Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-22-2004, 07:02 AM
Ace Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ace Send a message via MSN to Ace
Default Re: Poké-ology

I say: Nay!!!

Wait, wrong statement...

Anyway, I think we could blame Alakazam for the rare candies. They use their brains to make pokemon training much easier...luckily their factories are deep underground and many of the candy convoys suffer "cave ins" If they didn't, many Lvl. 100s would be walking around...

Old 08-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Weak Lv 100's that a Lv5 MAgikarp can defeat with ease! j/k.

Why would they create a move Splash? Has anybody every kept that move on their mon? I have!

Gyrados, use Splash!

Mewtwo: Huh? :faints:

Me: pwn's

Naw... I'm joking...How do you suppose Substitute is executed in real life?
Old 08-22-2004, 07:07 AM
Ace Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Weak Lv 100's that a Lv5 MAgikarp can defeat with ease! j/k.

Why would they create a move Splash? Has anybody every kept that move on their mon? I have!

Gyrados, use Splash!

Mewtwo: Huh? :faints:

Me: pwn's

Naw... I'm joking...How do you suppose Substitute is executed in real life?
It's like whirlwind/roar in reverse. First the pokemon executing the move will retreat like a little chicken then the trainer will have to force another pokemon out - or something - I dunno I never really used subsitute so I have no clue what it is

Old 08-22-2004, 07:12 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

XD... in game, it creates a decoy to take damage, after taking damage from itself of course.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:13 AM
Ace Offline

Quote:
XD... in game, it creates a decoy to take damage, after taking damage from itself of course.
Hmm, then there must be a conspiracy.

*Imagines trainer ordering a pokemon to do subsitute, then sending out a ditto to take damage*

Old 08-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
Hmm, then there must be a conspiracy.

*Imagines trainer ordering a pokemon to do subsitute, then sending out a ditto to take damage*

Okay... that aint exactly how it works, but okay

I imagine the mon concentrating real hard, creating a holographic version of itself that the foe attacks instead of it maybe... I don't know XD.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

How about something new?

How did some pokemon get thier natural powers such as Fire pokemon using fire attacks, but normal pokemon are just normal?

^^ Sorry. It's hard to debate about pokemon.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Kento Kasha Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Kento Kasha Send a message via MSN to Kento Kasha

On Pokeballs:

It's common knowledge that a Pokeball contains a small environment specifically developed for the Pokemon's type, correct? The small metal plates that you see inside are part of the capturing mechanism, and maybe they are mirrors, but I think that they might be parts of a set of microcomputers. The microcomputers would create the environment instantly, would they not? This envrionment theory means that the Pokemon would remain affected by status effects, and remain tired, but it would also have a chance to eat, sleep, and the like. As a trainer keeps going without having the Pokemon healed, the status effects continue.

On PCs and the transportation of Pokeballs and the storage of material items:

I read once, in an old issue of Nintendo Power, that there was a group of Japanese scientists attempting to make a warp point and a recieving point. I don't remember the particulars, but it was something about using tubes like in Super Mario, and making the item almost instantly appear in the location of the other using some kind of vaccum and something about warping space and time. Anyway, it's possible that this could be used. I would elaborate more, but I've got to jet.

-KK

Kento's Sceptile, RazorBlade!
Mastered @ 313 Posts
Kento's PokePet

Spiker, the Level 54 Dorapion!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:52 PM
liquid crystal Offline
Elite Trainer

*is happy so many people like my thread*

First, I'd like to say that most of the facts given in the anime/poket trainer's guide/etc. (i.e. Alakazam's IQ is 3000 or whatever) are rediculous exagerations that were writen just to get kids (I mean little kids) into that certain pokémon. Okay, on previous subjects:

On pokéballs:
As I've said, you can probably forget most of that stuff in the anime; it's far to fanciful. They could work...hm...okay, the pokémon is "beamed up" into the pokéball. The laser you see might scan the pokémon, and when I mean scan, I mean scan every single atom/sub-particle/whatever, transfering it into the pokéball in a much smaller size. If this was true a.) the entire process would take hours, if not days, thus b.) befriending the pokémon and letting walk with you would be a better idea. Also, the "struggling" would not be inside the pokéball, but durring the scanning process. The shrunken poké, inside the ball, would also have the same mass as its full-size pokés, but increadibly dense. Maybe, instead of having to lug around a ball that weighs a ton (sometimes litterally) a gravity-transfluxer (lol, just made that word up ) thingy would manipulate the gravity inside the pokéball, thus lighting you load dramatically. The gravity-thingy would also bend time, so pokémon wouldn't mind living inside for years or longer, as it might feel like just a few minutes (or less)—but it might make time longer....uh, it's just too complicated to comprehend!!!! (I could ramble on some more, but I'll spare you the misery.)

On PC's:

I doubt that the PC's actually teleports the pokéball, but instead litterally stores pokéballs in a huge underground vault. You activate your acount with like one of those triangular key-thingys in the Da Vinci Code and a password (most likely one with like twenty characters) so no one will steel anyone else's pokémon. You'd insert your pokéball in one of those airtubes things (like those where you put a check in that cyllinder at the bank) to sore them. The ball would land somewhere inside the underground vault, a robotic arm would pick it up, and carry it to the next empty spot in your "box" storage thing. Of course, you pay a big sum every month. Of course, just like pokéballs, these wouldn't be manditory, just a convenience.

eh, I think that's enough for now.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:34 AM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane

Hm...Well, on the subject of an Alakazam's intelligence affecting loyalty...

Frankly, I wouldn't see that as a very big factor, if that Alakazam was captured while it was an Abra and has had time to bond with its trainer. However, once it evolves into a Kadabra and eventually into a Alakazam, by means of training, I suppose that could bring up some questions on loyalty. Unless of course the Alakazam was traded back to its original owner; then I suppose that problem wouldn't exist, so long as the trainer was good to it ^^;

And actually, this brings up another good question...Exactly what does trigger a trade evolution?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

I'm not exactly sure what triggers a trade evo,. and I don't think they evolve from trading in the real world... I think it is a loyalty thing... like such that makes them evolve... I don't know... XD/.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:24 AM
Ace Offline

Well, if a trade did indeed use a warp of particles or through space and time, it should atleast gain something from it's 'path'. (Some kind of unknown kind of EXP)

Old 08-24-2004, 01:35 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Heh... during a trade, I expect them just to switch pokeballs... lol. Not that difficult that it requires a transfer of particles O.o
Old 08-24-2004, 01:37 AM
Ace Offline

Quote:
Heh... during a trade, I expect them just to switch pokeballs... lol. Not that difficult that it requires a transfer of particles O.o
Maybe the Particles get to a merge point and some particles combine or are subtracted/added from a pokemon.

Old 08-24-2004, 01:40 AM
Hamtareon Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hamtareon Send a message via MSN to Hamtareon Send a message via Yahoo to Hamtareon

I think it's sort of like making water. You take your oxygen and your hydrogen and put them together to get - a mixture of oxygen and hydrogen. However, when you add the right kind of spark to it, the bond forms and the two gases for the water we all know and drink.

In other words, I think the transferring of pokemon in the trade process provides the correct "spark" needed.

As for the substitute move, I think the pokemon using it asks the other one to turn around, then it runs to a store and buys a pwushie (taking some damage for not having the proper cash on hand), then shows up on the battle with it. It then places it on the field, hides behind the trainer (even ones like Wailord), and says the other one can turn back around and continue fighting.