Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:26 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Battle Frontier, what did you think?

Ash finally won the Superbowl.
I saw Ash taken on Brandon, and with guts and determination that makes wrestling 2nd fiddle, Ash reached down deep in himself and won the big one. LIke Peyton Manning, Ash finally got the Primate off his back!

Yet I do wonder logically: Should Ash retire? I mean, he accomplished his dream. Should he still be staring in Pokemon and traveling with Hikari?

Discuss.
I think next week is Ash vs. May, 2 part contest.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:48 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Battle Frontier, what did you think?

Ash didn't have that much to do with it, it was Pikachu who dug in for the win.

In seriousness it was a brilliant battle, truly the best Ash ever has battled. It was great to see Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard and Pikachu battling altogther again.

This is the end of part of his dream, he's far from a Pokemon Master if a whole region remains unexplored! Now Ash is going to do what he does best; start all over again.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Bloody TC Offline
Elite Trainer

I saw that also but i think it was retarded when charizard fainted in the first round to dusclops.I mean come on charizard was his strongest pokemon!
Also what i don't get is why Brandon chose dusclops,shedinja,and solrock.I mean why didn't he use all 3 regis?he could have won if he did that!but i guess ash has to win somehow
Old 02-18-2007, 09:32 PM
-Starly- Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody TC View Post
I saw that also but i think it was retarded when charizard fainted in the first round to dusclops.I mean come on charizard was his strongest pokemon!
Also what i don't get is why Brandon chose dusclops,shedinja,and solrock.I mean why didn't he use all 3 regis?he could have won if he did that!but i guess ash has to win somehow
That's exactly what the writers wanted to prove, that Lizardon is not always going to prevail for Satoshi. If he did, Satoshi would always use him and the rest would be shafted. My opinions for the episode are a mixed bag. Sure it was nice to see the Kanto team, but I feel like that the Hoenn team got slapped in the face. The writers spent an entire season hyping up his Hoenn team, only to be thrown away at the last major battle in favor of the Kanto team.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:47 AM
BrassIttoTower Offline
Master Trainer

Battle Frontier takes place in Kanto, and acts as the anime counterpart of FR/LG. The Hoenn team had plenty of screen time and even Torkoal was brung back. They wanted SOMETHING to reconnect with Fr/LG and his first season, so bringig back his first pokemon was a given.

And ASh did not win any thing mayjor. He just won another battling competition. He's not gonna stop now whne theres all new pokemon regions to explore.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:18 AM
-Starly- Offline
Master Trainer

Arrow Tl; Dr Ftw!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassIttoTower View Post
Battle Frontier takes place in Kanto, and acts as the anime counterpart of FR/LG. The Hoenn team had plenty of screen time and even Torkoal was brung back. They wanted SOMETHING to reconnect with Fr/LG and his first season, so bringig back his first pokemon was a given.
Haruka's Fushigidane and Zenigame were used to advertise FR/LG. Let's not forget that even though it took place in Kantou, the main attraction is the Battle Frontier, which is from Emerald. Plus, the Kantou team were showcased more that the Houen team, being used in the entire Pocket Monsters saga. Advanced Generation was supposed to be showcasing Houen Pokémon and hyping them up so more people would buy.

But bringing back the Kantou team, which were showcased in both Kantou and Jouto, would state that the original is better since the Houen team wasn't able to beat Jindai. Each of the Houen team was beaten before BF ended, Jukian by Rejirock, Heigane by Chansey, and Cotoise by Rejisteel.

Quote:
And ASh did not win any thing mayjor. He just won another battling competition. He's not gonna stop now whne theres all new pokemon regions to explore.
Yes, because beating seven of the best trainers, almost rivaling the Elite 4, and becoming a candidate for a Frontier Brain is totally minor.

We all know that Satoshi's journey will never end (since we are talking about a 22-min ad), but don't call the BF not major.

Frankly, it's humiliating how Satoshi goes into a major losing streak after the BF ended.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Eh, well, the hero always has to win, be it movies, cartoons, or whatever. I wish Ash had lost instead. xD
Old 02-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Pooka Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pooka Send a message via MSN to Pooka

I wonder in the imaginary world of Pokémon how many people actually beat the battle frontier?

It would have been nice if the writers had thrown it in some where, then we would have had some idea of how big Ash's achievement was.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:49 PM
-Starly- Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post

Eh, well, the hero always has to win, be it movies, cartoons, or whatever. I wish Ash had lost instead. xD
Doesn't Satoshi losing twice to Jindai satisfy you?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Galaxy Offline
Experienced Trainer

I liked the contest parts. May looks SOOO cute when she's... Actually, May looks good ANYTIME!!! w00t

| My VPP | My BIO | My PIC |

| My Dawn |
Old 02-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Misty Fanboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I liked the contest parts. May looks SOOO cute when she's... Actually, May looks good ANYTIME!!! w00t
I wonder if Misty enters em' in Kanto... Too busy running the gym... Hey, that'd make a good episode for chronicles
Old 03-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Soul Dew Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Fanboy View Post
I wonder if Misty enters em' in Kanto... Too busy running the gym... Hey, that'd make a good episode for chronicles
w00t. w00t. w00t. A-S-H, S-A-T-O-S-H-I B-A-T-T-L-E F-R-O-N-T-I-E-R MASTER!!! W00T!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Fanboy View Post
They did make an episode in Chronicles about Misty running the gym in Cerulean... I rather liked the battle frontier, it shows how even though Ash is extremely strong, he still has far to go before becoming a master. Also, Lucy's obsession with things with slanted eyes was funny...
Old 03-05-2007, 08:02 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Re: Tl; Dr Ftw!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Starly- View Post
Haruka's Fushigidane and Zenigame were used to advertise FR/LG. Let's not forget that even though it took place in Kantou, the main attraction is the Battle Frontier, which is from Emerald. Plus, the Kantou team were showcased more that the Houen team, being used in the entire Pocket Monsters saga. Advanced Generation was supposed to be showcasing Houen Pokémon and hyping them up so more people would buy.

But bringing back the Kantou team, which were showcased in both Kantou and Jouto, would state that the original is better since the Houen team wasn't able to beat Jindai. Each of the Houen team was beaten before BF ended, Jukian by Rejirock, Heigane by Chansey, and Cotoise by Rejisteel.

Yes, because beating seven of the best trainers, almost rivaling the Elite 4, and becoming a candidate for a Frontier Brain is totally minor.

We all know that Satoshi's journey will never end (since we are talking about a 22-min ad), but don't call the BF not major.

Frankly, it's humiliating how Satoshi goes into a major losing streak after the BF ended.
Yeah...didn't they do the same thing after Ash won in Whirl Island I believe, came back, took on Gary, lost, and then found out about the Hoenn region I believe? I don't know Gary's Japanese name, sorry. I don't know why they use a repeat like that to tell about Shinou like that, and Gary has a Batista like Pokemon. I had to throw a little pro wrestling cliche in there as Gary's Pokemon was a real animal so to speak!

Can't they ever make Gary a nice guy? He sounds obnoxious as Drew/Harley. Too bad May/Hikari may never meet him.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Soul Dew Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Tl; Dr Ftw!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
Yeah...didn't they do the same thing after Ash won in Whirl Island I believe, came back, took on Gary, lost, and then found out about the Hoenn region I believe? I don't know Gary's Japanese name, sorry. I don't know why they use a repeat like that to tell about Shinou like that, and Gary has a Batista like Pokemon. I had to throw a little pro wrestling cliche in there as Gary's Pokemon was a real animal so to speak!

Can't they ever make Gary a nice guy? He sounds obnoxious as Drew/Harley. Too bad May/Hikari may never meet him.
I think they did...