Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Dragonknight_Demikid Offline
New Trainer

Default Ninetails

Another trial for a pokemon to start off my team in a battle.

Ninetails @ Need help on the item as well Adherence glasses? Ad Scarf? Life Orb? Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest (+SAtk/-Atk) [b] Maybe Timid (+Speed/-Atk) or Calm (+Sdef/-Atk) - Need Help)
EVs: 252 SAtk/ 252 Speed/ 6 SDef
~ Energy Ball
~ Hypnosis
~ Flamethrower Heatwave? Look below
~ Dark Pulse

Would that work, decently?

(also, about breeding. If i breed a ninetales, for Energy ball, and the new offspring has energy ball. If I breed the offspring again with another pokemon that gives heatwave. Would the offspring have both Energyball + Heatwave?)
Old 04-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi
Default Re: Ninetails

Nasty plot/Fire blast/Hypnosis/Energy ball is probably what i'd use with maybe Will-o-wisp over Hypnosis

i wouldn't use Adherence glasses on Nintetails when you're running status moves. If you maybe go with HP ice somewhere, then i'd consider it again

As for your breeding question, yes, it would have both
Old 04-04-2007, 03:15 AM
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
Nasty plot/Fire blast/Hypnosis/Energy ball is probably what i'd use with maybe Will-o-wisp over Hypnosis

i wouldn't use Adherence glasses on Nintetails when you're running status moves. If you maybe go with HP ice somewhere, then i'd consider it again

As for your breeding question, yes, it would have both
Wouldn't you say "Dark Pulse" is an important move, as it counters Gengar and Azelf. And fireblast would be better? ok.
What is the full effect of W-o-W?

Ty for item.
HP-Ice - why?
Ty for breeding
Old 04-04-2007, 03:21 AM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonknight_Demikid View Post
Wouldn't you say "Dark Pulse" is an important move, as it counters Gengar and Azelf.
Stab Fire blast = 180 power
SE Dark pulse = 160 power

Sure, Fire blast's accuracy is its mayor downside, but in 85% of the cases, it'll be better

Quote:
What is the full effect of W-o-W?
Burns the foe. Plain and simple

Quote:
HP-Ice - why?
Dragons in general. Although Will-o-wisp may be enough for them already
Old 04-04-2007, 03:28 AM
New Trainer

Quote:
Sure, Fire blast's accuracy is its mayor downside, but in 85% of the cases, it'll be better
Understood, however, being the starting pokemon, do you really think its worth it to use Nasty plot, wouldn't it be hard to set up.

Quote:
Burns the foe. Plain and simple
Dragons in general. Although Will-o-wisp may be enough for them already
[/quote]
Yea why. What does W-o-W do that like hurts dragons (beside the burn), or rather why does it.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:32 AM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonknight_Demikid View Post
Understood, however, being the starting pokemon, do you really think its worth it to use Nasty plot, wouldn't it be hard to set up.
well, it depends. You can get a few switches with Ninetails since its Sdef is decent, but the fire typing and stealth rock weakness would mean that it'll have a hard time setting up in general. But if you manage to sleep something, then you'll have greater chances so it depends on how you play it

Quote:
Yea why. What does W-o-W do that like hurts dragons (beside the burn), or rather why does it
Because burn halves the foe's attack, and Dragons tend to go with physical sets in general. If you burn a Garchomp, then it's going to do very little damage compared to a one under no burn condition
Old 04-04-2007, 03:36 AM
New Trainer

Quote:
well, it depends. You can get a few switches with Ninetails since its Sdef is decent, but the fire typing and stealth rock weakness would mean that it'll have a hard time setting up in general. But if you manage to sleep something, then you'll have greater chances so it depends on how you play it
True, but with a 70 Sleep chance with Hypnosis, worth taking the chance with Nasty Plot?
Wouldn't it be better to put W-o-W then?

[/quote]
Because burn halves the foe's attack, and Dragons tend to go with physical sets in general. If you burn a Garchomp, then it's going to do very little damage compared to a one under no burn condition[/QUOTE]

Yea thats what I was getting at, lol i never knew burn cuts attack, ty.

And is there any item that increases teh accuracy of a pokemon? (I could use Bright powder as well, to give a decent edge.)