Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:47 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu
Default Please pray for Steve Moore

Tonight the Colorado Avalanche played the Vancouver Canucks. The teams have what is the biggest rivalry in the NHL. In an earlier matchup this year one of the Avs, Steve Moore, gave a huge center ice check (a legal one) to the Canucks player Marcus Naslund. Naslund had a minor concussion and missed three games. But tonight, in the 3rd period, Canucks power forward Tood Bertuzzi struck back in the worst way. Moore wasn't paying attention (he was playing hockey and maybe awaiting a pass from a teammate), and Bertuzzi came up behind him, grabbed his jersey, and slammed him down head first into the ice. Moore then lay motionless as a pool of blood formed around his head.

He was then taken out on a stretcher. Moore didn't make one motion after he was hit. Now I, and many others are very worried about him. So I'm asking all of you to please pray for Steve Moore. He really needs your prayers. Thank you.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 03-09-2004, 07:25 PM
StarGirl Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to StarGirl Send a message via MSN to StarGirl
Default Re: Please pray for Steve Moore

*Puts on prayer list* Poor guy...
Old 03-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

Sorry if this question is kinda dumb, but did Bertuzzi do it on purpose? Because the recap of the game at nhl.com makes it sound like an accident... Still, I hope Bertuzzi gets what he deserves after his trial.

Anyways, I feel really sorry for Moore (even though I'm not a big Avalanche fan), and I hope he recovers just fine. =(
Old 03-09-2004, 10:51 PM
King Kangaskhan Offline
Master Trainer

I saw replays and it looked like no accident. He came up behind him, took him down, and slammed his face into the ice. I guess it was payback for what Moore did to Naslund, but that was a stupid way to do it. I feel bad for Moore and I hope he gets better and that Bertuzzi gets suspended and gets what he deserves.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

I didn't see it I was probaly watching DBZ GT reruns. But, I hope he gets better fast. He's a great player.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Ouch. I hope he does get better. Thats awful...
Old 03-10-2004, 01:40 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Pikachu
Ouch. I hope he does get better. Thats awful...
Yeah a injury like that and he could be diying as we post.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:01 AM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

=/ That's just awful... I'll be thinkin' about him and hoping for the best. I hope he's okay.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:15 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Well I heard that Moore has a concussion and a neck fracture, aa well as several lacerations on his face. It's hard to know if he will be able to fully recover right now. We just need to keep it in prayer. Here are a couple articles on it:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=75624
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=75668&hubName=nhl
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 03-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeikobu
Well I heard that Moore has a concussion and a neck fracture, aa well as several lacerations on his face. It's hard to know if he will be able to fully recover right now. We just need to keep it in prayer. Here are a couple articles on it:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=75624
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=75668&hubName=nhl
=(
That sounds pretty serious. Is he paralysed - you know, because of the neck fracture?
I hope he gets better!
Old 03-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Reign-of-Dreams Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Reign-of-Dreams Send a message via AIM to Reign-of-Dreams Send a message via MSN to Reign-of-Dreams Send a message via Yahoo to Reign-of-Dreams

I hope he gets better soon-nyo. ;_; I'm not someone who prayers, but I'll pray anyway-nyo. ^_^
Old 03-11-2004, 02:31 AM
masaki Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to masaki

Frick Bertuzzi. He'll get whats coming to him. As for Steve Moore I hope he gets better. I think Bertuzzi did it on perpose because it's hard to get checked so bad your head cracks. Accident...
Old 03-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Well, good news is Moore has no nerve damage and can move all of his limbs fine so hopefully he will be able to make a full recovery. Here's a good article: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...10&hubName=nhl

Old 03-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/03/206088.html

Here's what happened to Bertuzzi...
Old 03-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Well good for him .

I won't be on till 7 tonight so see ya.