Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort
Default Re: The Black River Crossing - Path of Jordan (PG-13)

Nice new chapter, kind of short, but good, nevertheless.

How did they know about Highway 47 in the first place though?

And what does suscribing to a thread do?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort View Post
Nice new chapter, kind of short, but good, nevertheless.

How did they know about Highway 47 in the first place though?

And what does suscribing to a thread do?
Well, he knew about it from a map.

As for subscribing to a thread, it will give you email notices when posts are made in the thread, as well as having the thread appear when you access your User CP.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Well, he knew about it from a map.

As for subscribing to a thread, it will give you email notices when posts are made in the thread, as well as having the thread appear when you access your User CP.
Did it say that in the story? Sorry if I missed that
Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Yay!

Jordan's grandpa was Nathaniel! I love that name, there's something special about it. Anyway, good thing Jordan, Diego and Naomi reached Highway 47. So Jordan's anscestors were Pokémon. Then why does he dream of humans? You really know how to keep someone hooked, Neo.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 03-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
Yay!

Jordan's grandpa was Nathaniel! I love that name, there's something special about it. Anyway, good thing Jordan, Diego and Naomi reached Highway 47. So Jordan's anscestors were Pokémon. Then why does he dream of humans? You really know how to keep someone hooked, Neo.

Deathspector
I couldn't help it, I needed a quick name so I used your RP character. Hope you don't mind. :P

As for Jordan's dreams... you'll see what they build up to. I think you'll find it quite interesting...

Old 03-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Soulbound

Time moves like the unpredictable ripple of water, the ever-flowing stream of life that nature absorbs. Of where we find ourselves as part of the fabric, the cloth of silk blowing in the wind…

Always rippling…

The hour was late and I was without answers. I was older now, the things I used to be afraid of were commonplace now. Like the darkness, and how I feared the constant presences of movement and presence I would not be ready for. It was the reason many feared the dark. The threat of knowing they could not see what could see them…

I’ve seen the human cities… and I took such pity upon them. Massive skyscrapers, parks, restaurants, and streets… now empty. This covenant was a reminder of what once was to us… like the living museum of our past. But as I knew now, it wasn’t the past meant for me. Had everything been normal, I would have lived a normal life… in the wild. But as I gazed upon these cities, I could not help but remark at the sheer beauty of human architecture, construction, and imagine that such massive, gorgeous pieces of work were built by human hands… by creatures so much smaller than they were.

And the lights… endless… lights, filling the cityscape with a soft and colorful glow. They were darkened now, the fully burnt wick of the candle of human society. But what if… what if it wasn’t too late? Why live on this dark highway at night, when we could move there and see what it was really all about so many years ago? Perhaps… before it all crumbled back to the ground and became a part of nature again…

I walked alone that night, down the dark highway. I knew it was a dream, for I felt nothing. This was for my eyes only, and in the deepest recesses of my imagination, I opened it all before me.

I saw the cars, traveling down the road at night, with their headlights filling the endless path of asphalt with a soft light. And the cities like the sky, filled with tiny lights… like stars. In this dream, nothing could hurt me. Cars passed through me, like I was a ghost. I saw their faces from behind the glass. Some of them anxious to go home, others impatient from the traffic, and others with the face of being lost or confused. But in each of those faces, I saw humans… I saw people with a story. I did not know where they came from, but they all had a place to go. They all moved in different directions…

…like rippling water…

These were the seeds of what once was. The flower of society… before it had wilted. I stood before everything, picturing it as how it should have been. I didn’t understand though… when I was never meant to be a part of it. If all this had never happened, how different and how much easier things would have been.

Or was it…?

Camouflaged Shadows

I awoke, not really understanding what my dreams were trying to tell me. I woke up, realizing how reality is and where I really was in the world. I was here, it didn’t mean anything if I was supposed to be or not. I knew nothing could be assumed without risk of it never being true. There was a difference between that… and knowing for certain.

Diego and Naomi were still sleeping, but it felt late. Too many times, I thought we would live out our lives here, but what I didn’t know what that was never meant to be. But it wasn’t us who would be deciding. I did not know where they came from or how they found it, but they arrived. Each of them… came like night.

I heard the loud rumbling and hammering of a machine, moving its way toward the town. I opened the tent just enough so I could look out, and there it was, a revived motor vehicle, probably a bus or van of some sort. I had forgotten the difference between the two, having never seen the both of them together.

It was dark gray in color, and obviously not freshly created. Somehow, they had revived it, and it could move again. When I saw them leave the vehicle, I realized who had arrived in town. Dyson Corp’s employees. But why, I couldn’t tell…

They left the van, one by one, bearing the markings of Dyson’s logo. I recognized them as the enforcers, making sure everyone follows Dyson’s law. I also recognized the weapons they were carrying, definitely Blacksteel Crossbows, which were very fast and very deadly. I knew what they were here for. But no one else would know the way the three of us would know…

“EVERYBODY OUT!” One of the Dyson Enforcers shouted loudly, this one being a very disgruntled Tyranitar.

It was enough to wake Jordan and Naomi. They got up quickly from the shock, and they looked at me, just looking out side and seeing Dyson’s forces spill into our settlement.

“Jordan, what’s going on?” Diego asked me, looking concerned.

“Dyson Corp arrived in town.” I told him, still watching them from the tent opening, “Looks like the end came sooner than we thought.”

But still, Naomi was very uneasy. She didn’t understand why this had to be done…

“What are we going to do?” Naomi asked me, wondering what choices we had now, “Were they following us?”

“I don’t know…” I told her, really knowing nothing about what their real intentions were, “Hopefully they don’t know about us…”

Still, I opened the tent up and told them to follow me. If there was anything going down, it was best not trying to start anarchy over it. Shortly after, we left the tent and stood outside, just watching Dyson’s Enforcers go from house to house, tent to tent and whoever wasn’t out of their homes already was forcefully pulled and yanked out. Many times, damage was even done. And many times, they threatened to shoot them with the crossbows if they didn’t listen. I had heard a scream, and I quickly turned to see a Vulpix had been shot in the front leg by one of the bolts. Not even caring about her pain, the Charizard who shot her pushed her out and made sure the tent was clear.

I saw Marcus, coming forward to confront the Dyson Enforcers. While we outnumbered them, they were stronger. I saw seven Dyson Enforcers already, many of them moving relentlessly. A Rhydon had pulled two Marill out of their tent, and grabbed their crying Azurill child and nearly threw her outside the tent. Meanwhile, her parents were nearly in tears themselves, not even sure what they had done wrong.

A Nidoking Enforcer had ripped open a makeshift wooden house, completely tearing off the front. Inside was a Magmar and his younger Magby son… very likely the same one that was playing with Naomi yesterday. They too, were shown no mercy, forcefully pulled out of their ruined house and thrown outside despite their pleas.

Many of us were in tears, not understanding why this was happening or what they had done wrong. And I’m quite sure there were several of them that didn’t even know who they really were. Meanwhile… we knew… we literally ran away from the first ones that had gotten mom and dad…

I didn’t know what was going to happen now… but our very freedom was in serious danger…

“What the hell is the meaning of this!?” Marcus shouted out at the Dyson Enforcers as they ransacked the area.

Everyone was talking, crying, having no clue as to what was going on. Meanwhile, I just kept quiet, watching them closely. Eventually, an Ursaring Dyson Enforcer came around to our tent, looked us over, quickly and forcefully checked the tent to make sure no one was still in there, and moved on to the next house next to us.

Once every house was checked and everyone was forced outside, the Tyranitar stepped forward. Amidst all the crying, fear, and whispering, he began.

“SHUT UP!” He shouted furiously.

Eventually, we were all quiet, fearing for our safety. Some of the younger children were still whimpering, but other than that, there was no sound at all, just silence. I had a good feeling they didn’t know we had escaped Grayside City, but I couldn’t be so sure. I guess the one good thing was they weren’t paying attention to the three of us in particular.

“All of you are guilty of tax evasion, building on commercial property, and refusal to comply with Dyson’s Employment Code.” The Tyranitar continued, sounding very angry as he looked upon everyone, “I’ll say it now, this land is NOT yours! Now give me a good reason why I shouldn’t rip off each of your heads and crap down your necks.”

I kept looking at them apprehensively. But still, no one made a move. Only Marcus came forward to confront them, trying to be strong in front of Highway 47’s citizens. I knew this must have been a very hard move for him to make.

“These Pokémon have done nothing to hurt you.” Marcus told the Tyranitar, giving him a strong and serious glare, “They only live here because they choose not to be Dyson’s slaves.”

“THEY NEVER HAD THAT CHOICE!” The Tyranitar screamed in his face, “By nightfall, there will be nothing left of this place. YOU HEAR ME!? NOTHING! They’re coming in shuttles to transport the whole lot of you withering maggots to Veno, where you will spend the rest of your lives. If you live, sleep, and eat anywhere in Metro, you will always be under Dyson’s rule.”

Marcus was getting angrier, but I knew that was the truth. In fact, I was almost surprised this didn’t happen to this place earlier…

But now… the moment was inevitable…

Old 03-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
I couldn't help it, I needed a quick name so I used your RP character. Hope you don't mind. :P
Well, if I did, then I would have said in the beginning. No, it's not anything that belongs to me, so you have every right to use it.

Quote:
As for Jordan's dreams... you'll see what they build up to. I think you'll find it quite interesting...
About that, I have a theory. Maybe Jordan wasn't a Pokémon, but something that converts them to humans will be discovered, and Jordan will take it. Momentarily, as I know you prefer to write about Pokémon. Far fetched, but it comes from theorising about Harry Potter. Everything there is far fetched.

And incidentally, you do like your titles with the words "Bound", don't you? Firebound, Unbound, and now Soulbound. I think there was another one...I dunno.

Deathspector

Old 03-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
About that, I have a theory. Maybe Jordan wasn't a Pokémon, but something that converts them to humans will be discovered, and Jordan will take it. Momentarily, as I know you prefer to write about Pokémon. Far fetched, but it comes from theorising about Harry Potter. Everything there is far fetched.

And incidentally, you do like your titles with the words "Bound", don't you? Firebound, Unbound, and now Soulbound. I think there was another one...I dunno.

Deathspector
Hate to say it, but your theory is wrong. Sorry. It's something even deeper than that. XP

I like the word "Bound," as it is a very strong word in my opinion. Not to mention that's a pretty strong theme throughout the entire story.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Hoshika Offline

That Tyranitar is evil. =|

Good chapter, though; when will any of the protagonists actually use an attack? Or anybody at all? I think that is at least a little more humane than a crossbow and plucking their heads off.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
That Tyranitar is evil. =|

Good chapter, though; when will any of the protagonists actually use an attack? Or anybody at all? I think that is at least a little more humane than a crossbow and plucking their heads off.
Well, Dyson Corp. are evil, aren't they? So a crossbow would be their preferred usage of weaponry. It's a nice change from guns, Neo.

Anywa, I thought it might be deeper than the obvious. Time to get into my theory-mode.

Deathspector

Old 04-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Breakpoint

It was their silence that spoke as the question drove them. Impairment…

As I still questioned the means… the cords of fabric that drove me to this point.

They waited… for the shuttles. For their miserable fates of being under the same system that shattered us in Grayside. But… only the three of us really knew how harsh that really was. They would be starving… though they were perfectly capable of growing their own food. They would be deprived of all happiness… of all hope of ever leading a life that wasn’t in such dire and bitter servitude. Others… would be homeless. Dyson… was hungrily sucking the marrow from the desolate skeleton that was Metro.

Five of them… hundreds of us…

They walked among the ranks of us civilians. I saw a Kirlia, struck hard by the Ursaring for crying too loudly. Her tears… were replaced by gasps, totally in shock from the cruelty.

“Five of them… hundreds of us…” I whispered softly, speaking what was on my mind.

“What did you say?” Diego asked me, unable to figure out what I had just said.

I looked in a different direction, and saw the Nidoking, threatening to kill a newborn Mareep with the crossbow if her parents couldn’t get her to keep quiet. However, they were barely able to stop crying themselves, and never before had I seen a pair of Ampharos look so miserable.

“Five of them… hundreds of us…” I said a little louder.

“Jordon, don’t be crazy, they’ll kill you.” Diego warned me, knowing what I was thinking, “Think about mom and dad!”

“Dad… wouldn’t want us to be dragged to Veno…” I told him, thinking hard, “And mom… didn’t give herself up for this… not like this…”

“Jordan…” Naomi whimpered in panic, wondering what I was going to do.

But we stopped… and fell dead silent when we saw the Charizard Dyson Enforcer approach us with an angry look in his eyes.

“Weren’t you three told to shut up!?” He shouted, giving us an angry glare.

I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. He had his crossbow down, and he saw no strength in us at all. No retaliation. My ears down, knowing how much he really didn’t know who we were or where we came from. I then looked to Diego, and gave him the signal.

“Swing higher.” I whispered to Diego.

“Swing higher.” He replied, knowing what I was about to do.

I then focused my concentration on my agility, and Diego did the same. I ran toward the Charizard, and he would never see it coming. I leapt at his throat so fast, and grabbed it with my two red cheeks flaring with electricity. Meanwhile, Diego latched onto his back, and we both struck him with a vicious Thunderbolt at the same time. His sudden howl of pain and the bright flaring of thunder suddenly caught everyone’s attention.

He tried to fight us, I can sincerely say he did. He had dropped the crossbow and tried to slash at us. And unlike what I had expected, even Naomi, despite her such young age, had lunged toward the Charizard’s abdomen, sending her own electrical power surging into the Charizard’s abdomen. After five more seconds of vicious flaring of power, we released our grasp… just as he let out one last roar before he fell to the ground.

Time froze at that moment, with the hard pounding of my heart. We had broken the threshold, and we proved that no matter how small we were, or how much they underestimated us, there was one evident fact, and when it came down to it, that’s all that mattered. When they all saw that Charizard fall, one message flew through their minds.

We CAN fight back…

I then caught sight of the Ursaring, who was totally bewildered at what just happened. I charged forward, and filled my lungs with air to release the one cry that would change everything.

“You’ll never take our freedom away!” I screamed, charging right for them.

A Quilava and a Donphan that were right near me were broken from Dyson’s control, and followed me with the charge. And then, like that, the wave had started. All of Highway 47’s citizens turned toward the ones that were oppressing them, and it wasn’t long before Dyson’s Enforcers faced far more resistance than they had ever hoped to imagine…

A Machoke had grabbed the Ursaring’s back, and while the Quilava attacked the front of him with a Flamethrower attack, I released another Thunderbolt at him. Meanwhile, the Donphan surged at him with a vicious Rollout attack, and when it struck, the Machoke struck the Ursaring with a Mega Punch attack at the same time, slamming both powerful opposing forces straight into his body. His crossbow fell to the ground as he reached out… eyes wincing from the massive pain as he collapsed to the ground.

Marcus had taken the initiative to attack the Tyranitar with a massive Hydro Pump attack. And all around him, the citizens of Highway 47, both parents and children, waged total rebellion against Dyson’s Enforcers. All of them… were struck down, overwhelmed by the sheer number of resistance. The Nidoking, assaulted by two Sandslash, an Azumarill and a Ninetales, never thought he’d have to fight so many at one time. And then the last of them… the Rhydon was assaulted by a Swampert, a Hitmonlee, and a Weavile. There was nothing he could do… except crash to the ground.

When all five of them were down, we looked and their fallen bodies, and realized what this meant…

Marcus tried to catch his breath, and it wasn’t like before Cyrus came to his side. They looked down the road with a forlorn look in their eyes, and they knew…

“The shuttles are coming.” Cyrus told him, “They’re going to find out what we did.”

“And we can fight them too.” I spoke up, looking into his eyes, “We’ve… been to Grayside… and they never fought back. They never did… and that is why you prosper… and they fall apart like leaves…”

Marcus looked into my eyes… almost admirably. I could tell… he knew I was speaking the truth and seeing what else was really out there for himself. I was still trying to recuperate from the recent conflict, but I was more than ready to keep fighting.

“You… led the charge… didn’t you…?” He asked me, recognizing me, “You’re not even a native here… and yet you were willing to risk everything…”

“It’s only after you’ve lost everything that you’re free to do anything.” I told him, knowing that’s how it came to be, “We lost everything in Grayside. Our home, our lives, and our parents. They came here… to do the same to you.”

The other citizens of Grayside looked at me, stunned, shocked, and others… ready and willing to continue fighting. The shuttles would soon arrive… but none of them would be going back…

“Marcus… this is flat out rebellion against Dyson you’re talking about.” Cyrus warned him, “We take down those shuttles and Dyson will know about it for sure. Then they’ll come back with Unity forces, and they won’t ask us to leave. They’ll just shoot.”

“We head north to The Heights and we get the Pokémon living there to rise against Dyson.” Marcus told him in a firm voice, “Dyson’s patrols there are very minimal. We liberate that city, and that will mean our numbers will rise dramatically.”

It was a very difficult decision, but if we stopped now, we would never be free. I didn’t want this last bastion of freedom to be taken away forever. It was our chance… to stand firm against Dyson.

“But… The Heights have a lot of greedy corporations.” Cyrus told him, still unsure, “We attack them and… Dyson will be furious.”

“The Heights also have many Pokémon that live in shambles, and are just itching for a rebellion.” Marcus told him, “Thousands… upon thousands. I’m sure any one of them would willing to set down their change collecting cans… and take up arms against those that oppressed them in the first place.”

“I hope you know what you’re doing, Marus.” Cyrus sighed, still looking doubtful, “This is a pretty dangerous road… but… man, if we can go all the way and stop Dyson… my god, I couldn’t imagine how many good things could come from it.”

I then closed my eyes, and kept the thought to my heart…

“And that’s something worth fighting for…” I told him…

Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Hoshika Offline

Yay! Finally! Battling! AND rebellion! AND Volt Tackle? Let's go with that! Volt Tackle!

Awesome chapter, Neo. Probably my most favorite. =D
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

OMG NEO! I lunged here when Hoshika told me you posted another part to your fic! Dude it ruled more then life and catnip! (well maybe not catnip but you get my point)

=^^= Nya
Old 04-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Yay! Finally! Battling! AND rebellion! AND Volt Tackle? Let's go with that! Volt Tackle!

Awesome chapter, Neo. Probably my most favorite. =D
Yeah, I know its been a little since I last updated this. We can say Naomi attacked with Volt Tackle. :P

Glad you liked this one, felt like I had to bring this back with a bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
OMG NEO! I lunged here when Hoshika told me you posted another part to your fic! Dude it ruled more then life and catnip! (well maybe not catnip but you get my point)

=^^= Nya
Hey, glad you liked it too. But yeah... the story definitely does shift gears here. You'll see how it turns out and you know... I have a good feeling you'll be pleasantly surprised at how it all really turns out in the end.

Again, thanks for reading.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Awesome new chapter! Down with Dyson Corporation! Though I wonder if it'll work... they have the cross-bows.
Well, I guess only Neo can say for sure.