Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 08-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun
Default FireRed and LeafGreen Move Tutor Moves

Now then, as many of you may know, in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, there are a bunch of move tutors scattered across the game.

Now then, these move tutors all teach you a move that used to be a TM in Red/Blue/Yellow.

The only exception to this is the tutor who teaches Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon, as these three are brand new moves.

Now then, the reason that this has been done is because there were quite a few amazing moves that were TMs only in Red/Blue/Yellow, but because of thise, the later generations of Pokémon weren't able to learn some of these fabulous moves, but now they can.

So, what I want to request is the following:

I was wondering whether the TMs below, which are all of the RBY TMs that can be taught by the move tutors in FireRed and LeafGreen, could be taught to the later generation Pokémon in the same way as you would normally use a TM:

TM01 - Mega Punch
TM03 - Swords Dance
TM05 - Mega Kick
TM08 - Body Slam
TM10 - Double-edge
TM18 - Counter
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM31 - Mimic
TM35 - Metronome
TM41 - Softboiled
TM42 - Dream Eater
TM45 - Thunder Wave
TM47 - Explosion
TM48 - Rock Slide
TM50 - Substitute

In other words, you still need the appropriate TM, and the Pokémon that you will use it on has to be able to learn that move from one of the move tutors from FireRed and LeafGreen.

Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else?

Also, for Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon, perhaps these three could be sold too, I mean, they could perhaps be a little bit more expensive than Hyper Beam due to them actually being able to cause super effective hits, but then there wouldn't be any worries over them being overused because only 1 Pokémon can learn each.

Here they are as they would be in the URPG:

TM109 - Blast Burn
TM110 - Frenzy Plant
TM111 - Hydro Cannon

The price is up to whoever is in charge of that thing though, whether they should be the same price, or more expensive than Hyper Beam is up to them.

So, who is with me on this one?

I think it makes sense, but it's entirely up to whoever is in charge of this kinda' stuff.

Hope it all works out well!!!

Last edited by Manjoume Jun; 08-27-2004 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:43 AM
Jhem Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jhem Send a message via MSN to Jhem Send a message via Yahoo to Jhem
Default Re: FireRed and LeafGreen Move Tutor Moves

THat is awesome. I always wondered that but my ideas are always rejected or corrected in a way that sucks for everyone, so I decided to let someone else do it instead I hope it goes well and it gets accepted... I hope...
Old 09-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

sorry for the late response.

anyway, the games aren't even out yet. i think it would be best to wait for F/L to be available.

still... i think Move Tutor moves won't be added any time soon, if at all. we're barely starting to get Breeding Moves to the URPG. need to see how that works before adding MT's. in my opinion, i don't think Move Tutor should be used here.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 09-04-2004, 12:59 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Well, MT moves are nothing more than TM moves, so I really don't see the big deal...
Old 09-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

it will be a big deal. 1 Pokemon will be able to learn too many moves and that would make it just too hard to beat. we have to draw a limit somewhere. just be lucky enough to get the breeding moves. heh

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 09-07-2004, 12:31 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

well Starmie and Snorlax and stuff are already broken even before MT (tho they dont need MT), so...

And besides, the RBY pokes have access to 3 generations of TMs, the metallics as well, but the Gems only to their own, so learning a set of MT moves isn't like piling 100 more TMs on them...
Old 10-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Well, FR and LG have been globally released now, so does that change how this idea is seen at all?

I hope so, because it makes perfect sense... but it's up to the URPG bigwigs to decide...

Ho hum...
Old 10-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

FR/LG thread here

i posted the thread now that i remembered.

Move Tutor is not included.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 10-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Gah, that sucks... now the money I spent on a Counter TM for my Zangoose has been wasted...

Bugger.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Firstly, a thousand apologies for reviving this old thread, and a thousand more for double-posting, but I really do think that this could work.

We've finally established the Breeding Center for learning Egg Moves, and so the only things left are the Move Tutor moves.

For those who are behind on my original proposal, just to summarise from above, it was as follows:

In Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen for the Game Boy Advance, there are various Move Tutors, who will teach a Pokémon of yours an attack for free.

The moves given by each of these Move Tutors are all attacks which used to be TMs on Red/Blue/Yellow, so they're available in TM form in the PokéMart on this forum.

The only exception to this is for the moves Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon, the elemental variants of Hyper Beam, which were exclusive to Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise respectively.

The moves which were taught by these Move Tutors are as follows (the TM number listed is the number of the TM in the URPG):

TM01 - Mega Punch
TM03 - Swords Dance
TM05 - Mega Kick
TM08 - Body Slam
TM10 - Double-edge
TM18 - Counter
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM31 - Mimic
TM35 - Metronome
TM41 - Softboiled
TM42 - Dream Eater
TM45 - Thunder Wave
TM47 - Explosion
TM48 - Rock Slide
TM50 - Substitute

This means that my proposal is to allow us to teach these TMs to the Pokémon which can only learn the above moves via a Move Tutor from FireRed/LeafGreen.

The whole process would work in exactly the same way as teaching a Pokémon a TM as usual, and so there's no difference whatsoever.

The TM would still have to be bought from the Mart, and the Pokémon would still have to be able to learn that TM via a Move Tutor from FireRed/LeafGreen.

If anyone wants a list of which of these TMs can be taught to which Pokémon, then just check the PokéDex at Pokémon Fan Universe.

As for Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon, I guess they could be added as TMs 109, 110, and 111, and be sold for the same price as Hyper Beam, that's entirely optional.

I don't see why this can't be done, it wouldn't require a new thread, or anything complicated like that, it merely requires the allowance by a URPG official.

I await your favourable reply.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

I do agree with Dan about adding Move Tutore techniques as TMs since they are attacks that pokemon CAN be taught. And technically, TMs is teaching a Pokemon attacks he might not be able to learn it by him self (Same concept as Tutore)

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 03-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix004 Send a message via MSN to Phoenix004

I completely agree. For example: I have an Umbreon as many of you know. Obviously Umbreon on the Gameboy games can't receive the Substitute TM because you can only get it on RBY. However, Eevee and it's three stone evolutions can learn the Substitute TM because you can get them on RBY. Therefore, if you could have an Umbreon on RBY, it would definitely be able to learn Substitute. However, in the URPG you can buy any TM to use on any Pokemon which can learn that TM, but URPG Pkemon aren't bound by game boundaries, so why can't Umbreon learn it?

This is just one of the many examples supporting the idea of a FR/LG Move Tutor. I just hope you URPG Mods will agree.

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 03-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

I like the idea. Let's say, for example, Blaziken wants to learn Body Slam.
He cannot learn it as a TM. But he can learn it as a Move Tutor.
So you buy TM08 at the Pokemart and teach it as a MT.
However, I don't like the idea that every pokemon will be able to learn substitute. It's something that characterizes pokémon from the RBY series.
Maybe if we restricted MT somehow, either in the price of the TM or in the number of MT per Pokémon...
We still need Jack's aproval, and he's going to be away for a while.
Marth.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 03-16-2005, 11:14 AM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix004
I completely agree. For example: I have an Umbreon as many of you know. Obviously Umbreon on the Gameboy games can't receive the Substitute TM because you can only get it on RBY. However, Eevee and it's three stone evolutions can learn the Substitute TM because you can get them on RBY. Therefore, if you could have an Umbreon on RBY, it would definitely be able to learn Substitute. However, in the URPG you can buy any TM to use on any Pokemon which can learn that TM, but URPG Pkemon aren't bound by game boundaries, so why can't Umbreon learn it?

This is just one of the many examples supporting the idea of a FR/LG Move Tutor. I just hope you URPG Mods will agree.
I told you over IM that you had to teach Substitute to the Eevee while it was still an Eevee. I had to do that with my Porygon2. Except I had to do that with like 5 moves. It took like 5 weeks before I felt comfotable with evolving.

I agree with Jack on this issue. If you had MT's Pokemon would no way too many moves and it would be really complicated, so confusing.

This suit is black not.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix004 Send a message via MSN to Phoenix004

No offence JT, but some of the things you just said don't make much sense. For a start, too many moves? I beg to differ. Pokemon on the URPG can already learn any natural move or TM and now even Breeding moves. Yet nobody has ever suggested limiting the number of moves allowed. As long as we limit Move Tutor moves like Marth suggested, I can't see any problem with it.

Also, it is not stated in the rules that I couldn't teach Umbreon Substitute TM, and you told me that after I had evolved Eevee.

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."