Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 08-08-2004, 12:56 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Microsoft Interested In Buying Nintendo?

Microsoft Interested In Buying Nintendo?
-08/08/04-

No, Microsoft won't be taking over Nintendo today or tomorrow, but Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, showed some interest of acquiring Nintendo. Showing interest doesn't mean he'll get it (in fact, Nintendo has said it's not in merger talks and that's it's not interested), but it's interesting to see what Bill Gates feels about this.

As reported by Steve Lohr of the New York Times:
The article on the German magazine's Web site carried the headline, "Bill Gates: Interest in Nintendo Takeover." The article said that when asked about the possibility of acquiring Nintendo, Gates said how much he liked the company and that Microsoft would bid, if it were for sale.

"If Hiroshi Yamauchi calls, he'll get me on the line right away," Gates was quoted as saying, in a reference to Nintendo's former president and largest shareholder.

Microsoft does not dispute the accuracy of the quotation. But a company official who was standing nearby said that all the context and nuance were lost in translation. The comment by Gates, he said, was meant as an "admiring joke."

Nintendo's Response
For its part, Nintendo was not amused. Known for its Mario, Donkey Kong and Pokemon games and its GameCube and Game Boy machines, Nintendo is not engaged in merger talks with Microsoft nor is it interested, a company spokesman said.

(Read the entire article here: Microsoft In Play For Nintendo?)

There you have it folks. Gates seems to be interested or may have just been an "admiring joke." Nintendo isn't in any talks with Microsoft and shows no interest in merger talks. For those dreaming for a Pokemon game on XBox, keep dreaming, because Nintendo shows no interest to merge with Microsoft, even if Mr. Gates is seriously interested.

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 08-08-2004, 01:03 PM
art Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to art Send a message via MSN to art
Default Re: Microsoft Interested In Buying Nintendo?

there's too many insecurances to this story..
If it were so, It'd suck if microsoft would take over. if they atually started interfering with production and stuff that is, because if they'd just take the profits, nothing about nintendo would change.

miyavi is the hotness
Old 08-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

I just thought about about future games if Microsoft bought Nintendo..... it's not a pretty sight...... Microsoft is like a computer company... what would a computer company do wif a game company? And for some reason I've heard of Bill Gates somewhere... but I have no clue why....

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 08-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

I'd have mixed feelings if a takeover were to happen... I don't know... I'd be looking forward for a 3d Pokemon RPG on the computer ^^; but it just wouldn't feel the same... IDK.

Would he continue Nintendo's productions? Or wouold he interfer with their productions... art brought up a good point.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:41 PM
kirby9058 Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kirby9058 Send a message via AIM to kirby9058 Send a message via MSN to kirby9058 Send a message via Yahoo to kirby9058

Microsoft said it would buy nintendo if they were looking to sell. Nintendo is more about money, they care about the quality of their games and how people see their company, so I doubt they're going to sell. And if they do, it won't be any time soon, and if they do sell, who says they HAVE to sell to Microsoft? BUt I agree, if it did happen... ugh... not pretty.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:13 AM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

It would be nice to see Nintendo merge with Microsoft. Like Nintendo and Microsoft would be the head leaders in the one company. If they did merge, Nintendo still would have the GBA out and all of Nintendos classics would be on the X-Box.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:35 PM
JoshE Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to JoshE Send a message via Yahoo to JoshE

Bill Gates then would be in control of 2 out of the 3 most popular game systems. (Game Cube and XBOX) That means he could bring Pokemon to XBOX and make a killer amount of money. Yet I doubt that Nintendo will be sold to Microsoft. I just dont see Nintendo doing that.