Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Mohini Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden0527 View Post
Mohini, I think it's a good idea.
Thanks! :D I'll take a look at yours now...

Quote:
anyway...
I have a little idea of my own. My graphic novel idea for my most succesful, in real life story. It has attracted the minds of friends and unknown people alike. So let's see if you guys will enjoy it.

Vampire Hunters:
Raine Escraic Sienta, son of the mighty demon warrior Guild Esrasac Sienta, has finally been born. The humans thought this day would never come. He was trapped inside his mom stomach for 108 years. His mom was of course granted immortality from this spell placed on her. Though she didn't want it. All she wanted was for her son to be born, and live a normal life on Earth, instead of the Underworld like his father wanted. 108 years after the spell was placed upon her, she broke it, releasing her child who immeidately grew in to an old man. He was quickly named, and ran off to kill the person who had trapped him inside his mother's stomach.

He killed many humans along the way. His destiny was becoming a reality now. That was until, he did find the witch who trapped him. The witch pleaded for her life, stating that humans were actually good people(Wich he didn't think, he thought they were evil becuase of the spell.)Like his mother. Who was human, his father was half demon, half vampire. After experiencing flash backs to realize it was true, he spared the witch and decided to change his life around, and revive all that he had murdered. The only way to accomplish this was to reason with the Skeleton Council, Head of Hell. They rejected his request, and he then realized, he couldn't stop his murerous path yet. for he would have to destroy the Skeleton Council, take control over it, then revive all the humans.

(things about his father, the witch, and his mother will be revealed in the actual story)

Also I'm going to draw pictures of the characters, and new characters, and the main action scenes. I plan to make a whole series of this.
Interesting. But, wait, when you say 'old' man do you mean like fake-teeth, gray-haired post-septuagenarian or do you mean a grown man? Because I'm finding it kinda hard to picture a little old guy running around with his cane and murderous intentions...oh, wait...no, I can imagine that. *snickers*

Oh, and you have some interesting personality options there. I mean, for your main character. Even though all grown up (or old???) he could still be as naive as a child? Unless he was somehow aware of what was going on outside his mother's womb?

Um...anyway, sounds good! If you write, I'll read! Deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
oooohhhh.....
i like it!
it is kind of a step away from the usual action-packed fics that one usually sees on these boards..... i read some of your other fic and i think that you could pull this one off as well ^^
i say go for it, and if you do, you will know that you will always have at least 1 reader: ME! (you'll probably have a lot more though, you are pretty talented!)
Oh, thank you, that's so sweet! Btw, I read your fic, but I just couldn't find the time to comment. I have a bit more free time these few days, so expect a big review tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
i cant wait to find out what little poke it may be!!! an azurill maybe, or a pichu [nah too overrated] i would stay away from the starters (ex. Piplup) idk why!]
well looking forward to it! ^^
Heehee. ^o^ No, no, not starters! And it won't be her pokemon, but...well, you'll see. You might have to wait a bit, though.

EDIT:PS: Whooops! Just realised it's Saturday! I might not be here tomorrow, but if not then it's Monday for sure!

Hey, you! Read my fic! ^o^
Children of the Most Exalted Ravi -> Follow the Old Ways

OR, read my OTHER fic -> I can't believe I'm doing this.
Yah-um...I'm so in over my head. ^.^'

Last edited by Mohini; 09-08-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Jaden0527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Location: Sailing the Grand Line but when I go home,I'm in Las Vegas Nevada

Deal. I could've sworn I put grown man. He basically looks like a twenty year old. Then he stops aging because since the witch that cast the spell upon her wasn't broken by the witch, the spell had to go somewhere, so it went to Raine. Who stopped aging at age twenty-three, because that's when his mom stopped aging. Otherwise, he would be an old man running around with a cane.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:29 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohini View Post
Oh, thank you, that's so sweet! Btw, I read your fic, but I just couldn't find the time to comment. I have a bit more free time these few days, so expect a big review tomorrow.

Heehee. ^o^ No, no, not starters! And it won't be her pokemon, but...well, you'll see. You might have to wait a bit, though.

EDIT:PS: Whooops! Just realised it's Saturday! I might not be here tomorrow, but if not then it's Monday for sure!
(sorry, meant to post this last night, but my comp. got messed up)

YAY! i get so nervous and excited at the promise of a review... but i love them!

your story gives me something to look forward to also ^^

[i may not update "Rifles & Riches" for a week or two, because i am focusing on a URPG story at the moment, so yeah.... you can still do the review though ]

well..... i'm looking forward to Monday!

BRYCExKAT
Old 09-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Griff4815 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Griff4815

I'm not going to go into much detail since my fic is already up.

(There's much more to it than this, I just suck at synopsises) Its about a guy who has a history with a pokemon and, when the guy goes to get his first pokemon, they meet again. They go out on an adventure and he meets a girl and interesting stuff happens and MAN do I suck at previews.

Just read the first few chapters and see if it takes.

The biggest Grovyle fan in PE2K or anywhere.
Time Bandit
Old 09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Okay, this is the next fic I'm going to do after Destiny's Tag is done (seriously, when I had more than one story in progress, it was Hell >>) so it won't be up for a long while.

First off, has anybody ever read a Pokemon Snap fic? I haven't and that's sad. So for my fic, it's going to be a Pokemon Snap comedy fic (because DT is going to get a lot more serious later on).

A young photographer by the name of Hensain and his pet Swablu, Sky, get an invatation from the esteemed Professor Oak to take part in the a photography contest. The mission: To photograph all the Pokemon they can find on the vast island in two weeks time. The winner will have his/her photographs be used for the entries of the latest PokeDex that will be used by starting trainers in all of teh regions. The competetion is tough, though. He makes a rival that wants nothing but to win and he always seems to have the baddest luck when he is taking his shots (disrupting Jigglypuff singing and being a part of Haunter's pranks).

Taking a step away from the aspiring trainer fics, I decided to follow the plot of one of my favorite games. Training isn't the only thing that happens in the Pokemon world after all.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 09-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Jaden0527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Believe it or not, I already have another idea. Though I'll probably work on Vampire Hunters more. Also, I didn't take any of this from Mohini's idea. It came to me when I was looking through Deep Born, even though I wasn't really reading it. To long for me.

Premises-

In 3006, Sinnoh was plagued by a five year war. This war trapped thousands of people in their homes, leaving them to hide. The army was able to evacuate most of the area in an elaborate plan, but, they were unable to save the students and teachers of May Norman Middle School. When the school was searched, the rooms looke untouched, though everyone knew that their were people inside. Evidence of people in the school, were suicide notes, notes to loved ones, and dna of course. Though no bodies were found. The only thing there was a diary from a girl named Maria Macaleb Norman.

This diary gave a description of what she did everyday. Every few pages, thier were messages with clues, and little pictures, but the dates on these pages were way out of date. They often went five years in to the future, or even thousands of years in the past. The diary was thought to be a joked and turned over to the family of the girl. The girls brother always remebered her babling on about seeing the future, but he thought it was just her over active imagination, now he realizes, it's way more than that. Now he has to connect and follow all the clues, in order to find his sister, and what ever she was babling about.

This has alot to do with pokemon actually becasue alot of this will have something to do with Ash, Misty, Brock, and the rest of them.

Answers to obvious questions: The war, who was fighting in it?
The government knwos, but won't tell the public. Most people don't know because they were fearing for their life in their houses for so long.

How long did this war last?
This war lasted only two months. The goverment says that once the people of Sinnoh were evacuated, the enemy left.

How do pokemon fit in to the story besides the characters?
There won't be many battles, but the pokemon will often be used to sniff out stuff. There will be some scenes where pokemon will attack humans. Pokemon have changed since the 2000s.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:40 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Believe it or not, I already have another idea. Though I'll probably work on Vampire Hunters more. Also, I didn't take any of this from Mohini's idea. It came to me when I was looking through Deep Born, even though I wasn't really reading it. To long for me.

Premises-

In 3006, Sinnoh was plagued by a five year war. This war trapped thousands of people in their homes, leaving them to hide. The army was able to evacuate most of the area in an elaborate plan, but, they were unable to save the students and teachers of May Norman Middle School. When the school was searched, the rooms looke untouched, though everyone knew that their were people inside. Evidence of people in the school, were suicide notes, notes to loved ones, and dna of course. Though no bodies were found. The only thing there was a diary from a girl named Maria Macaleb Norman.

This diary gave a description of what she did everyday. Every few pages, thier were messages with clues, and little pictures, but the dates on these pages were way out of date. They often went five years in to the future, or even thousands of years in the past. The diary was thought to be a joked and turned over to the family of the girl. The girls brother always remebered her babling on about seeing the future, but he thought it was just her over active imagination, now he realizes, it's way more than that. Now he has to connect and follow all the clues, in order to find his sister, and what ever she was babling about.

This has alot to do with pokemon actually becasue alot of this will have something to do with Ash, Misty, Brock, and the rest of them.

The government knwos, but won't tell the public. Most people don't know because they were fearing for their life in their houses for so long.

How long did this war last?
This war lasted only two months. The goverment says that once the people of Sinnoh were evacuated, the enemy left.

There won't be many battles, but the pokemon will often be used to sniff out stuff. There will be some scenes where pokemon will attack humans. Pokemon have changed since the 2000s.
now that sounds like something i would read!
(ugh, i say that alot, but hey, i am interested in alot of story ideas, though when i go to read them, they arent as good as i thought they would be.... dont let me down!)

I dont think that your story would be like Mohini's, the way she described things sounds like a completely different subject (hers is more lighthearted and humorous i think, and yours is dark and mysterious!) Plus, i started a new fic [Intertwining Eras] that i WILL get around to updating..... and that was about a diary as well, but it is more emotional and whatnot..... i started it like 1 1/2 months ago, and i will update soon people!

so you see, it all depends on what you put out, not just the concept of a diary

Back to the Story:
i like how you take a different approach than packing your story full of battles and make it centered completely around pokemon.... that was a nice touch....

i think the plot overall is fantastic! missing bodies, though suicide notes are found.... creepy

And a big government conspiracy to cover up a 2 month war that they say was 5 years long.... interesting

The ONLY problem i have w/ it is the inclusion of Ash, Misty etc.
i tend to get turned off by fics that are like runoffs of the tv series.... i like to influence people to create new and inventive characters, but hey, its your fic, do what you want with it.......

I cannot wait for this story to begin! i say go ahead.... but dont disappoint

MY CURRENT LIST OF THINGS TO READ:
#1- Phantomkat's URPG story about venturing into PE2K itself... sooo excited! (i'm included ^^

#2- Jaden0527's fic about gov conspiracy and missing ppl YAY!

#3- This was close..... practically a tie for 2nd (i have to see how good a writer he is) but Mohini's diary fic is DEFINITELY up here! very very close to being 2nd!

BRYCExKAT
Old 09-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Mohini Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
ZOMG!!11! U S2LE MAH IEDA IMM SO GONG 2 SUA UR KNIKERS OF!!1!1111!1!1!1!11!11!! OMG WTF

Heehe, come on, seriously? I don't own fics with diaries in them. Plus, BryceBoy10 is right, our fics are going to turn out totally different. Like, opposite different - heaven and earth different. No worries there.

Quote:
Maria will be May's descendant, I assume? (I figured it out from the last name...my ingeniousness astounds me sometimes )

Quote:
I kind of, sort of share Bryce's concern here, but it all depends on how you will introduce them into the story. After all, if we compare the characters from our fic and the characters from the show, which ones do you think belong in the pokemon world more? That's right. So, go for it, but caaaaarefully.

Quote:
That may be a tad naive, I'd say - give the public some general idea. I mean, young men (and women?) would be recruited to fight in the war. I know no nation on this planet that would fight blindly just because someone told them 'fight' and nothing else. Even if they are lies, the people would always want reasons.

Quote:
Okay, that's not bad. In those difficult times, I guess that people would have greater concerns than battling pokemon for sport. ^.^

Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Jaden0527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

One little secret I'm going to give out right now is that, everyone thinks people were recruited for the army. In reality, know one was.

Although the people may be related to the real life characters of Pokemon, it won't really relate to what they did on the show, but how they influenced the war, because they did.

Pokemon aren't really cared for anymore. Since people get lazier and lazier by the decades, so people don't want to pokemon battle anymore. They're often shunned away, and if they don't go away, they get hit by the enraged human. This created their now vilolent and very territorial nature.

BryceBoy believes in me so much. I feel like I'm going to let him down.

Last edited by Jaden0527; 09-14-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:21 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
One little secret I'm going to give out right now is that, everyone thinks people were recruited for the army. In reality, know one was.

Although the people may be related to the real life characters of Pokemon, it won't really relate to what they did on the show, but how they influenced the war, because they did.

Pokemon aren't really cared for anymore. Since people get lazier and lazier by the decades, so people don't want to pokemon battle anymore. They're often shunned away, and if they don't go away, they get hit by the enraged human. This created their now vilolent and very territorial nature.

BryceBoy believes in me so much. I feel like I'm going to let him down.
aahhh... dont let me put too much pressure on you, i'm sure you'll do fine....

just one tip i have for you, reread your story and refine for grammar mistakes and stuff because just from this last post, i can point out many.... so just watch out for that
As long as you put some effort into it and persevere, i will be following along to aid you in any way possible!

BRYCExKAT
Old 09-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Mohini Offline
Amateur Trainer

Jaden, you seem to be having difficulties with Homophones - the words that sound the same, but have different meanings. It's not a big deal, it's a common error for non-native English speakers. It just means you have to be extra careful because, if they are correctly spelled, they will NOT appear in your grammar check. I actually made a mistake like that in the latest chapter of my fic - I wrote 'debts' where I really wanted to use the word 'depths', but fortunately I have awesome readers who pointed it out for me. ^o^ You just have to be very mindful to check all the words you are not sure of.

Here are a few links that can help you:

Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary Online One of the BEST dictionaries you can find online.

Dictionary of same-sounding words Okay, so the name is a bit clumsy, but this is a tremendously useful little thing and it is closely connected to your specific problem.

Using English.com Finally, if all of the above fail you, I'm sure you will be able to find what you need here. I haven't been using it since I have the actual CALD with the CD which has an awesome Thesaurus included as a bonus, but I'm sure it's a great source.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-16-2007, 02:18 AM
Bay Offline
Master Trainer

@PhantomKat7: I actually LOVE that idea. Truth be told, I never played Pokemon Snap. However, I love fics that goes into other Pokemon professions besides Pokemon training. I had one fic that dealt with Pokemon fishermen and one that is going to be about ruin maniac. XD So yeah, cool that you will do a Pokemon photographer story. ^^

Sorry, that is the only idea I read so far in this thread. If time allows, will check out on some of the others.

+Nothing, Everything+

Chapter Thirteen: It's All a Contest up (12/28/08)
Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay View Post
@PhantomKat7: I actually LOVE that idea. Truth be told, I never played Pokemon Snap. However, I love fics that goes into other Pokemon professions besides Pokemon training. I had one fic that dealt with Pokemon fishermen and one that is going to be about ruin maniac. XD So yeah, cool that you will do a Pokemon photographer story. ^^

Sorry, that is the only idea I read so far in this thread. If time allows, will check out on some of the others.
Thanks, there's just way too many trainer fics but that's not the only thing that happens in the Pokemon world, it's economy would fail if that was true.

You haven't played Pokemon Snap? You're deprived. xD

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 09-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Something I wrote a chapter for like a year ago.

Anyways, I got intrested in something were all the humans have 'powers', also advanced technology.[Not a Lot]

So I thought, there would be one class in each state, in the United States,that's were it's just taking place, there are powers everywhere else to.

Well, students get their powers on the last days of school of sixth grade, and the one class, would have sort of 'elemental Powers' and it would only be half of the class, so it would stir up jealousy.

I have a few more notes on this, I want it to be a long term fan fic, going through Eric Kaydin's [Main Character] life through college.

Do you think it would work?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Mohini Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sota View Post
Something I wrote a chapter for like a year ago.

Anyways, I got intrested in something were all the humans have 'powers', also advanced technology.[Not a Lot]

So I thought, there would be one class in each state, in the United States,that's were it's just taking place, there are powers everywhere else to.

Well, students get their powers on the last days of school of sixth grade, and the one class, would have sort of 'elemental Powers' and it would only be half of the class, so it would stir up jealousy.

I have a few more notes on this, I want it to be a long term fan fic, going through Eric Kaydin's [Main Character] life through college.

Do you think it would work?
Oh. My. GOD! I am writing the EXACT same thing! Well, not exact, but pretty close. In my Academy for humans with powers, everyone gets powers, but the jealousy is stirred up by the type and usefulness of the abilities and I've also added the powers of Body, Mind, Spirit, Life and Death to the basic four elemental powers, but the last two are really, REALLY, ultra rare!

But, anyway, it's not in English and it's gotten too long to translate now so I only have thumbs up for your idea! If you want, PM me for ideas (if you need any, that is. ^.^' )