Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector
Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Loser View Post
someone could also do a story about the end of the pokemon world. like armageddon or the day after tomorrow or something.
kinda lame, but it could work. unless it's been done before.. which it probably is
Mate, ever read Pokémon Master by Ace? That's basically what it's all about. And it's one of the best ever written Pokémon Fanfictions ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouseiken View Post
I like the sound of this. I remember, like a LONNNNNNNG time ago, like when I was 8 or 9, there WAS a 'Choose-Your-Own-Adventure' book for Pokemon. I remember the various endings had something to do with Ash fighting Gary with a new Pokemon he obtained on his trip, or ending up coming empty. There were also a few things that led to 'Nightmares'. I can't remember what it was called, and I doubt it even EXISTS anymore...

But anyways, yeah, this sounds good. And heh, you read Goosebumps too? It gave me exactly what the book is called, goosebumps..XD.
Lol...I remember those...they were fun.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 03-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post

Mate, ever read Pokémon Master by Ace? That's basically what it's all about. And it's one of the best ever written Pokémon Fanfictions ever.
Deathspector
I've never really cared for the way Pokemon Master was written :P. I think it was a little wooden...
I say if anyone has an idea for an end of the world fic they should go for it :). Pokemon Master might have been the first but I don't think it was the best really :P

Quote:
Then I will review your story when it comes out.

And yeah, hope you surprise me.
It is out, in fact it is up to five chapters now, just click the Fable banner

Quote:
Careful what you say to OF about vampires. She is the number one person when it comes to Pokémon vampires. Read Fable before you start complaining...
Awww, thank you *hugs* I try to do my best and really have true 1st pov. In the past vampires have ether been used in comdey fics in the fandom or in overly dramaic 'everyone in the world gets turned into vampires, even Ash' fics. And who can forget the 'Ash in the role of Buffy' crossover mixes
I hope to change all that, at least with a single story

Quote:
I like the sound of this. I remember, like a LONNNNNNNG time ago, like when I was 8 or 9, there WAS a 'Choose-Your-Own-Adventure' book for Pokemon. I remember the various endings had something to do with Ash fighting Gary with a new Pokemon he obtained on his trip, or ending up coming empty. There were also a few things that led to 'Nightmares'. I can't remember what it was called, and I doubt it even EXISTS anymore...

But anyways, yeah, this sounds good. And heh, you read Goosebumps too? It gave me exactly what the book is called, goosebumps..XD.
Thank you :). I see someone is already starting one, but it seemed to fall a little short and not be edited etc.
I hope to copy the CYOA books simple style so even the younger members can enjoy it here :).
I don't think I will use the anime characters, but the game characters is an idea. If it all goes well maybe I can make a series of them :).

The Goosebumbs ones were called 'Give Yourself Goosebumps', I loved them, most of all the vampire one ;)...
Edit: I was just researching them, and most of the books had fourteen endings, so that is what I will aim for...
Edit 2: How does 'Choose Your Own Journey' sound? *grins* *runs off with tons of ideas*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 03-05-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Seviper Blood Offline

I have a story idea; I've written out the plot, yet I need to know what specific events will happen in the story. It's a fantasy about wolves that have special abilities (compare to Pokemon only more limited). Sure, doesn't sound like the best idea, but I'm trying to work on it. I need the help and support of some of the good writers on the forum, 'cause this idea needs a lot of work.

xXx

Old and experienced elders often enjoy relating stories to young ones. In the same way, storytellers have been formed. Nearly every large wolf pack has a storyteller to pass on the famous legends in order to keep them alive. Lately, however, such tales have begun to fade away. What cubs grasped as fact was thrown away and claimed to be fiction, no more than a bedtime story. What the wolves do not know is that the legends are filled with truth...

This is where Hazumiko Windfalcon comes in. No more than a couple of years old, this she-wolf has long ago abandoned her family and now lives on as a lone wolf. She searches for tales and legends, starting up her own collection of magical stories in order to separate made-up theories from the truth. Eventually, she will head back to her small pack, when an especially interesting legend catches her ear.

Long ago, grand abilities were bestowed upon the wolves. The Great Deity took the magic of the Northern Lights, filling three chosen wolves with the colors of the sky, of the forest, and of the flame. Other wolves are given the strength to conjure up their Shadows into a solid form; they often live in the darkness where they are most powerful.

Hazumiko suddenly turns and runs south, her powerful spirit urging her to meet up with the pack. This group consists of four wolves: Ryo Shadecaster, a reserved orphan yearling; Sayuri Riverspell, his close friend; Masaru Windfalcon, Hazumiko's young brother; and Aiko Lightlotus, Masaru's cousin and constant companion. These four wolves live in reasonable harmony, unaware that they themselves are a part of the legend of the Northern Lights.

xXx

This is possibly a part of a trilogy; the first may be called the Legends' Lights, and the second the Legends' Heart; I have the second partially planned out, but not as much as the first. There are a few problems that I'm running into while I keep planning this story.

How to explain the legends/begin the journey: My extremely vague idea: Hazumiko meets up with them and rattles off the story of the Northern Lights and instantly drags them off with hopes that one of them may be one of the Light Wolves. However, the abruptness of it bothers me... I guess having one of them, probably Aiko, the young cub, interested in it could help it along, though. I need an exact reason why she comes to find them, but I don't know how to work it out without giving TOO much away.

The actual legends: The story revolves around the idea of...well...stories and how they are told. My thought first of all was to turn Hazumiko into somewhat of a storyteller who is very mature for her age. It's not extremely believable, though. If I had to have more than the Northern Lights legend, it would be one that had to do with the Shadow Wolves (which, believe it or not, aren't mortal enemies of the Light Wolves at all). I need to know how much is enough or too much, which also brings me to my next point.

The powers: As of now, there are two abilities: Light and Shadow. The Light Wolves are able to form seperate bodies made of light, as well as bending it into fiery or icy beams or waves. The Shadow Wolves can do much the same thing, but with Shadows, and their powers are more limited. I was going to have two Shadow Wolves, and three Light ones (as the legend states). I was wondering if I should add more unique abilities. As of now, four out of the seven main-ish characters have some power or another (Light or Shadow). This may be too much, but it's vital to the storyline that there are three Light Wolves, and the Shadow Wolves are an added bonus.

Confusing genres/too much romance: When I started to plan Legends' Light, it was going to be an action/adventure fanfic in which truth and power is sought out (that sounded weird). However, much of the plot relies on romance, meaning most of the tensions and explanation of certain rivalries. It brings in a character and ties everything together, as well as affecting the growth of a young wolf's mind. It's important, but I didn't want to go overboard. I also didn't want anything seem cliched.

Any PMs or anything helpful would be...well...helpful. I'll love you forever if you look at this for more than a second and actually help out. ...Unless you're a guy; then I'll be your friend forever if you look at this for more than a second and actually help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Random Kaze
I saw you in my dream. You were strangling someone in apparently a jealous fit in a theater after me and this other guy freaked out because there was a fish on screen.
Vote me and Kaze for Best Couple of the Month (if just to annoy her :D)
Old 03-11-2007, 10:39 PM
TVTMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Okay... I'm working on a new fic. Pretty standard comedy. I've got an annoyed director, a quirky janitor, an overexcitable schoolteacher, and her class, including the mischievous Jake and Owen Harls and nerdy Charlie Pensen. The class is participating in an immersion program, in which the class stays in a faraway town for a year... and the Pokémon and Human Recreation and Training Complex is going to lodge them. (It's like a pokémon YMCA) The director is Professor June Rewarde, and she hates the guts of the Harls. (Harls is same plural) Janitor's Pete Scaffold, who seems out of it and appreciative of the students. And there's Ms. Marina Yee, the giddy little schoolteacher. Who screams and faints from excitement a lot. I've already sort of started it, the unfinished first chapter is in the Pokemon: Fan Fiction section.

Back again for like the fifth sixth seventh time or something. Moving and taking classes at community college and beating all the Zelda games and arrrglblargl.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seviper Blood View Post
I have a story idea; I've written out the plot, yet I need to know what specific events will happen in the story. It's a fantasy about wolves that have special abilities (compare to Pokemon only more limited). Sure, doesn't sound like the best idea, but I'm trying to work on it. I need the help and support of some of the good writers on the forum, 'cause this idea needs a lot of work.
Holy crap, Ray... o_O Anyway, I luff wolfiness and pretty abilities-ness. XD I'll help you out however I can.

Quote:
How to explain the legends/begin the journey: My extremely vague idea: Hazumiko meets up with them and rattles off the story of the Northern Lights and instantly drags them off with hopes that one of them may be one of the Light Wolves. However, the abruptness of it bothers me... I guess having one of them, probably Aiko, the young cub, interested in it could help it along, though. I need an exact reason why she comes to find them, but I don't know how to work it out without giving TOO much away.
Hm. If there were descriptions of the chosen ones (perhaps in personalitiy, at least...?) then Hazumiko could assume that one of the descriptions matches one of the wolves. Also, you should probably explain how her brother and cousin met up with Ryo and Sayuri, okay? ^_^ Anyway, as far as whisking them off to figure things out...Aiko could be interested. It sounds right. It's the finding them part that has me confused. You could even go as far as, after the reunion, having Hazumiko lie about where they were going and why. She could fess up later after hot Ryo bites her. XD

Quote:
The actual legends: The story revolves around the idea of...well...stories and how they are told. My thought first of all was to turn Hazumiko into somewhat of a storyteller who is very mature for her age. It's not extremely believable, though. If I had to have more than the Northern Lights legend, it would be one that had to do with the Shadow Wolves (which, believe it or not, aren't mortal enemies of the Light Wolves at all). I need to know how much is enough or too much, which also brings me to my next point.
If you go along with the lying bit I mentioned before, the story could be related when Hazumiko feels guilty. It'd be easier if it was told form Hazumiko's point of view, but you already explained part of it at school. Anyway, the Shadow Wolves' and Light Wolves' legends could cross over somehow, I guess. Maybe some anti-Northern Light power thingy? XP

Quote:
The powers: As of now, there are two abilities: Light and Shadow. The Light Wolves are able to form seperate bodies made of light, as well as bending it into fiery or icy beams or waves. The Shadow Wolves can do much the same thing, but with Shadows, and their powers are more limited. I was going to have two Shadow Wolves, and three Light ones (as the legend states). I was wondering if I should add more unique abilities. As of now, four out of the seven main-ish characters have some power or another (Light or Shadow). This may be too much, but it's vital to the storyline that there are three Light Wolves, and the Shadow Wolves are an added bonus.
You're kind of confusing me here. You're saying that you already have two powers and a certain number of wolves who will have that power (three Light Wolves from the legend and two Shadow Wolves as a part of some side-plot), but you want to know if you should throw in another...? I'd say, probably not. Your readers will have to grasp the abilities you've thrown in already, first. Maybe you could introduce a second/third legend in (one of) the sequel(s)?

Quote:
Confusing genres/too much romance: When I started to plan Legends' Light, it was going to be an action/adventure fanfic in which truth and power is sought out (that sounded weird). However, much of the plot relies on romance, meaning most of the tensions and explanation of certain rivalries. It brings in a character and ties everything together, as well as affecting the growth of a young wolf's mind. It's important, but I didn't want to go overboard. I also didn't want anything seem cliched.
Avoiding cliches is always kind of hard unless you're a creative freak. XD At least, it's hard for me, but I usually don't care if I think I wrote it well...which is never, but... If you make the legend thing major, then you can have the romance-type conflicts/events screw everything up. XD I sort of did that in Shadow Mist/Sky with the Odd-Marigold-Nakkura thingy. I'm guessing Ryo and Sayuri...? Then again, you're a very ironic writer like I am, so something should go horribly wrong and prove me wrong.

Quote:
Any PMs or anything helpful would be...well...helpful. I'll love you forever if you look at this for more than a second and actually help out. ...Unless you're a guy; then I'll be your friend forever if you look at this for more than a second and actually help out.
I'll try to help you out at school, but you must love me forever. Hazumiko sounds almost like me. I'll try and help, 'kay, Ray? ('kay Ray...heh) *hugs*
Old 03-12-2007, 01:17 AM
TVTMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Err, chapter one finished. Any comments? Like, on the idea?

Back again for like the fifth sixth seventh time or something. Moving and taking classes at community college and beating all the Zelda games and arrrglblargl.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Meh, I have an idea for a fic I already started posting but stopped after chapter one because no one seems interested. I'll post the plot to see if there's anything I can do to improve it.

Broken Wings: Twelve year old Jodi Colins is on her way back to Kanto after visiting a relative in Johto when her plane comes down on a mountain. She, along with the handful of other survivors, must escape the burning wreckage and wait for help to come.

Days pass with no sign of rescue. Hunger sets in and many of the survivors are driven to extremes in an attempt to survive. Jodi, along with fifteen year old Rikka Anderson, sixteen year old Julian Parr, and four year old Miami Owens, decides to leave the group and set out on their own in search of civilization. Together they struggle against wild Pokemon who have never seen humans before, face hunger like none of them have ever known, discover distrust between each other, and find a baby Pidgey who has fallen from its nest called Hope. Trials and hardship press from all sides but they must get through them if they're to survive.

Meh, not a very good plot summary but you get the gist. ^^;
Ripped from my world and tossed into the role of savior, I can't decide what's harder, ending a war destined to leave this world in ruins or fighting against my longing for home. I hate this world, I love this world, but it isn't mine. Why must I save it? Faye

My Completed Fan Fictions
My Cause|An Innocent's Revenge
Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 AM
TVTMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Nice... reminds me of Lord of the Flies. The Pidgey wil be a nice twist, though.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:26 AM
Ryouseiken Offline
Elite Trainer

Well, I'm taking my sweet time with my Pokemon Ex: Hoenn fic, considering well...I want it to be good. But I had another idea too, one I'm going to try and do, involving Mystery Dungeon. Its pretty much a short and sweet, one chapter fanfic. Its like, Treecko or Snubbel finds Mile's (the name of the protagonist) journal, that has his thoughts and records of his journeys, as well as his feelings and admiration towards the others. I'm still unsure if I'm going to make the main pairing slash or not...eh...unsure. lol I might make two versions. XD

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

---Pokemon Ex: Hoenn---
Old 03-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Geh, I've really been wanting to get back to it, but I was wondering here actually like my fic Keepers of the Legends. Crossing Pokemon and One Piece over in a believable fashion ain't easy lol...

Also, I've been thinking about starting a Hellsing/Resident Evil crossover fic that's like a sister-thing to my RP of the same name, "From Out of the Shadows." I can't go into a deep plot right now, because of the fact that some who join might read this or the other way around, but basically, here it is (note that in some ways it'll be different from the RP, obviously):

Many years ago, the Umbrella Corporation had something stolen from them. A new type of bio weapon, one that would be the most powerful of them all, one to replace them all. Now, they want their creation back, and they'll stop at nothing to do it...

Enter the Hellsing Organization. For the past few weeks, floods of reports have come in about strange attacks and ever stranger creatures. What were once thought to be ghouls are now known to be mindless, shambling zombies. The monsters...well, who knows what they are? As things heat up and this strange "plague" spreads across the world, the Organization recieves word from an unknown source claiming to be a friend. This source tells them that in the States, they'll find someone who can help them. A young woman, who's fighting a one-woman battle against an entire country of zombies and demons as she tries to find her Mother.

However, it isn't just the Hellsing Organization that recieves this word, but also the secret service of the Vatican, Section XIII. The two send out their strongest members in a race against time to find the young woman, the Vampire Alucard and the Regenerator Priest Alexander Anderson. Neither of the know that the other is hot on the trail of this young woman, or that others will be joining them.

Enter one Leon Keneedy. He's already seen what Umbrella can do, and knows right away that what's going on is connected to them. However, when he runs into the target of Alucard and Anderson, he has no idea that he's about to get thrown right into the middle of things. Others, some who has borne witness to the horrors of Umbrella, and those who haven't, will also join this rag-tag group of beings struggling to save the world from certain doom...

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 03-27-2007 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
Geh, I've really been wanting to get back to it, but I was wondering here actually like my fic Keepers of the Legends. Crossing Pokemon and One Piece over in a believable fashion ain't easy lol...

Also, I've been thinking about starting a Hellsing/Resident Evil crossover fic that's like a sister-thing to my RP of the same name, "From Out of the Shadows." I can't go into a deep plot right now, because of the fact that some who join might read this or the other way around, but basically, here it is (note that in some ways it'll be different from the RP, obviously):

Many years ago, the Umbrella Corporation had something stolen from them. A new type of bio weapon, one that would be the most powerful of them all, one to replace them all. Now, they want their creation back, and they'll stop at nothing to do it...

Enter the Hellsing Organization. For the past few weeks, floods of reports have come in about strange attacks and ever stranger creatures. What were once thought to be ghouls are now known to be mindless, shambling zombies. The monsters...well, who knows what they are? As things heat up and this strange "plague" spreads across the world, the Organization recieves word from an unknown source claiming to be a friend. This source tells them that in the States, they'll find someone who can help them. A young woman, who's fighting a one-woman battle against an entire country of zombies and demons as she tries to find her Mother.

However, it isn't just the Hellsing Organization that recieves this word, but also the secret service of the Vatican, Section XIII. The two send out their strongest members in a race against time to find the young woman, the Vampire Alucard and the Regenerator Priest Alexander Anderson. Neither of the know that the other is hot on the trail of this young woman, or that others will be joining them.

Enter one Leon Keneedy. He's already seen what Umbrella can do, and knows right away that what's going on is connected to them. However, when he runs into the target of Alucard and Anderson, he has no idea that he's about to get thrown right into the middle of things. Others, some who has borne witness to the horrors of Umbrella, and those who haven't, will also join this rag-tag group of beings struggling to save the world from certain doom...
Followup of resident evil. Sounds good...

Though I didn't really like the original Resident evil... Zombies aren't that fun.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Loser View Post
Followup of resident evil. Sounds good...

Though I didn't really like the original Resident evil... Zombies aren't that fun.
Mwuahaha, I'll be bringing in Crimson Heads for sure, since this is an AU fic/RP. *Pictures blood-red zombies with huge claws charging at Alucard with screaming noises, and him blowing them to bits with his Jackal while Leon flames them with a Flamethower...* OMFG that'd be freaking sweet...Anyways, it won't be a follow-up, but a cross of RE and Hellsing, set in an AU (since, of course, neither Helling nor Umbrella exist in the other's respective world).

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 03-27-2007, 08:11 PM
ze_gobou Offline
Amateur Trainer

Hello !

Did I ever talk about my fic idea that would involve Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza ?

Well... my idea has changed once more. It should have taken place in the future, it will take place in a IRL-like Hoenn (towns and cities as big as ours, for example). One may think it's the future, of course.
The plot didn't change very much. let's find it back and paste it...

Quote:
The third part would take place in the future, in a future where there wouldn't be many wild pokemon left (and almost no wild places), there would be many towns etc.
Kyogre and Groudon battle again (do I need to say it ?), but this time it's because of a wild Pokemon (he wakes them up unintentionally but I don't really know how, for the moment). The humans easily manage to catch the titans with Master Balls, but it would be too easy to finish the story like that... so i got the idea of some wild pokemon stealing the balls, and setting the titans free in order to have the human civilisation destroyed... Kyogre and Groudon, of course, go out of control, and that's when Rayquaza comes... to save the world (how did you guess what I was gonna say ?). Rayquaza beats the titans, but then he realises the wild Pokemon are really threatened by the humans, and he starts destroying towns as well, until... well, I don't know how it would happen... until humans understand that it was a mistake to build everywhere, destroying the nature where pokemon live.
I posted it on page 1. I said about the setting, now let's talk about the other changes.
I finally got the idea about the Pokemon that wakes up the legendaries by accident, so that's not what I'm gonna talk about. My problem is... characters. As I recently got the idea of a realistic Pokemon world, I'd like to make teen characters who attend a school for Pokemon trainers, because you can't become a trainer at just 10, without knowing anything. But I don't manage to link the different plot points and... well, I need help.

My t-card, made by me. For the template, see this thread : http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=30270

Don't forget me, don't wait for me... Don't hate me, don't love me... Don't go, don't stay... Don't speak, don't be quiet... don't leave me, don't stay with me in the darkness... just... don't...
Old 04-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Light Manaphy Offline

here's my idea:

Jigglypuff and Ganondorf are members of an alliance called the Super Star Brothers. The plot takes place in random Super Smash Brothers worlds and many characters are from Super Smash Brothers. Ganondorf is the leader and Jigglypuff is just the servant. Later in the series, Jigglypuff gets a beam sword, a mask, and a gangster outfit and is called Luke by Ganondorf. The two guys are really a tough alliance. There's just one problem...

...they're both idiots xD. Yep. Both of them. Mainly Ganondorf for some unknown reason. I also made the Jiggster a real tyrant, lemme tell ya. Sometimes, they have a few problems and end up having horrible life experiences such as a terrible bond with Ganondorf and a computer and Jigglypuff and some enchiladas. The whole story is just not understandable sometimes, but there's alot of action involved.

rate and comment. And read it by clicking the link in my sig.

:~Paired with DarkSalamence~: :~Big Brother of: KFC and stardyab~: :VPP Status:
Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 PM
ze_gobou Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well... hope you like criticism ^^

My t-card, made by me. For the template, see this thread : http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=30270

Don't forget me, don't wait for me... Don't hate me, don't love me... Don't go, don't stay... Don't speak, don't be quiet... don't leave me, don't stay with me in the darkness... just... don't...