Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:16 PM
DarkMudkip Offline
Experienced Trainer

Angry Re: Keckleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody TC View Post
Do you have a kecleon because people who have them say you do have to be lucario.I am saying that (I think) is the only one you need ranking to get.
No you dont have to be Lucario rank! My friend is diamond and he recruited it so this should locked since the question has been answered

Diamond Friend Code 2577 9632 0536 Jess
Old 03-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Ness Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ness Send a message via MSN to Ness
Default Re: Keckleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody TC View Post
Do you have a kecleon because people who have them say you do have to be lucario.I am saying that (I think) is the only one you need ranking to get.
No I do not have a Kecleon just because I am lacking both the time and patience to recruit one .

I too have thought that Kecleon might be an exception and that this may be a unique case in which you need to have Lucario Rank to recruit. If this was the case though it would be well documented on any reputable website; it is not. I would not trust anything from a geocities site or anything of that calibre... (thinks back to the hundreds of ways you could catch Mew in RBY ).

I think the confusion stems from people thinking that rank affects recruit rank.

It is almost certainly all about odds. One in a thousand chance is not very good at all. Kecleon is tied for the hardest pokemon to recruit in this game (the other three are Swampert, Feraligatr, and Blastoise who all share the -33.9% recruit rate).

.1% chance may seem daunting... but it is a heck of a lot better than running into a shiny pokemon in the other games (0.000122% chance). Just keep at it !
Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 PM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No I do not have a Kecleon just because I am lacking both the time and patience to recruit one .

I too have thought that Kecleon might be an exception and that this may be a unique case in which you need to have Lucario Rank to recruit. If this was the case though it would be well documented on any reputable website; it is not. I would not trust anything from a geocities site or anything of that calibre... (thinks back to the hundreds of ways you could catch Mew in RBY ).

I think the confusion stems from people thinking that rank affects recruit rank.

It is almost certainly all about odds. One in a thousand chance is not very good at all. Kecleon is tied for the hardest pokemon to recruit in this game (the other three are Swampert, Feraligatr, and Blastoise who all share the -33.9% recruit rate).

.1% chance may seem daunting... but it is a heck of a lot better than running into a shiny pokemon in the other games (0.000122% chance). Just keep at it !
Ok, thanx A LOT for the info.. I'm gonna try to recruit it tomorrow for a while, I'm to tired right now.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:51 PM
MysticAura Offline
Master Trainer

Another way to get it would be through Jirachi. If you have recruited every single pokemon except Kecleon and you're in Lucario rank, then complete Wish Cave and do not recruit Jirachi when he asks then choose "something good" for your wish; you should get Kecleon the next morning.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:27 AM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

YEA BOI!! JUST RECRUITED KECKLEON!! YEAH BOI!! 6th floor of frosty forest, with lv. 100 charizard with friend bow, like 15th to 20th keckleon!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:45 AM
DarkMudkip Offline
Experienced Trainer

YA! YA! YA! Good for you!!!!!!!!!! now get outta there well if not already out...

Diamond Friend Code 2577 9632 0536 Jess
Old 03-25-2007, 03:23 PM
LilCharZ Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmeleonblaze View Post
YEA BOI!! JUST RECRUITED KECKLEON!! YEAH BOI!! 6th floor of frosty forest, with lv. 100 charizard with friend bow, like 15th to 20th keckleon!
THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE I RECRUITED MINE!!! IT WAS YESTERDAY!! Also with a Charizard... OK, I have a question for everyone. If you recruit a keckleon, is it possible to recruit another one?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:00 PM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilCharZ View Post
THAT'S EXACTLY WHERE I RECRUITED MINE!!! IT WAS YESTERDAY!! Also with a Charizard... OK, I have a question for everyone. If you recruit a keckleon, is it possible to recruit another one?
Probably, I don't see why not.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Jelly Offline

Send a message via MSN to Jelly Send a message via Yahoo to Jelly

It depends how many pokemon can fit into that friend area...i dont know kecklons friend area so i cant help...
Old 03-25-2007, 05:04 PM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
It depends how many pokemon can fit into that friend area...i dont know kecklons friend area so i cant help...
It's overgrown forest, I think like 10 fit into it.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Jelly Offline

Send a message via MSN to Jelly Send a message via Yahoo to Jelly

Then you can have 10 keckleons
Old 03-25-2007, 07:47 PM
brandonelliott Offline
Experienced Trainer

You dont have to be lvl 100 or have lucario rank you need level 90 and a friend bow is all its what it says in my guide

Team Ownage
Old 03-25-2007, 08:27 PM
The Harris Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
Then you can have 10 keckleons
if you did that you wouldnt get all the pokemon on your team as you would have too many kekleon
Old 03-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Metagross Ex Offline

Send a message via MSN to Metagross Ex Send a message via Yahoo to Metagross Ex

yeah, that would be hard to get all the pokemon because it takes a while to get to lucario- rank
Old 03-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Ness Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ness Send a message via MSN to Ness

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmeleonblaze View Post
It's overgrown forest, I think like 10 fit into it.
I believe the actual capacity is 9. But anyways 2 Kecleon is really 1 too many as there isn't really any reason to get more than one... except for bragging rights I suppose.

But seriously, I am not sure why Kecleon is so popular. Its stats are not anything stellar, it does not really have a strong movepool (best move that it can learn is Fury Swipes) and the punch behind that is taken away after it changes types. Since STAB is more important than Type Advantage in PMD, Color Change sort of ruins Kecleon's offensive capabilities thereby almost limiting it to a Defensive or Utility pokemon but Kecleon does not really have much going for it in those departments either.

That being said, someday I will go after Kecleon just for something to do and for completeness... but you probably won't ever find that pokemon on any of my serious rescue teams.