Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Jane Offline

Default Ash's Pikachu.

I was wondering, is Ash's Pikachu male or female?

I always assumed it was male. Maybe I missed an episode which clarified this. I tried searching for any similar topics but I couldn't find any.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Pikablu Pie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Ash's Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

I always assumed it was male. Maybe I missed an episode which clarified this. I tried searching for any similar topics but I couldn't find any.
Now that female Pikachu's have a chip missing in their tail, Ash's Pikachu is a confirmed male. Also, in an orange leauge episode, Ash calls Pikachu a him, though that probobley doesn't matter. ;P

Click here to take a stupid test.
Quote:
Help Reduce Forest Fires. Stop Flaming Now!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:10 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Now that female Pikachu's have a chip missing in their tail, Ash's Pikachu is a confirmed male.
Although I do believe Ash's Pikachu to be male, I'm not really sure if that confirms it, because I'm sure that some of the Pikachu in "Pikachu's Goodbye" were female, and none of them had any noticable difference. Of course this is because the differences didn't even exist back then, and that's why I don't think you can use them to confirm. The anime never allowed for any of them before, and they can't exactly chop a part off Pikachu's tail going into D/P if they actually did intend for it to be female in the first place. =/ Like levels and things, the anime may ignore these differences altogether, but I haven't seen any D/P episodes, so I'm not sure if they do or not.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:23 AM
overdrivepink Offline
Master Trainer

pikachu is a guy because buneary is a girl and has a crush on pikachu( enless they are gay)

Old 04-17-2007, 04:01 AM
legendarychamp22 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrivepink View Post
pikachu is a guy because buneary is a girl and has a crush on pikachu( enless they are gay)
They are 100% gay, no just kidding.

For this question, I would say pikachu is a male, but the only part I doubt is an episode from the first season called "Pokemon Fashion Flash" where Misty imagines pikachu in female clothes.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:08 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

I'm fairly certain from what I have read on Serebii about Pikachu and that 'Buneary' Pokemon, Dawn's rabbit type Pokemon is a female that obviously has a crush on the male Pikachu. I think generally for some reason, Ash has male Pokemon and the girls in Misty, May, and Dawn always have female gender Pokemon, though I don't know why.

Hard to picture that Torchic was a female, yet I can see it on the Piplup that it's a female.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 PM
x-Mizu-Tama-x Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to x-Mizu-Tama-x Send a message via Yahoo to x-Mizu-Tama-x

Ash has female pokemon. Don't you remember that Chikorita he had in Johto? I was sure that it was female.

Hatch: 1592
Done: 1878
Old 04-19-2007, 04:42 AM
legendarychamp22 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew Aqua View Post
Ash has female pokemon. Don't you remember that Chikorita he had in Johto? I was sure that it was female.
Yeah, but it doesn't make sense that most of Ash's pokemon are male, and other female trainers mostly have female pokemon.

Alakazam
Hatched@462
Evolved@ 567
Level 100@ 747

My VPP-http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...&postcount=333
Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew Aqua View Post
Even Aipom wwas a girl. Anyway I reckon Pikachu is male cause it has never acted really girly in my opinon...could be a tomboy though.

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Silfa Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Silfa

I always assumed that it was a male. I never really thought about it. o__o;
Old 04-20-2007, 05:15 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Great, now I wonder if May's Beautifly and Skitty were male.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:03 AM
Lone_Houndoom Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeboy sarab View Post
Even Aipom wwas a girl. Anyway I reckon Pikachu is male cause it has never acted really girly in my opinon...could be a tomboy though.
Actually, I believe Aipom was male. And as for Ash's Pikachu, it's been called a he and a she in the episodes. I think the producers just didn't want to take the time to establish a male or female personality, so they alternated between boy and girl. Or maybe they just wanted a bisexual Pokčmon. Little kids, do NOT ask your parents what bisexual means.Although I doubt there are any little kids here...
Old 04-21-2007, 09:10 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Heh heh, I'm sure a lot of kids were asking if May was 10, why did she look like she was drawn to be a 13 year old? I'm very sure that Ash's Pokemon are male and Dawn's Pokemon are female. The Piplup was obvious very female...and bratty.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:59 AM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

Ash's Pikachu is 100% Male. From the looks of it, Buneary doesn't look the like kind to be a shy male if Pikachu was a female, and Pikachu's behavior resembles to that of a male animal, mostly aggressive if in unknown circumstances.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:49 PM
xxxSakura Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to xxxSakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

Logically, the percentage of it being a male is 99%. HE is a male :)