Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator
Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage12 View Post
I sort have an idea, but I don't know if I'm going to do it.

Basically, it's about Ivry. She's twenty something years old, and now works for the Sinnoh Police Force. They've recently found out that Sinnoh's presidents son has gone missing, As it turns out, his son has traveled to the unpopulated Johto Region to compete in illegal Pokemon races. Ivry, being one of the best, was sent to Johto to fish him out of the lifestyle. Ivry soon becomes addicted to racing, and looses sight of her mission. Eventually, she becomes so great at it that she never looses. The people who run the races quickly become furious as she is taking all their money. The leaders realize that they must get rid of her, but since she's addicted, they're going to have to kill her. Ivry realizes that she is going to be killed, and quits racing. The leaders don't care and isist on killing her. She realizes that she hasn't finished her mission, and must retrieve the President's son, and then leave the region. The leaders eventually catch on, and now, Ivry must track them down in order to save the President's son.
I don't think I've ever seen a Pokemon story involving illegal racing; great kudos to you for originality! The only issue I have is with the leaders continuing their efforts to try and kill her even after she quits; it doesn't seem like they'd have much of a reason to keep going after her if she's quit...unless they're afraid she'll just start right back up again after she lays low. Hmm. A great idea overall. =D

Anyway, I have a non-Pokemon story idea about a world, with medieval technology, and almost exactly the same as our world was at that time. But the discovery of a strange, conjurable, malleable matter known as the Bloody Shadow for its black-and-red coloring is set to change the primitive technology of the world. However, needless paranoia over its sinister appearance and the fact that one can also summon intelligent creatures lead to the rise of a guild known as the Dawn Warriors. They easily pressure the monarchy into banning the strange substance.

But a cult formed soon afterwards. Originally founded to study the Bloody Shadow, the Bleeding Twilight quickly began to form a fanatical religion around it instead, whose disgusting practices included human sacrifice and immediate death to any who disagreed with their religion. A young woman, eighteen years old and with the name Azali, is part of this cult but has become more and more disgusted with it since two years ago; she received a "Living Shadow", one of the creatures made completely out of the Bloody Shadow, but in return for the blessing the cult sacrificed her mother. She finally leaves, seeking to divulge the Bleeding Twilight's whereabouts to the Dawn Warriors in the ultimate act of revenge. It seems a simple enough task, but nothing is ever simple...
Old 07-31-2008, 05:21 AM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

That sound interesting. I'd probably read it if you posted it, and I think you should. It sounds like it would be sort of violent, and if it's violent, I'll really read it.

Oh, and they keep chasing her because she's still in the region, and they think she's going to get back into racing after she changes her identity and such.

Click it if you want to read
Old 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Master_of_Munch Offline
Elite Trainer

Maybe it's already been done, but what does everyone think of a Halo fanfic? It would focus around Spartan-31, Adam, and Team Seercry. I don't have much more planning in than that, but it leaves a lot of openings, and I think me, or maybe someone else, could make something good out of it.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:48 PM
shadow6567 Offline

i have an idea for a fan fic:okay,this takes place in a world with four areas:the water,fire,ice,and forest regions.There are mythical creatures roaming the land (dragons,elfs).The technology is sorta like halo,lord of the rings,and star wars with magic (theres only a handful of people that can use it).Now there at war with these alien-like creatures from another deimension.When commander isamu (japenese name for warrior) has lost the final fort in the ice region and he is about to jump on a rescue ship when he remembers the Book of the Begining,a sacred artifact with power to destroy the world,is inside.He is about to go back when the last troop that survived the aliens sets off a bomb,forcing isamu to jump on,leaving the book to sink into the snow,waiting for someone to come and get it.

After that,it goes on to daniel who teams up with a girl elf from a tribe in the fire region
Old 08-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

I have this idea for a PMD fan-fic but I'm not completely sure if it would be a hit, what do you think of this idea?:

In a world inhabitated only by Pokemon, destruction draws near. Evil doers and criminal Pokemon have been causing tragedy on the lands and something must be done about it. Chief Charles (Blaziken), has had trouble with these criminals but in his most recent injury he is unable to continue his duty so he gives the duty to his son Marcus (Combusken). His son, aided by the two officers Charles sent, must go find Jirachi and wish for the Hero told in the legends to come.

There is a legend that a human would be transformed into a human and would banish the darkness forever but the Hero hasn't shown yet so Marcus with the two officers must ascend Mt. Twilight to wish for the Hero to arrive. Some had tried to wish the darkness away but for some strange reason it wouldn't work. Will Marcus be able to reach Twilight's peak or will evil Pokemon stand in his way? Will this Hero told in the legends come and help banish the darkness? Read to find out...
Old 08-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holumanto View Post
I have this idea for a PMD fan-fic but I'm not completely sure if it would be a hit, what do you think of this idea?:

In a world inhabitated only by Pokemon, destruction draws near. Evil doers and criminal Pokemon have been causing tragedy on the lands and something must be done about it. Chief Charles (Blaziken), has had trouble with these criminals but in his most recent injury he is unable to continue his duty so he gives the duty to his son Marcus (Combusken). His son, aided by the two officers Charles sent, must go find Jirachi and wish for the Hero told in the legends to come.

There is a legend that a human would be transformed into a human and would banish the darkness forever but the Hero hasn't shown yet so Marcus with the two officers must ascend Mt. Twilight to wish for the Hero to arrive. Some had tried to wish the darkness away but for some strange reason it wouldn't work. Will Marcus be able to reach Twilight's peak or will evil Pokemon stand in his way? Will this Hero told in the legends come and help banish the darkness? Read to find out...
Human transforms into POKEMON, you mean.

Sounds good, but also kind of short. Then agaiin, short isn't always a bad thing. ;3
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:54 AM
Holumanto Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
Human transforms into POKEMON, you mean.

Sounds good, but also kind of short. Then agaiin, short isn't always a bad thing. ;3
Yeah it's a PMD story, but there will be an extremely long storyline concerning Marcus, Charles, the Hero and many more characters.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:26 AM
Beyourownhero Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beyourownhero Send a message via MSN to Beyourownhero

This is actually my first fan fic which started as a book I wrote for a contest in 8th grade(which was like 6 months ago).

Im just gonna list the specifics:

Characters:

Zane- 16 year old high school student. His whole life changed when he witnessed his parents death at the age of 6 on his hometown island of Destiny Island. He has a twin brother named Axl. Zane can call out a carbon colored sword by stating its name.
He also has an ability he can only use, which is to fuse his own sword with another specific sword to form the ultimate weapon(not it's name though).

Axl- 16 year old high school student like Zane. He is Zane's twin and is younger by 2 minutes. He likes studying instead of fighting unlike his brother. He too witnessed that same bloody scene. He has the same ability as Zane.

Sam- See Axl and Zane. He's Zane's closest friend. Sam never leaves Zane to fight alone unless requested. Sam has the same special ability as Zane.

Krystal- See Axl and Zane. She has some strange energy that makes Zane freak out. She resembles some one from Zane's dark past. Same ability as Zane.

Gin- 17 years old. He is the school's pervert. >.> He heads up the news paper club with Tsukune Aono.

Tsukune- 16 years old. Helps Gin with the news paper club. He gives Zane help full advice. He hangs out with Kurumu and Moka.

Moka- 16 years old. She's a vampire and she loves hanging out with Zane, Axl, and Tsukune. She has immense power but its locked away.

Kurumu- 16 years old. She's um... how can I say this without the mods getting all over me... uber sexy UPPER body. She's not to bright.

Zanex- Zane's evil side. He takes control of Zane at one point then breaks free into a body of his own.

Organization XIII- Also known as the Indie Tribe. They have a fourteenth member that has ties with Zane. They can give people the Indie Force, the power to take on the looks of that member and powers, in the form of a glowing insignia on the palm of that person.

Summary:

Zane gets tangled up with the Organization at the age of 14 and has to stop there evil plot to destroy the earth using the power of their Indie Spirit. But in all the chaos, a shady man controls them as he attempts to take destroy time and space as he attempts to kill Zane, Axl, and Sam. Zane loses control of Zanex and ends up doing he something he regrets.

I'm not gonna give away any more of the plot away as it's actually pretty good from what my high school English teachers told me at my awards ceremony.

Click for info on me~
Old 08-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Grsspkmnmaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Grsspkmnmaster

I have an idea for a non-pokemon related story. This is my first attempt to write a fan-fiction, so please, no flaming, but I do need a little help. I'm sorry if this sounds a lot like Spiderman, but I can't get any better... if someone could help me via PM?

Its about a kid who has a normal life. It is the year 2050, and technology qhas now made it posible to experiment with a form of liiquid metal that has organic properties. In non-tech jargon, this means that there is liquid metal that can think for itself. The kid takes a class tour to the labs where the metal is being worked with, on the day where two droplets have gained the emotion of courage and want to be out of the test tubes and want to get out of the lab. They hitch onto the kid for a ride, and in return, they give him control over them. They can turn into any simpe metal object (knives swords, rings, etc) and they give him the power where he can tell them what to form into by thought. However, the drawback is that the larger the object gets, the more brittle and liable it is to breaking, though this doesn't harm the droplets. From there, he discovers his power, and has to keep it a complete secret from the world in his high school years as he tries to go through life. No, no villains are going to jump out in Spandex, but he'll have to deal with bullies, crushes, sports, homework, etc. He only uses his powers when he's alone, and he doesn't know what to do with them.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsspkmnmaster View Post
I have an idea for a non-pokemon related story. This is my first attempt to write a fan-fiction, so please, no flaming, but I do need a little help. I'm sorry if this sounds a lot like Spiderman, but I can't get any better... if someone could help me via PM?

Its about a kid who has a normal life. It is the year 2050, and technology qhas now made it posible to experiment with a form of liiquid metal that has organic properties. In non-tech jargon, this means that there is liquid metal that can think for itself. The kid takes a class tour to the labs where the metal is being worked with, on the day where two droplets have gained the emotion of courage and want to be out of the test tubes and want to get out of the lab. They hitch onto the kid for a ride, and in return, they give him control over them. They can turn into any simpe metal object (knives swords, rings, etc) and they give him the power where he can tell them what to form into by thought. However, the drawback is that the larger the object gets, the more brittle and liable it is to breaking, though this doesn't harm the droplets. From there, he discovers his power, and has to keep it a complete secret from the world in his high school years as he tries to go through life. No, no villains are going to jump out in Spandex, but he'll have to deal with bullies, crushes, sports, homework, etc. He only uses his powers when he's alone, and he doesn't know what to do with them.
That actually sounds like a very nice idea. ^_^
I like it.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Grsspkmnmaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Grsspkmnmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Thunder View Post
That actually sounds like a very nice idea. ^_^
I like it.
really?

Old 08-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsspkmnmaster View Post
really?
Yeah, I'm attracted to the plot. Seriously.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Scourge of Amaranth Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scourge of Amaranth

So. I am the cowriter of a lovely little in-progress piece my lovely author and I like to call 'Mors Vincit Omnia'.

This is, in the simplest of words, a Death Note fanfiction that was horribly mutilated by boredom combined with math class (never apply this conglomeration to an artistic, obsessed mind--the results always go... BOOM).

The basic idea: Light never picked up the Death Note (don't turn away from that there; it's not a random OC that subsequently meets and falls in love with L) Oh, no. It was Mikami that found it. He acted similarly to Light... but, as things usually go when dealing with the lesser intelligent, something went wrong. Horribly, laughably wrong. Mikami failed. The entire world as we know it was obliterated as a man revealed secrets better left unkept and a new being stepped in to fill Kira's shoes. An entire war began as the Second Kira erected a fortress in the Siberian snow and began assaulting various locations across the globe, stating that only those who followed and supported Kira would be allowed to live. To the smartest involved, something seems out of place--there is an unknown variable manipulating the facts.

The story starts four years after the Death Note was picked up by Mikami and will focus primarily on a young, uninspired soon-to-be-involuntarily-shipped-off-as-a soldier (our dearest Light, much changed by the war) who has nothing to prove. He has little to live for, nothing to die for, and no one to fight for. In addition, the decisions, mistakes, and interferences that led the world to this point will be revealed throughout.

There will be enough background to involve those who haven't read the original Death Note series....

Questions? Props? Pointers? Worries? I know the plot sounds rather lame and unoriginal as is, but, heh, that's because the plot looks lame and unoriginal (not to mention alot simpler :/) when it's not accompanied with all of the little important tidbits. I'd really like to know what people think when they come upon such a plot. It's still very much in the works, and it's nice to be able to have a little foresight in various aspects of writing....

~IGC t DM+

EmBreon is the maple syrup to my slightly undercooked crepe
{URPG Stats}--{ASB Stats}--{Fanfiction}
khajmer = biffle
yoface = broham

thegalleonman: (8:37:28 PM) How sad.
thegalleonman: (8:37:37 PM) I'm amused.

Last edited by Scourge of Amaranth; 08-19-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:32 AM
newblue Offline
Experienced Trainer

I've been planning a fic, and I finnally came up with an idea I like, but an idea is judged as good or bad by the readers, not the writer.

Kyogre is the 'King of the Sea', and Manaphy is the 'Prince of the Sea'. If Kyogre dies, Manaphy becomes 'King of the Sea'. If Manaphy dies, or takes over Kyogre's position, Phione takes Manaphy's position. So, after discovering this, the remnants of Team Aqua formulated a plan to give the powers assossiated to the 'King of the Sea' to Phione, and take advantage of its inexperience with humans to control it like a puppet, while giving it the illusion of free will.

So, the main character has to make Phione believe that they're really the bad guys, and save it from their clutches.

If the second part, sounds pretty vague, thats because I still need to find a compelling reason to make him want to save Phione, to motivate him enough to feel he needs to save Phione. Yeah, it does have a few plot holes, like Team Aqua having the power, and being willing to kill both Manaphy and Kyogre.

Is my idea good, original, overused, or bad? Or a combination? Oh, and thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me!

Like this for instance.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Aqua059 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holumanto View Post

Points for originality. I don't think I've ever seen a multi-chaptered PMD fic that doesn't center on the human-turned-Pokemon. Go for it, and PM me when you do - I'll gladly review it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newblue View Post
I've been planning a fic, and I finnally came up with an idea I like, but an idea is judged as good or bad by the readers, not the writer.

Kyogre is the 'King of the Sea', and Manaphy is the 'Prince of the Sea'. If Kyogre dies, Manaphy becomes 'King of the Sea'. If Manaphy dies, or takes over Kyogre's position, Phione takes Manaphy's position. So, after discovering this, the remnants of Team Aqua formulated a plan to give the powers assossiated to the 'King of the Sea' to Phione, and take advantage of its inexperience with humans to control it like a puppet, while giving it the illusion of free will.

So, the main character has to make Phione believe that they're really the bad guys, and save it from their clutches.

If the second part, sounds pretty vague, thats because I still need to find a compelling reason to make him want to save Phione, to motivate him enough to feel he needs to save Phione. Yeah, it does have a few plot holes, like Team Aqua having the power, and being willing to kill both Manaphy and Kyogre.

Is my idea good, original, overused, or bad? Or a combination? Oh, and thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me!
Original. Definitely original. You can get around the plotholes with some good, old-fashioned intricacy...invent loopholes, like Manaphy taking the position if Kyogre goes into hibernation. I'll review, if you'd like...

Heck, I'll review anyone's new fic. Just wing me a PM when you do so.

So I has an idea as well. See, I have this author-verse humorfic, with my online self (Aqua) and her Delta Species muses, as well as some other authors' characters. In a flash of inspiration, I decided to turn the totally not-serious collection of crazy oneshots into a slightly-more-serious series about Aqua and her posse...but there's a catch.

See, Aqua lives in a world based on the TCG.

Some of the ideas reek of Digimon Tamers (it might reek of Yu-Gi-Oh! too, but I can't be sure), but I swear to Arceus I was attempting to be original while designing it.

In this world, something called Energy exists in all objects, but is more concentrated in some areas than others. Pokemon are created when animals absorb Energy into their bodies and are assimilated by it, becoming elemental. An invention called an enconn captures and stores Pokemon and Energy, as well as other Energy-charged objects and programs that alter Energy on the battlefield.

Aqua's father is a scientist working for a company called TrainerPro that produces enconns and enconn plug-ins. When he discovers a mutational Energy type called Holon Energy, the first thing TrainerPro does is tell him to find a beta-tester for it. Aqua is given a prototype enconn and a Delta Species Growlithe puppy (the end result of one of her father's Holon Energy experiments) and sent out on a journey. The plot moves on from there, eventually gaining a villian and such.

So...thoughts?