Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Interactive Boards Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Hoshika Offline

Default Re: Hoppip Takes Over the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariax View Post
Are you going to judge today or tomorrow?
I'm getting the grades done right now. And I'm working on a game project.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Hoshika Offline

Sorry for the double post.

WINNERS
First Place: ali3729328 -
Second Place: Callum -
Third Place: Ariax - AND Pikablu Pie -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myst3rio565 -

Appearance: The bulb is messed up, many chunks of pixels are missing, and its shading is pretty rough. (The other ear is missing!) 1/5
Creativity: You took the semi-easy road and stuck Hoppip's body parts onto Bulbasaur's body instead of vice versa. You did, althouugh, make it a "stronger" mix of the two by removing the spots and making the leaves stick out of its bulb. I bet you had it going good in your head. 3/5
Hoppipicity: It looks like a Hoppip, except a little scarier. The main body parts of Hoppip are there, so good. You get a point off because of the Van Gogh-ification of its ear. 4/5
Outlines: Terrible. Simply terrible. The lines on the bulb are goofy, and there's lines missing on its "ear" and behind. 1/5
Light, Shading, & Colors: You obviously used the correct colors, but the leaves have "reverse" shading. 3/5
TOTAL: 12/25 (About average)

foxandyounglink -

Appearance: Looks mostly like a pale shiny Hoppip with a leaf on it. Not much here, but still cute. 3/5
Creativity: You actually recolored the eyes! Nice move trying to make it look more like Chikorita with the leaf, but it could have gone better. At least the skin matches! 3/5
Hoppipicity: The base is Hoppip, so, duh. Good maintaining its form, even if you didn't do much. 4/5
Outlines: Same same, but make sure the darkest outlines are the same color. 4/5
Light, Shading, & Colors: Shading went funky(leaf is different and its skin is a blocky shading). Colors definitely match, but it's that weird shading that knocks you down. 3/5
TOTAL: 17/25 (Good)

ali3729328 -

Appearance: It looks like you took a long time with this little guy. There's something wrong with its spikes, though; the tiny black lines. The top looks like a hat-ish thing, but it's okay overall. 4/5
Creativity: You took the harder path, according to what I see. Looks like Cacnea, even its mouth! This is practically flawless. 5/5
Hoppipicity: I see the Hoppip in this Cacnea-fied dude. Its ears are cute with that color. 4/5
Outlines: Parts of it are too black-outlined. Plus, some of the black pixels aren't the same color. There's the hat thing again... 3/5
Light, Shading, & Colors: Hmm... I don't see anything wrong with it, except for the top of its head. There could be more shades of green, though, but that's just me. 4/5
TOTAL: 20/25 (Great)

Callum -

Appearance: It looks like its head was almost severed! Besides that, there's nothing wrong. 4/5
Creativity: Great thinking about the Hoppip becoming a head. And it's funny how you got it to seem like Ivysaur so much. It was also good to NOT recolor the plant on its back, but if you don't include that, it'll seem like pasting Hoppip's head on it. Sorry dude. 2/5
Hoppipicity: Repeated before: Head. Still recognizable, but only has a few of the Hoppip components. 4/5
Outlines: An itty bit of its outline is different. 4/5
Light, Shading, & Colors: Nothing wrong here, but in my opinion, you shouldn't have gone with that body. Pink seems a little odd on a big Pokémon. 5/5
TOTAL: 19/25 (Great)

Pikablu Pie -

Appearance: The little guy looks like a beanbag Sunkern, being flabby like that! Sprout fixes that up, though, so I'll give you *almost* full score for this. OH YEA, you forgot the jaggedy part at the top of it, but whatever. 4/5
Creativity: You really chose a good match for Hoppip; both are about the same size. Nothing really to say here. 5/5
Hoppipicity: I can only recognize that it's a Hoppip by its eyes and shape. If I didn't know what a Hoppip was, I wouls think it's a blobby Sunkern, as mentioned before... but still, I get the same idea. 3/5
Outlines: You went funny with the placing of the second darkest color on the lines, since it doesn't really work back there in the shade. And you could have fixed the plant a little, that blackness there bothers me. 3/5
Light, Shading, & Colors: Light shouldd have been reduced on the right side of the plant, and there's too much shade on the back of the Hoppip. The colors are another thing that made it look blooby, but that won't affect your other grades. 3/5
TOTAL: 18/45 (Very Good)

tyvoke -

Appearance: It doesn't look right! Those eyes look pretty dull for a Hoppip, and the roses scare me from that position. It doesn't look too happy, either, but resembles Roselia a lot. 2/5
Creativity: Even if it IS scary looking, it must have been hard to get all those details onto it. I see effortnessity! 4/5
Hoppipicity: Odd for a Hoppip; it seems to have six limbs instead of four. Anyways, I can basically see it was a normal Hoppip. 4/5
Outlines: OMGYOULIEKCUTNPASTED!!!111! The roses' outline colors don't match up with the rest of the Hoppip, so that knocks you down one point. Nothing else is wrong. 4/5
Light, Shading, & Colors: The red rose should have put shade onto its face while the rest could have been brighter. And there's that dot of light over on its left. 3/5
TOTAL: 16/25 (Good)

Crystal Eon Guardian -

Appearance: The mouth looks like jelly frosting, and there's something funny about that Oddish leaf part. Nothing else bad. 3/5
Creativity: Nice, but it's that leafy part! It makes the ear looks funny, and then... meh. 3/5
Hoppipicity: Obviously Hoppip, and obviously an Oddish mix at the same time. 5/5
Outlines: Good in a way that it's official, but that's because you cut 'n' pasted. 3/5
Light, Shading, & Colors: No problems, but it looks a little funny. Maybe you should have tried a better shade of Oddish coloring? 3/5
TOTAL: 17/25 (Good)

Ariax -

Appearance: It... it... it... pink... 4/5
Creativity: Nice job with the Hoppip base! Must have been hard. Most people would paste the leaves onto a recolored Paras. 4/5
Hoppipicity: More Paras than Hoppip. 3/5
Outlines: It's all good! ...Except for that foreleg over on the right. 4/5
Light, Shading, & Colors: Too much pinky-ness. Nobody stopped you from using SHINY Hoppip! 3/5
TOTAL: 18/25 (Very good)
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:

Last edited by Hoshika; 02-08-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Myst3rio565 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Myst3rio565 Send a message via MSN to Myst3rio565

About the bulb....It wouldn't fit on the body...ANYWHERE!! xP So, I just scratched it kinda....anyway, is that it, nothing else to do?
Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst3rio565 View Post
About the bulb....It wouldn't fit on the body...ANYWHERE!! xP So, I just scratched it kinda....anyway, is that it, nothing else to do?
Oh no, there's another one. I just have to update.

And you chopped its ear off... ;_; And part of its butt. XP

Quote:

Old 02-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Myst3rio565 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I guess I should have scratched the ear....It wouldn't look right if I just smacked it on...
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Question about the second stage: Does Hopip have to be the base of our fusion? Or can we have the starter pokemon be the base?

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 02-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvoke View Post
Question about the second stage: Does Hopip have to be the base of our fusion? Or can we have the starter pokemon be the base?
Either one, but it will affect your score.

Quote:

Old 02-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Chewy Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Chewy

Question about this round: Can we use an evolution of a starter?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Fuse Hoppip with any non-Grass-type starter PokÚmon(including Pikachu and Eevee). It can be their evolutions/pre-evolutions, too. Sinnoh is included, just remind me what their name is. XP
*Ends February 10th, 2007*
BAM!

Okay, now you get it. Please read carefully!

Quote:

Old 02-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Myst3rio565 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Nevermind, lets admit it, I suck at fusing, period, end of story. I'm only good at recoloring and trainer cards (which isn't hard at all)....

Last edited by Myst3rio565; 02-08-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Chewy Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Chewy

Umm...Pikahops shall take over the world?
Pikachu/Hoppip Fusion.
Pikachu's colors. Hoppip base.
The tail was scratched...

Old 02-08-2007, 05:47 AM
Kenneth Offline
Elite Trainer

Ha-ha! A Hoppip ready for swimming lessons!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 AM
Ali the Dark One Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via MSN to Ali the Dark One

Question: Can we enter more then one Hoppip?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3729328 View Post
Question: Can we enter more then one Hoppip?
No. It's only to make it fair. ^^;

The two entries above are accepted.

Mysterio, it's supposed to be a non-Grass type.

Quote:

Last edited by Hoshika; 02-08-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Ok not what I expected but meh:

I actually did use hoppip as the base but I kinda turned its face into a body ;l lol
In my opinion it looks like a weird flying pink charmander ;P

Oh and yes I did two because I wasn't too sure on the wings ;l