Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:28 PM
LimeGreen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurne View Post
Shoot. I misread it, sorry. My bad. xD

Sadly, I wish I could help you. But it sounds a little out of my genre, with the whole clones thing. The only thing I might add if I were you is some draw-backs to the clones' powers. As of now it sounds a little one-sided. That, and it might make it more interesting to see what kind of side-effects you can come up with. :P

I don't want to be the rain on your parade, but the Evee thing has been done already. So hasn't the human-finds-injured-Pokemon. The two together makes it kinda worse. >.>;

The father being kidnapped is good though. D:
Has a bom hurting the Pokemon been done?
Old 06-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Azurne Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioteJazz View Post
Has a bom hurting the Pokemon been done?
You mean a bomb? Not that I know of. 'Tis a good idea.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Aqua059 Offline
Experienced Trainer

I have an idea, and want to know if there's any interest out there for something like this.

A collection of oneshots that offer a glimpse into some aspect of a wild Pokemon's life. It wouldn't be just the normal "hunt, eat, survive" mentality...but also some looks into evolution in the wild, some of the special attributes of Pokemon, etc., etc. I had a few ideas for stories in the collection. One is about a Totodile hatchling who watches on as his littermates are each killed in some way or another (predator, starvation), and is eventually the only one left alive - kind of a story on the 'survival of the fittest' idea. Another one is about a Gyarados who lives in an underwater lake, and has spent so long in the darkness that he is blind. The stories are meant to be companions to my primary fic, My Name Is Fuega, but they don't have any of the same characters - just the same ideas and interpretations of the Pokemon world.

They'll be kinda morbid, but...yeah. Any reader interest out there?
Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 PM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thanks Azurne, sounds like a good idea. I've revamped the story just a slight bit.

I decided that, there is still an evil team and they have been cloning these 17 people for many years. For example, the experiments happened about a 100 years ago (it's a more futuristic Pokemon story, but it's hard to do 'cause I'm not sure just exactly how futuristic Pokemon is now) so there were these 17 people. Not at all evil or anything, but were taken, when they were old, by the evil team and cloned and have been cloned so that there is a new version every 15 years, after deciding that it is best to start using the clones at the age of 15 and then replace them by the age of 30. Again, I might change the ages, I'm thinking on that one. They then use these clones to help with their...urr...evil schemes? Not only will there be this evil team to take down, but also the clones that they are replacing because, well nobody likes to be replaced.

I'm hoping that's a little better. O_O

I'm definately putting draw-backs to the clones powers. They won't exactly be able to use crazy Pokemon powers, which is why they will still have need for their Pokemon. For example, I think the water people will just be able to swim really well and breathe under water. Which, while not being super awesome compared to most super-power stories, is a good power restraint which gives room for Pokemon and is still something that would help an evil time do their evil things.

There will be other characters as well, besides the clones, and there will be small children, who are the clones to replace the ones now as well. I won't be using all of the clones and such, because I don't want a crazy amount of characters, some of them won't even appear, they may just be spoke about briefly.
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 06-28-2008, 10:44 PM
LimeGreen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurne View Post
You mean a bomb? Not that I know of. 'Tis a good idea.
Yeah a bom goes off in the woods causing a baby Eevee to get hurt
Old 06-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Azurne Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkThoseStripes View Post
Thanks Azurne, sounds like a good idea. I've revamped the story just a slight bit.

I decided that, there is still an evil team and they have been cloning these 17 people for many years. For example, the experiments happened about a 100 years ago (it's a more futuristic Pokemon story, but it's hard to do 'cause I'm not sure just exactly how futuristic Pokemon is now) so there were these 17 people. Not at all evil or anything, but were taken, when they were old, by the evil team and cloned and have been cloned so that there is a new version every 15 years, after deciding that it is best to start using the clones at the age of 15 and then replace them by the age of 30. Again, I might change the ages, I'm thinking on that one. They then use these clones to help with their...urr...evil schemes? Not only will there be this evil team to take down, but also the clones that they are replacing because, well nobody likes to be replaced.

I'm hoping that's a little better. O_O

I'm definately putting draw-backs to the clones powers. They won't exactly be able to use crazy Pokemon powers, which is why they will still have need for their Pokemon. For example, I think the water people will just be able to swim really well and breathe under water. Which, while not being super awesome compared to most super-power stories, is a good power restraint which gives room for Pokemon and is still something that would help an evil time do their evil things.

There will be other characters as well, besides the clones, and there will be small children, who are the clones to replace the ones now as well. I won't be using all of the clones and such, because I don't want a crazy amount of characters, some of them won't even appear, they may just be spoke about briefly.

Muuuuuuch nicer. Sounds like something I'd like to read now.

Keep in mind the biological effects of being a clone. 1. The psychological effects of knowing you're a "carbon copy" of someone.

Two, the actual biological effects. Shortening of telomeres comes to mind. That's only if your scientists were idiots though, and forgot to check/correct them. (Which, I pray they're not. >.>; The anime "Gundam SEED" Comes to mind. << >>; )

@Aqua059:

Sounds like a Capital idea. :)
Old 07-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Chaos Rush Offline
Experienced Trainer

For a VERY LONG time, I've always wanted to write a Fanfic based on Pokemon R/S/E. But I never came to do it ;_;. I don't want people to think, "OMG THIS IS BORING, YOU JUST COPIED THE GAME NOTLOLZ." I could think of many ways to alter the plot of R/S/E, because personally I think its pretty bad but it could definitely be stretched and squished into something much better, and thats what I feel like I want to do. Of course, if I ever to get enough inspiration to do it, I would not go with the, "MAY MOVES FROM TRUCK. BRENDAN AND MAY FALL IN LOVE, LOLZ".

I'm thinking of this plotline:
The Hoenn region had recently had two eruptions, though they weren't overly severe, they had inspired two people to think of what would have happened if it was more severe. Mt. Chimney had a minor eruption, but no true damage was caused. Actually, the eruption had benefits. The eruption carved out a relatively large giant bowl...and then the hot springs were discovered.

The other eruption was at the very bottom of Sootopolis. The water around the Sootopolis crater reached down in water level, and Sootopolis's water rose by a few inches. This helped study the possibilities of homes that can be built underwater, and thus the "eruption" helped scientists decide how they would do that.

...and that's all I got. I know that its rather boring, but I'm trying to see how Team Aqua & Magma would fit in.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:48 PM
erock98 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRushXx View Post
For a VERY LONG time, I've always wanted to write a Fanfic based on Pokemon R/S/E. But I never came to do it ;_;. I don't want people to think, "OMG THIS IS BORING, YOU JUST COPIED THE GAME NOTLOLZ." I could think of many ways to alter the plot of R/S/E, because personally I think its pretty bad but it could definitely be stretched and squished into something much better, and thats what I feel like I want to do. Of course, if I ever to get enough inspiration to do it, I would not go with the, "MAY MOVES FROM TRUCK. BRENDAN AND MAY FALL IN LOVE, LOLZ".

I'm thinking of this plotline:
The Hoenn region had recently had two eruptions, though they weren't overly severe, they had inspired two people to think of what would have happened if it was more severe. Mt. Chimney had a minor eruption, but no true damage was caused. Actually, the eruption had benefits. The eruption carved out a relatively large giant bowl...and then the hot springs were discovered.

The other eruption was at the very bottom of Sootopolis. The water around the Sootopolis crater reached down in water level, and Sootopolis's water rose by a few inches. This helped study the possibilities of homes that can be built underwater, and thus the "eruption" helped scientists decide how they would do that.

...and that's all I got. I know that its rather boring, but I'm trying to see how Team Aqua & Magma would fit in.
I think it would be pretty cool.As for team Magma and Aqua.
Maybe they could have been interuppting Kygore and Groudon(assuming they made the erruption).
Old 07-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

Last night, I was thinking about doing some RPG-ish story. In it, some guy travels through a small continent, doing jobs for people. Sounds boring, but I wanted it to be a comedy. There will be three classes: the Warriors, the Mages, and the Beasts, who are incredibly rare and need to have certain characteristics. For those of you who are saying, "This would be a much better RP than a fanfic," I wanted to do an RP AFTER the fanfic is done or has achieved some level of popularity.

Does it sound like a good idea? (If it doesn't, I'll probably start it anyway...)
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Chaos Rush Offline
Experienced Trainer

Eh..I've thought a little more of my (possible) future Hoenn fic. So far I've written half of Entry 1, and I think I've already started something different than other journey fics: It starts off a school! YES, SCHOOL! I'll write a really short summary of it:

Brendan is failing his course at the Rustboro Trainer's School, and Ms. Roxanne refuses to let him graduate because of his poor work on the final exam (Whismur is NOT a legendary Pokemon...). Brendan starts daydreaming about his friends: Wally & May. Wally was his long time friend always there for him, and May was once his friend but Brendan got intimidated by larger boys following May. Brendan was asked to retake the test, and if he can achieve at least an A-, then his grade will rise from an F to a D, thus allowing Ms. Roxanne to pass him and graduate.

Also in Trainer School, they each start out with a "study" Pokemon. Brendan has a Seedot :P. I've already planned out Brendan, May, and Wally's Pokemon teams...I want to make sure the first entry (chapter) is perfect before releasing it here.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:17 AM
Chillaxed09 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRushXx View Post
Eh..I've thought a little more of my (possible) future Hoenn fic. So far I've written half of Entry 1, and I think I've already started something different than other journey fics: It starts off a school! YES, SCHOOL! I'll write a really short summary of it:

Brendan is failing his course at the Rustboro Trainer's School, and Ms. Roxanne refuses to let him graduate because of his poor work on the final exam (Whismur is NOT a legendary Pokemon...). Brendan starts daydreaming about his friends: Wally & May. Wally was his long time friend always there for him, and May was once his friend but Brendan got intimidated by larger boys following May. Brendan was asked to retake the test, and if he can achieve at least an A-, then his grade will rise from an F to a D, thus allowing Ms. Roxanne to pass him and graduate.

Also in Trainer School, they each start out with a "study" Pokemon. Brendan has a Seedot :P. I've already planned out Brendan, May, and Wally's Pokemon teams...I want to make sure the first entry (chapter) is perfect before releasing it here.
I like that idea. <3 It's like something that was mentioned before, about taking a basic story and giving it a twist. In your case, you took the trainer school in Rustboro and went off that.

Sounds good, keep at it!

PS- Your last sentence gives me confidence in you. xD
Old 07-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Chaos Rush Offline
Experienced Trainer

Uh-oh, I just posted my (soon-to-possibly-die) Hoenn fic. And I don't think it was perfect either ...

Anyways, I've altered May's tiny backstory a bit...even though its just a tiny detail.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:50 PM
james_gotex Offline

I used to make fan fics but then get easily bored as I would usually use an idea over an over again.
I have recentley thought of a new Idea of my fan fic which contains a boy- as usual, but he is about to start his journey (usual and boring i know) when he gets robbed by team rocket and ends up becoming a member of the team.

I have always wandered what a story would be like from a member of team rocket, as they were a great team but fell drastically, In my story i plan to tell the uprising of Team Rocket and how they did it.

What are your peoples ideas/comments on my idea?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

I sort have an idea, but I don't know if I'm going to do it.

Basically, it's about Ivry. She's twenty something years old, and now works for the Sinnoh Police Force. They've recently found out that Sinnoh's presidents son has gone missing, As it turns out, his son has traveled to the unpopulated Johto Region to compete in illegal Pokemon races. Ivry, being one of the best, was sent to Johto to fish him out of the lifestyle. Ivry soon becomes addicted to racing, and looses sight of her mission. Eventually, she becomes so great at it that she never looses. The people who run the races quickly become furious as she is taking all their money. The leaders realize that they must get rid of her, but since she's addicted, they're going to have to kill her. Ivry realizes that she is going to be killed, and quits racing. The leaders don't care and isist on killing her. She realizes that she hasn't finished her mission, and must retrieve the President's son, and then leave the region. The leaders eventually catch on, and now, Ivry must track them down in order to save the President's son.

Click it if you want to read
Old 07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
james_gotex Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage12 View Post
I sort have an idea, but I don't know if I'm going to do it.

Basically, it's about Ivry. She's twenty something years old, and now works for the Sinnoh Police Force. They've recently found out that Sinnoh's presidents son has gone missing, As it turns out, his son has traveled to the unpopulated Johto Region to compete in illegal Pokemon races. Ivry, being one of the best, was sent to Johto to fish him out of the lifestyle. Ivry soon becomes addicted to racing, and looses sight of her mission. Eventually, she becomes so great at it that she never looses. The people who run the races quickly become furious as she is taking all their money. The leaders realize that they must get rid of her, but since she's addicted, they're going to have to kill her. Ivry realizes that she is going to be killed, and quits racing. The leaders don't care and isist on killing her. She realizes that she hasn't finished her mission, and must retrieve the President's son, and then leave the region. The leaders eventually catch on, and now, Ivry must track them down in order to save the President's son.
I like your idea, mainly because she doesnt have to really rescue him at the start, but has her work cut out for her later, could be a good read