Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kaze
Default Re: >>Shadow Sky<<

This chapter is meant only to show the team's next destination, as well as hint at another argument within the group... I had editted this around a lot, making it less pointless; the first half page originally was just about their brunch (I guess...?) and a little food fight. So...yeah. ^_^;

Chapter II
Decisions

Cold logic had forced its way from Dalinto’s words into my mind, causing me to shiver involuntarily. I could only pray that he wasn’t aware of it as we sat with the group, absentmindedly eating a few fallen berries. There was a nice batch of Cheri berries, the little red ones that were my favorite. I stuffed a clump into my mouth; Marigold burst into laughter. Mica smirked a little and pushed a few of hers toward me with her good paw. Meanwhile, Dorian and Borealis were laughing together as they ate, offering each other jokes and occasionally throwing the small fruit at each other.

I could feel Dalinto’s eyes on me, though, as I wiped my hands on the grass, standing up to head to the stream. I turned to fix him with a dark stare, and he went back to eating, his webbed ears pulled back in a gesture that showed something negative. He was either uneasy or angry, but his expression was carefully indifferent, and he seemed to have interest only in his food. I sighed; I hadn’t thought that I could have enemies within the team. At least, we had gotten rid of all of the traitors, I thought: Vanyu, Amaya…

…and possibly Nakkura?

I had no idea why he would leave, other than fear that Marigold had died. She was alive now, even if she seemed more tired now than ever. Nakkura could’ve run off to do something else, but what? To vanquish Team Mist by himself? It wasn’t impossible; it was probable, really. I sighed again, starting toward the stream for a drink to wash the berries down.

As I kneeled by the water, I looked at my reflection again. This Mawile seemed just as pensive as the last one I had seen in the water. I angrily splashed my hand at the water, scattering the image before it reformed again. This time, an Ampharos was standing behind the Mawile; I turned around to look at Marigold.

“Are you okay?” she asked softly.

“Yes… I’m just a little frustrated,” I muttered. “We need to go out and find Nakkura, but we’re not well enough yet. He could be in danger.” I continued before I could think my words through, “You’d like to find him now, wouldn’t you?” I fell silent abruptly, realizing what I had just said…my accusing tone…

Marigold stiffened for a moment then stared at me for a long time, as if trying to figure something out. She at last settled on a warm smile and hugged me. “I’d love that,” she whispered into my ear before pulling back and heading back to the camp. I stared after her, confused.

“Shadow Pokémon on Mount Battle! Shadow Pokémon on Mount Battle!”

The familiar screech of an aerial creature gained our attention. I looked up, watching a shadow fall upon the tree canopy. The silhouette of a big but lean and elegant bird told me who it was instantly: Tim, the Swellow. He had helped us out several times before, pointing us in the direction of Team Mist and other immediate dangers, as well as pointing us to the path of Nakkura. I frowned and ran toward the others, wondering if that’s what the news would be about. However, the initial cry was about Shadow Pokémon, so it ruled him out.

The indigo bird burst through the leaves, stumbling and falling near the clumps of berries. He shook his head, brushing some of the juices off of the pure white underside of his wing, his eyes almost burning with indignity. He forgot his frustration, smirked, and bowed. “Shadow Pokémon have been reported moving in a large group around Mount Battle to the northeast. There are even rumors of a black dragon that has been circling above.” Here, he lowered his head, looking sad. “Their numbers seem to be growing…and fast. They may be recruiting more and transforming them.” As he finished, I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. Back to business.

“Tim, I don’t know if we can—” I began to say, but Dalinto cut me off with a flash in his eyes.

“We’ll head there as soon as we can, Tim,” he said, “thank you.” He nodded for the bird to take off, and my protests were taken away with him, it seemed. I turned to the Vaporeon with an incredulous look. We had discussed it ten minutes ago, and I had begun to forget it during the food fight. The others turned to us, seeming very confused.

“Since Dalinto decides it is best,” I muttered slowly, “then I guess we’re heading toward Mount Battle. Are you all well and ready to go?”

Mica stood up and nodded, though I noticed she kept her weight off of her sprained paw. Marigold whispered a confirmation and managed to stand without such problems, but her eyes were tired. Borealis nodded eagerly, but I couldn’t help but notice his broken tusk.

“I’m afraid I cannot join you,” growled Dorian regretfully. His ears drooped.

Dalinto swished his tail with a decided expression and started walking in a northeastward direction immediately. “You may leave when you wish to,” he stated bluntly. The Nidorino’s jaw gaped open, and with a look of sadness and frustration, he turned and ran off. Borealis watched his new friend go with a frown, making as if to go after him but letting him go after a moment. Noticing the weary expression of the girls, I clenched my fists in anger and ran up to the Vaporeon.

“What the hell was that all about?” I snapped, fury rising in me.

“You need to find a goal and stick to it,” he replied, sounding more like one of those annoying wise men than the friend I knew. “We agreed on it before, and if Shadow Pokémon activity is increasing, then this is urgent.” He kept his eyes ahead, not looking at me.

“Members of Team Fang are injured, Dalinto! We talked about this before!” He finally stopped, turned, and stared at me levelly. I added, “Marigold’s not in good health even if her worst wound has healed. She could die. We came close to losing her before, and I don’t want to lose her now just because some idiot is trying to push the team around!”

Further argument was cut off, because as the Vaporeon opened his mouth to add a scathing reply, Mica stepped forward. Her injured paw was kept clear of the ground as she approached us. She normally touched her muzzle to Dalinto’s in greeting, but she stopped when she had reached my side, and she whispered, “Dalinto, I’m tired…” He had no answer to this and looked away, his eyes troubled. She closed her eyes. “Must we go now? We fought a battle yesterday. Just because you and Odd are okay doesn’t meant that the whole team is.”

I lifted my hand and set it reassuringly on her shoulder. From the simple action, I felt tense her muscles loosen, and her sigh was barely audible as a rush of exhaled air nearest me. I turned my head to see Marigold coming forward, and I said firmly, “We’re going to stay for longer. Once everyone’s fit to travel, we’ll go, but we’ll have to keep a quick pace. There’s a lot of damage the Shadow Pokémon could deal while we’re resting up again.”

“Thank you,” mouthed Mica before turning and walking back toward the clearing. Marigold smiled and followed her. This left Dalinto and I alone; he shook his head, carefully expressionless. He then walked after the others without objection; he understood that I was Team Fang’s leader, and he respected it. I couldn’t help but wonder if I could potentially have enemies within the team, and this thought forced exhaustion into me, even if it was midday. I headed into the hollow, hoping I could get my thoughts together by the morning.

~~~

A couple of days passed, with good feelings often forced. My and Dalinto’s argument had caused somewhat of a rift in the team; the Vaporeon was slowly being pushed away from the group, and only Mica was keeping him from leaving, I assumed. The Houndoom often had whispered conversations with him during the night, telling him that he had to stay. He at last relented.

At this point, sunlight was warring with darkness. Tendrils of pink light lit up the clouds as the rich orange sun rose into the sky like a fiery bird lifting from its earthen perch. The hollow was still cool from the night, and eventually the stars above us began to fade into the immense light around them. I watched the last of the twinkling bodies disappear with a nervous smile. We would be leaving for Mount Battle today.

Everyone had healed up nicely, but Borealis occasionally ached, both in body and spirit. Dorian’s abrupt departure had shaken him, and I knew for a fact that Dalinto wasn’t his most favorite person… However, the Vaporeon had settled down and was now standing beside his beloved, making sure her paw was okay before we left off. I gave Marigold an unsure smile and whispered, “Let’s go.”

We would go out of the trees and head toward the mountain that was northeast of us. At one point, humans had hosted numerous battle tournaments and challenges there. After the Shadow Pokémon rose for the latest time, they had left the mountain alone. It was also beginning to show signs of reawakening from its sleep as lava trailed down the brown stone like raindrops slipping off of leaves. The top could possibly be our destination; it was a final battle platform suspended over the bubbling magma that has risen over the years so that it almost lapped at the hardened, rusted steel.

Not exactly welcoming, is it?
Old 02-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Of course, pwnsome already ^^ Great job Kaze, I'm sog lad you're continuing Shadow Mist =O

Old 02-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombiThePokeMaster View Post
Of course, pwnsome already ^^ Great job Kaze, I'm sog lad you're continuing Shadow Mist =O
You're a sog lad? XD

Joking. ^_^ Anyway, I'm glad you're reading it.

Umm... This isn't a bump to get the other readers to notice it... o_o;
Old 02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Really? It's not? XD Good chapter, Kaze. Why can't everyone just get along, though? There's always a rift in the team. First Nakkura, now Dalinto.. And is it just me, or his personality turning kinda like Nakkura's was? Not to the same extent, but still...

Can't wait to see more! ^^

Old 02-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Really? It's not? XD Good chapter, Kaze. Why can't everyone just get along, though? There's always a rift in the team. First Nakkura, now Dalinto.. And is it just me, or his personality turning kinda like Nakkura's was? Not to the same extent, but still...

Can't wait to see more! ^^
That, and with Dalinto and Mica. You brought up a good point, though. I'm not a hundred percent sure where I'm taking the whole Dalinto thing yet. But I'll get working on the next chapter as soon as I can.

No one but Nakkura can have Nakkura's personality! *cracks out whip*

This isn't a bump so that Snowball can read it. >_>
Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Megami View Post

That, and with Dalinto and Mica. You brought up a good point, though. I'm not a hundred percent sure where I'm taking the whole Dalinto thing yet. But I'll get working on the next chapter as soon as I can.

No one but Nakkura can have Nakkura's personality! *cracks out whip*

This isn't a bump so that Snowball can read it. >_>
Lol, I think it is. xD I just read it and, I'm still suspicious about Tim. He's evil I tell you. Anyways, I liked this chapter. Keep it coming Kaze!

But Dalinto... He's acting like a fourteen year old teenager. Angry from hormones. xD

The Wasteland

Old 02-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Dalinto is acting so serious now. I guess all the stress and fighting had an effect on him.

I have to agree with Snowball about Tim. I never thought too much about him before, but he does strike me as suspicious.

Great chapter, as always. Can't wait for the next one. ^_^
Ripped from my world and tossed into the role of savior, I can't decide what's harder, ending a war destined to leave this world in ruins or fighting against my longing for home. I hate this world, I love this world, but it isn't mine. Why must I save it? Faye

My Completed Fan Fictions
My Cause|An Innocent's Revenge
Old 02-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Kaze is bad. I was working on a ton of other crap. However, I did finish another Shadow Sky chapter (look below XD). It goes by too quickly for me, and it's another one of those sudden dilemna things accompianied by some of Odd's thoughts. I also added another part I didn't intend on... Anyway, slight violence and mild cursing warning.

Chapter III
Trail of Fire

Mount Battle actually looks nice from the front, where there’s a small building heading into the side of it, and there’s foliage to cover up where the brown stone shows through. However, we were headed toward the side. After two days trekking through the hot scrubland, we finally saw the tall volcanic figure looming before us. We spent a couple of hours heading through the trees; let me tell you, after all of that semi-desert, anything green was a relief.

I neared the edge of the tree line and looked through the bracken hesitantly, my eyes scanning the mountain. I could see some metal ramps, steps, entrances, all up the side of the stones. However, for most of the way it would be an unsteady climb…unless, of course, we could get into the buildings themselves. That wasn’t going to happen anytime soon, though, unless we magically turned invisible.

I signaled for the others to come up, and I whispered out of the side of my mouth. “Alright, guys,” I started hesitantly. “We’ll start up. Everyone ready to climb?” I heard a muffled groan from Borealis, but everything else was uneasy yet agreed silence. I sighed. “Let’s go, then,” I muttered, stepping out of the trees and trudging across the grass toward Mount Battle itself.

A sudden rumbling made the ground under my feet tremble, and I turned around instinctively to see if Borealis had sensed danger and had used his Earthquake attack. He seemed just as stunned as I was, and I told myself he’d never trigger something that subtle. The rumbling shook the earth again, a little more violently. I almost fell over, but as I heaved myself upright, I was something terrifying…

Dark plumes of smoke floated up and out of the volcano.

It seemed that Mount Battle could erupt. I looked around and listened carefully, realizing I couldn’t hear any humans. Perhaps they had abandoned this place a long time ago, knowing that the volcano was active and could spew out lava at any second. I shuddered; it was something else horrible to just ruin our day. I looked at the others and smiled; they seemed ready to go, despite the surprise on their faces. Guarding my own shock carefully, I started forward again.

Once I got up onto the rocky slope, it wasn’t very steep. It was like half of a snow pile that’s simple to climb up…only to get to the real white mound. I sighed and continued forward. Marigold was stumbling, and I had to wait in order to support her. Mica worried me the most, though. Her paw obviously wasn’t completely painless, and she tested each step, keeping herself far behind the group. “Mica, hurry up!” I called over my shoulder loudly; this was no time for patience.

“I don’t think this is safe,” she started, sounding much unlike herself.

“That’s why we’re doing it! We’re those brave idiots who fear nothing and die for it! Now, come on!” I shouted back at her. She smirked a little and sped up, but she started to limp. I bit my lip and pushed the Ampharos gently ahead once she found her footing. Nearing Mica’s side with Dalinto just behind me, I threw an arm around her shoulder. “You can make it,” I assured her. “Look! Even Borealis is going faster than you. Now that’s just sad.” I smiled brightly, trying to lighten up the dark mood that had descended upon us ever since the death of our trainer, Sentii.

She looked up at the Walrein as if to confirm what I just said, and she leaned on Dalinto for support, quickening her pace. I glanced over at the Ice-type with a frown; he looked kind of sick, nauseated, probably. The mountain’s internal heat still somehow affected him from even deep within, and hauling a three-hundred-pound body up a mountain with only flippers was probably very, very hard. I considered making him head back down toward a large river I saw through the small stretch of forest between the scrubland and mountain. Making up my mind, I approached him and opened my mouth to call, “Boreal—”

Suddenly, lava burst up next to the walrus like a red fountain.

I heard myself shouting, Marigold starting to scream, as the magma came down with a horrendous splash. I heard a sizzle of the heated plasma on skin, and Borealis threw up his head with a wail of agony. Soon, he had rolled his large body out of the way, beginning a tumbling decent down the mountain on his side. His clear yellow eyes closed tightly as he lowered his head, dragging his good, long tusk against the stone in a feeble attempt to stop himself. Smoke was rising up from a reddened patch on his left flank that I could catch a glimpse of as he rolled toward us.

Dalinto let out a powerful jet of water at the last second, concentrating the Hydro Pump near his sides. As the cerulean blast pushed against the Pokémon, he began to slow. He finally flared his flippers out, stopping himself before further damage could be caused. He then let his head loll onto the earth, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. He suddenly stopped moving.

“Borealis!” I cried, running toward him as quickly as I could. I saw that most of his skin had been burnt away, leaving a red patch of dead flesh on his flank. I gasped for air as I neared his side, kneeling beside him and grazing my knees on the rocks. I attempted to support the large head, but it proved too much for me. Exhausted from fright, I could do nothing but look helplessly at the others.

The Walrein was breathing, but he shuddered slightly with every inhale. I saw that his chest was scratched horribly from the rocky surface he stumbled down. He had probably broken a few ribs, too. One flipper was bloody and cut from trying to stop him, and his good tusk was now scratched horribly and chipped along its side. Marigold, our resident healer, ran up to him and pulled some spiky-looking green stuff from her hand that she had somehow been carrying the entire time. She broke the plant part in two, allowing a sloppy liquid to coat the burn. “Aloe,” she explained hastily. “I don’t know how he’ll survive, though. We can’t leave him here.”

“It’s not too late to turn back,” I pointed out.

“Who’s going to stay with him? We need to keep going…” Her voice shook as she spoke.

Borealis cracked open one eye and breathed out, slowly regaining consciousness that he looked like he’d loose in just a moment longer. He ground out, “I…hurt… Hafta go on… Shad…Shadow, hurry.” He sucked in a breath. “Can’t breathe. Odd…help…” I reached out and held his uninjured flipper tightly, looking helplessly at Marigold. The Walrein passed out again immediately. We were all kind of young, but he still had a couple of precious years of childhood before him. He’d live for so much longer…

“We’ll have to abandon the mission,” I said simply with a challenging stare at Dalinto. His mouth was gaping open, and for a moment he looked extremely guilty. He closed his eyes and turned his head away. I could tell he believed it to be his own fault for making us go through with this. I lifted my chin a little and looked to Mica. She looked just as frightened as I felt, and she shook her head slowly.

“You’re right,” she murmured. “Let’s hurry and try to get him down.” She padded over to Borealis’s other side, her gaze ponderous, and she growled again. “Rolling him down is out of the question, and it’d be hard to pick him up.” She frowned heavily; her gaze suddenly flicked to me, grief obvious in her dark eyes. She padded up to my side and sat down, her muzzle close to my ear. She then whispered words I really, really didn’t want to hear…

“There’s nothing we can do. Nothing…nothing at all, Odd.”

I closed my eyes tightly, swallowing back a sob. “Marigold, do you have any of that poppy stuff you gave him for his tusk aching? That’d make the pain go away.” I didn’t need to add the words “until he leaves us”, because it was written in everyone’s eyes.

I suddenly slammed my fist down on the rock, ignoring how heavily I did it. Physical pain seemed scrawny, almost like a relief, compared to the pain I felt in my heart from our sudden loss. “This isn’t fair! Toxaril screwed up our damned lives! We wouldn’t be going through this if he didn’t…freaking…kill…our…trainer!” I shouted, banging my fist down on the stones again with every word.

For a moment, the others stared back in shock. Marigold’s face seemed afraid, and I felt tears streaming down my face. I began to sob, allowing myself to be pulled into the Ampharos’s gentle arms, allowing her to hold me as I wept. The canines approached, Dalinto resting his muzzle on my shoulder and Mica letting her tail drape over my arm. They were shuddering, too, even as they tried to comfort me. I finally gasped for breath and pulled away again, feeling shameful.

“I’m so sorry,” I whispered. “I don’t know what came over me; I…”

“Hush,” said Marigold simply. She held my hand, and I saw it was bleeding. I winced and pulled it away with a tired frown. Too much was going on, too quickly. First Nakkura leaving us, now this… I couldn’t go through this; it would kill me. I eyed the small pool of lava from the jet that had injured Borealis, but I shook my head. It wouldn’t be that simple to get rid of all of this pain. My life was basically heck thus far…

With more threats to come, I soon realized.

A sudden hissed caused me to turn my head, only to dodge a beam of scarlet-and-golden heat. An orange tortoise with a gray shell—it seemed to be glowing in hollowed areas with coals—stepped forward and moaned a challenge. Suddenly, a pool of magma further away rose into a definite shape, golden eyes staring out angrily. The Torkoal and Slugma approached us. They were scattered by three watery rings Dalinto blasted out, but they returned as the threat of the Water Pulse was gone. They seemed ready to attack, and possibly kill…

I looked at Borealis, who was struggling to breathe and still knocked out.

“I’m sorry, buddy,” I murmured, running toward the two Fire-types with a Crunch ready.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

*hugs Borealis* I hope he makes it through. He's such a lovable character and a very valuable part of the team. Plus he's a big, blue, adorable walrus and I don't want him to die.

Another great chapter from the talented Cliffhanger Megami. Now I have to wait impatiently for the next one.
Ripped from my world and tossed into the role of savior, I can't decide what's harder, ending a war destined to leave this world in ruins or fighting against my longing for home. I hate this world, I love this world, but it isn't mine. Why must I save it? Faye

My Completed Fan Fictions
My Cause|An Innocent's Revenge
Old 02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-

That was so sad... Don't tell me Borealis is going to die! That would be sad, and so early in the fan fiction too. ;_;

The Wasteland

Old 02-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune's Child View Post
*hugs Borealis* I hope he makes it through. He's such a lovable character and a very valuable part of the team. Plus he's a big, blue, adorable walrus and I don't want him to die.

Another great chapter from the talented Cliffhanger Megami. Now I have to wait impatiently for the next one.
It'll be a lot of waiting impatiently, because the next two chapters have to do with Nakkura. *evil cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Sunday View Post
That was so sad... Don't tell me Borealis is going to die! That would be sad, and so early in the fan fiction too. ;_;
I wasn't originally going to have this happen. It just popped into my mind, and I went with it. *hugs Borealis*
Old 02-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Hoshika Offline

I read the chapter and got your PM. Don't worry if I'm not commenting; I'm just reading. =P

Poor guy... WAIT A SECOND. I thought they had the ability Thick Fat that protects them from severe fire damage! Strong lava. O_o

I feel sad that nobody ever read my fanfic. though. ._.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
I read the chapter and got your PM. Don't worry if I'm not commenting; I'm just reading. =P

Poor guy... WAIT A SECOND. I thought they had the ability Thick Fat that protects them from severe fire damage! Strong lava. O_o

I feel sad that nobody ever read my fanfic. though. ._.
Also take into consideration that it protects him from fire damage, not lava damage. Hehe.

Oh, and I'm reading your fanfic, unless you've updated very recently. Don't worry if I'm not commenting; I'm just reading.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Nuuuu! Don't let him die! *tries to pick up Borealis, but can't*

Anyway, good chapter... But I officially hate my computer. I've been trying for the last hour to get on a particular page, but for some weird reason, it screws up every time I do. Thankfully, it wasn't this page.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Well, I've updated again. This chapter and the next have a lot of Nakkura in them. The prologue was set a long time after the battle, while the first real chapter with Odd and those guys was only a little while after. Now the two groups of characters are at the same period of time...

Chapter IV
Black Hearts

They were all terrified.

Just a moment ago, several of the Shadow Pokémon had learned of what had happened to the tough Shelgon. A black Pikachu with violet cheeks and stripes turned her head fearfully to glance at the dark Zangoose. He paced across the tough grass, his eyes narrowed in frustration and anger. The Electric-type turned her head away and shivered. The next moment, her ears pricked forward at the sound of air being beaten by giant wings.

Toxaril swooped over them, his dark violet skin flashing in the moonlight that shone down in cold rays. He began to circle, making a steady descend, and called out to them. “Well, our newest comrade will need a new guard,” he hissed. Nakkura looked up with indignant eyes once again. His pupils narrowed dangerously as the Shadow Lugia continued. “It may have to be one of you,” he continued, ignoring the mongoose’s angry stare. He looked directly at the Pikachu as he spoke.

She trembled under his garnet gaze and offered, “Perhaps a higher-ranking Pokémon? Perhaps a leader under you, a captain of some sort? Someone powerful is needed to deal with him.” She jerked her paw in the direction of Nakkura, who let out a loud growl in return. The others’ eyes darted from him to Toxaril, wondering who they should be more afraid of.

“A cowardly but interesting suggestion,” the black dragon mused aloud. “Gather our aerial messengers; get the word out. We’re going to find someone to deal with that Zangoose.” He gave Nakkura a smug grin.

The mongoose shrugged, looking at his claws. “Well, at least I know that I’m pretty important if you’re fussing over someone to guard me. I’ll take this as a compliment.” He turned his back on the other Shadow Pokémon and stalked back into his room with a raised chin. He doubted that anyone would come very soon.

However, one came.

~~~

The great dark dragon himself stood at the edge of the isle, his garnet eyes flashing slyly. The gray spikes on his back rattled with impatience as he swung his long violet neck around to grin evilly at the dark mongoose. Nakkura stared apathetically back, though he was less than thrilled that someone was soon arriving. It had been a few good days. “This Pokémon will have to show you the ropes. He knows a great deal more than you do. You will obey him, or you’ll answer to my fangs. Is this threat sufficient? After all, I can’t risk another death at your claws.” He narrowed his eyes thoughtfully. “We’ve lost…what…three already?”

Nakkura shook his head. “You’ve miscounted. Ray was the fifth.”

Toxaril let his breath out in a low hiss. “Ah…that’s right; there were two others. You destroyed them when you first awoke here and realized what you had become.” The Lugia’s voice had grown dangerously soft at this point, yet his tone was somehow mocking. The other Pokémon with him were an assortment of mid-sized beasts, who were more important than the small creatures and weren’t on missions like the powerful ones. They backed away as an approaching wave came into view before crashing down onto the docks. A dark shape spun up from the water and landed upright on one of the docks. The Pokémon chuckled darkly and deeply.

“Miss me, Nakkura?”

“Vanyu!”

The purple-streaked mongoose ran forward with an intense snarl of hatred. He brought his sharp claws down to strike the star-shaped Pokémon, who dodged to the side. Using his newfound powers, the Zangoose leapt back and held his paws out, dark energy forming between them. The sphere of swirling violet energy exploded into a broad beam that slammed into his opponent. Vanyu stumbled back and pivoted sharply to face his attacker, readying his own beam.

Although he had been watching the fight with clear amusement, Toxaril now flared one giant wing out to slam the Zangoose away as he tried to leap for the Starmie again. Nakkura let out another snarl, though he backed off, thinking back to the last time they had met in battle; Vanyu seemed to radiate smugness despite not being able to show expression. The Shadow dragon stared reproachfully at Nakkura and addressed the other. “Do you have any news to give us while you are here?”

Vanyu answered promptly. “We’re moving our forces to Mount Battle, as you wished. Everything there is going well…” He snickered to himself. The red-clawed Pokémon stared inquiringly at his new leader.

“Since the volcano is active,” Toxaril explained, folding in his wings, “the humans have left. The untamed Fire-types that live there are thriving now that the humans are no longer hosting tournaments there. We will have them join our forces.” He paused thoughtfully. “We should send you along, too. It’d be a good experience for you.”

“However,” interrupted Vanyu, regaining his composure, “someone has told others of this action. These ‘others’ have begun to climb up to find us. This all, of course, is just according to Chote. I’ve never known him to lie about what he thinks he saw, but I can’t promise you he actually saw it.” He laughed shortly, “Although he did provide some specifics details that prove that he’s giving accurate information…so I don’t see why we shouldn’t believe it.”

Nakkura let out a deep breath. “Who are the ‘others’?” he asked calmly, willing his fur to lie flat. In his characteristic way, he licked his ruffled black fur on his chest down arrogantly, his ruby eyes gleaming as they watched the Water-type with unconcealed suspicion.

Vanyu lifted the points on the sides of his body in a peculiar, mocking shrug. “Just a troublesome little group,” he said nonchalantly. Now, the points curled upwards slightly; it was the Starmie’s equivalent of a wicked grin. He hinted with a turn of his body toward the Zangoose, “Their leader is very odd, so it shouldn’t be a problem taking them out.” All of the other Shadow Pokémon turned slightly to see the black mongoose’s expression.

A stirring frustration arose in Nakkura, and he flattened his ears tight against his skull to show it. That was Odd and the others of Team Fang. He ground his teeth together. They didn’t trust him; they never had. They misunderstood him and his hatred for the Shadow Pokémon. He had pretended not to notice the guarded looks of suspicion Odd often gave him.

Also, however, at the mention of Team Fang, he felt regret. He had left a group with more or less the same views as he had. Now he was forced to work with his enemies, those he hated. This was all because of a miniscule hope that he could still protect him as he still felt he had to do over the months. He wanted to be stronger; now that he was, he took away any ties to the old team. He had some things in common with Toxaril’s forces, as well. Every step they all took left behind a bloodbath. They were powerful. They knew what they wanted and went for it. There was no pity or mercy given. However, Nakkura now remembered something else that contributed to him moving away from Team Fang.

Marigold had been killed.

The kind, gentle Ampharos had been the only one to understand him…to understand his fears. The Golduck, Amaya of Team Mist, had killed her. He had carried out his vengeance by destroying Amaya in turn. He felt the grieving pang in his heart come back and closed his eyes for a moment, hiding the pain they contained from the creatures with black hearts around him.

A dark grin played across his lips eventually. He let out a low growl, lifting himself onto his hind legs and clenching his paws into fists at his sides. With a determined stare that he swept around at the others, he smirked again and said, “Let us pay this troublesome little group a visit, eh?”

Toxaril smirked, for he had recognized the pure hatred in Nakkura’s eyes. The black mongoose had completely turned. He spread his wings to gain the attention of all of the other Shadow Pokémon. “You may go, but you’ll need some training. Vanyu will show you want you must do as a Shadow Pokémon. He will show you your powers, how to use them to kill. He will show you how to harness your Reverse Modes to create unstoppable power. Your goal now is clear. You will start a training session with Vanyu and some of the others, both new and loyal. Then, Nakkura, you will go to Mount Battle to get rid of his group.”

“Yes, Toxaril.”

Vanyu echoed with a tiny bow, “Yes, Toxaril.” He added a protest hastily, referring to the Zangoose. “Well, how can we be sure about this one?” His points stiffened as an old pain came back to him; the center of his body was sore from where the Team Fang members had struck his plate and gem again and again. He was looking forward to making them pay for it.

The Shadow Lugia shook his head. “I just need to ask him one question.” He turned to stare icily at Nakkura. “Do you have any ties to Team Fang anymore?” He smirked, a challenge evident in his burning gaze as he pinned the mongoose to the spot. Nakkura only stared back unflinchingly.

He considered the question for a moment. Ties to Team Fang? At last, he pictured the golden sheep’s gentle, smiling features. Her death replayed in the back of his mind, and he shook the images away with an outward flick of his ear. He would never see her again. He whispered, “No, I have none. Not anymore.” With a hidden glare of contempt at Vanyu, Nakkura straightened up and revealed his blood-red claws.

“I’ll crush Odd!”

Last edited by Kaze; 02-28-2007 at 12:07 AM.