Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Kavrae Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Kavrae
Default Opening Duo

This is my starting two for my main team. I wa,nt to keep the basic ideas here, but any move, EV, or attack changes are welcome. Or if you can find any pokemon that make this idea work better, please mention them.

Ninjask @Apicot Berry
4HP 252 Speed 252 Attack
Jolly
Baton Pass
Endure
Silver Wind
Swords Dance

Togetic @Leftovers
4Hp 252 Defense 252 S.Defense
Timid
Follow Me
Protect
Softboiled
Reflect

The main strategies here are, of course, to power up Ninjask as much as possible before passing to either a Metagross or Lugia. Togetic is meant to last as long as possible to keep Ninjask, and then the BPed pokemon alive and well. Pretty simple but it seems to work most of the time. (I'm sorry if an explanation isn't needed, but I figured I'd better give one just to be sure....) BTW, I have Sunny Day because I also use a Ho-Oh and like using it to disrupt weather based teams. I'll gladly change it though.

Last edited by Kavrae; 04-21-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Opening Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
This is my starting two for my main team. I wa,nt to keep the basic ideas here, but any move, EV, or attack changes are welcome. Or if you can find any pokemon that make this idea work better, please mention them.

Ninjask @Apicot Berry
4HP 252 Speed 252 Attack
Jolly
Baton Pass
Endure
Silver Wind
Sunny Day

Togetic @Leftovers
4Hp 252 Defense 252 S.Defense
Timid
Follow Me
Protect
Softboiled
Reflect

The main strategies here are, of course, to power up Ninjask as much as possible before passing to either a Metagross or Lugia. Togetic is meant to last as long as possible to keep Ninjask, and then the BPed pokemon alive and well. Pretty simple but it seems to work most of the time. (I'm sorry if an explanation isn't needed, but I figured I'd better give one just to be sure....) BTW, I have Sunny Day because I also use a Ho-Oh and like using it to disrupt weather based teams. I'll gladly change it though.

Explenations are nice. I think you should give Ninjask a Leichi Berry. It does not need that much speed either. put some EVs in HP, or Def, or SDef.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 04-18-2007, 12:37 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Though it is not completely needed, Protect, Sub or SD could be used instead of Silver Wind as 1. Protect is an all round nice move if you know the move could be something like Toxic or Confuse Ray because Endure doesn't help you there 2. Sub while using Follow Me, meaning that they have to double up on you (good chance for Softboiled/ reflect) 3. SD is just SD, good BPing (you can also replace these moves for Sunny Day if you want).
Old 04-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Kavrae Offline
Amateur Trainer

Actually, I have considered trading in some of Ninjask's speed for HP. Unfortunately, I don't know how much to sacrefice. I've heard from some people that a certain amount of speed EVs will allow be to outspeed any pokemon but the speed based Deoxys. How much would this be exactly?

Also, I've already traded Sunny Day for Swords Dance. As for taking out Silver Wind...that's a deffinite no. It has a chance, though a small one, of being a tremendous BP boost. Also, it does well for 1-hit KOing most starting psychic types, or at least putting a good dent in the legendary ones.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:11 PM
massi4h Offline
Master Trainer

Ninjask should have Protect, Sub, SD, BP @ Liechi
You could try and fit in a SW or Sub can be removed with endure.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:18 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Endure is awesome in Double Battles! Protects with from both shots while giving you the boost. Watch the Party of the Decade battles on Youtube, all the Groudons have Endure with a Salac Berry.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Kavrae Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsb39 View Post
Endure is awesome in Double Battles! Protects with from both shots while giving you the boost. Watch the Party of the Decade battles on Youtube, all the Groudons have Endure with a Salac Berry.
I've updated the team, trading Sunny Day for Swords Dance (what was I thinking?). Anyways, I'd rather have Endure and Silver Wind over Protect and Substitute. The reason being thus: I think a good berry based stat boost is more important than protection against a possible status effect (because those RARELY happen to my Ninjask....strange, but I'll go with it). I take Silver Wind over Substitute because Silver Wind is my best offence against psychics, and works very well for that purpose. (actually, I believe I've said this already...)
Old 04-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
Actually, I have considered trading in some of Ninjask's speed for HP. Unfortunately, I don't know how much to sacrefice. I've heard from some people that a certain amount of speed EVs will allow be to outspeed any pokemon but the speed based Deoxys. How much would this be exactly?

Also, I've already traded Sunny Day for Swords Dance. As for taking out Silver Wind...that's a deffinite no. It has a chance, though a small one, of being a tremendous BP boost. Also, it does well for 1-hit KOing most starting psychic types, or at least putting a good dent in the legendary ones.
Well, to outspeed Timid Max Speed Electrode, you need 417 Speed. That is 244 EVs with a neutral Nature. With Jolly, you will need 80 EVs. Thats with no Speed Boosts, btw, on both sides.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 04-22-2007, 10:17 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

That's why a lot of Ninjasks have Protect, to not have to waste EVs.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:46 AM
pixlepix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

for ninjaksa put evs in health and divede the rest in defebse and specal defence if the is any evs left put them in speed
Heroscape
Heroscape rules
What to buy in heroscape
Old 04-22-2007, 11:17 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yes, but without Protect, you need at least 80 Spd EVs to outspeed Electrode.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Kavrae Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Yes, but without Protect, you need at least 80 Spd EVs to outspeed Electrode.
I think I'll just start with the 80 Speed EVs, put 255 into ATK (which people are still not paying attention to....) and then the rest into HP. Though I do appreciate all the advice, I just think that it's fairly good as an attacker with Silver Wind (though only when I'm certain I won't get hit by something)
Old 04-25-2007, 12:46 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

The 80 Spd, EVs is only for +Spd Nature with 31 IV, without Protect, I suggest you Max Spd just to be safe.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Kavrae Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
The 80 Spd, EVs is only for +Spd Nature with 31 IV, without Protect, I suggest you Max Spd just to be safe.
Yes, but I do have a +Spd Nature, 31 IVs, and I don't have protect.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:42 AM
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

So this is Netbattle, otherwise you are really lucky or have too much time on your hands.