Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon Main Boards Pokemon: Games Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Gastlygoo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Gastlygoo Send a message via MSN to Gastlygoo
Default Why so many legendaries?

Why is there soo many more legindaris????

thanks to Fire_and_Dissapear for the signature
name:nick
FC;1462 2789 8740
Old 03-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Blue_Dragon_Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via MSN to Blue_Dragon_Mew Send a message via Yahoo to Blue_Dragon_Mew
Default Re: Why so many legindaries

Don't know, there's like 20 or 30 legendaries in all now
Old 03-04-2007, 03:54 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Ummm... Who cares? Legendaries are cool and rare, so the more the merrier.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Espeon EX Offline

Send a message via MSN to Espeon EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastlygoo View Post
Well they are running out of ideas of normal pokemon and alot for legendaries maybe, we also have 4 generations, i know we have like 12 new ones, but hey, a few of them can never be found.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Pooka Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pooka Send a message via MSN to Pooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastlygoo View Post
I agree with you, I do think that now there are too many. 14 (or 15 can't remember) in Sinnoh is way too many. I also think it makes them less desirable.

When there was just 5 in Kanto that was perfect, I really don't see the need for anymore.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:00 PM
catch em all Offline
Elite Trainer

they made so may legenderies because u wanna be able to do something ater u beat the e4
Old 03-04-2007, 05:08 PM
BrassIttoTower Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon EX View Post
Well they are running out of ideas of normal pokemon and alot for legendaries maybe, we also have 4 generations, i know we have like 12 new ones, but hey, a few of them can never be found.
How many times do people have to say this? THEY ARE NOT RUNING OUT OF IDEAS. Legendaries are fantastical creatures with powers beyond there imagination, and if abything show off Game Freak's creativity. And have you looked outside today? Tons of animal's they haven't based off of, and I doubt Satoshi dosen't have an imagination. Did everyone go all "ZOMG, THERE RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS, LET"S SEND TTHEM OUR OWN!" when G/S/C came out? Maybe. But look what happened next gen, a whole new batch of pokemon. So just stop saying they've run out of ideas, because they havent. Just because a gen has pre-evo's and tons of imagnative legendaries, dosen't give tou the right to say they don't have a brain anymore.

But take notice that some of them (Aresus, Sheimi, Darkrai, Manaphy, ect..) can only be obtained through Nintendo events anyway.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Nikki the Mew Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nikki the Mew Send a message via MSN to Nikki the Mew

Okay, there are fourteen Legends. But if you think about it, there's less.

3 of those 14 can only be obtained through events. This is Aruseus, Sheimi, and Darkrai.

2 of those 14 can only be obtained if you have Pokemon Ranger. This would be Manaphy and its breeded counterpart Fione.

Three of those 14 can only be obtained after you recieve the National Dex. Now that's hard to do, considering you have to finish the Sinnoh Dex. This is Hiidoran, Giratina, and Kureseria.

1 is only obtainable with the 3 Regis on it. This would probably be trading or via Pal Park. And you can't do either until you get the National Dex. This would be Regigas.

Between Palkia and Dalgia, there is only one in each version. So that cuts one out too.

So that leaves, what..FOUR legends? And for the trio you have to defeat/catch Dialga or Palkia. It's not a big deal that there are 14, because you have to work extremely hard to get most!! And a few are even wanderers, which make it even harder. So people shouldn't be complaining about a lot of legends. They don't hurt anything. It's not like Nintendo slaps a legend title on a Pokemon and makes it easy to catch.

And I agree with Brass. Nintendo isn't running out of ideas, they're expanding their ideas. DP, even with the pretty bad evolutions, is one of the most revolutionary games I have ever seen.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Gastlygoo Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Gastlygoo Send a message via MSN to Gastlygoo

I'm not saying it's bad I'm just wondering why so many legindarys for one land like we don't have enough

thanks to Fire_and_Dissapear for the signature
name:nick
FC;1462 2789 8740
Old 03-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Dynamik Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dynamik Send a message via MSN to Dynamik Send a message via Skype™ to Dynamik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki the Mew View Post
Okay, there are fourteen Legends. But if you think about it, there's less.

3 of those 14 can only be obtained through events. This is Aruseus, Sheimi, and Darkrai.

2 of those 14 can only be obtained if you have Pokemon Ranger. This would be Manaphy and its breeded counterpart Fione.

Three of those 14 can only be obtained after you recieve the National Dex. Now that's hard to do, considering you have to finish the Sinnoh Dex. This is Hiidoran, Giratina, and Kureseria.

1 is only obtainable with the 3 Regis on it. This would probably be trading or via Pal Park. And you can't do either until you get the National Dex. This would be Regigas.

Between Palkia and Dalgia, there is only one in each version. So that cuts one out too.

So that leaves, what..FOUR legends? And for the trio you have to defeat/catch Dialga or Palkia. It's not a big deal that there are 14, because you have to work extremely hard to get most!! And a few are even wanderers, which make it even harder. So people shouldn't be complaining about a lot of legends. They don't hurt anything. It's not like Nintendo slaps a legend title on a Pokemon and makes it easy to catch.

And I agree with Brass. Nintendo isn't running out of ideas, they're expanding their ideas. DP, even with the pretty bad evolutions, is one of the most revolutionary games I have ever seen.
For the National dex, don't you only have to SEE all the Sinnoh dex pokemon?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back on topic:
We never said it was bad either. I'm saying that their making these pokemon so people would go to events more and since legendaries are popular, Game Freak would make millions from plushies and what not. Pokemon cards can get them thousands too.

Credit to FD!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Alienshroom Offline

I hate it, Legends are not really rare any more theres to many.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:13 AM
catch em all Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex 44566 View Post
I hate it, Legends are not really rare any more theres to many.
Some of them are good for battles so don't dis the legends
Old 03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Hoshika Offline

I think it's becuase they came up with so many legendaries to represent different things at once that they crammed them all into one little place. It would be nice to have legendaries that were less... alien-like. Just look at Giradina. @_@
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Lonsie Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lonsie
Default Re: Why so many legendaries?

I'll have to agree with Brass and Nikki, nothing is wrong here.

[ BFF ~ Draconic Espeon ]
URPG | Shizen no Senshi | VPP