Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 08-21-2004, 11:00 PM
liquid crystal Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Poké-ology

This is a serious thread/discussion/debate over the science of Pokémon and the Pokémon world. Things like how pokéballs work, pokémon anatomy, etc. should all be discussed here. I'm tired of people saying "That poké makes no sense/shouldn't be" or "that poké has no real-world equivalent", and this thread is to prove them wrong.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:20 AM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane
Default Re: Poké-ology

Hm...Well,I suppose a good subject would be poke-balls...

I mean, just how do they work? Apparently, in the game world, technology has progressed to the point of finding ways to convert living organisms into what seems to be some sort of energy.
At least, that's what it seems like in the anime...The games show it close to what almost looks like shrinking a captured pokemon.
And, I've always assumed that while inside the poke-balls, captured creatures are kept in a state of suspended animation (though that wouldn't explain why they can still feel the effects of poison and burns...)

I also ponder just how pokemon are healed inside their balls at pokemon centers. Heh, thinking now, I'm kinda surprised that it's never explained through the three current installments ^^;...
Old 08-22-2004, 03:29 AM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Satou

Well, here's are some Pokeball fact to ponder.

In the manga, we discover alot that in Pokeballs your Pokemon are simply small. Often we see the insides of a Pokeball and Pokemon glare and shock their trainers from in side, though that may also only be in the manga.

I read somewhere that Pokeballs are like boxes. They shrink the Pokeball and yank it inside. Once in side, a Pokemon tries to break free for the first time. It really is like a box.
Pokeballs would be a card board box. Great balls maybe a wooden one.
If the Pokemon is weak it doesn't have strength enough to break the box. Once captured, the Pokeball writes some code so it only holds the one Pokemon.

I wonder what it's like to be in a Pokeball o_o;

~Chikyuu no Mirai, Gouhoshi suru, nya!~
~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 08-22-2004, 03:37 AM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Necrobat

THat's a good point Satou. But the funny thing is that in the anime, you look at them when they open and you see little mirrors. I wonder if the secret of a Pokeball lies in figuring out the use of the mirrors?
Old 08-22-2004, 03:40 AM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I really don't know.
The other weird thing is how an apricot is the key to making our magical Pokeball.

~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 08-22-2004, 03:44 AM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Yet how do the Pokeballs shrink/turn the Pokemon to energy? There doesn't seem to be any fitted device to do such a thing.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:52 AM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I think for Pokeballs we must admit: A mystery.
I guess all I can say is this:
(prepare for a realistic-wanna-be speech)

Perhaps it's all in the in side of a Pokeball. When you press the button we know for fact that this triggers something to loosen and therefore opening the Pokeball. But let's say that when we trigger the Pokeball we were to trigger a laser beam of some sort?
It's easy to tell that the red light from Pokeballs are a beam. Perhaps it being red is supposed to be like lasers? Most little kids know lasers as those lil'red lights you annoy people with. The keychain clicker things.

So if this were a laser we stumble into another hint. In most sci-fi you see laser beams that shrink people or change them. This laser now, we can pretend, shrinks the Pokemon. If the laser were then to 'break up' the Pokemon we'd see something else. It's be like in Willy-Wonka's chocolate factory: The lil'brat was broken up and made small and then displayed 3D on a TV.
The Pokemon are capture in the Pokeball and then struggle to fight the process of capture.

What happens afterwards? Maybe they're simply small in the Pokeball. You press the button and ta-da, your Pokemon beomes that bright light and is slowly built in front of you.

This ends my pointless jabber >_>;

~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 08-22-2004, 03:56 AM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Well, that's probably most logical. As for the healing machines, maybe they use some sort of advanced magnetic therepy?
Old 08-22-2004, 03:59 AM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Probbly.

Or maybe it's just something that speeds up time?

If you think about, your Pokemon are healed when you rest at people's houses. Rest can heal anything, ya know.

Posioned Pokemon might be taken in a back room, too. But, in our game, that'd take too long so burns and posions are just healed.

~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 08-22-2004, 04:09 AM
Necrobat Offline
Master Trainer

Maybe the button on the front of the Pokeballs can be inverted to let a needle in when in the healing machine. Like, the magnetic therepy heals it's HP, and these needles cure burns etc quicker.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:21 AM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I guess o.0;

Next topic? * pulls out a list *
The PC. How does it work? o_o;

~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 08-22-2004, 04:59 AM
Ace Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ace Send a message via MSN to Ace

Wait, do you mean PCs as in Pokemon Centers or Computers?

If you do mean Pokemon Centers, I have a few remarks. A Pokemon Center to me is like a Pokemon Hospital, Clinic, and Doctor's office all in one single building. Pokemon Centers take care of every type of Status Defects. Obviously, a Pokemon Center's workers include one main nurse (Joy) and helper(s) of the nure (Chancey/ Blissy) In the game, all the nurse does is put a trainer's pokeballs on six machine compartments and automatically, the pokemon heals. In the anime, however, Pokemon are only 'scanned' by the machine and usually requires rest. In the game, time does not 'skip' while the pokemon heals. This may mean somethings:

- Time: When the anime took place is many years before the games.
or
- Trainers: Some trainers put their Pokemon 'beyond the limit' causing very painful injuries.

Thats all I have to say for now

Old 08-22-2004, 05:07 AM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I mean storing your Pokemon in the PC.

~Avy=Lemon-san~
Old 08-22-2004, 05:29 AM
Ace Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ace Send a message via MSN to Ace

Oh, well, I shouldn't have acted too quickly. *Matthew notices this from the Occupations thread and begins to stone me.*

Well, the PC is a very advanced thing at that time. I mean if you used the video-phone via PC reception would be very perfect. You can hear AND see everything done when it is done without experincing 'lag'. Now for the point, since the connection between caller - and reciever is perfect, real things could be sent back and forth, including pokeballs. "Teleportation" or "Warps" are very complicating. In my opinion, once Pokeballs or any other item is placed on the machine that warps the item, the Pokeball or item is turned into very tiny particles, and uses the waves that connects the caller and the reciever to get to it's destination points. In the machine of the reciever, the particles are filtered and turned back to their original state.

I would say more but I don't like killing these types of interesting topics, so I present my own question. What if there was a power failure between "transportation" of a pokeball or item?

Old 08-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Satou Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Probbly something like when you clone Pokemon in R/S, except I doubt you'd get doubles. You'd lose your Pokemon/item to hyper space. ^_^;;

Another topic we should consider some time is how Pokemon attack.
I'd like to start with how plant Pokemon use moves like vine whip but we can talk 'bout that after we clear up power outages o_O;

~Avy=Lemon-san~