Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:59 PM
scalec Offline

Default Re: Pokemon: Team StormRiders

Oops, sorry about the posting. *nervously laughs*
Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Don't worry. As long as you know now, it's fine. ^_^

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 04-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Chapter 9: The new apprentice

Who could be so powerful? I thought, as Codan led me, Lani and Jarre to a nearby arena. The PRA building was magnificent; glittered walls lined hallways and everyone was helping out. Like a huge team. Codan slowed and held out a paw to stop us.

“Wait here.” He said quietly as he went through a large archway.

“What’s going on?” I asked Lani.

“He must confirm with Balian first,” She snorted, “It’s a policy.” Jarre looked at me nervously.

“Who could do something like that?” He scraped at a tile nervously with a talon. “I mean, you’d have to be a…god!”

Lani laughed and smiled at Jarre. “Our leaders aren’t immortal. Anyone could beat them if they were strong enough.”

“I knew that.” Jarre replied, but he still looked at the ground.

“What is Balian anyway?” I asked Lani curiously.

“He’s an Empoleon. One of the best fighters around and a water-and-steel type.”

An Empoleon… I thought. Must be tough. I heard a rushing noise and a moment later Codan landed in front of us.

“Come on, this way!” He said cheerfully. “And watch your step.”

I walked out onto a beautiful, glistening arena. The sun shone through the windows that lit up a nearby lake. A rocky field covered the southern half and ferns lined the walls. In the middle I noticed a huge, blue figure. It looked like a penguin with steel arms and a trident covering it’s face. That must be Balian. As soon as we approached, he turned and smiled painfully.

“Welcome, Codan. How are the two from the caves doing?” Codan returned the smile and held out a paw.

“Oh, they’re fine. Made a complete recovery.” Balian shook it and smiled, turning to Lani.

“A pleasure, my friend,” Lani said gracefully. “I’d like you to meet Zanna and Jarre.”

The Empoleon looked first at Jarre, then me. However, as his gaze passed over Jarre it hardened, as if he’d said something mean. And if that wasn’t odd enough, Jarre returned the stare with gritted teeth. What on earth was going on here? But I didn’t have time to think, Balian had already offered a wing.

“So you’re the Pikachu I’ve been hearing so much about?” I shook his wing and nodded. “You travel in curious company too.” He added, glancing at Jarre briefly.

He scowled. “Watch it, Balian.”

The Empoleon smirked. “Oh, so you haven’t--”

“Okay, who’s the new apprentice then, hmmm?” Codan cut across Balian and smiled meekly.

Balian averted his icy gaze from Jarre and turned to Codan. “A young Elekid,” He said reluctantly. “And a good one at that.” He gestured behind him to an Elekid I hadn’t even realised was there.

The marking’s looked a lot like…

“Rye!” I gasped. He raised an eyebrow and nodded. Jarre’s mouth was gaping and Codan, Lani and Balian turned to me.

“You know him, do you?” Balian asked.
I shrank a bit under his gaze and nodded feebly. “We met briefly.” I replied.

Jarre had managed to close his beak and was shifting his gaze from me to Rye and back again.

“Rye beat you?” I asked Balian slowly.

“By mere luck, I assure you.” He replied with a sour tone.

I noticed Rye’s mouth twitch into a grin as he folded his arms.

“Chance or not, we have a star in the making!” Codan smiled.

“Just add him to the list.” Balian waved a wing and walked to the exit.

“Is he always so cold?” I glared as he left. Something was definitely not right here.

“He’s only been that way recently,” Lani sighed and lowered her head. “And I have no idea what’s wrong.”

Rye was also eyeing the spot where Balian had disappeared. “That’s leaders for you. Think they’re so high and mighty.”

I couldn’t help but notice Rye’s tone. It was sharp when he spoke. I frowned as Codan took a step forward.

“Let’s go and have some lunch, shall we?”

Jarre’s stomach rumbled. “I agree.” He said, grimacing. Everyone followed, but Rye didn’t move. I glanced at Jarre.

“I’ll catch up.” He was hesitant, but nodded. Rye had walked up to me and unfolded his arms.

“We need to talk.”

Rye led me outside to a small balcony overlooking the town. He gestured to a bench and I sat down anxiously. Something had dawned on me. “You know Jarre, don’t you?” Rye was still standing and he didn’t show the slightest inclination to sit. He nodded again vaguely.

“Do you know who he is?” Rye’s eyes narrowed and locked onto mine. I felt that same guarded feeling about him that I’d had when we first met.

“He’s a good friend.” I replied defensively.

“Then you don’t know…” Rye turned to face the sun, then looked back at me. “What has he told you of his past?” A shocked expression settled on my face.

“His past? Nothing, why?”

“I thought as much. Then this is going to take a while.” He shifted from foot-to-foot, then folded his arms again. “Be careful. He’s not all that he seems.”

I frowned. “Why? What has Jarre done?”

Rye sighed. “A long time ago, when he was just a kid, Jarre joined a gang.”

I nodded. “So what’s that got to do with it? Joining a gang’s not bad.”

“No,” Rye reasoned, “You don’t understand. He grew up in Shale, renowned for it’s gangs. It was either, you join one, or…” He dragged a paw across his throat. “Well, to put it blunt, you die.” He had obviously noticed my face go pale. “Don’t worry. Mostly everyone was okay. But back then…” He paused to gather his thoughts. “Jarre was an orphan. He, he joined this gang that was renown for its wickedness.”

I couldn’t help but gasp. “Why would Jarre do that? He’s not bad, he’s…,” I paused to recollect the memories I’d had with him. “The nicest friend I’ve ever had…” Rye stared at me so hard, I was surprised he didn’t bore a hole straight through me.

“It was the only way to survive at the time and this gang leader, Scythe, was more…lenient than others.”

“Huh? Who’s Scythe?” Rye frowned, apparently unimpressed by my lack of knowledge.

“She…rumours say that she was twisted by dark powers. But one thing was certain: She was an Absol without remorse.”

An Absol…I pictured the disaster Pokemon in my mind, though this one was different. A body as dark as night itself and blood red eyes that could pierce you to the very core. I shuddered as the thought subsided. “What then?”

“Jarre had a friend called Raze. As far as I know, they grew up together, like brothers. He was a Taillow captured by Scythe. There was a test that you had to pass to join the gang, however, and Scythe had wicked schemes.” Rye stopped suddenly.

“Maybe you shouldn’t tell me.” I told him, but Rye, regarding me with interest, shook his head.

“No, you have to hear. To learn…The test was this: Raze was tied in between two metal poles, on the night of a lightning storm. If he wasn’t rescued in time, he was…fried. What I heard, Jarre accepted the challenge, but when he tried to save Raze…he hesitated.”

“Wah! Why would he do that?!” I jumped up and clenched my paws. “He couldn’t…he couldn’t!”

Rye still had his arms folded. He closed his eyes and continued in an agitated manner.
“Raze escaped, but the two…they were different from then on. Raze swore revenge, and Jarre…he stuck with the gang.” My paws fell limply to my sides and I stood completely still, frozen in place. Rye’s eyes widened. “Listen, you don’t know what he’s capable of. All I’m saying is, be careful.” I raised my head to look at him.

“I--I’m lost.” I thought I knew Jarre. We were friends, weren’t we? He wouldn’t…but I had to find out the truth. Rye shook his head abruptly as he felt the discomfort in the air.

“I’ve got to go, but…watch yourself.” The sincerity in his eyes almost scared me, as he was scared of Jarre. I managed to utter a few words before he disappeared behind the balcony.

“Hey…thanks.” Rye turned and smiled meekly.

“Rescue is your priority right now. Remember that, Zanna.” He raised a paw and vanished around the corner.

In his own way, Rye was kind, even if he didn’t usually show it. I hope I make a good team someday, and who knows how many friends I’ll make. The thought made me smile, but while the issue of Jarre was unsolved, my mind remained clouded. I had to know what was going on. And if that meant being sneaky, then so be it.

Comments and reviews? Keep them coming.

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 07-03-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:13 AM
scalec Offline

That was a good one. Foreshadowing, detail, grammer, the whole nine yards! Can't wait for next chapter. Hurry! *figeting like crazy*
Old 04-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Glad you like it. ^_^
The next chapter will be up soon, promise. Maybe tomorrow.
Thanks for your comment, I was carefully checking that one for errors along the way.
All I can say is you'll love the chapters coming up!

Links
Old 04-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Chapter 10: The Three Powers

“Oh, my head…feels like I’ve been hit by a rock.” Jirachi’s face creased and he groaned. “Xatu, what happened to Deoxys?”

Although he’d asked this same question over ten times now, he still hoped for a different answer.

“Vanished.” The green bird replied again.

Vanished…Jirachi thought, where to? Then he remembered something he hadn’t asked. “The girl!” Jirachi sat bolt upright, a startled expression on his face. “Where is she? Is she okay? Is--”

“Fine,’ Xatu said impatiently, cutting Jirachi off. “And you need your rest.” He gently placed a wing on Jirachi and lowered him back onto the bed.

“But I don’t want to rest! I want to help, to fight! What use am I if I can’t do that?”

“You can think,” Xatu said calmly, “Prepare, and heal.”

“But that’s no fun,” Jirachi muttered under his breath. “I’ve had more fun cleaning up after Muk.” He looked up to see Xatu staring at the sun again. I don’t think he’s all there. The sun must have messed up his mind.

“I heard that.” Xatu answered, frowning.

Jirachi cringed. I forgot he could read my thoughts!

“I see lots of things,” Xatu whispered. “But the fate of Pokemon isn’t one of them.”

Jirachi raised an eyebrow. Was something wrong with Xatu? He had been different lately and teleporting Pokemon probably didn’t make it any easier. Putting a hand behind his head, Jirachi slowly sat up. “Xatu, is there something wrong? Can I help?”

The psychic bird turned round, but what he saw wasn’t Xatu. Well, it was, but…different. Pale, ragged feathers clung to him and he seemed to be breathing rather heavily. The bird gave a wry smile. “I’m just a bit sick, that’s all.”

Jirachi simply wouldn’t take this in. “But look at you! Um sorry, but it’s true! Xatu, you need help! I’ll go get Blissey. She’s an excellent healer and--”

“NO!” Xatu’s voice rang across the canyon and Jirachi stopped, startled.

“Xatu…” He murmured.

“It’s just my time. I have to go.”

“Wait! Go? Go where?” Jirachi stood up and had to put a hand on a rock to steady himself.

“Above.” Xatu replied. His body flickered and began to fade.

“Wait! What do I do?” Jirachi called out. “I need your help!”

“Seek the legendary Pokemon--”

“Who?”

Xatu glared. “I wasn’t finished! Seek The Three Powers, Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit. Only they may be able to help you now…”

Xatu’s body flickered again then lurched upwards towards the sky. He was gone.
Jirachi didn’t take his eyes off the place where Xatu had vanished. “Is he, he…” Somehow, he couldn’t bring himself to say the word ‘dead’.

Jirachi slowly flew to the edge of the canyon and reached out a hand. A tingling vibe was flowing through the air, but a moment later it seemed to disappear. Like Xatu.
“How, how could he leave? I don’t know where those Pokemon are! I have to ask someone. Oh, if only Xatu was here!” Jirachi clenched his hands and glared at the sky.

Why leave me with this task?! His gritted teeth began to hurt. Anger flowed through him like a red hot flame. “Grrrrr, Xatu!” Jirachi’s voice echoed and sent a flock of nearby Starly fleeing for the sky. Good. He thought angrily, crossing his arms. A noise from behind startled the little Pokemon and he turned.

“I’m sorry…but I couldn’t help but overhear your dilemma.” A small Riolu stood watching with interest, from a tall tree.

“Help?” Jirachi murmured. Wait, maybe she can help me!

The Riolu smiled. “I know someone, maybe, who could help.”

Jirachi flew over to the Pokemon and landed in front of it.

“Oh, I’m Sierra by the way.” She held out a paw and Jirachi shook it.

“Glad to meet you. I’m--”

“I know who you are,” Sierra replied. “Jirachi the Wishmaker.” His face grew stunned. Sierra noticed, but just smiled. “To make a wish would be wonderful.” She murmured excitedly. Her voice was almost like a song, but it was fierce too.

“Wishes don’t always help.” Jirachi lowered his head. They can’t bring back those who are gone…

The Riolu stared at him. “What wishes can’t do, I will!” She smiled and clenched her paws.

“You…you want to come with me?” Jirachi asked.

“It’s a long way,” Sierra answered, raising a paw and dragging it across the sky. “I thought you might like some company.”

He grinned. “Then let’s make a team! To help those in need along the way.”

“Oh, a team?” Sierra’s face furrowed. She seemed to be thinking. “Okay then, how about Team Starfire?”

Jirachi looked in wonder and nodded. “Yes! For our ambition!”

“And for the stars who guide us.” Sierra added.

Jirachi grinned. “Perfect! Team Starfire…Let’s go!” Then he stopped. “Where are we going?”

Sierra paced in front of the tree and stopped to look at Jirachi. “We must find…Alakazam. His IQ is unmatched. He’ll know where those Pokemon are!”

Jirachi nodded silently and took a last look at where Xatu had vanished. And while I’m there, I’ll ask what happened to him. “Okay!” Jirachi said fiercely, “Let’s go find Alakazam!”

“Right,” Sierra smiled. “He lives off the coast of Matuna Valley in Psycrave Wood,” She paused and frowned. “I think it’s west of here, so the closest town we’ll pass is Shale. So let’s start there and gather some information while we’re at it. If we wait until night, we can follow the Western Star and that should lead us right to Shale.”

Jirachi stood in awe at the Riolu’s intellect. “How in the name of Arceus do you know all this?”

“Oh!” She started and turned red. “My father…We live in an observatory. While I grew up I studied maps and star charts. I’m finally glad it can come in use.” She turned hurriedly and started for the cliff path.

Jirachi gave a slight smile and followed, thinking just how fortunate he was to run into someone who could help him.

Deoxys paced the floor of the cavern with twitching tentacles. “How did that Pikachu escape me?!” He smashed the wall with an arm and made a Pokemon jump.
Deoxys continued without a thought. “If Aggron didn’t work…and now Balian exposed…by that Elekid!” He threw another arm into the wall.

The Absol jumped at the shockwave, but didn’t take her eyes off her master.

“My patience is wearing thin, Scythe. Too many times have I been foiled! By Jirachi, that girl and now the Elekid! Wasn’t I meant to succeed?” He stopped pacing and eyed Scythe coldly.

She shrank back and grimaced. “No, my lord! Your plans are unmatched! It’s just…if you put me in charge of an operation, then--”

“WHAT!?” Deoxys thundered, causing Scythe to recoil and start babbling.

“Well, perhaps I could visit an old friend?” She paused and cocked her head to the left cautiously.

Deoxys raised an arm to his mouth and smiled maliciously. “Scythe, that could work…”

As Deoxys began pacing again, Scythe sighed in relief and collapsed on the floor. She eyed him warily and frowned.

Deoxys turned. “Go now to Likera, Scythe,” He paused. “And take the bird with you. I have a feeling our friend still has a weak spot for him.”

Scythe jumped up and nodded hastily. “As you wish, my lord.” She bounded to a nearby hole and called through it. “Raze! You’re needed! Accompany me to Likera at once! The master wishes it.”

A slight whoosh sounded from within the hole. A moment later, a Taillow burst through and landed lightly upon the floor. He paced up to Scythe and tapped his wing, then his chest. Scythe smiled and nodded slowly.

Raze grinned. “So, we’re going to see and old friend of mine, hmmm? Well, I hope he makes me welcome.” He narrowed his cold gaze and fixed it on Deoxys. “When should we leave?”

“At once. I have to wish to dally with preparations. It will not be needed.” He waved an arm to dismiss them both.

Raze turned and spread his wings, taking to the sky to follow Scythe through the mountain pass.

“I wish to see my dear brother,” He sneered in a false, sweet voice. “And this time, I shall be the one who escapes unscathed! After what he put me through, I deserve it.” Raze’s voice ended in a hiss.

Scythe looked at him in an irritated manner. “My, my, Raze. If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’re getting excited over this. If it makes you feel any more enlightened, I think he misses you.”

Raze glared at her. “Don’t patronise me, Absol! You started all of this, but I will end it!”

Scythe merely shrugged and walked ahead.

Raze scowled and followed her. “Time for a family reunion.” He muttered icily.

*Just a note, the next chapter may be a while due to school restarting.
Comments? Does anyone review fics anymore?

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 07-03-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:11 AM
scalec Offline

I do! But actually, thats not much of a consalation:/
I thought it was quite good, but very cold.
Not as much as other chapters you've written. But considering stuff with school it's understandable.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
I do! But actually, thats not much of a consalation:/
I thought it was quite good, but very cold.
Not as much as other chapters you've written. But considering stuff with school it's understandable.
Well, comment appreciated.
The next chapter is a good one, I think. That one was more of a background on what's happening elsewhere. Adds some depth to the story.

Links
Old 04-04-2008, 04:54 AM
BLAZIKEN_EMY Offline
Banned

Great story, can't wait to read more!,
Read first chapter, I like it!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:10 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Just read the new chapters. Really good. I like what you said about the characters pasts not being what they seemed. It should make things really interesting. Sorry I can't say anymore but I'm running late. I'll look for the next bit! ^^
Old 04-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Yay, more comments! Thankyou all.
I will type the next chapter up soon for all who are waiting.
I like it, but it may be a bit dark for some people.

Links
Old 04-06-2008, 08:12 AM
BLAZIKEN_EMY Offline
Banned

NEW CHAPTER, AWESOME!(like the par about jirachi!^_^"!)keep it up!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

It's great! I'm enjoying this very much. Zanna's my favorite.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

New Chapter up!
*Please note that this chapter contains very gory and violent scenes.
If you don't think you are able to handle it, skip the chapter. PG 13+*

Chapter 11: Truth and Lies

It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be to escape the others. As soon as I’d had my lunch however, I saw my chance. Codan had very sourly started cleaning up after us, Lani was ready for a nap, but Jarre was watching me intently, Nothing I did could escape his focus. I peered over at Codan who had now begun to stack the bowls. I needed to get out of here; to the Records Room. I frowned slightly. If I remembered correctly, it was to the left of the entrance, just past the front desk.

As Codan turned, I cleared my throat and glanced at him hastily. “Um…can I go to the restroom?” I grinned and slowly gritted my teeth.

Codan smiled. “Just down that hall, second door on your right.” He gestured to a bright and classy hallway.

I nodded thanks and walked out of the room, all the while Jarre’s eyes locked onto me like an irremovable stain. As soon as I’d turned the corner, I pricked my ears and closed my eyes. I could feel the vibrations in the building. An Arcanine a floor below, a Togekiss training with a Sneasel, the Records Room two floors down…my heart gave a sudden jolt. Empty! As quiet as a Gastly, I made my way down the stairs; the elevator would draw too much unnecessary attention.

When I’d reached the Records Room door, I froze. My eyes hovered over a card slot. I rolled my eyes and groaned. Of course they wouldn’t leave it unprotected! “Stupid!” I muttered almost silently. I stole a quick glance around the room, then stepped up to the card slot. I held out a steady paw and let loose a claw from inside. Carefully, I placed the claw in the slot and dragged it down, manoeuvring around the tiny chinks. As soon as I’d reached the bottom, a slight beep alerted my attention. The door slid sideways and I held onto it, squeezing into the room and then shutting it again behind me.

Bright daylight poured in from a glass hole in the ceiling, filling the room in a radiant glow. I turned slowly and my jaw dropped. Millions of rows of shelves stood packed with figurines. I walked up to one. It was a small, light brown Eevee. A silver nameplate was engraved on the stand. ‘Lau’. I reached out a paw to touch the Eevee and instantly recoiled. It was warm! And beating! I placed a shaky paw on the side of it. A steady heartbeat flowed against it. Incredible! The records were miniatures of real Pokemon! Only, these ones didn’t move. My gaze hovered slowly on the stand. Just above the nameplate was an orb the size of a Cheri berry. I reached out and held it between my paws. It was blue and seemed to have three holes in it. A cool voice sounded behind me.

“I wouldn’t touch that if I were you.”

I started and spun around. “Rye! How?--”

He smirked and walked over to me, taking the orb from my paw and placing it back gently.

“What is this?” I stared at him uneasily as he walked to a nearby shelf and studied the figurines.

Rye glanced at me and gave a slight smile. “Don’t worry. I won’t report you.”

“You didn’t answer my question.” I repeated firmly.

He stared at me for a moment longer and turned back to the shelf. “I thought you’d know. These are everyone’s permanent records in the world.”

I gaped. “Everyone’s? In this room?”

Rye smirked again and pointed to a line of Pikachu’s. “Everyone’s. Yours will be along there somewhere I’d wager. Interesting things these,” He picked up a small Pichu from below the Pikachu’s line. “They live and breath as we do, but they don’t move. A nameplate, a heartbeat, everything.” He placed it back down and picked up the orb instead. “These,” He paused slightly for effect, “Are your past, present and occasionally future.”

I stared at the glowing orb. “How?”

Rye waved me over and turned the orb so I could see three small buttons. “The first one’s for a Pokemon’s past,” --He turned it to the second one, and then the third--”present and future. Press one of these, and the exact memories and feelings of the Pokemon who had them appear instantly in your mind. Except for the future, which is more of a prophecy told only in glimpses by the voice of this world.” Rye finished and put the orb back into place, just above the nameplate of the Pichu.

I stared at the tiny Pichu and jumped when Rye’s voice interrupted my thoughts.

“So, which one are you after?”

I glanced at the floor, then back to Rye, averting his eyes. “I…was looking for Jarre’s…” I trailed off as the ghost of a smile touched Rye’s mouth.

“I wouldn’t fool around with this, Zanna, it’s highly dangerous. His I wouldn’t recommend.”

“Why?” I snapped, “If everyone else knows and you won’t tell me, I have a right!”

He looked at me sharply. “It’s not a game. You can’t--”

“I can handle it.”

My voice sounded firm and confident. I wasn’t wavering. I needed to know once and for all who Jarre really was. Rye’s eyes locked onto mine for a moment, then glanced to the left.

He sighed. “The Torchic’s are over there, by the Growlithe’s. Listen, Zanna, if you find something you didn’t want to hear, don’t expect me to bail you out of it,” He looked at me solemnly and a touch of gentleness entered his tone. “Because I won’t.”

His gaze wavered for a moment, then he turned and walked swiftly through the rows of figurines and disappeared around a corner. I bit my lip cautiously. Rye’s words washed over me like a freezing tidal wave, but he was right. And I wouldn’t need his help. This was something I had to do by myself. I needed to.

I walked up to the Torchic’s and scanned for Jarre’s name. A silver plaque stood out engraved in red and black. The cool blue eyes of the Torchic stared back placidly. As I took the orb in my paws, I shivered. It glistened as I turned to the first, gleaming button. If I hesitated, I knew I wouldn’t be able to do it. Without a second thought, I pressed it in and uttered a small yelp as my world went black.

Pain erupted in my head like a million nails. My vision was constantly going in and out of focus. The world was shifting through the very fabric of time and space! As soon as I thought my head would explode, the pain ended and my vision cleared.

I stood in an old warehouse. It had a tin roof and sandstone walls. Huge boxes lined the back wall, with only a single window in the roof to allow light to flow freely into the building. A small archway was at my left, in the wall, and it seemed to attract the light which gave an eerie feeling to the engravings upon it. The rest of the room stood bare apart from a Gengar, a Torchic and a midnight-black Absol. Scythe.

Jarre stood a couple of metres from Scythe, talking in a low voice to the Gengar, who returned his words with a sharp nod.

Suddenly, I felt very powerful and pleased. I looked down at my body and almost reeled. I was a transparent, flickering figure! My eyes widened as I understood what was going on. I was a mere spirit in Jarre’s past. The sudden emotions I had, belonged to him! We were in total sync with each other. A sharp voice pierced my mind.

So…he is on the move again…

I jumped. The voice was cold and harsh. It was almost so different from the Jarre I now knew. I could hear his very thoughts and emotions pulse through me. And at the moment, I felt good. Energy and vigour made me feel alive!

My gaze locked onto the Gengar who was now moving swiftly back to the sitting Absol. At his approach, she held her head high and smirked.

“No need to worry. Send out a search crew,” She relaxed and retracted her claws. “He’s close. I can feel it!”

Her very aura was malicious. Rye had been right when he said she was renown for her wickedness.

The Gengar gave a curt nod and turned to Jarre. “Assemble the Hunters.”

The Torchic nodded and walked over to the engraved archway. I followed him and stopped a couple of metres away. In my mind I began to hear strange words.

…Akatune, viaera, dask ka’une! …

The cold stone doors of the archway spun open and the engravings glowed in a bright, crimson red. The words were a silent password, no doubt conveyed by telepathy. Only those who knew them would be able to enter and exit at will.

I followed Jarre silently through the stone doors. As soon as I was through they automatically shut, causing me to start. Jarre had stopped at the end of a dark hall. The sandstone walls were lined with fiery torches, lighting the walkway dimly. As I edged up to him, I saw a group of vicious looking Pokemon.

They were about four feet tall with a dark grey body, large hooked claws; dark red eyes, tail, collar, ears and a crest on top of it’s head. Each had small protruding fangs and a bright gold gem-like thing embedded in it’s forehead. My instincts told me that these Pokemon were called Weavile, and they were not to mess around with. Their build suggested great speed and strength.

Jarre began to talk in a low, hushed tone. “I know he’s out there somewhere. Find me that Pikachu, or heads will roll. And it won’t be mine.”

The group of Weavile nodded, saluted Jarre and jumped up through a small opening in the right wall.
I saw Jarre smile. I know the Hunters won’t fail me. That Pikachu will be mine within the hour.

As I felt his anger and satisfaction pass through me, I paused to think. Jarre wanted a Pikachu. What in the name of Arceus for? I shook my head. I’d never heard of that saying before…how did I know it? I must have gotten it from the depths of Jarre’s subconscious, I concluded.

Jarre sighed and headed off through the left wing. I followed, but this time kept my distance. This Torchic was beginning to scare me. He looked so different than what I knew. His eyes were more narrowed and a darker shade of blue than I remembered. His wings were rough and edgy, as was his crest and feathers, which were now a darker hue of red. His talons were long and curved and looked deadly. My insides lurched. Whoever this Pokemon was, it wasn’t Jarre. And I had no desire to get any closer to it. My thoughts followed me as I entered a new room.

This one was occupied by metal cages and tables. A testing room? As I saw more of the room however, there seemed to be Pokemon strapped to the tables, struggling like crazy to free themselves. No, not a testing room, I thought, a torturing room! This didn’t seem to phase Jarre as he walked up to a cage. Two Pokemon seemed to be inside. My instincts told me they were a Sneasel and a Buizel. As Jarre approached, the Sneasel glared and bared it’s teeth, snarling.

Jarre sneered. “Well, well, Sneasel. Ready to talk yet?”

“Never,” It hissed. “You won’t get a single word out of me for as long as I live!”

Jarre looked offended. “That shouldn’t be too long the way you’re heading. But…we’ll see. Guards!”

At Jarre’s call, two Tyranitar came up and unlocked the cage. The Sneasel stood firm while the Buizel looked up and stared in nervous shock at it’s companion. As the Tyranitar backed out with the Sneasel, Jarre followed them as they strapped it tightly to a wooden cross. The Sneasel snarled and hissed, but the Tyranitar were too strong for it. His attempts to escape were nothing more than a pitiful struggle to them. As Jarre nodded to the guards and they backed away, the Sneasel panted for breath and hung it’s head limply. I really didn’t like where this was heading. Jarre walked up to the Sneasel and raised his head in satisfaction.

“Talk, Sneasel.”

The Pokemon sneered and spat on the Torchic. Jarre bared his beak in a snarl and scratched at it with a talon. The wail of the Sneasel hit me like a shock wave, but I was incapable of feeling sad. All I felt was pulsing hot anger and contentment. I felt it would drive me insane if I didn’t get out of here soon, but I was stuck! My eyes watched as crimson blood flowed freely from the open wound in the Sneasel’s chest.

Jarre smile maliciously. “Now pray I won’t have to do that again. Where is the Pikachu?”

The Sneasel raised it’s head and smiled. “Taking down your master from the petty throne he sits on!”

Jarre scowled and narrowed his eyes, raising a foot. “Don’t make me do it…”

The Sneasel merely smirked. “You can’t silence us. We are rescuers, free and proud. We serve no one,” He narrowed his eyes. “Certainly not little chickens!”

Jarre had snapped. I felt seething hatred flow through my veins, and at the same time, willing the memory to stop. The Torchic had begun to glow red. As he opened his beak, a hot jet of flame pulsed out and engulfed the Sneasel. In an instant, it’s shrieks had pierced me. I covered my ears, writhing in agony like the Sneasel. And still, my eyes were stuck fast to the scene. As the flames cleared I saw the Pokemon. He was alive, but badly burnt. A singed smell wafted through the air.

“Now talk!” Jarre hissed.

The Sneasel said not a word as it struggled to stay conscious. Jarre’s eyes narrowed again. He jumped up and in one swift movement he had buried his talons deep within the Pokemon’s chest. The Sneasel screamed and his eyelids fluttered. Jarre’s talons made him stick fast to the poor Pokemon. Blood poured from the fresh pinholes in his right side. The Sneasel yelped again and creased it’s face as Jarre tightened the grip with his talons.

“One, swift movement, Sneasel, and I can rip out a chunk of your flesh. Now, one last time. Where is the PIKACHU!?”

Jarre’s sharp voice rang through the entire room. Every last square inch had been rendered silent as to hear what would happen to the Sneasel. As Jarre looked at it firmly, he raised his head once more.

“Darkrai has your soul now. You’re cursed to your very core, Torchic. And I will always remember your seething rage as I die before your talons, never saying a word!” He managed a meek grin and clenched his claws. “Go on…kill me!”

Jarre paused in shock. “I prefer a more tortured approach!”

Jarre’s voice had truly reached madness. He screeched and started to pull a talon from the Sneasel’s body. A rippling, sucking sound ensued. It screamed in agony as flesh ripped away from it’s chest, covering Jarre’s foot in slippery red blood. The manic look on the Torchic’s face held my eyes as matted fur and flesh stuck to his talons. The Sneasel was now almost unconscious, it’s face twisted in pain. Just as Jarre began to draw out the other foot, I felt a jerk. My consciousness was slipping.

I reeled back and my eyes were torn away from the death scene. I put a paw to my head and fell to the floor, the Sneasel’s last screams ringing in my ears. My vision blurred and I collapsed. The last thing I saw was the hazy red body of the Torchic still gripping vicelike to the grey figure. With a final jerk, my mind slipped from the images, the screaming stopped and my world turned black.

Links

Last edited by Gem N Ems; 07-03-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Entei_3000 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

That, was scary.

I felt like I wanted to try and stop Jarre! How could he?!

It was good. A little creepy, but good.
Children are a blessing, why would anyone have it any other way?
98% of teens won't stand up for God... Repost this if you're one of the 2% who will.