Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Battles

Battles Pokemon battle results will be placed here, along with the money/prizes given.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default Re: Legend Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
The champion does not get it permanently, he gets it until somebody else beats him. Marth got a Gengar for becoming champion and managed to convince Jack to give him Deoxys permanently.

Absolutely ridiculous, I know.
Well I think if someone has a legend permanently that there should be two! ['Cause sometimes in the anime there have been two of the same legend. xP]

Someone might need to complete their Pokedex! [Thought I doubt anyone would get that far since most people that keep a Pokedex couldn't get LD that many times...]

I don't think Marth should get Deoxys permanently, but I bet a lot of other people also don't. It's probably been debated in the past, though, when Jack was the leader. Maybe Hkim will be different on the subject.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Quote:
The champion does not get it permanently, he gets it until somebody else beats him. Marth got a Gengar for becoming champion and managed to convince Jack to give him Deoxys permanently.

Absolutely ridiculous, I know.
It does seem a bit unfair yes. Will he lose his Gengar if someone beats him in a champion match? I was just wondering cause he has it all TM'ed...

<3
Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
It does seem a bit unfair yes. Will he lose his Gengar if someone beats him in a champion match? I was just wondering cause he has it all TM'ed...
When I became champion, instead of having two legendaries at the same time, since Deoxys was already mine, I asked for a permanent Gengar.

Note though that I only use Deoxys rarely, for FFA's mostly.

However, Mike, if you read this, wouldn't it be interesting to have a Championship fight with Legendaries allowed? It would spice things a little bit.

I'll mention something else, though, for cultural and historical data: when Figgy was a champion, he would use Lugia in every fight. That's why he didn't lose, there was not much you could do against a Lugia without another legendary Pokémon back then when we didn't have a calculator to effectively calculate damage. One Aeroblast and you'd die XD
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 04-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
However, Mike, if you read this, wouldn't it be interesting to have a Championship fight with Legendaries allowed? It would spice things a little bit.
The challenger can use legends actually. Just like with Gym Battles. I confirmed this with Jack when he was still leader. You can't.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Marth Offline

Quote:
The challenger can use legends actually. Just like with Gym Battles. I confirmed this with Jack when he was still leader. You can't.
Nonsense, there are no rules specified for championship fights written anywhere, nor such a rule was announced after Figgy left the championship position, in which he used Lugia regularly.
This is something that wasn't brought to attention before until now; I hope a proper ruleset can be discussed by the moderators and posted soon.

Last edited by Marth; 04-13-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Nonsense, there are no rules specified for championship fights written anywhere, nor such a rule was announced after Figgy left the championship position, in which he used Lugia regularly.
This is something that wasn't brought to attention before until now; I hope a proper ruleset can be discussed by the moderators and posted soon.
Uh it's not nonsense. As you can see, this is what the URPG Leader at that time, said.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Marth Offline

Quote:
Uh it's not nonsense. As you can see, this is what the URPG Leader at that time, said.
Do bring proof of this conversation then, for how true can something be when it is told to one, and not to all?

If that were to be the case, then, perhaps I have the right to set rules as I wish? Or is it something that you have also kept to yourself only?

My point here is that there is a lack or organized, consulted rules regarding championship fights. New, current rules should be discussed to adjust to the present era of the URPG. But if you insist to fight with an unfair advantage over me, by all means, keep doing so.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:47 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post
1. The LD chooses any Legendary Pokemon (one not already taken). This legend can't be used in any LD title battles. If the LD loses, the challenger becomes the new LD, and chooses a Legendary Pokemon.
Proof that using the Legend in the LD title fight is illegal. Although it strikes me that that's dumb, after all shouldn't the point be to prove that you're more worthy to use a Legend than the current LD? As in, you can beat him with the Legend without having one yourself?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:51 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
Proof that using the Legend in the LD title fight is illegal. Although it strikes me that that's dumb, after all shouldn't the point be to prove that you're more worthy to use a Legend than the current LD? As in, you can beat him with the Legend without having one yourself?
Pretty sure they are talking about Championship battles, not LD.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
They're talking about the Championship battle.

That rule is for LD battles...unless of course, it's supposed to be "LD legends can't be used in any LD/title battles". And isn't Marth's Deoxys non-LD? So Marth would be able to use his legend during the battle, and Mike wouldnt...right?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:58 AM
We Taste Pies... Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to We Taste Pies... Send a message via MSN to We Taste Pies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Pretty sure they are talking about Championship battles, not LD.
Lol, you would be absoloutely correct.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:24 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Fairy Sugar View Post

They're talking about the Championship battle.

That rule is for LD battles...unless of course, it's supposed to be "LD legends can't be used in any LD/title battles". And isn't Marth's Deoxys non-LD? So Marth would be able to use his legend during the battle, and Mike wouldnt...right?
Marth's Deoxys was from LD.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:52 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Marth's Deoxys was from LD.
If he wasn't LD when he was the champion (and had to choose the legendary), he might have chosen Deoxys anyway- for all the difference it would make.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:04 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Fairy Sugar View Post
If he wasn't LD when he was the champion (and had to choose the legendary), he might have chosen Deoxys anyway- for all the difference it would make.
Yes but he didn't.

Honestly, I don't see why it matters if Marth has a legendary or not, it's not like you can really use it for anything other than FFAs (which it would then get piled in) - and I don't think Marth is cheap enough to use it in a regular battle. And if you need it in your dex ask for a trade and trade back to evolve a Pokemon or something.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Giving up LD because I am really not up to defending it and there's people who want to fight for it. I'll randomly roll a new LD out of the first 10 people who post here saying they want to be the new LD.