Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Dilop's Avatar
Dilop Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nevada, USA.
Posts: 485
Send a message via AIM to Dilop
Default Netbattle Team.

I'd like a team rating, please. Feel free to suggest anything.
Btw, Starmie hasn't been helping me out much lately.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry ** @ 0@
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 8 HP / 255 Atk / 57 Spd / 190 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Ice Beam

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band ** > e>
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Return
- Sleep Talk

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers ** n yn
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Spore
- Substitute

Aggron (F) @ Leftovers ** x ux
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Attract
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunder Wave

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** > w>
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 176 Spd / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Q oQ
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 31 HP / 224 Spd / 255 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
__________________

Hatch@476 - Ev@581 - Lv@761

I love you, Chloe~ <3 [VPP Stats]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Leman's Avatar
Leman Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: You have one guess
Posts: 8,639
Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilop View Post
I'd like a team rating, please. Feel free to suggest anything.
Btw, Starmie hasn't been helping me out much lately.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry ** @ 0@
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 8 HP / 255 Atk / 57 Spd / 190 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Ice Beam I think I would rather have Thunder Bolt in this spot, but its your choice

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band ** > e>
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Return
- Sleep Talk

I think you sould get rid of Sleep Talk, but I dont know what to put in.

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers ** n yn
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Spore
- Substitute

Aggron (F) @ Leftovers ** x ux
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- HP Steel Ive never seen Attract on Aggron before
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Thunder Wave

Brick Break is a better fighting moe, than HP Fighting, and it can destroy the reflects.

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** > w>
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 176 Spd / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

I never realy like subpunching Gars, cause I dont think they can hit hard. I think you should use Psychic and Hypnosis instead.

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Q oQ
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 31 HP / 224 Spd / 255 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

RATED.
__________________
My VPP

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Dragonknight_Demikid's Avatar
Dragonknight_Demikid Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 35
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilop View Post
I'd like a team rating, please. Feel free to suggest anything.
Btw, Starmie hasn't been helping me out much lately.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry ** @ 0@
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 8 HP / 255 Atk / 57 Spd / 190 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Ice Beam

Evs: 252 Atk / 188 SDef / 60 Spd / 8 HP --- Count your EV distribution - 255 or 57 or 190 don't divide by 4 cleanly - you are just wasting EVs.
I guess Ice beam can work since you don't have any dragon moves, to counter, Ice beam will kill. Careful with this Dragonite - It can mess up your whole team, if you don't play it right and fast


Tauros (M) @ Choice Band ** > e>
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Return
- Sleep Talk

Evs Again - 252 Attk/ 180 Spd/ 76 HP
Why in the world do you have sleeptalk? Put Rest Instead of Return - if you want to use sleep talk.
Or
Take off Return/Sleep Talk - Replace it with Iron Tail/Remniscent Headbutt/Earthquake/Stone Edge.


Breloom (M) @ Leftovers ** n yn
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Spore
- Substitute

EVs... sure lol. And, take off substitute, if you can predict on when to use Focus Punches, if not leave it.

Aggron (F) @ Leftovers ** x ux
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Attract
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunder Wave

Attract???


Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** > w>
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 176 Spd / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Ok you can't have two things going on for Gengar, Sub punching and Mixed Sweeping - EVs won't work. Choose one or the either. If mixed sweeper - choose some other physical moves (include FP but no Substitute). However if Sub Punching - you need some EVs in HP

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Q oQ
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 31 HP / 224 Spd / 255 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Nice moveset Evs: 224 Spd 32 HP and 252 SAttk
Edited in bold

Rating - 7/10
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-29-2007, 03:28 PM
-4J- Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 146
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilop View Post
I'd like a team rating, please. Feel free to suggest anything.
Btw, Starmie hasn't been helping me out much lately.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry ** @ 0@
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 8 HP / 255 Atk / 57 Spd / 190 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Ice Beam

Eh this is a bad lead, with Swampert everywhere
Why are you giving something using Dragon Dance max Atk?
Leftovers.


Tauros (M) @ Choice Band ** > e>
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Return
- Sleep Talk

k


Breloom (M) @ Leftovers ** n yn
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Spore
- Substitute

k

Aggron (F) @ Leftovers ** x ux
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Attract
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunder Wave

eh what
using attract is like "high metagross i'm giving you a move to switch in on and kill me kthx"


Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** > w>
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 176 Spd / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Sludge Bomb is better > sub.
Imo.


Starmie @ Leftovers ** Q oQ
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 31 HP / 224 Spd / 255 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

the evs don't look right, but I can't remember how they go exactly


Nothing on the team will repeatedly swap into pert, especially HP Bug varients.
From the start of the battle if he's leading he'll have you under pressure.
Nothing 'truly' stops Heracross on the team, and CBRegirock will cause a lot of damage.

You also need to click "snap" in the team builder.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2007, 11:00 AM
pixlepix's Avatar
pixlepix Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,227
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

sleep talk is uselist without rest and atract is not uselees if it is on a girl pokemon
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Killing Harry Potter
Posts: 2,668
Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilop View Post
I'd like a team rating, please. Feel free to suggest anything.
Btw, Starmie hasn't been helping me out much lately.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry ** @ 0@
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 8 HP / 255 Atk / 57 Spd / 190 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Ice Beam

I use Thunder Wave on mine, nice surprse, but looks ok.

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band ** > e>
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Return
- Sleep Talk

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers ** n yn
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Spore
- Substitute

Aggron (F) @ Leftovers ** x ux
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Attract
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunder Wave

You could take out 2 on HP and Defence and add 4 Attck EVs, since they won't do anything anyways.

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** > w>
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 176 Spd / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Q oQ
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 31 HP / 224 Spd / 255 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
I don't suggest Aggron, becuase even with all that HP and Defence, it is
4x weak against Fighting and Ground.
__________________
My Pearl FC: 1590 1362 9244
My HG FC: 0947 4441 3267
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Sharku Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 28
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilop View Post
I'd like a team rating, please. Feel free to suggest anything.
Btw, Starmie hasn't been helping me out much lately.

Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers ** @ 0@
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SAtk/ 148 SDef
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder

I like this set a lot, with Thunder it can do massive damage to Milotic and Skarmory. Since Dragonite can take a few non stabbed Ice Beams this set works good.

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band ** > e>
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Return
- Sleep Talk

First, switch this thing to your opener. I suggest HP Ghost for those pesky ghosts. EVs seem good.

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers ** n yn
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Spore
- Substitute

looks fine

Aggron (F) @ Leftovers ** x ux
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 2 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

Standard

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** > w>
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 176 Spd / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Works

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Q oQ
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 31 HP / 224 Spd / 255 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Works

Suggestions in bold.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Echo's Avatar
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Location
Posts: 970
Send a message via AIM to Echo
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Why on earth does everyone ahve to quote the whole team when you're only adding like two words?

@leman, don't recommend T-bolt on Dragonite, because Thunder(yes, low accuracy) is better for bulky waters, because of the better damage done. Sleep Talk is fine for Tauros, or it could be replaced by Iron Tail. Subpunching Gengars deal loads of damage to two of the biggest special Gengar counters, Blissey and Snorlax. So your thoughts are that worthy of listening to.

@Dragonknight_Demikid, stop suggesting DP moves for an Advance team. Why the heck would he take off Tauros' STAB move for Rest? Ice Beam does not work on Dragonite, which btw, doesn't need any Dragon moves. Gengar still works with Subsitute as one move and the poster of the team isn't obviously skilled enough to predict switching to use Focus Punch (usage of Aggron implements this).

Also, don't give out number rates (7/10 etc.) because they are space wasters.

@-4J-, how does not a combination of Dragonite, Gengar and Tauros (Hidden Power Flying from Dragonite, resists from Gengar to its STAB moves, Intimidate from Tauros) not counter Heracross? lol what, CB Regirock? never heard of someone using that as a threat mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlepix
sleep talk is uselist without rest and atract is not uselees if it is on a girl pokemon
I laughed.

@Lord Voldemort, please, you only had two lines inside that quote, useless perhaps? Thunderwave would only make Milotic happy. Also, your EV suggestions for Aggron sort of failed, because Aggron needs more Attack than that.

@Sharku, thank you, your post was reasonable.

I won't even bother with doing any more rating, because Dilop can read my suggestions from the text above. Though, I will mention that Spikes hurt this team.
__________________
I'm waiting for the rain
to wash who I am.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2007, 11:42 AM
-4J- Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 146
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
@-4J-, how does not a combination of Dragonite, Gengar and Tauros (Hidden Power Flying from Dragonite, resists from Gengar to its STAB moves, Intimidate from Tauros) not counter Heracross? lol what, CB Regirock? never heard of someone using that as a threat mention.
As much as I know I'm pointing out the obvious, the "defiiniton" if you will of a counter is something that can swap in without being killed by the foe.
His Gengar is not defensive in any form at all, and has a -Def nature. Gengar cannot swap into Rock Slides from even non CB Hera and will be killed before he even gets an attempt at 2HKO'ing Hera.

Same with Dragonite, except he can actually be killed by a succesive combination of Megahorn and then Rock Slide.

Tauros cannot switch into Focus Punches.

What he will constantly switch to is far too predictable, Heracross can dent or kill all of the teams "counters" on the switch.

Also I just mentioned CBRegirock because I was looking at another team on sppf that had it and noticed this team had a bit of a weak lol.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Dragonknight_Demikid's Avatar
Dragonknight_Demikid Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 35
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
@Dragonknight_Demikid, stop suggesting DP moves for an Advance team. Why the heck would he take off Tauros' STAB move for Rest? Ice Beam does not work on Dragonite, which btw, doesn't need any Dragon moves. Gengar still works with Subsitute as one move and the poster of the team isn't obviously skilled enough to predict switching to use Focus Punch (usage of Aggron implements this).
Ok.
1. Didn't notice this was advance, it said NETBATTLE
2. BECAUSE HE IS USING SLEEP TALK. "Duh". If he wants Return, remove Sleep talk, for heavens sake, you are hoping for a hypnosis to hit you, and why waste a move slot. People would know that it would have sleep talk, and restrain themselves of using hypnosis.
3. Dragonite either needs Dragon moves or ice. Or it will die. Amen. Get your facts straight, it has a dragon weakness, wtf is it gonna do when a Salamence is going to come along, hit with Thunder?, do you really think that will OHKO it?
4. Have you read my comments correctly? - Gengar can't do BOTH SUBPUNCHING AND MIXED SWEEPING. It can only do one or the either, sub needs HP (where the EVS are needed), and wtf is Gengar's sub gonna do below 75 HP?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Ultima Boss's Avatar
Ultima Boss Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,826
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonknight_Demikid View Post
1. Didn't notice this was advance, it said NETBATTLE
The 4th Generation isn't using the Netbattle sponsored simulation, so that eliminates the possibility.

Quote:
2. BECAUSE HE IS USING SLEEP TALK. "Duh". If he wants Return, remove Sleep talk, for heavens sake, you are hoping for a hypnosis to hit you, and why waste a move slot. People would know that it would have sleep talk, and restrain themselves of using hypnosis.
The whole point is to absorb Sleep status, and/or restrain the use of Hypnosis and friends the next time around.

Quote:
3. Dragonite either needs Dragon moves or ice. Or it will die. Amen. Get your facts straight, it has a dragon weakness, wtf is it gonna do when a Salamence is going to come along, hit with Thunder?, do you really think that will OHKO it?
Would you really use Dragonite against Salamence?

Quote:
4. Have you read my comments correctly? - Gengar can't do BOTH SUBPUNCHING AND MIXED SWEEPING. It can only do one or the either, sub needs HP (where the EVS are needed), and wtf is Gengar's sub gonna do below 75 HP?
If you spread your EVs efficiently, then Gengar can do just about anything, from SubPunching and Mixed Sweeping to annoyance and Exploding, on the first turn.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Stubby Boardman's Avatar
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central standard time zone
Posts: 3,770
Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilop View Post
I'd like a team rating, please. Feel free to suggest anything.
Btw, Starmie hasn't been helping me out much lately.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry ** @ 0@
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 8 HP / 255 Atk / 57 Spd / 190 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock] or Protect
- Fly

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band ** > e>
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 78 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Return
- Protect

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers ** n yn
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch or Sky Uppercut
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Spore
- Substitute

Aggron (F) @ Leftovers ** x ux
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Attract
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail or Protect
- Thunder Wave

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers ** > w>
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 176 Spd / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Shadow Ball or Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute or Confuse Ray
- Psychic

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Q oQ
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 31 HP / 224 Spd / 255 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Protect or Thunder Wave


Hope this Helps
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Dragonknight_Demikid's Avatar
Dragonknight_Demikid Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 35
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Boss View Post
The 4th Generation isn't using the Netbattle sponsored simulation, so that eliminates the possibility.
My bad then.

Quote:
The whole point is to absorb Sleep status, and/or restrain the use of Hypnosis and friends the next time around.
I guess, but personally, I think Taurs can do much more without "hoping" for sleep talk.

Quote:
Would you really use Dragonite against Salamence?
Not all the time, but yes sometimes I do, and it does work.
However, Dragonite can become the last pokemon on the roster [or a pokemon where the remainder of pokemon are non sweeping] (through switching and everything), and you have to face a salamence, what would you do?

Quote:
If you spread your EVs efficiently, then Gengar can do just about anything, from SubPunching and Mixed Sweeping to annoyance and Exploding, on the first turn.
I know it can do anything, but it can't fill two roles at the same damn time, thats not going to work for Gengar. He can only fill one of the roles:Mix/Sub/Status/Explode/S.Sweep.
It can't fill two of those and can become a good Gengar.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Echo's Avatar
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Location
Posts: 970
Send a message via AIM to Echo
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J- View Post
As much as I know I'm pointing out the obvious, the "defiiniton" if you will of a counter is something that can swap in without being killed by the foe.
His Gengar is not defensive in any form at all, and has a -Def nature. Gengar cannot swap into Rock Slides from even non CB Hera and will be killed before he even gets an attempt at 2HKO'ing Hera.
Yes, thank you, I know the definition of a counter quite well. I never said anything about a singular Pokemon being a counter in his team; I said a combination. Gengar can switch into Focus Punches who'd hurt Tauros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J-
Same with Dragonite, except he can actually be killed by a succesive combination of Megahorn and then Rock Slide.
Heracross won't stay in threat of HP Flying to attack with Rock Slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J
Tauros cannot switch into Focus Punches.
Gengar can, Tauros can switch into Rock Slides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J-
What he will constantly switch to is far too predictable, Heracross can dent or kill all of the teams "counters" on the switch.
If he has three Pokemon to switch, how is it predictable? Besides, Heracross can really only be brought in after one of the opponent's team's Pokemon has died, because it can only switch safely against Breloom. Even then, if it's not a STalkCross, it can't do so with the fear of Spore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -4J-
Also I just mentioned CBRegirock because I was looking at another team on sppf that had it and noticed this team had a bit of a weak lol.
You really talk too much about sppf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonknight_Demikid
Ok.
1. Didn't notice this was advance, it said NETBATTLE
2. BECAUSE HE IS USING SLEEP TALK. "Duh". If he wants Return, remove Sleep talk, for heavens sake, you are hoping for a hypnosis to hit you, and why waste a move slot. People would know that it would have sleep talk, and restrain themselves of using hypnosis.
3. Dragonite either needs Dragon moves or ice. Or it will die. Amen. Get your facts straight, it has a dragon weakness, wtf is it gonna do when a Salamence is going to come along, hit with Thunder?, do you really think that will OHKO it?
4. Have you read my comments correctly? - Gengar can't do BOTH SUBPUNCHING AND MIXED SWEEPING. It can only do one or the either, sub needs HP (where the EVS are needed), and wtf is Gengar's sub gonna do below 75 HP?
1. heh you're quite funny. That statement alone makes me not want to read the rest of your post, assuming it's the same quality.

2. Who said anything about Hypnosis with low accuracy? Putting in Sleep Talk is definately not a waste of a moveslot, because every team needs something to absorb sleep with. Yes, he has Starmie, but after Starmie is switched out, the team is under a threat for a Sleep move again.

3. Since when did Dragonite need a Dragon/Ice move. When Mence pops out, Dragonite is switched out; simple? Yes, carrying IB is sometimes beneficial, but odds are that people would rather switch in their Skarm/Milotic/Cune to counter D-nite rather than risking their notably best sweeper, Salamence. You might want to get some of your facts straight first, kid.

4.Gengar can Sub perfectly, because if Blissey is not packing IB, hello free sub. If Snorlax isn't packing FB/SB, hello free sub. If something tries to status you, hello again sub. And yes, I read your below-average comment correctly, but you failed miserably trying to make it sound reasonable. You really might want to do some more competitive battling before opening your mouth like that.

You might want to check Smogon for some tips or something like that. Also, your use of mild swear words in a minor argument like this makes me giggle.

I hate to use my 'authority' as an excuse here, but you guys might want to check your facts before starting a nearly useless debate over a new player's moderately bad team.

edit: salamence weakness noted, so Dilop, switch Aggron out for a bulky water like Swampert.
__________________
I'm waiting for the rain
to wash who I am.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:57 AM
-4J- Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 146
Default Re: Netbattle Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Heracross won't stay in threat of HP Flying to attack with Rock Slide.
Eh Heracross is faster and can 2HKO .-.?



Quote:
Gengar can, Tauros can switch into Rock Slides.
And when the person is good and makes the right prediction?



Quote:
If he has three Pokemon to switch, how is it predictable? Besides, Heracross can really only be brought in after one of the opponent's team's Pokemon has died, because it can only switch safely against Breloom. Even then, if it's not a STalkCross, it can't do so with the fear of Spore.
Starmie's recover.
Agrron's Thunder Wave will cause even more ****.

Quote:
You really talk too much about sppf.
k.

This is all of course factoring in that some Hera will be stored away until late game, and without wish support on the team and a spinless starmie, spikes will start to hurt, and give him even more troubles.

Last edited by -4J-; 04-04-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com