Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon Main Boards Pokemon: Games Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 09:52 PM
fire_turtle Offline
New Trainer

Default Fire Red and Water Blue

Since Red and Green in Japan were Red and Blue here, do you think that Leaf Green will be Water Blue when it is released here?
Old 03-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Tristan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Tristan Send a message via AIM to Tristan Send a message via MSN to Tristan Send a message via Yahoo to Tristan
Default Re: Fire Red and Water Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_turtle
Since Red and Green in Japan were Red and Blue here, do you think that Leaf Green will be Water Blue when it is released here?
Absolutely not. Red, Geen, and Blue were all released in Japan, but Green was not released in the US. They are only remaking Red and Green; not Blue. There's no such thing as "Water Blue"....i don't think Anyone correct me if i'm wrong, but i know that it'll be FR and LG here, not WB o_O
~~"I don't want to be alone anymore..." - Eiko, Final Fantasy IX~~
Old 03-10-2004, 02:35 AM
fire_turtle Offline
New Trainer

True, but blue was released much later in Japan, the originals were red and green. Though all were made there, green was not released here so i figured that instead of calling a remake of green, it would be a remake of blue but still basically be the same as Leaf Green. Water Blue was just something I made up logically.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:05 AM
Absol-charmander 13 Offline
New Trainer

i read somewhere in a magazine (i don't remember what it was) that the United States would get a whatever its going to be blue version and get lg later.

)))))))CURRENTLY PLAYING(((((((
Ninja Gaiden, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow (XBOX)
NFS: Underground(PS2)
the legend of zelda: collectors edition, Resident evil zero(Gamecube)
Pokemon fire red(gba)

(zelda rocks too)
Old 03-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

^But i remember that Nintendo said LG will never be released in US.

Current team:
Old 03-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Ferret Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ferret Send a message via MSN to Ferret Send a message via Yahoo to Ferret

It's blue, people.

Look at it from Ninty's point of view, they're not just trying to please the small pocket of people that want it like the Japanese version, they're trying to please the vast majority that just want it like it always was outside of Japland.

Money, money, money.....
Old 03-10-2004, 03:02 PM
K-3.1416 Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via MSN to K-3.1416

It's going to be Leaf Green...

You know, in Japan they're very jealous about the games that don't appear in Japan, I mean, if in Japan there isn't a Water Blue version it won't appear in US 'cause it doesn't exist, so i don't tjink that it will appear a Water Blue Version.

For example, when in Japan was released Kingdom Hearts (PS2, Square) the game was normal, but when it was released in US the game had a few adds in the game as new summons and new bosses, so months later in Japan there was a second version of Kingdom Hearts and with a bundle of posters and all that...

What I mean is that firstly Japan Pokmon fans won't like the idea that in US would be released the Water Blue version, also it doesn't exist. If in US is released the Water Blue version they'd make a new presentation with a few changes on the game. They won't do that and so the game in US will be Leaf Green as in Japan.

L K-3.1416-Njՙ uN д L T \(^o^)/ [ www.kof.mx.gs ] KOF | Project
Old 03-10-2004, 05:36 PM
LolJolteonMaster Offline
Banned

Unhappy Re: Fire Red and Water Blue

I hope there isn't any water blue. Except for one person, no one on nintendo has said there will be Water Blue.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:31 PM
GreenF!reR@ge Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to GreenF!reR@ge

I doubt there Nintendo will make a Water Blue to start off. it will be Fr/Lg but maybe as the Third game of the pack they will make Water Blue....But who knows
Old 03-10-2004, 09:42 PM
fire_turtle Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-3.1416
It's going to be Leaf Green...

You know, in Japan they're very jealous about the games that don't appear in Japan, I mean, if in Japan there isn't a Water Blue version it won't appear in US 'cause it doesn't exist, so i don't tjink that it will appear a Water Blue Version.

For example, when in Japan was released Kingdom Hearts (PS2, Square) the game was normal, but when it was released in US the game had a few adds in the game as new summons and new bosses, so months later in Japan there was a second version of Kingdom Hearts and with a bundle of posters and all that...

What I mean is that firstly Japan Pokmon fans won't like the idea that in US would be released the Water Blue version, also it doesn't exist. If in US is released the Water Blue version they'd make a new presentation with a few changes on the game. They won't do that and so the game in US will be Leaf Green as in Japan.
What do you think they did before? Red and Green were released in Japan but North America got Red and Blue. Later on Japan got blue but we never got green. Why wouldn't the same thing happen again? Besides, if these are supposed to be remakes of two games we know and love, then they would have to make WB instead of LG here since we never even had green.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:40 PM
AltariaTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AltariaTamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_turtle
What do you think they did before? Red and Green were released in Japan but North America got Red and Blue. Later on Japan got blue but we never got green. Why wouldn't the same thing happen again? Besides, if these are supposed to be remakes of two games we know and love, then they would have to make WB instead of LG here since we never even had green.
OK PEOPLE. THERE IS A PRESS RELEASE SOMEWHERE with sum important nintendo guy talking about the two new pokemon games. he said sumthing like this: "It was released in japan as fire red and leaf green, but it'll be blue over here."

Now if I find the right site where that's posted, I will post it here, so you all can see.

I would appreciate it if you would come visit and join my new forum. Click the link below to visit my forum and join today!
Pocket Monsters Underground (PMU)
Old 03-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Pokemon World Mazter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon World Mazter Send a message via MSN to Pokemon World Mazter

I think its gonna be Water Blue here. Because Red / Blue were released here and Red / Green in Japan. Well I like the Water Blue name anyways Hope you can find that press release so everyone can see

~If I just.. Breatheeeee let it fill the space between Ill know everything is alright, Breatheeee every little piece of me you'll see everything is alright, if i just breatheee~

~Could you look me in the eye? And tell me that you are happy now.. Would you tell it to my face, or have I been erased? Are you happy now?
Old 03-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Super Blastoise 64 Offline
New Trainer

Talking Re: Fire Red and Water Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon World Mazter
I think its gonna be Water Blue here. Because Red / Blue were released here and Red / Green in Japan. Well I like the Water Blue name anyways Hope you can find that press release so everyone can see
same here
Old 03-11-2004, 09:39 PM
DoomDesire Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DoomDesire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon World Mazter
It is most likely or very likey for it to be changed. I dont get why they did it but i hope they dont. I really like the name Leaf Green and since Venusaur/bulbasaur is my favorite pokemon I would love to see it be Leaf Green in The US. I would definetly get that.

I caught a shiny Marill today! 3/24/04
Old 03-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Tristan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Tristan Send a message via AIM to Tristan Send a message via MSN to Tristan Send a message via Yahoo to Tristan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDesire
It is most likely or very likey for it to be changed. I dont get why they did it but i hope they dont. I really like the name Leaf Green and since Venusaur/bulbasaur is my favorite pokemon I would love to see it be Leaf Green in The US. I would definetly get that.
Yeah, i like the name Leaf Green a lot more than Water Blue. And like lots of people have said, Water Blue doesn't even exist x_x so how can it come out here? But do you know what would be REALLY cool? Sun Yellow! Or Spark Yellow...or something like that! But not where Pikachu follows you, because the same thing following you all the time is annoying. They should let you take out ANY Pokemon and have it follow you around!! Wouldn't that be awesome?!?!
~~"I don't want to be alone anymore..." - Eiko, Final Fantasy IX~~
Closed Thread