Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon Main Boards Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:40 AM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Pikachu over rated? Fire pokemon getting played?

Well I am finally getting to see Lucario and the mystery of mew. I like the intro but got disappointed at the credits already. What made me mad was Pikachu hit a Breloom with a Iron Tail and Breloom just went down on its back. I just hate how over rated they make Pikachu. I wish they had another Mascot for Pokemon instead of him. I am happy to see Gary beat him down with that Electabuzz Evo. And I feel that Fire pokemon are not getting any type of recognition. I feel Nintendo thinks like this "Hey we made a fire chicken what can we make next? OHHHH!! A Fire monkey!! I mean come on. The last thing needed is another fire fighting type. I was hoping they could make a fire/dark for a starter. Well not a starter but the end evo of a starter. But my dreams got shot down. They need to expand the fire types being made. Also big ups to those people who like Water Pokemon. I mean steel/water thats a sick combo. I like it even though it makes u weaker against fire its still cool in my eyes. Well this is my opinions. Talk about it. Flame if u want. Dont care its your life.

Back down?? Sorry never learned how to.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:13 PM
venablastzard Offline

Default Re: Pikachu over rated? Fire pokemon getting played?

Yeah I have always wondered why they chose Pikachu for Ashes starter and not someone else.But I dont think Ican imagine Ash without pikachu
Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 PM
DarkAmethyst Offline

Send a message via MSN to DarkAmethyst

I don't really think Pikachu is over rated. I mean, Ash has had it since his very first day as a Pokemon trainer and that was like what, two, three years ago? (In the anime) He's trained with it ever since he first got it, so it has to be at least moderately strong.

"There is no hope of winning unless you fight."

Old 01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yeah I'm a big Pikachu fan and love nothing better than to see Pikachu in a battle. As angel fire says Ash has had Pikachu for a long time it's understandable it's powerful.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Hoshika Offline

First of all, Pikachu can fit into the starter cycle.

Electric --> Water --> Fire --> Grass

Grass has some resistance against Electric types, so it works.

Second, how long has Ash been a trainer? Wouldn't you say about 3 years in animé time? I SUPPOSE Pikachu would be at level 70 and would be able to defeat a Breloom.

And about the Fire types, what other type would a chimpanzee/gorilla Pokémon be? They're strong. Duh...

And organize your posts.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I am a major Pikachu fan. Sorry, but if Pikachu wasn't highlighted as much as he is now... who knows where I would be?

Again, Ash has had Pikachu for YEARS. Think about the Pokemon you have in the game. If you raise them to a high level in only a few months... imagine how powerful Pikachu would be.

And come on, who could not love Pikachu's smile?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:57 PM
BrassIttoTower Offline
Master Trainer

Yeah, I think Pikachu is overated. It's lost all it's personality! Pikachu just feels like a wallflower to Ash, who's losing his flare as well as that rambuncious pokemon trainer we fell in love with.

And that's the thing, why do people enjoy seeing high level pokemon beat the crap out of newcomers? I mean c'mon, Ash is just cheating all his other pokemon whn he takes Pikachu with him.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Bloody TC Offline
Elite Trainer

I like pikachu and all but i think he is overated and all of Ashes pokemon are.

I mean come on,he has had pikachu for like 3 yrs and could beat people who have been pokemon trainers for like 50 years. ( Price,battle palace guy)
Old 02-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Yeah. Pikachu is getting overrated. I mean yeah it cute and junk but that is the perfect mascot for a game these days. As in Ash and his pikachu. They are just made for each other. Pikachu isn't a wallflower and if you haven't notice little pikachu is a mini Ash but with some brains. Still lets not get into levels and junk. I have to say that game has finally caught up to where the anime is when they redid the speacial and attack thing. It now helps explain the show now. If you want an explaination for why Pikachu beat the breloom then let go with this: Pikachu had a much higher attack power and the breloom had a slow defense. Be happy with that because that is as close to an explaination of why Pikachu beat breloom.

The fire pokemon thing goes under games. That is the Nintendo designers. What I don't like about the new generation is the lack of fire types. Only three chances to get a new fire types. The starter, the magmar evoution and the fire and steel legendary. My prediction for if Ash gets a fire type it is going to be the magmar evolution. Still as for the starter I was fed up with having a fire and fighting type. I was hoping for fire and dragon type. It will make it resistant to water type attacks just like the othesr and it hasn't been done. Still that just means if the fire starts were place in a b attle that Charizard will be the winner.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

No, I don't think pikachu is over rated, because A. Ash has had him for ten years (real time) and pikachu is probably the most well known and cutest pokemon in the series. It's the first pokemon that pops up in many peoples minds when someone says pokemon. So no I don't think pikachu is over rated.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:24 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

My main gripe is not so much with Pikachu's 00ber stats as its complete ignorance of the typing circle of life...
Though shafting Fire might have been for the better, if only so Ash will learn to appreciate his Charizard more, and actually learn how to use it. The Johto League was a prime example of a trainer not knowing how to use a Charizard at all.
(And incidentally, Charizard is Ash's strongest Pokemon by far. It's the only thing that can beat Pikachu.)
Old 02-03-2007, 03:25 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

I think, yeah, Pikachu has almost become overated, and I'd like to see them have a fresh start anime wise. All new characters, with Pokemon that weren't featured very much in the show but still rock.

As for Fire... Yeah, they're definitely lacking on that. There aren't that many fire types, and most of the decent ones, like Ninetails, Arcanine, ect., are from Kanto. I personally don't think they've had a good one since Johto.

I'd love to see them come out with a larger variety of not only dark 'mon, but dark moves. I mean, it's kinda pathetic when Trapinch, a ground type, knows nearly every decent dark move there is.

I'd also like to see more dragons, but that's just my own love of dragons talking.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Deoxys2000 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Deoxys2000

Yeah I Agree With You. I Saw The Battle With Roxanne
It's Not Fair. Pikachu Defeated Geodude!??!!??

Mastered @929

Made By Me! xDD
Old 02-03-2007, 11:01 AM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I think pickachu is avarage rated.

He is overrated to kill a stone pokemon with a thunderbolt ( pewter gym )
and he is underrated in hoenn. Pikachu sould be like level 90 orsomething ( just to express it in game language :P ) and he get's owned by a simple pokemon! I thought, WTF, pikahu can't lose to this dude! he is incincable against these trainees!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:35 AM
BrassIttoTower Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Roge View Post
No, I don't think pikachu is over rated, because A. Ash has had him for ten years (real time) and pikachu is probably the most well known and cutest pokemon in the series. It's the first pokemon that pops up in many peoples minds when someone says pokemon. So no I don't think pikachu is over rated.
You don't understand what overatted means. It means when something gets far too repetitive in this case.

Quote:
Pikachu isn't a wallflower and if you haven't notice little pikachu is a mini Ash but with some brains.
Oh really? Has Pikachu shown as much personality as Ash? Remember that Pikachu w saw along in the Johto and Kanto seasons? He went on adventures with pokemon, helped pokemon in need, and didn't just lie on Ash's shoulder saying "Pika-Pikachu!" all the time. Instead, all we got was a new "Pika!" battle cry for Pikachu when he did Iron Tail and Volt Tackle. Pikachu is no longer anything like ash and is just a little tag along who might as well be as emotionless as Swellow.

Quote:
I thought, WTF, pikahu can't lose to this dude! he is incincable against these trainees!
Well in the games, you aren't given acsess to uber awesme pokemon ast the begging, and many frankly don't want to because they want a fresh start. They dumbed Pikachu's power down because they didn't want it winning every battle, and largely objectifying the average trainer.

Last edited by BrassIttoTower; 02-04-2007 at 03:38 AM.