwing both Rye and I to the ground.

“Duck for cover!” he roared over the wind.

I curled into a ball with Rye curled over me for extra protection. I gritted my teeth, keeping half an eye open to check for any danger. The wing beats grew louder until we were being pummelled into the earth by a gale! I curled tighter until the wind died down and a grating noise sounded on the rocks ahead of me. When Rye moved to the side, I saw a large, feathery creature peer down at me.

“Zanna?” it enquired. Huh? Why did it want me? Ignoring Rye’s protesting growl, I pushed him aside and made for the giant bird. At my approach, the Pidgeot bowed. “Well met, Zanna, Light Pokemon of Talzere. I am Windtalon, guardian of the Occa tribe. I have come in need of your aid and will provide you with services if you succeed.” Windtalon bowed again and turned her amber eyes towards Rye. “And he is…?”

“That’s–” I began, but Rye cut me off.

“Lord Rye of Wingardom. Well met, Windtalon. What can we help you with?”

I blinked, dazed again. Lord Rye? He was a…royal Pokemon?

Rye caught the look on my face and grimaced. “I’ll tell you later.” He then turned back to Windtalon and awaited her request.

“My mate, Silverwing, has gone missing. He was last seen heading to Likera where Deoxys attacked. I was informed he never reached the town…” Windtalon bowed her head, slumping her wings. “I need my mate…please, can you help?”

It took a moment for me to think things through before answering. “Er…of course, but I’m kind of tied up with fighting Deoxys right now…I have to go to the missionary to further my training.”

“The missionary?!” An octave rose in Rye’s voice as he glanced at me, eyes wide. “No! We can’t go there! It’s not safe!”

I snorted, raising an eyebrow. “Codan said it was the safest place to be. He wouldn’t lie.”

“No,” Rye persisted. “Please, Zanna! Listen. You can’t go there.”

“But–”

A sharp cry from Windtalon alerted us again to her presence. “You won’t save him? Oh, Silverwing…”

Rye shook his head. “I promise you, as soon as we’re free of duties, I’ll send someone to look for him. Right now just isn’t the best time. You have my word, Windtalon of the Occa tribe.” He bowed politely and the Pidgeot returned it.

“May Arceus bless you, Lord Rye. Zanna of Talzere, I wish you well.” Without a moments delay, the Pidgeot beat her wings and cast off swiftly.

Rye and I were left standing in the half broken cave, almost dumbstruck, before I remembered something. “Lord Rye?” I accused.

The Elekid turned his back to me, edgier than before. “I-It’s not a formality I like using. I’m no different from before.”

Frowning, I turned towards the orbs, then back to Rye. “Wait…what about–”

“Please, Zanna. Can we just go?” the Elekid cut me off bluntly.

That’s it. I was getting angry now. “Listen! You can’t just ignore the fact that–”

“Zanna!” he snapped, whirling around to face me. “I can’t! It was a mistake coming here. Grab the orbs and let’s leave.”

The edge of steel in his voice alerted me to his boundaries. I didn’t want to cross them. Grabbing the two smaller orbs and the big one, I walked silently back to Rye. “You can’t hide forever,” I muttered. “You’re braver than you give yourself credit for.” I didn’t wait for a reply, just jumped down onto the bridge and bolted across it, letting the wind caress me. Only the soft patter of footsteps made me notice that Rye was following, if slightly slower than usual.

I slowed when I reached the forest again, letting my ears droop. So many things had happened since I’d been here, more disheartening than encouraging. Despite everyone’s reassurances, I knew there was no way I could do this, even with help. Let the planet die, I thought sourly. I don’t want to bother anymore.

Rye was now walking silently beside me. He cast anxious glances in my direction, but didn’t speak, even though he could see my sorrow. The tents slowly came into view a moment later, darkness surrounding them. We stopped at the edge of the road where we were meant to part. I stared at the ground before deciding to say something. Opening my mouth to speak, I heard Rye sigh.

“I’m sorry. It was never my intention to hurt you…or anything else.” I remained silent, grating my teeth gently. The Elekid looked at me calmly. “What we…er…I mean, that wasn’t what I wanted…” he trailed off and rubbed an arm awkwardly. “Maybe I should just go.”

When I gave no reply, he turned hesitantly and began to walk back to his tent. “You did,” I called after him, eyes fixed on a tree beside the river. Rye turned around, surprised by my words. “You did,” I repeated. “I know you’ve been calling to me – when you were sick. You hung on because of your will. You let me go when it could have killed you. Yet you can’t admit those simple words to yourself, Rye.”

I closed my eyes briefly and willed my gaze to move to his. This time he didn’t avert eyes, but remained locked onto me, concentrating on my words. “I know you’re scared – I can’t save the world by myself. I really don’t think I can do it at all…but everyone else believes in me…like you. All it takes is a little faith. When you didn’t wake up, I was scared beyond belief! I couldn’t lose you…after you’d done so much for me. I–” But the lump in my throat rose again and I couldn’t finish.

I scrunched my eyes keep tears from falling as the orbs rolled to the ground. The darkness pressed in; the canopy blocked most of the moons rays. My eyes were still closed when I heard footsteps again, uneven, but there. When I opened them, Rye stood before me, peering down into my eyes.

“You…” he murmured. “I guess…you were right about some things,” He raised a paw and let it sit comfortingly on my shoulder. “But don’t ever think that you can’t do something, Light can prevail; you can prevail.” He drew me into his embrace gently as I curled up against his chest, his warmth making me shudder slightly. I glanced up to see a sly grin on Rye’s face. “I guess I can do that, too.”

This time he didn’t pull away. Rye’s paw swept against my cheek – the touch was soft as a feather – as he bent towards me, hoisting me up slightly onto his feet. His lips brushed mine, testing before drawing me in closer, sealing the void between us. He was surprisingly gentle for such a strong Pokemon, and tested my boundaries lightly.

Rye then pressed his mouth against mine firmly as I returned the gesture, drawing my paws up to his chest. The moonlight shone briefly through the trees just enough to illuminate the dimly lit forest and our faces.

Rye’s eyes – usually a deep emerald – had changed. They glowed a light, leaf-green and sparkled furiously. The Elekid managed to wink once before closing his eyes and kissed me again as I half pulled away to give a silent giggle. The smile returned to his face for just a moment before succumbing to natural impulses.

A gentle breeze rustled the trees around us in harmony as, if only for a moment, the war melted around me. Peace had returned.

So what does everyone think? ^^

Links
Old 11-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

I so saw that coming!
That was funny though, when they were in the temple, and the wind is gusting hard enough to nearly tear the thing down, they're all panicky, and it turns out to be a Pidgeot.
I couldn't stop laughing, xD

Old 11-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
I so saw that coming!
That was funny though, when they were in the temple, and the wind is gusting hard enough to nearly tear the thing down, they're all panicky, and it turns out to be a Pidgeot.
I couldn't stop laughing, xD
Oh, did you? Rats. There goes my element of surprise. *facepalm*

Yup. Just a Pidgeot. xD

I thought they needed to be spooked a bit.

Links
Old 11-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Ha, I knew from the beginning they'd get together. ^^

And so Darkrai makes his move... just how far do his powers extend now?

Anyways, I think you portrayed their confusion and err... general confuzzleness over what's going on fairly well, it was pretty realistic, didn't feel strained at all. ^_^

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 11-27-2008, 03:29 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Ha, I knew from the beginning they'd get together. ^^

And so Darkrai makes his move... just how far do his powers extend now?

Anyways, I think you portrayed their confusion and err... general confuzzleness over what's going on fairly well, it was pretty realistic, didn't feel strained at all. ^_^
Lot's of people wanted it, anyway. ^^

Ah, the mysterious power of Darkrai...up for discussion.

Thanks, Lus. Glad you liked it. =]

Links
Old 11-27-2008, 05:45 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I need to hug somebody! T^T *grabs Chip*

Whoa! Careful! =^-^'=

That was so.. *sniffs* beautiful! All the emotion! I could never write like that!
I'm so happy they finally just accepted it! The chapter was done so well Gem! You're right, the title fit perfectly!
Between them getting things into the open, there was hurt, there was kindness, there was worry, there was fear, there was love! OOOOHHH!!! I luvs this chapter! ^^
We learned things about Deoxys and Darkrai. They learned things about each other.

*being snuggled* You're not gonna get off that are you? Not that I blame you. =^-^=

No I'm not! I'm happy! ^^