Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 08-17-2004, 03:11 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Proposal: Breeding

Okay, I came up with this a little while ago. Lep, tell me what ya think (And everyone else).

You put 2 Pokemon in the Day Care Center (Which if you like my proposal, would have me as the old guy) which is just one Topic. In the first post, it explans the day care idea. In the second it has a list of all the people and then what 2 pokemon they have in here and if they have made an egg yet. This would be an example:

rust: Marshtomp and Azumarill EGG STATUS: Complete.

If the 2 Pokemon were in the Day Care Center for 24 hours, an egg will be made, though the pokemon have to be compatible (They wont be allowed in if they're non-compatible). The person who dropped off the pokemon can then pick up the pokemon and the egg and have to pay a small fee (Maybe $200 per Pokemon every 6 hours) which would go toward paying our breeders.

When you have the egg, you have to go through a certain number of battles with the egg in your party before it hatches (Depending on the Pokemon). So for example. If I was going to have a 2 on 2 Battle, and I had an egg, I would have Marshtomp as my only useable Pokemon, and my egg would be the second.

After the certain amount of battles are completed. The Egg Hatches. The Pokemon in the Egg and the Moveset for it are given to the person when they pick up their egg and Pokemon.

This would be a way to get Egg Moves and maybe Gonbe (Lol, though I dont think you'd go for that one lep). This is a well thought out challenging way (It would bring back the old URPGers who wanted Egg Moves) to get Egg Moves. Also, Sea and Lax Inscese could be sold at the Pokemart for breeding.

Last edited by Lord Celebi; 08-17-2004 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Jhem Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jhem Send a message via MSN to Jhem Send a message via Yahoo to Jhem
Default Re: Proposal: Breeding

I'm sorry, Rust, but I kindof like Mana's idea better. Listen to what he has to say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLugia
In terms of Move tutor, since they are FRLG's way of saying TMs, would they not be allowed when FRLG comes out in the fall? (Like, buying a TM and using it, since Move Tutors in FRLG are basically TMs in RBY... so like, wtf? :p)

Fyi, the breeding suggestion was this:

Item: Pocket Breeder (Or whatever fancy name)
$10,000 (adjustable)
Effect:
1) Max of 2 may be equipped to each pokemon (One use Item, btw).
2) Effect of a TM. Teaches the pokemon one of its breeding moves.

Basically, get breeding moves via the same idea behind a TM?
The one thing I would change are the name and the idea of it. It'll work the exact same way as Mana's, but just said differently. Instead of a pocket breeder, it could be a DNA injection that allows the Pokčmon to be able to learn one of its hereditary moves. For instance, for a move like Double-Edge, there would be a MI(move injection):Double-Edge. All of the different MI's (a catchy name I jsut thought of ) can have their own number, like TM's or HM's. And each injection can run up to costs of 10-15,000 dollars, because if they're inexpensive, then there will be a major rush to get to them, some mons learn hereditary moves that make it twice as hard to defeat than they would have been before. And, the same, There would be a limit of 1or 2 hereditary moves that a monster could learn. The limit would be to make sure, once again, that some mons can't get too powerful to defeat.

Basically, I think breeding itself is not that great of an idea. Because people would keep breeding and breeding and it would make the Story Capture thing obsolete. I think I would rather work harder by writing a story to get a mon, just like everybody else, rather than just getting it in a trade from someone. EVEN THOUGH WRITING TO GET A MON IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE! The graders really need to cool down on their grading. But I'm not saying that they should just nearly let someone catch like a Chansey or something else extremely rare.

Last edited by Jhem; 08-17-2004 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:22 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

MI: move name a much harder idea to execute because the breeding moves vary WAY too much, which means if someone has to go through the ENTIRE movelist to check it out, it'd easily add 250+ MIs to the pokemart, which is why the general purpose pocket breeder.

And as for general breeding:

Breeding is of course a great idea, but as the Read First thread says, it's overly complicated just to pull off, and requires people who are dedicated to the URPG to a T working overtime just to pull it off, which would end up killing all the workers...

Last edited by mlugia; 08-17-2004 at 04:24 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:25 AM
Jhem Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jhem Send a message via MSN to Jhem Send a message via Yahoo to Jhem

Okay, well, instead of having numbers, then you could just ask for a hereditary move injection.. I mean... pocket breeder. I know it's a good name, but we won't actually be breeding.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:34 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhem
I'm sorry, Rust, but I kindof like Mana's idea better. Listen to what he has to say:

The one thing I would change are the name and the idea of it. It'll work the exact same way as Mana's, but just said differently. Instead of a pocket breeder, it could be a DNA injection that allows the Pokčmon to be able to learn one of its hereditary moves. For instance, for a move like Double-Edge, there would be a MI(move injection):Double-Edge. All of the different MI's (a catchy name I jsut thought of ) can have their own number, like TM's or HM's. And each injection can run up to costs of 10-15,000 dollars, because if they're inexpensive, then there will be a major rush to get to them, some mons learn hereditary moves that make it twice as hard to defeat than they would have been before. And, the same, There would be a limit of 1or 2 hereditary moves that a monster could learn. The limit would be to make sure, once again, that some mons can't get too powerful to defeat.

Basically, I think breeding itself is not that great of an idea. Because people would keep breeding and breeding and it would make the Story Capture thing obsolete. I think I would rather work harder by writing a story to get a mon, just like everybody else, rather than just getting it in a trade from someone. EVEN THOUGH WRITING TO GET A MON IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE! The graders really need to cool down on their grading. But I'm not saying that they should just nearly let someone catch like a Chansey or something else extremely rare.
You'd only get an egg for the Female. You wouldnt get a random Pokemon. Also, depending on the move (How effective it is) there is a lower chance to get a better move, and the only way to get 2 egg moves on a Pokemon is for both the parents to know that move.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:48 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Sorry Rust, but that won't work, it's too confusing. The URPG tried something similar to that back in the day, it failed miserably. Mana's Pocket Breeder is perfect for the URPG.

This suit is black not.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

I like mana's idea, and limit it to only 2 breeding moves.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 08-18-2004, 03:16 AM
koolcurtis Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to koolcurtis Send a message via Yahoo to koolcurtis

This won't work. What would happen to the mon you already tm'ed? This would be a waste of time and money if you had to tm another one up.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:27 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolcurtis
This won't work. What would happen to the mon you already tm'ed? This would be a waste of time and money if you had to tm another one up.
This is for Egg moves. And if BOTH Parents knew a TM/HM/Egg Move/Move Tutor Move, the Egg would know it along with an Egg Move (Unless the egg move randomly chosen was known by both parents).
Old 08-18-2004, 04:04 AM
koolcurtis Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to koolcurtis Send a message via Yahoo to koolcurtis

But then you can start with one pkmn with tm's and then after the breeding you have 2 pkmn with the same tm's and then people would trade the pkmn away. This would create too many pkmn for people. It's basically duplicating the same mon. If someone has a chansey they can duplicate it and trade it to other people and everyone says chansey is rare, but this way chansey would become a common mon.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:12 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolcurtis
But then you can start with one pkmn with tm's and then after the breeding you have 2 pkmn with the same tm's and then people would trade the pkmn away. This would create too many pkmn for people. It's basically duplicating the same mon. If someone has a chansey they can duplicate it and trade it to other people and everyone says chansey is rare, but this way chansey would become a common mon.
That's if its a female.

Well, maybe there can also be a limit for how many times you can breed a Pokemon (Say you can have one egg for each Egg Mvoe it has the potential to learn).
Old 08-18-2004, 02:17 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Chansey is ALWAYS female. Sp everybody in the whole damn URPG would have a Chansey. It just won't work. I hope Jack let's Mana have his Pocket Breeder thing, it's an awesome idea.

This suit is black not.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

here's my idea. i think breeding moves should be harder to learn, since they take time in the game. so check my layout for the breeding idea.
--------

URPG Daycare Center

Welcome. You have stumbled upon a great business opportunity. Let's get you going on learning those Breeding Moves.

Here's what you get when you sign up:

Payment- $10,000 to the Daycare
Pokemon- You may drop off 1 or 2 Pokemon.
Duration- One full week stay from the time you post.
Breeding Move- You select only 1 move for each Pokemon to learn for this week.

Rules:
(1) Only 5 Trainers can have their Pokemon at the Daycare at any given time. So at most 10 Pokemon can be looked after from 5 different Trainers.

(2) A single Pokemon can learn a maximum of 2 Breeding Moves.

(3) You cannot make another visit until 2 weeks from your original drop-off post. This is to give other people a chance to use the Daycare.

(4) The Pokemon to learn the move may not learn a Breeding Move that is given to them as a TM.

Ex. Abra can't learn Fire Punch through Breeding because it can already learn it from a TM.
Ex2. Mr. Mime can learn Giga Drain through Breeding because it can't learn it from a TM.

(5) Pokemon that can't be breed are useless here and cannot learn any moves.

Ex. Magnemite, Staryu

(6) The Pokemon evolution line can learn what the lowest can through normal Breeding. The Pokemon can be evolved or not evolved, it can still learn the Breeding Moves.

Ex. Charizard can learn Bite just like Charmander can.

(7) In order to drop of a Pokemon, you need to have more than 1 Pokemon in your party. Can't let you walk around without a Pokemon on your belt. :P

*Extra Important*
Your Pokemon stay at the Daycare for a week. That means you can't use it for a battle, trade, anything. It stays in the Daycare. However, if you do take it out (purpose or accidental) there will be a $1,000 fine and your Pokemon has to start a new week to relearn the move. Rule 3 still applies in this case.

There will be Daycare Employees to help out in case of trouble or questions. They will check your Pokemon and the move you want to teach it to make sure it is valid. Once you post, your Pokemon stays here unless an Employee disagrees. So you don't have to be approved, you can only be disapproved.

Now, for your stats. You MUST put with your Pokemon which Breeding Moves it has learned. This is for all Refs and Mods to know and check to make sure no one is cheating the Daycare Center. If you are caught cheating, like everything else, there will be penalties.

Thanks and please make yourself at home.
--------
~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 08-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

Very good Jack, I actually liked the idea. It is mana's actually, still loved it. And I guess it will work just fine ^^

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 08-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Oh... Nice idea Lep.