Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:32 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth
Default Efilwen

Disclaimer: All of what you’re about to read is copyrighted to me. Everything is made up by me and I would appreciate it if you use NOTHING from this without permission from me.

Started: 7/12/06

Efilwen

Ehfneekrwikehm

Efilwen, or Ehfneekrwikehm is a world that I created back on 06. This world consists of 392 creatures both made up by me and already in existence. Just like with Earth, Efilwen has one species that is smarter then all the rest. This species are called the Humigra. Their intelligence level is only as much as high as ours was back in the old times when technology didn’t exist.

The Humigra know how to make clothing, weapons, they know how to hunt and talk, and they know how to make shelters. They aren’t undefeatable and their kind can be easily killed by the many carnivorous creatures on this planet.

The language they speak is called Forkre, or as they say, Fnohrknreh. I have two versions of this languages script made, but I'm still deciding which one I like better. I may draw out both scripts in paint and put them up here to show you and then have you decide which you like better.

Anyways, this is how you pronounce the letters in their language:
  • A - ah
    B - bnn
    C – srr
    D - duh
    E - eh
    F - fnn
    G - gih
    H - hnn
    I - ee
    J - juh
    K - knn
    L - krr
    M - nnn
    N - mmm
    O - oh
    P - pih
    Q - koo
    R - rrr
    S - sss
    T - tuh
    U - ooo
    V - vnn
    W - wik
    X - yin
    Y - ee
    Z - znn

Here is how you pronounce numbers in their language: (I also have the script for this made and finalised as well)
  • 0 - zer
    1 - oon
    2 - tin
    3 - ther
    4 - fow
    5 - fihv
    6 - sih
    7 - sehv
    8 - ain
    9 – nin

The amount of creatures range from being in relation to dragons, to phoenix’s, to chimera’s, to sea serpants, to Griffons, and even creatures purely made up by me. I have so far been working on this for almost an entire year in addition with my three year Pokemon region project. It's been hard creating all of the species here and so far I have only completed about 57 of them.

I am hoping that this project continue for many years until it is completely finished. Once it is finished I may write a story about this world, and put up pictures of all its creatures.

I am making this thread in hopes of you guys telling me what you think of this so far, and maybe giving me some ideas for creatures that you may have. I won't use every idea given to me and I may even change some ideas a bit so I'm not completely copying what you said.

So yeah, reply away with what I've got so far.

=^^= Nya
Old 04-10-2007, 01:33 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Default Re: Efilwen

**Saved For The Listing Of All The Species on Efilwen**

Last edited by RocketMeowth; 04-10-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:34 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

**Saved for the Pictures of the Two Versions of the Script**

OLD Script

Last edited by RocketMeowth; 04-10-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:36 PM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LordZangoose Send a message via MSN to LordZangoose

As of right now, this looks like a good idea RM. Now, when you say the people are advanced to a certain degree, would that be on the level of the Greeks or similar civilizations, or as far as early gun-using civilizations? Other than that, this looks very good. It must have been a challenge making up your own language.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:43 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

The Humigra have not advanced far enough to make weapons other then spears and bows and arrows. They are smart, but not nearly as smart as us.

It was very difficult making up my own language. The script was hard in a sense that it had to look a bit alien when compared with ours. Figuring out how to pronounce them was definatly a challange. My friend helped me out with that part.

But the numbers are 100% mine. I made up how to pronounce them and how to write them. And actually, he numbers were much harder then the letters when it came to their script because, no matter how much I tried, a lot of the scripts looked too close the the english way of writting them. But finally, I made their script earlier today in math class (figures XD).
Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 PM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

Thank you for that. lol, I do alot of thinking in math class. I always have a book with me in mine, and almost every day, I'll read it during class, so the teacher will take it away and make me wait until the end of class to get it.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:51 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZangoose View Post
Thank you for that. lol, I do alot of thinking in math class. I always have a book with me in mine, and almost every day, I'll read it during class, so the teacher will take it away and make me wait until the end of class to get it.
lol
I'm one of the top students in my mth class andI sit in the first row. My teacher doesn't mind if I work on something else so long as I pay attention to what's going on in front of me.

Anyways, I am probably going to type up a lsit of all the names of the creatures I have created so I can put it up here. I'll also put next to their name if they're in relation to dragons, to phoenix’s, to chimera’s, to sea serpants, to Griffons, or purely made up by me.

=^^= Nya
Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 PM
LordZangoose Offline
Banned

If you need any help with that, I'm fairly good at creating new creatures or beings.

My math teacher does not let you touch any of your non-math materials until the bell rings (and I have him for the last period of the day, since that is our excelled math class) and if he catches you doing that, you instantly lose 5 points, and it continues dropping a point every two seconds until you stop. To get back at him, I often make sarcastic comments about everything he says, or various other forms of annoyance.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:22 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Heh. I would love to hear some of your ideas that you've got. Like I said in my first post, I am excepting ideas from members.

Just know that if I use some of your ideas that I may change a few things around so I'm not copying you 100%.

=^^= Nya
Old 04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

This is definitely one heck of an idea. Out of all the stories I've ever written, coming up with a new language wasn't ever an idea. Its nice to see you meeting this challenge head on, and I know its not easy.

I agree with the fact it would be interesting to see new characters developed for each letter, kind of like the Japanese, Russian, and Arabic languages. That's up to you though, but it would be very unique.

Its amazing what you can do, RM.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

As you can see, I put up a porly made chart of the old script to my language. XD

It was hard making that on paint and it didn't turn out as good as I hoped. At least it isn't far off from the script when I write it down on paper.

I'll get the new version of the script and the script for the numbers up a bit later.

=^^= Nya