Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 01-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Ace Strife Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Yugioh: The Dark Deliverence War Discussion

This is for the members of this role-play and we will talk about anything based on the rp.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Yugioh: The Dark Deliverence War Discussion

So, Ace... was I on the right track with how to duel in this RP. I wasn't actually quite sure, but...
Old 01-20-2007, 04:13 PM
silent pokemon master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to silent pokemon master

Was i as-well this is my first yu-gi-oh duel online not really just on a forum :p

I'm alway's ready for a battle.I'm also the proud owner of a fire gym in the Mowtown Cup
Old 01-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

I think we're doing okay. Did you like that last move of mine?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Ace Strife Offline
Elite Trainer

You guys got the dueling down! Very good. I checked the last move and I must admit, it was good.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Thanks. I actually made up that Necromancer card on the spot. I found Silent's move kind of had that sort of retro feel that you get when you see that kind of old school throwing down.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

:P you have to like this move!!!! enyways i'll post ras abiltys here

According to the Japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and manga, the Hieratic Text printed on the Ra card records the following three groups of Ra's abilities (quoted from Seto Kaiba's own translation of the Text in Duel 248 of the Japanese manga):

* (1st ability) "太陽神は3体の生贄を束ねてその力を得る ただし神を従えし者古の呪文を天に捧げよ "
* (2nd ability) "神は地より蘇生する 再生の術と術者の命を与えよ 時はひとつであろうとも戦場の敵は炎によって 屍と化す "
* (3rd ability) "時ひとつとして神は不死鳥となる 選ばれし魔物は大地に眠る "

When (roughly) translated to English, it reads:

* (1st ability) "Ra shall acquire the power of three tributes. However, only those who offer the ancient incantation to heaven shall God follow."
* (2nd ability) "God shall revive from earth. By offering the Ritual of Revival and his own life, one shall be united with God, and all enemies on the battlefield shall be incinerated."
* (3rd ability) "In an instant, God shall become a Phoenix, and all evil spirits chosen by it shall repose on earth."

These abilities are reflected in the card game as the first two groups of effects explained in the next section, "Ra's true abilities".

In the English version of Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, though, the Hieratic Text appears to have a different meaning. This can be seen when Marik recited the Text while gaining control of Ra during his duel with Mai Kujaku (Mai Valentine in the English anime) in episode 92:
"Great beast of the sky, please hear my cry.

Transform thyself from orb of light and bring me victory in this fight.
Envelop the desert with your glow and cast your rage upon my foe.
Unlock your powers from deep within so that together we may win.
Appear in this Shadow Game as I call your name,
Winged Dragon of Ra!"

Note that in the English version of Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, when Marik attempted to gain control of Ra in his duel with Mai, the viewer can hear him speaking understandable words. However, in the Japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and manga, what he recited was the Hieratic Text itself (in the anime, Marik recites some unknown words; in the manga, his speech bubbles are filled with Hieratic Text). In the English episode 221 when Atem summoned Ra, he uses the chant but it is changed (the Japanese version uses the incomprehensible Hieratic). Here is this chant:
"Almighty protector of the sun and sky, I beg of thee, please heed my cry.

Transform thyself from orb of light and bring me victory in this fight.
I beseech thee, grace our humble game.
But first I shall...call out thy name,
Winged Dragon of Ra!"

[edit] Ra's true abilities

With what are observed in various duels, a deduction of the unique abilities of Ra is concluded below (it appears that some of the effects listed below cannot be deduced from the Hieratic Text printed on the card):

* (1st ability)
o Ra's original ATK is the sum of ATKs of the monsters tributed to summon it; its original DEF is the sum of DEFs of the monsters tributed to summon it. This effect was first revealed by Marik's servant — Odion (Rishid in the Japanese versions) in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 216 and anime episode 89.
+ e.g., player uses 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" (ATK 3000/DEF 2500), 1 "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" (ATK 2400/DEF 2000) and 1 "Dark Magician"[1] (ATK 2500/DEF 2100) as Tributes to summon Ra. Ra now has ATK 3000+2400+2500=7900, DEF 2500+2000+2100=6600.
o One must be able to speak Hieratic Text to control Ra. This effect is open to both sides of the field. So if one player is not able to recite the text properly, the other player is free to try and take control of Ra. The effect was first revealed by Marik in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 222 and anime episode 92. (It should be noted, however, that Yugi has been shown summoning the Winged Dragon of Ra without reciting the Hieratic summoning text. In the English anime, one must know the poem before summoning the card. Yugi, however, has not been required to do this, possibly because of his Millennium Puzzle.)
+ If one summons Ra but fails to recite the Hieratic Text, Ra will remain in "Sphere Mode" (a shining golden sphere), and one cannot use this mode of Ra to attack or defend (in other words, Ra's Sphere Mode has no battle position, cannot attack, and is never the target of attack (it cannot defend player's Life Points)), or activate its special abilities. Once the player recites the Text correctly, Ra will transform itself into "Battle Mode". Only until then can the player truly control Ra, and unleash Ra's secret abilities (in the Japanese manga and anime, though, this must be done by further reciting the lines of Text corresponding to the ability you want to activate).

* When Ra is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, it obtains one of the two following effects:
1. (2nd ability) (Originally known as "One Turn Kill", this effect was first revealed by Marik in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 236 and anime episode 97.
o Transfer as many of your Life Points (LP) to Ra as its original ATK. This is known as "point-to-point transfer" in the English anime.
+ e.g., Ra has ATK/DEF 0, player has 8000 LP. Using this effect, player decided to pay 7999 LP, Ra has ATK 8000−1=7999.
+ Note: The twist to this effect is that player can pay as many LP as they wish. Having LP as low as 1 still keeps player in the duel, and if Ra's attack is successful, low LP does not matter anymore. This effect is used by Marik on the finals of Battle City, but Yugi activated the card that Kaiba gave him, Devil's Sanctuary, that returned the attack to Ra.
o In addition, sacrifice any number of monster other than Ra on your side of the field. Their ATKs are added to Ra's original ATK. This part of the effect was not revealed until in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 269 and anime episode 139 by Marik.
+ e.g., Ra has ATK/DEF 0. Player sacrifices 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" (ATK 3000) using this effect, Ra's original ATK becomes 0+3000=3000.
+ Note: (1). Neither the anime nor manga of Yu-Gi-Oh! stated that the DEFs of the monsters sacrificed with this effect are added to the DEF of Ra. (2). It is still unknown here whether this effect uses the original or current ATKs of the monsters sacrificed as Tributes.
o During the turn this effect is activated, Ra can attack each and every monster that exists on your opponent's side of the field and, if possible, further attack the opponent's Life Points directly.
o Additional notes: In Yu-Gi-Oh! anime episode 222 in which Ra was Normal Summoned (not Special Summoned from the Graveyard) again by sacrificing three monsters, Marik stated that Ra can use its "One Turn Kill" effect, which contradicts what is stated above. However, what Marik said also contradicts Kaiba's translation on the meaning of the Hieratic Text printed on the Ra card, which stated that "God shall revive from earth". Also, Ra was only summoned in the anime. So it is questionable on whether Marik's statement meets with the approval of Kazuki Takahashi, the author of Yu-Gi-Oh!.
* (3rd ability) (When this effect is activated, Ra will transform itself into its "Phoenix Mode", otherwise known as "God Phoenix" (ゴッドフェニックス), the true and ultimate form of Ra.
o Ra receives no battle damage (i.e., it cannot be destroyed as a result of battle, and its controller receives no damage as a result of its battle). This effect was first revealed by Marik in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 267 and anime episode 138.
+ According to Marik, Ra's Phoenix Mode is "immortal". Although no Spell/Trap effect or Monster effect other than Slifer the Sky Dragon's has ever been used against it, it may be safe to assume that Ra, while in its Phoenix Mode, cannot be sent away from the field by any Card effect.

o Ra destroys any one monster at the cost of 1000 Life Points. This effect was first revealed by Marik in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 249 and anime episode 127. In Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, this effect is extended to all monsters on the opponent's side of the field.

* Additional effects:
o Ra can attack during the same turn it is Special Summoned. This effect was first revealed by Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 236 and anime episode 97. It is known as "Swift Attack" (速攻) in the Japanese anime and manga, and "Instant Attack" in the English anime.
+ According to the gaming rules (known as "Super Expert Rules" in the manga) used in the Battle City Tournament, a monster cannot attack during the same turn it is Special Summoned (unless by using the effects of a Monster, Spell or a Trap Card). However, Ra's ability allows it to bypass this rule. (Note that there is no such rule in the real Yu-Gi-Oh! card game.) Also, in anime episode 97, Ra bypasses the effect of a Continuous Spell Card known as "Vengeful Bog Spirit", which prevents all monsters from attacking during the turn they are Normal Summoned, Filp Summoned or Special Summoned. However, in the manga, no similar card effect, including this card's, was used against Ra.
o Ra is unaffected by the effects of "Obelisk the Tormentor" and "Slifer the Sky Dragon". This effect was first revealed by Marik in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 275.
+ In the Battle City finale, Yugi Mutou attempted to use Obelisk's effect — "Soul Energy Max" to destroy Ra but failed. According to Marik's explanation, the three God Cards are ranked among themselves, and Ra is ranked the highest among them. Because of this, Obelisk's special attack is useless against Ra (this is also shown in the Yu-Gi-Oh! R manga. This "hierarchy" rule prevents a God Card of higher hierarchy to be affected by the attacks and effects of a lower ranked one). However, this scenario did not appear in the anime adaptation of Yu-Gi-Oh!, because in the anime Marik used the Quick-play Spell Card "Class System" (階級制度. Effect (translated from the text written on the card): You can activate this card when your opponent's monster attacks your monster or activate an effect on your monster(s). If the Level of your opponent's monster is equal to or lower than that of your monster(s), that attack or effect is negated.) instead of Ra's own ability to stand against Obelisk's effect. This card can be seen in anime episode 141.

There are also certain effects shared by all God Cards; these are listed in that entry for brevity.

In the Manga and anime, a duelist must use the real card to summon Ra. Summoning Ra with a counterfeit card often results in the duelist who played the counterfeit being struck down by lightning. This occurs in Anime Episode 89 and in the video game, Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction. However, in Episode 85 of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Frantz avoids this with a Spell card that was specially created to control Ra.

Ra (Battle Mode)'s attack is known as "God Blaze Cannon" (ゴッド・ブレイズ・キャノン) in the Japanese anime and manga.

God this is a long post i copied it from wikipedia

I'm alway's ready for a battle.I'm also the proud owner of a fire gym in the Mowtown Cup
Old 01-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Ace Strife Offline
Elite Trainer

WOW! I knew about all it's abilities, but that is alot of info.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Dam n! I had no idea it had that many abilities.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Ace Strife Offline
Elite Trainer

Did you copy an entire page?! Cause I thought that was illegal.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

no i just wrote the important bit :P here is slifers and obilsk!

SLIFER

Effects

Note: The effects stated in this section are based on the Japanese anime and/or manga of Yu-Gi-Oh!. The real Osiris/Slifer card does not have any effect printed on it, and cannot be used in duels. (See Egyptian God Cards for more details.)
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.

According to the Japanese anime and manga of Yu-Gi-Oh!, the Osiris card has the following unique statistics (unlike most other cards which text are written in Japanese, in both the Japanese anime and manga, the text on the God Cards are written in English):

* ATK (ATtacK points) X000/DEF (DEFence points) X000
* (Effect) "Every time the opponent summons creature into the field, the point of the player's card is cut by 2000 points. X stands for the number of the player's cards in hand." [sic]

With what are observed in various duels, a more complete description of Slifer's abilities can be concluded:

* ATK X000/DEF X000. X stands for the number of cards that the controller of this card holds in hand. This effect was first revealed by the Pantomimer in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 173 and anime episode 66.
o e.g., player has six cards in hand, Slifer has ATK 6000/DEF 6000.
* Each time your opponent summons[1] a monster into the field, if it is in Attack Position, decrease its ATK by 2000 points; if it is in Defense Position, decrease its DEF by 2000 points. If the ATK or DEF of that monster is reduced to 0 by this effect, destroy that monster. Triggered from Slifer's usually-closed upper (or second) mouth, this effect is known as "Thunder-Summoning Blast" (召雷弾) in the Japanese anime and manga, and "Lightning Blast" in the English anime. It was first revealed by the Pantomimer in Yu-Gi-Oh! manga Duel 174 and anime episode 66.
o e.g.(1): Your opponent summons "Jinzo"[2] (ATK 2400/DEF 1500) in Defense Position. This activates Slifer's effect, which decreases Jinzo's DEF to 0 (1500<2000), but leaves its ATK untouched. With its DEF reduced to 0, Jinzo (now ATK 2400/DEF 0) is destroyed.
o e.g.(2): This time, your opponent summons Jinzo in Attack Position. This activates Slifer's effect, which decreases Jinzo's ATK to 2400-2000=400, but leaves its DEF untouched. Since Jinzo's ATK is not reduced to 0 by Slifer, Jinzo (now ATK 400/DEF 1500) remains on your opponent's side of the field in Attack Position.

In the Game Boy games 'The Sacred Cards' and 'Reshef of Destruction', Slifer has 4000 ATK and DEF points, and has the following ability: increase the ATK and DEf on this card by 1500 points for each card in your hand. Due to the odd style of card effects in 'The Sacred Cards', this ability only activates once, based on the cards in your hand when you activate it. So using the effect and discarding a card will not change Slifer's power. In 'Reshef of Destruction', Slifer's ability is constantly recalculated every time a card is played, meaning that changing the number of cards in your hand will change its power. However, it still gains 1500 points for each card in your hand, and has an original ATK and DEF of 4000.

There are also certain effects shared by all God Cards; these are listed in that entry for brevity.

Osiris' attack is known as "Superconductive Wave - Thunder Force" (超電導波サンダーフォース/雷撃砲) in the Japanese anime and manga; in the English anime, Slifer's attack is simply called "Thunder Force".

and now for obielsk

Obelisk

Effects

Note: The effects stated in this section are based on the Japanese anime and/or manga of Yu-Gi-Oh!. The real Obelisk card does not have any effect printed on it, and cannot be used in duels. (See God Cards for more details.)
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.

According to the Japanese anime and manga of Yu-Gi-Oh!, the Obelisk card has the following unique statistics (unlike most other cards which text are written in Japanese, in the Japanese anime and manga, the text on the God Cards are written in English):

* ATK (ATtacK points) 4000/DEF (DEFense points) 4000

* (Effect) "The Player shall sacrifice two bodies to God of Obelisk. The opponent shall be damaged. And the monsters on the field shall be destroyed." [sic]

With what are observed in various duels, a deduction of the unique abilities of Obelisk is concluded below:

* ATK 4000/DEF 4000

* (Effect)
o 'Offer two monsters on your side of the field as a tribute to destroy all oppenent's monsters and inflict 4000 to his or her life points directly.'

As card effects in the anime are not seriously considered canon in the OCG/TCG, the above effect is the commonly accepted effect of the card.

This effect is known as "Soul Energy Max" (ソウルエナジーMAX) in the Japanese anime and manga.

Obelisk's attack is known as "God Hand Crusher" (ゴッド・ハンド・クラッシャー) in the Japanese anime and manga. And with this effect activated, Obelisk's "attack" is known as "God Hand Crusher/God Hand Impact" (ゴッド・ハンド・インパクト), or, in the English TV show, "Fist of Fate/Fist of Fury".

[edit] A note on Obelisk's effect

There are many contrary views on Obelisk's effect. Some say he gains infinite ATK and attacks directly for the win, others say he does 4000 points of damage.

In both the manga and anime of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Obelisk's effect was not explained clearly at the beginning. In manga Duel 148 published on October 19, 1999, when Obelisk's effect was activated during the duel between Seto Kaiba and the Duel Machine (this was the first time Obelisk's effect was used in the manga), there was no indication on exactly how much damage was inflicted on its opponent's Life Points by the effect. What you can see is only Obelisk's ATK increased to an unknown value, followed by Obelisk crushing Duel Machine's monsters, reducing its unhurt Life Points (4000) to 0 instantly (remember, Obelisk has an original ATK of 4000, which means it can wipe out 4000 Life Points with just one attack). With this scenario and the text written on the manga Obelisk card in mind, some Yu-Gi-Oh! fans deduced that Obelisk's effect inflicts 4000 points of damage on its opponent's Life Points. And although some details of this duel was changed when it was shown in Yu-Gi-Oh! anime episode 54, which first aired on TV Tokyo on May 8, 2001, there was still no indication of the exact ATK of Obelisk with its effect activated, thus nothing to clarify it.

In the manga, after Duel 148, it appeared that Obelisk's effect was activated again when Yugi Mutou and Kaiba formed a team to duel against two Rare Hunters in Duel 177, published in mid 2000. However, what one can see about this duel is that both teams played some unknown cards, and then Kaiba summoned his Obelisk and defeated both Rare Hunters with one strike. All details of the duel were skipped, thus no indication of the exact amount of damage inflicted on the Rare Hunters, and no indication of the Life Points they had just before their defeats either.

However, when this duel was shown in anime episode 68 aired on August 14, 2001, many details were added, and one can clearly see that, after two monsters were sacrificed, Obelisk first destroyed all of the two Rare Hunter's monsters, then attacked and wiped out both of their Life Points (4000) at the same time.

But before this episode was aired, an unofficial effect stating that after Tributing 2 monsters, Obelisk "can attack all monsters on your opponent's side of the field at the same time and inflict 4000 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points" was given in a Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh! card game rulebook called Thousand Rule Bible (サウザンド・ルール・バイブル), published by Shueisha on December 21, 2000. After that, although there were still disagreements on whether Obelisk, with its effect activated, destroys its opponent's monster by attacking them or using a monster-destroying effect on them, the deduction that "Obelisk's effect inflicts 4000 points of damage to his opponent's Life Points" was so widely accepted that it became somewhat "official". And, needless to say, when Yu-Gi-Oh! was introduced to the Western world in early 2002, the "official" effect of Obelisk spread even further through the Internet.

Finally, Kazuki Takahashi, the author of Yu-Gi-Oh!, clarified Obelisk's effect in Duel 275 by indicating that Obelisk's ATK increased to "∞" (infinity) when its effect was activated for the third time in the manga. This chapter was published on August 13, 2002, about three years after Duel 148 was published.

However, for some reason, Obelisk's effect was still not "updated" when it was used during the duel between Yugi and Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! anime episode 131, aired on November 12, 2002. (Note that during the same duel in the manga, Obelisk's effect was never used.) Not until the airing of episode 141 on January 21, 2003 was the clarified effect of Obelisk finally appeared in the Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh! anime. And to prevent contradiction with episode 131, this "new" effect was explained as a "miracle" brought forth by the anger of Obelisk.