Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kaze
Default >>Shadow Sky<<

In order to fully understand this story, you'd have to read Shadow Mist; it's just as awesome as this one. XD Shadow Mist was my first successful fanfiction, meaning that it was long (approx. 96 pages in Microsoft Word), it was commented on, and I finished it.

Shadow Sky

Chapter Names and Links
Prologue -- The Dark Lair
One -- Victory
Two -- Decisions
Three -- Trail of Fire
Four -- Black Hearts
Five -- Blood and Grit
Six -- Mountaintop
Seven -- Race
Eight -- Dark Pasts and Dark Futures
Nine -- The Gathering Storm
Ten -- Reinforcements
Eleven -- The Storm Breaks

Last edited by Kaze; 04-24-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: >>Shadow Sky<<

Prologue
The Dark Lair

An isle was set in the dark, stormy sea, where the waves were so violent that only powerful water vehicles and swift-swimming Pokémon could get through. The skeletons of long-dead human beings littered the ground around the lava streams, falls, and pools. A dark light seemed to emanate from the mountainous island and its several buildings. What was once a tube for an elevator was now shattered and broken, only just recently, by a large creature; that dragon stood directly below it, its eyes as vibrant red as garnet. Its skin was covered in feathers so sleek that they gave the illusion of plain skin of dark violet. Gray spikes adorned its back and tail.

This was XD001, the Ultimate Shadow Pokémon Experiment, gone horribly wrong. The beast that had once been Lugia, a legendary creature living in the depths of the ocean, had been transformed, its heart closed to any and all emotions. It had killed the humans that had created it around Citadark Isle, after first destroying a boy by the name of Sentii. That boy had sparked what it feared was guilt within it, and it had gone on a rampage. It learned of its ability to bring other Pokémon to the dark side, to make them Shadow Pokémon just like it. They would sport hues of dark violet, gray, and black, and they would wear shadowy auras like a second skin.

The monster beat its powerful wings and began to glide over the wild surf, feeling the wind pass its streamlined body in cool blasts. It saw a dark shape crossing the ground beneath it, and it fell into a steady dive, landing with elegance it retained from before its transformation. It hissed in displeasure and spat, “Where are you going, Ray? You were supposed to watch—”

“Please, Toxaril, sir…” The shaken Pokémon lifted ruby eyes to stare back at him. He had a tough shell made up of outgrowths like purple bone, and he was a roughly circular shape. The Shadow Shelgon explained hastily, knowing the leader had a quick temper. “I was called on a mission, sir. You gave me previous orders to be one of the reinforcement teams for Team Mist.”

Toxaril’s eyes narrowed, and he drew his head up. “My orders now are for you to guard that Zangoose!” Ray got the idea, nodding respectfully before starting to totter off. The progress was slow, so the Shelgon pulled in his stubby legs and began to roll toward a cavern behind a screen of falling lava. The Lugia spat after him, and then he spread his wings again and flew off, his sharp eyes inspecting other parts on the hot land mass.

Ray growled in distaste as soon as he was aware of the leader flying off. He started over to the other side of the room; it was dark, with broken machines sending off the occasional spark along the walls. Large test tubes lined the northern wall; the human organization had kept up with creating imperfect Shadow Pokémon that could be tamed and purified by trust and battling. Toxaril himself could make pure Shadow Pokémon, those who could only be returned to their original state if they were either killed or taken to one of the Pure Ones, creatures who never showed themselves to the world and who were swathed in legend and mystery.

“What was that about?” a male voice questioned. In the eastern area of the wall was a gaping hole that the Ultimate Experiment had blasted himself. Burning red eyes glimmered in the darkness. Ray froze for an instant, but he scrambled over as quickly as his heavy shell could allow him to.

“This is boring,” he replied, his tone thick with frustration. “I hate having to sit here and guard you. I could be fighting, training, or something. This place is simply horrible, you know? There isn’t anything at all to do.”

A mongoose-like Pokémon stepped out of the shadows, sharp red claws gleaming in the little glow from the dying, bare light bulb in the ceiling. The Zangoose was very thin but also very muscular, ribs protruding slightly from his sides. His fur was purest black. Where a normal Zangoose would have a red lightning-stripe, red forearms, red ear and mark on its eye, this Shadow Pokémon’s red areas were dark violet. Looking just as bored as Ray, he sat next to the Dragon-type and leaned back against the wall.

“I hate having you sit here and guard me,” he said in a darkened voice. “I could be fighting, too.” At this point, he ran his tongue along his ruby claws, taking on an almost longing expression.

The Shelgon rolled his eyes. “It’s not like you’re going anywhere.” The ebony Pokémon blinked in surprise and turned to face him. Ray continued, his voice dripping venom, “Toxaril told me all about you. Your situation is pathetic. You sought power because you were too weak to save you little buddies. Sissy and gullible.”

The weasel continued to stare at his claws, seeming unconcerned. “And you?”

“I fought Toxaril,” he said proudly. “I was so good that he allowed me to join.”

“Are you really that powerful?” The Zangoose stood up and started to pace, his fur bristling slightly. He could hear the air being beaten by the powerful wings of the Shadow Lugia. Inwardly, he was fuming, but externally he appeared calm and collected. He gave Ray a cool look as he turned his body to face him.

“Of course!” the Shelgon hissed.

The black-and-violet Pokémon smiled. “We’ll see about that.” He leapt forward silently, raising his claws to swipe them down, hard. Ray screeched in surprise and pain as they carved through the tough shell effortlessly. He pulled his legs in and tumbled forward. Although the group members under Toxaril were resistant to their own kind’s attacks, a few had retained the ability to have normal skills after being transformed. The Headbutt missed by a long shot, though, even if it would have dealt more powerful damage than normal Shadow attack; the Dragon-type’s tough and swift opponent had already stepped out of the way.

Ray didn’t see the razor-sharp claws coming toward his face until it was too late.

Outside, Toxaril landed, curious to know what produced the ear-splitting screech. Scenting blood, he stepped forward, surprised to see the Zangoose walking out of the building with a careless shrug of his shoulders. The Lugia narrowed his eyes at him in distrust, but the Shadow Pokémon only said, “You might need someone else to guard me. This one doesn’t have the heart to do his job; at least, it’s not inside of his body anymore.” He licked the blood running off of his claws with a wicked grin.

As the black creature walked off, Toxaril shook his head to himself with a smirk. He was faring well, ever since he had found him in Kuromatsu Forest the day after the battle. He had wanted to save his friends and to be stronger in order to do so. However, at this rate, he could believe he would be able to kill Team Fang, as well. He often showed resentment toward the thought of the Mawile, claiming that nothing was left for him now. Now, he only wanted power. Toxaril had promised to give him that power.

Presently, a voice grabbed at his attention. He lowered his large head to stare at a badger-like ferret Pokémon that was gray with violet stripes. The Linoone said tentatively, “I smell blood. Toxaril, what has happened?”

The dragon smiled. “Nothing. Nakkura just put Ray into early retirement. Come on; I have a mess for you to clean up.”
Old 02-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

So Nakkura is a shadow Pokemon now...
Though it seems he openly resists them. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Old 02-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

Nakkura is still cool...in a demented, Shadow Pokemon kind of way. I feel sorry for Odd and the rest of Team Fang. I'm sure they're going to have to fight him eventually...but I also feel sorry for Nakkura. He likes them, deep down inside. Or...he did, anyway.

I can't wait for the first chapter. I think this story is going to be even better than your last, if that's possible. :D
Ripped from my world and tossed into the role of savior, I can't decide what's harder, ending a war destined to leave this world in ruins or fighting against my longing for home. I hate this world, I love this world, but it isn't mine. Why must I save it? Faye

My Completed Fan Fictions
My Cause|An Innocent's Revenge
Old 02-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

... Pure Ones? The mention of these 'Pure Ones' intrigues me. I have to wonder... Are you going to do anything with them?

Aw well, great prologue, although I feel sorry for Ray. I can't help it, I love dragon Pokemon.

Last edited by Draconic_Espeon; 02-19-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-

The Pure Ones... Have you read Guardians of Ga'Hoole? xD Anyway...

It sounds like it will be a great sequel, and... um... I have nothing else to say except, I can't wait for the next chapter! ^^

The Wasteland

Old 02-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Sunday View Post
The Pure Ones... Have you read Guardians of Ga'Hoole? xD
Ooh! Ooh! I have! But those Pure Ones were evil... I really don't think Kaze means Barn Owls. XD

Old 02-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Ooh! Ooh! I have! But those Pure Ones were evil... I really don't think Kaze means Barn Owls. XD
You're right... But maybe she ment Noctowl's? xD Okay, I'll stop spamming now.

The Wasteland

Old 02-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

No, I didn't mean barn owls. XD I've read the Guardians of Ga'Hoole. I just now noticed that.

Anyway, this is the opposite. Remember Celebii in Coliseum and Gale of Darkness? It, Mew, and Jirach are the Pure Ones. *shrugs* I've almost finished the first chapter and I'll put it up as soon as I can.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Hoshika Offline

Nakkura... ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Megami View Post
No, I didn't mean barn owls. XD I've read the Guardians of Ga'Hoole. I just now noticed that.

Anyway, this is the opposite. Remember Celebii in Coliseum and Gale of Darkness? It, Mew, and Jirach are the Pure Ones. *shrugs* I've almost finished the first chapter and I'll put it up as soon as I can.
I remember the thing about Mew being a pure-souled Mirage System Pokémon AKA just a Mirage Pokémon. I wonder if something that seemingly doesn't exist can become a Shadow Pokémon. That would mean it becomes a Mirage Shadow, so it doesn't exist...?

Oh blah. I'll reskim through the prologue later. Boredom... >_>
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

This chapter is kind of short, and it re-introduces the characters briefly, so there's not a ton of stuff going on...

Chapter I
Victory

The darkness of the night swallowed up the broad hollow. The air was cooled by the wind, which rustled the tall blades of yellow grass. The trees held warmth where the breeze couldn’t reach. The whole area seemed peaceful, quiet, unlike the battlefield it had been an hour ago. Only the scattered bodies, hidden by the darkness, could show it. A battle had been fought between two teams.

I had led one of those teams.

Our battle with Team Mist had begun ages ago, ever since we took in an injured Golduck named Amaya. She had pointed the group out; we had gone to defeat them. Days later, Amaya revealed herself to be a Shadow Pokémon, betraying us all. Only recently did we launch into a serious battle. We had managed to escape. But, just a couple of hours ago, a new fight began. Team Mist’s leader, a Shadow Starmie named Vanyu, had given the order for his comrades to retreat; we had won.

I sighed as we stepped into the shadows of the trees and warmth passed over me. We were all very tired; we had suffered injuries, as well. I was glad we hadn’t had a single fatality. We had come pretty close, and we did have one loss: Nakkura. The pessimistic, aggressive, reserved Zangoose had probably been one of the strongest on our team. Due to reasons I couldn’t comprehend, he had run off. We weren’t in the condition to give chase. He was strong; he could manage on his own. He might even come back to us eventually, given a little time to pull himself together.

I felt a paw on my shoulder, and I turned to stare into the dark eyes of the golden Pokémon limping at my side. I smiled falteringly at the Marigold the Ampharos, my eyes darting to the large cut on her side. She had been injured before the fight. Later on, Amaya had almost killed her. I felt my heart clench at the thought. I didn’t know what I’d be able to do without Marigold. The sad moment was ruined by a sharp pang as I recalled her reaction as the Zangoose had left. It was him keeping me from being any closer to her…

“Come on, Odd,” she said, breaking me away from my pensive thoughts. “Borealis found a stream; he’s obviously glad about it. His tusk is killing him, too.” She frowned for a moment. “I could go get some—”

“You’re not going anywhere,” I growled firmly. She blinked at me in surprise and gave me a challenging smirk. “Ask Dorian to find whatever magical plant you need.” Knowing she’d correct me, I added, “Okay, herbs. Tell Dorian to get them; he’s the least hurt out of all of us right now.” She nodded and ran over to the spiky purple creature that had joined us not very long ago. The Nidorino was annoying as heck, but he was useful in some situations, and his heart was in the right place.

As she told him where the needed plants were, I jogged ahead to where the large blue Walrein was. Borealis’s right tusk had broken from a collision with a Shadow Pokémon in the battle, so now it was only at half the length it once was. He held his head tipped slightly to one side, as if the unbalanced weight affected him, but he broke into a grin as he saw me approaching. The young Ice- and Water-type lowered his head into the stream, slipping in with grace despite his huge size. He laughed childishly and waved a flipper at me. “Come on in; the water’s fine!” he called, sounding much like the young Spheal he was at heart.

Remembering that my last encounter with water had nearly drowned me, I tentatively walked up to the edge and sat down, letting my hooves dangle in the stream. I looked into the water and frowned slightly at the rippling reflection looking back at me. The Mawile’s cheek was cut, part of his arm bruised and dented. His eyes carried somber, pensive emotions that caused me to look away in partial shock. This was how I looked to the team. In an attempt to brighten my mood, I decided to go and talk with the others about something other than the battles…or Nakkura.

“Dalinto!” I cried, seeing the cerulean, canine Pokémon wandering toward us. The Vaporeon swayed his mermaid-like tail in acknowledgement and sped up slightly. “Borealis seems to be enjoying the water; you should be, too.” I knew very well that the Pokémon before me had saved my life and would’ve taken the responsibility of leadership onto his own shoulders if something ever happened to me. I prayed that time would never come.

“I’m tired, really,” he said, his mouth opening into a cavernous yawn as if to prove his point. He smirked sleepily and added, “I’ll just head over to that tree over there. It seems big enough to rest in.” He turned his head slightly, his dark eyes patient. Finally, another dog-like form limped into view. Her fur was short and black; she had bone-like ridges around her back and two badly chipped bone horns on her head. The Houndoom kept her weight off of her left forepaw as she approached. Dalinto greeted her with a nuzzle; Mica followed him to curl up among the roots of the trees.

A rest sounded good right about now. I yawned mightily and headed toward a broad rock ahead of me. I lay against its mossy, cool surface and rested my head on my arm. The day was finally coming to an end, and I was ready to sleep. No sooner had I closed my eyes than I leapt upright again. With a weary, resigned sigh, I stood up and walked closer to the brook, sitting by its gently rippling waters. I would have to keep guard. It was especially dangerous after the battle; more of Team Mist could’ve been lurking around the trees at that moment, as far as I knew. And, as leader, I knew it was my duty to keep watch if the others needed to sleep…

“Oh no, you don’t,” a stern voice whispered from behind me. I turned my head slowly and rolled my eyes at Marigold. The Ampharos sat next to me and shook her head. “You’re going to kill yourself if you keep this up. Like I said before, I know of many plants that could knock you out cold.” She stared at me, and I knew she’d stay there until I finally relented.

“No one else’ll do it, Marigold,” I reminded her. Hastily, I added, “You almost… Well, you’re not in any condition to stay up. Go to sleep.” I hunched my shoulders a little; I was a bird hiding beneath its wings. Except that I didn’t have wings. And I wasn’t a bird.

“Borealis could…” she began, but she shook her head and corrected herself. “Once Dorian comes back and I give him a dose of poppy seeds, he’ll be drowsy. Maybe Dorian himself could do it. At any rate, I’m not falling asleep until you are, Odd.” She narrowed her eyes at me, and I knew it was better not to argue.

“Fine, Mom,” I growled, heading back toward my rock.

Marigold smiled affectionately then turned her back on me to try and coax the Walrein out of the water. I fell asleep listening to her sharp voice reprimanding him and then Dorian later as he came back a little late.

~~~

I awoke, drifting tentatively away from my dreams that, for once, were without total danger. Still with images of friendly battle practice with the team in my head, I arose and looked around. My mouth stretched open in a gaping yawn, and I tottered forward on legs still battling the remains of sleep. My mind shook away the remaining fragments of the dream like an Eevee flinging away water drops from its pelt.

Dalinto was standing near me in a heartbeat, and I could tell from his expression it was on to reality. I shook my head, guessing from his look what he had to tell me. “Can’t the horrible news that will surely ruin my day wait until later, like…never?”

He chuckled. “Well, it’s more of a suggestion than horrible news.” He walked at my side as I headed toward the stream for a drink. “We should be moving back to Agate soon. We can continue to spend a few peaceful moments there. However, Odd, you have to consider this: we’re missing part of our team.” Here his voice lowered abruptly. “We need Nakkura back. We found him recently, but there haven’t been any signs of him as far as I’ve looked. Frankly, it wasn’t very far, but we need to take up the search once everyone’s recovered.”

I kneeled by the water and splashed some of it into my face to wake me up. Licking the remnants of the drops off of my lips, I shook my head and argued, “The team isn’t going to recover for a long while. We’re still injured and tired. It would take a while. I’m not going to press the team just to find that Zangoose.” I slyly offered a topic that would pierce his soft spot. “You wouldn’t want Mica’s recovery to be delayed or even end early, would you?”

He frowned. “Well, no, but—”

“That settles it, then,” I said quickly.

I walked away from him, but his voice called me back. “Odd, listen. We need to make sure of this now. Will we really go look for him once everyone’s better? I don’t want to put this off. At least, have you, me, Dorian, and Borealis start looking around. We’re all less hurt than Mica or Marigold.”

“What about someone to guard them?” I pointed out impatiently. “Dorian’s leaving anyway, and Borealis aches so much that it would only be you or me. And, Dalinto, just two of us aren’t going to stand up very well against a Shadow Pokémon attack!”

When he replied, he seemed very quiet and patient. I realized then that I had involuntarily raised my voice. He asked gently, “Odd… You don’t seem too keen on finding Nakkura. Is there something keeping you from doing it? Something keeping you from wanting him back?”

I felt a familiar ache in my heart and abruptly turned my back on him. I started to walk back to where the others were waiting. “No, Dalinto, there’s not.”
Old 02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Suicune's Child Offline
Master Trainer

I feel sorry for Odd. He's jealous of Nakkura because of Marigold but he knows the team needs him. What's he gonna do when he finds out what's happened to Nakkura? What's Marigold going to do?
Ripped from my world and tossed into the role of savior, I can't decide what's harder, ending a war destined to leave this world in ruins or fighting against my longing for home. I hate this world, I love this world, but it isn't mine. Why must I save it? Faye

My Completed Fan Fictions
My Cause|An Innocent's Revenge
Old 02-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

That's so sad. Odd and Marigold can't be together because of Nakkura... I think you should make a new love interest for Odd, so that he won't be lonely.

The Wasteland

Old 02-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Looks good, Kaze. Sorry, kinda tired, not real enthusiastic right now...

Anyway, I may start a fanfic soon. If you're interested, go ahead and send me a PM and I'll tell you about it.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune's Child View Post
I feel sorry for Odd. He's jealous of Nakkura because of Marigold but he knows the team needs him. What's he gonna do when he finds out what's happened to Nakkura? What's Marigold going to do?
Hmm. Good question. ^_^ Keep in mind that Nakkura still thinks that Marigold's dead, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball Sunday View Post
That's so sad. Odd and Marigold can't be together because of Nakkura... I think you should make a new love interest for Odd, so that he won't be lonely.
*hugs Odd* Well, we'll see how it works out for the cute little bear-trap/goat/thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Looks good, Kaze. Sorry, kinda tired, not real enthusiastic right now...

Anyway, I may start a fanfic soon. If you're interested, go ahead and send me a PM and I'll tell you about it.
That's okay. I feel the same way sometimes.