Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam
Default American Presidential Election 2004

Has anyone been following this? After his sweep of Super Tuesday (including his and my home state of Massachusetts ), Senetor John Kerry seems to be a shoe-in as the Democratic National Nominee to run again Bush. Luckily, I turn 18 in July, and will be able to vote in november (yay!). Kerry's got my vote!

EDIT/BTW: The Democratic National Convention is going to be held in Boston, MA this year. (cool! ^_^)
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Last edited by Alakazam; 03-04-2004 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:15 PM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost
Default Re: American Presidential Election 2004

I'm very pleased that Kerry's doing so well. He certainly has the same opinions about the majority of issues in this country as I do. If I could vote this year, he definitely would've gotten mine.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I'm not sure who to vote for, but for very good reasons. I usually think Republician but I wasn't very happy with Bush's performance during his last term. And I really haven't heard much of Kerry...

But I know one thing, if the Green Party wants to try and make a comeback, they would be smart to act quickly and furiously. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is unsure about who to pick for president.

Old 03-05-2004, 02:20 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Argh, I think Ralph Nader is a fool for running. He's not going to get elected, and I think he knows that. All he's going to go is split the Democratic vote, helping Bush get reelected *yuck*
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:52 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Now here's something werd about me. I don't like the way Kerry presents himself. Rich and stuff. He's like a Democratic Bush but has good intentions for the people. I prefer a person who is more down to Earth and started from humble beginings. Even when I knew Kerry was gonna win I voted Edwards because he appealed to me more. I have more in common with him. I'm still gonna vote Kerry in the November election but not without a heavy hand.

Take a look at this topic, Guys.

It came out correct for me.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 03-06-2004, 01:55 AM
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Has anyone been following this? After his sweep of Super Tuesday (including his and my home state of Massachusetts ), Senetor John Kerry seems to be a shoe-in as the Democratic National Nominee to run again Bush. Luckily, I turn 18 in July, and will be able to vote in november (yay!). Kerry's got my vote!

EDIT/BTW: The Democratic National Convention is going to be held in Boston, MA this year. (cool! ^_^)
Cool, i turn 18 in April. Kind of scared.
I have no clue who i'll vote for, i know it won't be Bush though.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Prinsess Leia Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Prinsess Leia

I wanted John Edwards to wn but I really hate Bush. I'm voting for Kerry (or atleast I'm forcing my parents to vote for Kerry.)
Old 03-07-2004, 03:39 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Yeah. It'll be interesting to see how bad Bush will most likely destroy the competition and then plunge the US into an even worst state than ever before. Not that I can vote anyway, being a Canadian citizen and all. lol
Old 03-07-2004, 06:52 AM
Sophie Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sophie Send a message via MSN to Sophie Send a message via Yahoo to Sophie

Let's put away the fact that I hate Bush for a second, I think Bush would win, not saying who I'm going to vote for becuase simply, I can't vote, so what's the point LOL. Kerry stands on good positions and all, but a lot of citizens are satisfied with Bush as a president. afterall he is the president at one of the hardest times of the nation.

But if I would vote, I would actually vote for President Bush, ironically. Becuase look further into the future, if Bush gets re-elected, Hilary Clinton's going to campaign for the eletion of 2008, because she has a better chance of winning when there are 2 in-experienced canidates.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

I didn't mind Bush's preformance during this term at all. 9/10 reasons why people don't like him come from sheer propoganda and mere opinions based on a lack of knowledge on the issue. Kinda like how everyone claims that it was his tax-cuts that caused a great deal of unemployment, while actually the economy's natural fall+9/11 did it, and the tax-cuts is what rose the economy on a steady 8% increase (desribed to be as "Warp Speed") over the last summer and winter, which also made and is making a lot of jobs across the nation.

Well, the silent majority might have it again, because if the recent poll that I heard from the other room was what I am almost sure it was, the majority if America supports Bush. I'll be JUST under voting age when the time comes around (darn it), but I would vote for him.

Something I noticed: Almost all of Kerry's campaign is strictly anti-Bush talk. I mean, crap man. That's one of the oldest bullies tricks in the book. Make someone look bad to make yourself look good, and tell the democratic party what they want to hear.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 03-07-2004, 01:18 PM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000

I haven't liked the Bush administration this term. One reason being all the wars and countries that we have gotten involved in that really aren't any of our business. I may have hated the way Saddam Hussein ran Iraq, but is it our place to invade another country and take over?

Also, the military budget is just sucking up money and plunging us into further debt (mind, the US's military is already larger than like the next 22 largest combined).

To be fair, I don't like Kerry much either. I would vote for him over Bush, but I agree, he's mostly just shouting anti-Bush propaganda. I can't even vote anyway.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmaball3000
I haven't liked the Bush administration this term. One reason being all the wars and countries that we have gotten involved in that really aren't any of our business. I may have hated the way Saddam Hussein ran Iraq, but is it our place to invade another country and take over?

Also, the military budget is just sucking up money and plunging us into further debt (mind, the US's military is already larger than like the next 22 largest combined).

To be fair, I don't like Kerry much either. I would vote for him over Bush, but I agree, he's mostly just shouting anti-Bush propaganda. I can't even vote anyway.
This is exactly how I feel.
Also, I think the way has run his foreign affairs is just.... The pure arrogance. How he has treated Europe, the EU, and the UN is just to dumb vor words. He certainly hasn't made friends here ^_^;;
I remember, before he was president, everybody wanted to be an American, or at least go live in the US. Nowadays, everybody is kinda anti-America. Except our stupid goverment >:(, they always do everything Bush wants
Old 03-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

To tell you the truth ,even if I could vote this year I wouldn't. Bush presented hisself nearly the same way 4 years ago. Every president has his flaws and Bush so far has the most. I barely even know who this Kerry guy is but I will ask my mom and dad to vote for him if he does better.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
To tell you the truth ,even if I could vote this year I wouldn't. Bush presented hisself nearly the same way 4 years ago. Every president has his flaws and Bush so far has the most. I barely even know who this Kerry guy is but I will ask my mom and dad to vote for him if he does better.

Actually, the president with the most flaws would be Isenhower. That is actually nothing more than a mere exaguration.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 03-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Ice Demon Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ice Demon

If I was six years older, Kerry would get my vote, I was never for the war anyway. There were never weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, so I think it was a pointless war.