Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
Originally Posted by The shiny hunter View Post
Thanks for the motivation, I am gonna start writing my story now! =D
It is no trouble, talking about writing is my favorite thing to do :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 11-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Giratina Offline

@Venonat: YAY NEW JERSEY! Sounds like a cool idea to me.

Whoops! Forgot about this thread. ^^

The basic idea is, a boy named Rodney and his Grumpig Tristan (name subject to change) wander off to nearby Lake Verity, where they meet this kid named X. Rodney questions his name, and it turns out X was X from birth. So they get into a fun little chat about Unown, but then a girl comes in with an Arcanine. She shouts at X, and drags Rodney and Tristan off into the forest.

As it turns out, X is one of the Unown, disguising himself as a human in order to dodge suspicion. He plans to reawaken Dot Dot Dot and Perios (so original!) and throw the world into eternal chaos in some way or another (DDD and Perios are very large Unown, by the way.) The girl, Julia, is also an Unown, and is leading a rebellion to stop X, as she knows it will throw the world into eternal chaos in some way or another. As it turns out, all of the Unown have been sent in Pokémon and human varieties either to stop X or join him. (Still wondering about what X's name should be. Should it start with an E or something? That's what I did with ! and ?. Also, I'm wondering whether to make Tristan an Unown or not. Probably not.)

I will do this after I finish TGK, probably. I like to make up random plots while I'm in the middle of other ones. xD And yes, I like to write bizarre stories involving Legends doing evil stuffs.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 11-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

The thing is, if you are a pokemon hiding as a human why keep your pokemon name? It seems a little bit easy to figure out...That and why become a human at all? I would think being a human would actually hurt your powers rather than help them, to say nothing about human beings next to pokemon not really being that great to began with.
Why not just have a war as themselves and not even be bothered with humans or other pokemon types ? After all once Unown want to do something it is not as if humans or other pokemon could really stop them if they kept everything secret like their kind has a habit of doing already...There is no need to hide from suspicion if you don't even come into contact with humans or other pokemon directly but rather hold your battle on a scale that eats away at things on such a basic background level that by the time they notice anything it is too late and/or the world is saved ;). But that is just my two cents on the matter :).

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 11-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Giratina Offline

X needs to be a human because being a little blob with an eye isn't quite as effective as having the ability to punch and kick and not try to be captured by every unknowing Unown/Trainer they met as well as some of your powers (I personally thought that X and Julia would keep some of the powers they had as Unown, hence making them the superiors - matriarch and patriarch, if you will. Only those two, though; Rodney can communicate with Tristan through Psychic Pokémon connection, without speaking.)

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 11-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
X needs to be a human because being a little blob with an eye isn't quite as effective as having the ability to punch and kick and not try to be captured by every unknowing Unown/Trainer they met as well as some of your powers (I personally thought that X and Julia would keep some of the powers they had as Unown, hence making them the superiors - matriarch and patriarch, if you will. Only those two, though; Rodney can communicate with Tristan through Psychic Pokémon connection, without speaking.)
Still, if all you know is being an Unknown and have mastered your powers in that form why would any unknown want to change their body into something totally alien to them and have to learn things all over again (or in a worst case, lose most of your powers)? Why not just have the battle in you own forms in your own world and watch all the humans look on helplessly as they have no clue what is going on ;)? If they can punch and kick or have pokeballs makes no difference if they can never find you to attack you after all..To say nothing about how effective unseen Unowns' powers have been shown to be against humans to start with...

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 11-02-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Giratina Offline

While you do have a point there, Unown are not 'totally alien' to human form. They're Legendaries, and I generally would assume that they were observing us for a very, very long time.

And they're in the human world because I'm considering having Perios and Dot Dot Dot at the bottom of Lake Verity, Lake Acuity, or Lake Valor with the respective floaty thing set there to keep it under lock and key. But that's never stopped a villain before, has it? ;3 Whichever Floatything wasn't at a Lake to protect the 'final' resting places was probably guarding the method of getting to the things in the first place - it will probably be Mesprit guarding that, Uxie guarding Perios, and Azelf guarding Dot Dot Dot. xP

Also, they just lose te power of self-levitation. They can still use MAD PSYCHIC POWAHS or something along those lines, but levitating themselves would attract unwanted attention. Plus, levitating a blob that's hardly a pound is way easier and less tiring than levitating a teenage human.

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 11-02-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666

Lucario, a pokemon hero respected by all and hated by all evil Pokemon, was killed by a team made up of a Weavile, Dusknoir, and Toxicroak, calling themselves Team NightShade, and who follow their powerful leader, Darkrai, the master of nightmares. When the guardian of Pokemon Island, all of the known world, is gone, nobody is in Darkrai's way when he devises a way to rule all worlds. He was locked away in the Dark World long ago to prevent his evil from overrunning the world, but he still manages to launch his diabolical schemes, even if he's locked away in this dark realm. The Pokemon who governs this place, Giratina, has not been heard from since Darkrai began his dark plot. Team NightShade continues to lead Darkrai's army on Pokemon Island while he continues to utilize his terrible machine to submerge the Pokemon world into darkness.

What this machine does exactly is infect worlds with darkness, continue swallowing pieces of the world, until it is completely gone. The world is then converted into energy, along with all of it's inhabitants, and are stored for Darkrai's own use. The fine line between the Dark World and the Pokemon World is dissolving, and if it is broken, Darkrai will have access to all other worlds, and destroy any possible threat to his plan, but for now, Team NightShade is his hired arm. Far away from this madness however, on the southern most part of the island lies the Root Village, where a young Treecko named Grovyle named Rugi lives. He doesn't know it, but an uncertain future awaits him. He will take flight and rise to fight this new enemy. Will he succeed where the greatest hero who history has ever known failed?

POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON: GREEN RESCUE TEAM

Coming to a Pokemon forum near you!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:28 PM
BlueFang Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Can someone please throw me an idea which:

- isn't pokemon
- preferably with human main characters
-that i can use as a manga and as a story?

this would be much appreciated, since I want to do something creative and the manga which i used to be working on is lost and no-one particularly likes it. I've run out of ideas.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Black Dragonite Offline

Send a message via AIM to Black Dragonite Send a message via MSN to Black Dragonite

Hmm.. it's rare that I pop in here anymore! Sadly..

But I've been reading The Trial of Juno and I've been inspired to attempt a story of my own. Here's the idea.

I (first person view) am a Team Rocket Agent, sent on a mission to acquire intel from Silph Co. (sup r/b/y) regarding the creation of the only manmade Pokemon - Porygon. But along the way, despite having delivered the info to Team Rocket, I am kidnapped by the KCF (Kanto Crime Force) and force-fed the truth of my ways. After finally being converted to being a KCF Troop, I am sent back into the Rocket organization as a double agent with the mission to acquire as much info as a I can about Team Rocket, along with reacquiring the Porygon intel.

As straightforward as this mission sounds though, being thrown back into the hands of Team Rocket has reignited a fire inside me, and now I must battle with myself over which side to truly join.

It seems confusing right now, I know, but I thought with some polishing, it can be an original idea that has potential. What does everyone else think? Opinions please! :)

Scyther
Hatch: 25
Scizor: 130
Level 100: 310
Old 12-19-2008, 03:49 AM
TreeckoFan Offline

My idea, nobody steal it...

Short Description:
There are three kids; Marr Elco, Crystal Embonne, and Leonardo Dimn. One day at Marr's house they hear noises in his father's room. They all find a strange creature in it. His name is Zan, one of the "Chosen Ones." He quickly explains to them that they are all Chosen Ones to, and he gets them teleported another dimension (There are tons of dimensions here). In this dimension is the three highest powererd things/aliens in the universe, known as "The Council". They explain to them that they are chosen. Marr askes some questions, the Council tells them the history of what had happened, and tells them about the evil guy named "Shadow Master." He is being driven by the power of evil, and he spreads darkness beings where ever he goes. If they destroy all of the Masters of Shadows that Shadow Master had made, he will become weak and they will have a chance to kill him.

Please tell me what you think and ask some questions if you need to.

Last edited by TreeckoFan; 01-14-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Giratina Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeckoFan View Post
My idea, nobody steal it...

Short Description:
There are three kids; Marr Elco, Crystal Embonne, and Leonardo Dimn. One day at Marr's house they hear noises in his father's room. They all find a strange creature in it. His name is Zan, one of the "Chosen Ones." He quickly explains to them that they are all Chosen Ones to, and he gets them teleported another dimension (There are tons of dimensions here). In this dimension is the three highest powererd things/aliens in the universe, known as "The Council". They explain to them that they are chosen. Marr askes some questions, the Council tells them the history of what had happened, and tells them about the evil guy named "Shadow Master." He is being driven by the power of evil, and he spreads darkness beings where ever he goes. If they destroy a lot of the darkness beings, he will notice and will stop and wait for them to come, so he can destroy them.

Please tell me what you think and ask some questions if you need to.
Judging from the information you gave, one of the more arrogant young Chosen Ones is probably going to vow to defeat the Shadow Master and take his two friends into it. Is this the main plotline of the story?

(vpp da)
Old 12-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

Here's my idea for another story, that I hope will have sequels, but I need feed back on the plot right now.

During the beginning of the world, there were two Gods. There was Jaden, God of Chaos and War, and there was Arcana, Goddess of Time and Peace. Together, the two Gods began making mankind. Eventually, mankind gained emotions, and sided with either God. This eventually sparked a war, that the Gods themselves could not end. The Gods then came up with two weapons, formed out of the soul. Jaden created the Blade of Jaden, a long sword that could control darkness and light through the use of Spirit Energy. Arcana created a close range weapon known as the Arc. The Arc is a like a glove with golden spikes formed on it. It looks basically like a golden claw, that can be used to cut through elements, and even time, through the use of spirit energy.

The two Gods gave these weapons to humans that were truly pure. It would then be up to them to stop the war. The two humans delivered on their half, and stopped the war. They were promised every desire. With everything they wanted, the two humans had nothing to do but argue, and the only thing they had to argue about is who was stronger. The two humans began dueling to find the answer. Eventually, it was realized that both of them were evenly matched. With nothing else they could do, the human with the arc gathered up all the energy he had left, and cut a rift into the sky. The other human was sucked in, and teleported to the other side of the world. The human with the Arc, believed he was the victor and began a family, centered around the Arc. The human with the Blade did the same.

Millions of years later, the two humans have died and the weapons have been passed down from generation to generation. The weapons have been used by only those who are considered to pure, and to ensure that, the clans only consist of four different families. The human who willed the Arc's family was supposed to have a boy that was going to use the Arc, however, he was murdered by someone in the clan. For that reason, the Arc would have to go to another family. This disrupted the pattern of how the Arc was passed down. The people of the clan believed that this would result in the destruction of the clan, since the Arc has been lost. That would mean that someone who is impure would find it, and that would bring upon the downfall of the clan, and the downfall of the clan would mean the end of the world, unless the impure one can save the clan.

Now the impure one who will be the main character has the Arc, and must either save the world, or destroy the clans and that's basically the plot.

Click it if you want to read
Old 01-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Ryouseiken Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Its been a few weeks since the events of MD2, and things are just beginning to settle down. However if you combine the upcoming dark forces rising along with Mile's gradually building depression from losing his best friend Grovyle, you get a very tough fight ahead. Will Team Forest be able to thwart the world ending once more?
Basically this is a Mystery Dungeon 2 fic, as I am a huge fan of the Mystery Dungeon spin-off series. The characters and team name is as followed:

Team Forest
-Player: Mile (Cyndaquil)
-Partner: Treecko

I haven't planned it all out yet, though I can confirm a lot of the game's characters will return, along with a really popular one. Legendaries that will be confirmed in appearing as Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Celebi, and most crucially, Jirachi. :) After-all you can't have a good Mystery Dungeon fic without involving at least ONE legendary pokemon.

The genre will be Action/Adventure along with plenty of comedy and something else. Aha. I don't want to spoil, but I hope this is enough to go on. And hopefully if I 'do' do this, I won't become a lazy butt.

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

---Pokemon Ex: Hoenn---
Old 01-13-2009, 12:17 AM
TreeckoFan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Judging from the information you gave, one of the more arrogant young Chosen Ones is probably going to vow to defeat the Shadow Master and take his two friends into it. Is this the main plotline of the story?
Being that there was no way to get home, they all accept the quest. The kid named Marr is the main character and he sees the destruction and chaos that Shadow Master is causing from the different dimensions he goes through. He will gain some allies from different worlds, and during most of the quest Marr, Crystal and, Leo need to split up into different dimensions. So no, he doesn't vow to defeat him or drag his two friends into it. And yes, this is the story line, need any more info about it?

Any more questions?
Old 01-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Sheepat Offline

Well, I'm doing a medieval story. Think I should?

Two sides are at war. One Tamita, lead by King Scales, a Dragonite, the other Marla, lead by Scales' brother, Hype. A Piplup named Pail receives a vision that he must save one of Tamita's commanders, Malix the Gallade, and must stop the war, or both sides will be destroyed.

How did the war start? Tamita accused Marla of raiding a large supplement wagon from a neighboring kingdom. The supplement to the kingdom only came once a year, and was vital to Tamita. Tamita invaded, only to find that all the cargo had been eaten or used. Enraged by his brother's theft, and needing the supplies, Scales declared war.

Why did the Marlans raid the wagon? As it had turned out, Marla was forced to recover supplies from a treacherous war that had many casualties. When Hype learned of the supplement wagon going to Tamita, he decided to raid it. The Dragonite did not know that this would spark war.

That's the story line, with a few answers, anything else?