Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:02 AM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Necrobat
Default Re: Poké-ology

I guess there'd be a safety net or generator. The safety net being like a mid-point, where it can safely be stored in case? Or does it travel that fast? But the main point we havn't covered yet is, how? How do the Pokemon really travel through the computer. How is it possible to turn a solid object into computer code, then back again?
Old 08-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Ace Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ace Send a message via MSN to Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrobat
I guess there'd be a safety net or generator. The safety net being like a mid-point, where it can safely be stored in case? Or does it travel that fast? But the main point we havn't covered yet is, how? How do the Pokemon really travel through the computer. How is it possible to turn a solid object into computer code, then back again?
I didn't necissarilly say computer code, just tiny little particles, which is pretty much open for interpretation...or something...

Anyway, attacks are carried out normally, but in the game, it is done, Turn - by - turn, who goes first according to the creature's speed, the highest speed goes first, it's like a coin toss but more definate. Anyway, there is always a high precent of the attack actually hitting the enemy, although it is possible for evasion and missing. Besides that I really have nothing to say

Old 08-22-2004, 06:17 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

I'm here! -=Starts stoning Duke=-

Anyway, here is my two-cents:

The laser beam somehow transforms the Pokemon into a stream of data and is stored in the pokeball? Then a signiture is assigned to that Pball so it can only be used with that mon. That is how I think they are stored...

As for the PC's... these 'streams of data' are then transfered out of the Pokeball and into the PC where it saves the data for another day.

As for healing... maybe the thing that Joy puts them on repairs the 'broken' data, healing your mon... conditions act as bugs and viruses I guess...

Again, remmeber, their technology is much more avanced then ours so anything is possible really!

For when Pokemon attakc, I think that, for example, fire Pokemon have two chambers of chemicals and when combined, they erupt into flames... so when they blow the two chemicals out of their mouth or what not... voila, instant Flamethrower... Water Pokemon might also have a chamber in their body that is constantly producing water and storing it... Meh... who knows?
Old 08-22-2004, 06:19 AM
Ace Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
I'm here! -=Starts stoning Duke=-

Anyway, here is my two-cents:

The laser beam somehow transforms the Pokemon into a stream of data and is stored in the pokeball? Then a signiture is assigned to that Pball so it can only be used with that mon. That is how I think they are stored...

As for the PC's... these 'streams of data' are then transfered out of the Pokeball and into the PC where it saves the data for another day.

As for healing... maybe the thing that Joy puts them on repairs the 'broken' data, healing your mon... conditions act as bugs and viruses I guess...

Again, remmeber, their technology is much more avanced then ours so anything is possible really!

For when Pokemon attakc, I think that, for example, fire Pokemon have two chambers of chemicals and when combined, they erupt into flames... so when they blow the two chemicals out of their mouth or what not... voila, instant Flamethrower... Water Pokemon might also have a chamber in their body that is constantly producing water and storing it... Meh... who knows?
Hmm, very strange and yet a very unique post. Except for one wierd thing, your post oddly reminds me about the Matrix...

Plaguriser!

Old 08-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

-_-... It makes sense though... notice how everything is able to work because of my theory ^^:. Those streams of Data are such a complex code that they are not able to be hacked by hackers so don't think about that... And yes... I was thinking about Matrix while typing that post...
Old 08-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Ace Offline

Quote:
-_-... It makes sense though... notice how everything is able to work because of my theory ^^:. Those streams of Data are such a complex code that they are not able to be hacked by hackers so don't think about that... And yes... I was thinking about Matrix while typing that post...
Hackers are better than you think. Look at the hackers in the Matrix, if they can do that kind of stuff then they sure can hack a pokemon out of it's path.

Although I do have a thought of anti-hackers...yet...now we're making Pokemon look like a Matrix/Megaman NT Warrior crossover.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Yeah... but it does make some sense XD. More than some of our other crazy theories. Who know... we might be living in our own matrix... but that is a whole other thread for a whole other day... lol.

-=Starts to get all philosophical and stuff =-
Old 08-22-2004, 06:38 AM
Ace Offline

Quote:
Yeah... but it does make some sense XD. More than some of our other crazy theories. Who know... we might be living in our own matrix... but that is a whole other thread for a whole other day... lol.

-=Starts to get all philosophical and stuff =-
Wasn't there a Proboards topic with the title "Does the Matrix Really Exist"? I think that should be revived

Anyway, I think people in the Pokemon world play FF. I mean their whole game-battle structure is bases on Final Fantasy, so...hmmm

A Matrix- Megaman NT Warrior - Final Fantasy Crossover = weirdness...

Old 08-22-2004, 06:41 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Hmmm... that would be weird... I don't remember that thread XD...

Anyway, back to Topic.

How do Ditto and another mon breed? j/k... lol.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:47 AM
Ace Offline

Quote:
Hmmm... that would be weird... I don't remember that thread XD...

Anyway, back to Topic.

How do Ditto and another mon breed? j/k... lol.
Simple, the Ditto transforms to the same pokemon except oppisate gender then the sparks fly and...*a TV screen-like image appears when a channel is not available and there is only those colors and things showing*

Old 08-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

*This is the Emergency Broad casting System. We are Sorry to interupt your television veiwing for momentarily*

TV comes back

Old Man: While you were gone, I found an egg!

Heh. Next question:

What is Alakazam's IQ be IRL... It can't be 3,000... It would be too smart for a trainer to control it then it would take over the world because it would seem most 'logical'... look what happened with V.I.K.I in I, Robot.... lol.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:54 AM
Ace Offline

Quote:
*This is the Emergency Broad casting System. We are Sorry to interupt your television veiwing for momentarily*

TV comes back

Old Man: While you were gone, I found an egg!

Heh. Next question:

What is Alakazam's IQ be IRL... It can't be 3,000... It would be too smart for a trainer to control it then it would take over the world because it would seem most 'logical'... look what happened with V.I.K.I in I, Robot.... lol.
Alakazam's IQ is truely 3,000, but it knows if it even tried World Domination, we'll nuke 'em good! They want to use our low IQ to an advantage we use 'crazy bomb ethics' against them. Also, even with an IQ of 3,000, it can't even speak english so, there goes his IQ being worth something

But if we tried to make Alakazam extinct...

*60s protesting:

People sing: Who will save the Alakazam - you've got to save them, gotta save them all!

*People start doing the wave and hold up pictures of Alakazam*

Old 08-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Wow...

It'd have to be able to speak... somwthing with that high of an IQ has to be able to talk... It seems only to make sense... maybe not verbally, but mentally. And wouldn't it's head be alot bigger? XD... Imagine how much smarter we'd be if we used more than the 10% of our brain... I wonder how much of it Ala uses...
Old 08-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Ace Offline

Quote:
It'd have to be able to speak... somwthing with that high of an IQ has to be able to talk... It seems only to make sense... maybe not verbally, but mentally. And wouldn't it's head be alot bigger? XD...
Maybe they found out how to make their heads smaller by using an "illusion head" to make us think that Alakazam looks cooler.

Also Matt, you should like the 'song' I put in my last post.

Quote:
People sing: Who will save the Alakazam - you've got to save them, gotta save them all!

Old 08-22-2004, 07:00 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that song :thinks of Hurt and Heal Trivia Game:

Anymore Pokemon related life questions? How does a candy make a mon stronger? Candy is supposed to make you fat and dumb