Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:10 AM
Chaos Rush Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

I've recently had this idea of clarifying Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza's purpose. I don't know how to put, but I'm trying to prevent it from making it into a journey fanfic. Of course, that seems kinda impossible to pull off. So far I've written the prologue which describes Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre's resting places in that order. The Sky Pillar is a tower that reaches the heavens and is the origin of life/death(Cave of Origin/Mt. Pyre), Mt. Chimney was molded out by Groudon as its eternal resting place, and the Underwater Cavern was made by Kyogre as its eternal resting place, while both could have their exoskeletons awakened, Groudon & Kyogre can only be complete in their form if their souls are extracted from the Red & Blue Orbs. I'm trying to take Pokemon R/S/E and expand every little detail into something big, but I also don't want to make it a journey fic because of how long it could take, but we'll see. I might have to end up posting the first chapter as a journey fic.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRushXx View Post
I've recently had this idea of clarifying Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza's purpose. I don't know how to put, but I'm trying to prevent it from making it into a journey fanfic. Of course, that seems kinda impossible to pull off. So far I've written the prologue which describes Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre's resting places in that order. The Sky Pillar is a tower that reaches the heavens and is the origin of life/death(Cave of Origin/Mt. Pyre), Mt. Chimney was molded out by Groudon as its eternal resting place, and the Underwater Cavern was made by Kyogre as its eternal resting place, while both could have their exoskeletons awakened, Groudon & Kyogre can only be complete in their form if their souls are extracted from the Red & Blue Orbs. I'm trying to take Pokemon R/S/E and expand every little detail into something big, but I also don't want to make it a journey fic because of how long it could take, but we'll see. I might have to end up posting the first chapter as a journey fic.
It would be difficult to prevent it from being a journey fic IF you have child as your main character. But if you're determined not to let it become a journey fic, then you can always write it from the point of view of a Pokémon, or a member of Aqua/Magma. Just a ew suggestions

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 01-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRushXx View Post
You could have the mc be a member of the Elite Four or a team or some other organization...

Anyways, here's a fic I've started writing and I wish to see what you all think of it...

Set in the far future, humankind and Pokemondom have transversed the Milky Way galaxy, her sattelites, and presently the frontier of Andromedea has been opened to megalith corporations. A Class C Rangeri, Akira or Kieran, has just graduated from informal training under his sensei, Amikio. He is inducted into Operation Shatterhead, a Galactic Coalition project to strengthen Coalition hold over its citizens and member states. However, Kieran's ki-bond, a partner pokemon that Rangeri fight beside, Empoleon, is killed a few weeks into the Second Galactic War...

By the way, it's Space Opera and Space Fantasy and is inspired by Pokemon, Gundam, Star Wars, and Asimov's Foundation series.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:09 AM
VP4L Offline
Amateur Trainer

can i create a manga for my fan fic or does it have to be written?
Old 02-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

I think that a manga would go in the Fan Art boards. And yes, I have an idea, too:

I've been thinking about making a fic with Pokemon in a human-like society (not quite like Mystery Dungeon's setting: more like a city than a village), and every chapter would tell about a different Pokemon's story. I planned for there to be ten chapters or something, or twelve, and they'd probably all be humorous (if I can think of any jokes). Any opinions on this?
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

This idea isn't all the way thought out and I don't know if I'm allowed to post it but this is the idea.

In 3045, Rodem Jenkins was elected president of the United States of America. To the country he looked like very nice, but his dreams were not at all like him. His dreams are simple though:Stay president until he dies, and rule the world.

Presidnet Jenkins was not very fond of Pokeon. He was somewhat afraid of them. He ordered for the military to force the pokemon to move to a remote island, hundreds of miles off the coast of the Sinnoh Region. This act outrage professors all throughout the region. They wanted to bring the case to the Supreme Court, but in order to convince the court to bring Pokemon back, the Pokemon would have to tell their point of views.

The professors formed and alliance known as the PPC, Pokemon Peace Corps, and dedicated their first yearsof work to create a machine that could translate human speech in to Pokemon speech, and Pokemon speech in to human speech. A year later, they accomplished this and snuck of to the Island know as, New Sin(president named it. reason for name will be explained later).

When the PPC got to New Sin, the team was ambushed my Digimon. About half of the team was murdered. The rest were left to die, but were eventually picked up by caring Pokemon. The remaining member remembered their machine and used it to chat with Pokemon. They were informed that the island was Digimon's teritory. The Digimon thought that Pokemon were taking over and challenged them, creating an all out war that the Pokemon were quickly losing. Unknown to it all, The PPC's and Pokemon's conversations were being tapped and heard by the governement. Minutes after the statement of the war, the radio wich the government used to eavesdrop was filled with screaming. The rest of the members were being murdered by the Pokemon. Though one member managed to escape.

When the last PPC member got back, there were already men ready to take him to the President for questioning. The President managed to retrieve the translator and test it on animals. The waves sent out to the animals transformed the pokemon into unstable pokemon human hybrids. The hybrids also carried parasites on them that could jump off the body when matured and infect random items. Even if the items aren't techincally living.

The pokemon hybrids decided to follow the trail that was left by the survivor of the PPP. The Digimon, worrying that the pokemon would come back again followed the hybrids, to ambush them after they took down their prey. The President feared that the pokemon had evovled and came back for revenge when they were spotted. He ordered for troops to protect him and destroy any Pokemon they see. The Digimon became outraged when another enemy started to take down theirs. They attacked the army and despite their efforts to destroy the digimon, the troop failed. Mainly becasue their weapons were ineffective.

By now the President had left and realized that the only way to defeat the pokemon he feared, was to go to war with them, on which ever regions's soil. This ment that every pokemon and digimon would have die, no matter how cute or how peaceful.

But first the president would have to make weapons that could kill digimon, wich they successfully did. Now the Digimon really see the humans as enemy and do not hesistate to go to war. The pokemon, being unstable and violent, also went into battle, destroying the Sinnoh Region. Now the war contiues, switching from region to region.

The story will switch point of views from a human solider and the last living PPC member, to an advanced pokemon hybrid(that is peaceful), to the shunned little girl and boy who have been infected, and to who ever else I decide. There will also be a digimon to.

It may not be suited for some people but, I think if I can shake my writing issues, this could be a good story. This will be full of death and despair so be warned.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:41 PM
TrainerNick Offline
Experienced Trainer

Talking

This is a new fan fic I'm doing for the ladies ;p

Oh-K this the story. A girl named Emily is gifted with the ability to understand pokemon languages. Her and her Pichu and a friend totodile named Toto must help save the world from the evil Team Darkness from casting the world into chaos. This story is loosely based and inspired by Chronicles of The Shards. My grlfriend insisted for me to write this story. So expect it to be a wel worked out story.

Last edited by TrainerNick; 02-08-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:46 AM
akshay_123 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ze_gobou View Post
Is it a Pokémon fanfic or not ?
hi i m new here wanna be friends
Old 02-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerNick View Post
This is a new fan fic I'm doing for the ladies ;p

Oh-K this the story. A girl named Emily is gifted with the ability to understand pokemon languages. Her and her Pichu and a friend totodile named Toto must help save the world from the evil Team Darkness from casting the world into chaos. This story is loosely based and inspired by Chronicles of The Shards. My grlfriend insisted for me to write this story. So expect it to be a wel worked out story.
Sounds good ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_123 View Post
hi i m new here wanna be friends
Please don't spam.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:10 AM
Alex the Charmander Offline

I recently had this idea of "Pein's Diary" a Diary-style fanfic, the writer being the Akatsuki Leader, Pein, where it goes through all the craziness of the Akatsuki life when they'renot off tormenting Naruto or capturing Bijuu.

Either that or I can go with the 20 years after Shippuden thing...

~Wildstorm

[Aviendha: Zebstrika][Rand: Zekrom][Nynaeve: Haxorus][Egwene: Musharna][Lan: Scolipede][Moiraine: Samurott]
Old 02-15-2008, 06:51 PM
KiutEspi Offline

Default Pokemon Team Twilight (or Pearl)

Okay. I've been having ideas for a new fan fic.

Its about an espeon named Espi who has the unusual ability to glance into the future. One day she sees disaster befall Moltres City. She seeks the time traveler Celebi on a journey to travel back into time to help stop the pokemon world from being destroyed, but an evil team known as Team Eclipse try to stop her quest. Espi will face many challenged and legendary pokemon.

:3 do ya like it ? We'll ya bettar. :<
Old 04-08-2008, 04:05 AM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

A recent idea I have had~

I know it's probably cliche', but I'd still like some opinions.

The Umbreon have always lived at an unreachable place, called by many The Edge of the World. It's this area that's shrouded in total darkness, mystery. Their culture has grown separated from others-names mean near nothing, a honor given only to the dead. In this eternal blindness, sounds mean anything-you are recognized only by tone.

The Espeon are a nomadic species, their sole goal to spread light to the lightless, and brighten the dim. When they reach the species that cares not for light, they hesitate. When they learn that this species beliefs are satanic to them, they are appalled. What could they do to help such demons - especially when there intervention only seems to make things worse?

What's to happen when these two creatures are locked in a silent chess match against eachother; As one does their holy duties, their ideals split the dark clan apart. When they receive light, their whole culture starts to tilt on the brink of destruction. One is blinded by light, while the others are forced to face the darkness: As two creatures are heading to the brink of war, what is the outcome?

This signature was made by the magnificent NEO PIKACHU.
Now go praise him, you.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Shadowzard Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuricel View Post
A recent idea I have had~

I know it's probably cliche', but I'd still like some opinions.

The Umbreon have always lived at an unreachable place, called by many The Edge of the World. It's this area that's shrouded in total darkness, mystery. Their culture has grown separated from others-names mean near nothing, a honor given only to the dead. In this eternal blindness, sounds mean anything-you are recognized only by tone.

The Espeon are a nomadic species, their sole goal to spread light to the lightless, and brighten the dim. When they reach the species that cares not for light, they hesitate. When they learn that this species beliefs are satanic to them, they are appalled. What could they do to help such demons - especially when there intervention only seems to make things worse?

What's to happen when these two creatures are locked in a silent chess match against eachother; As one does their holy duties, their ideals split the dark clan apart. When they receive light, their whole culture starts to tilt on the brink of destruction. One is blinded by light, while the others are forced to face the darkness: As two creatures are heading to the brink of war, what is the outcome?

That had to be one of the most epic sounding pokemon fanfics I have ever heard. I would love to read it.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Thanks for the feedback. ^^ I wanted to see if anyone was interested. I'll start writing tomorrow.

This signature was made by the magnificent NEO PIKACHU.
Now go praise him, you.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

I was thinking about making a really cool one-shot or three-chapter story, about how some guy in Sinnoh finds the GameShark and awakens the ultimate evil within it: Darkrai. Then the other legendaries try to stop him and such. I've already pretty much planned it out, and I've even got a prologue for it. So what do you guys think?
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.