Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:28 PM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Return.

I was just wondering about the move return. All who play the game know that this move is determined on how much your pokemon loves you. I wanted to know if anyone out there can give me the base attack and how much it grows with each level of love. For those who dont want to think:

Returns attack equals the amount of love.
1. What are the levels of love?
2. Whats the base attack? (When you first get a pokemon is dosent love you so whats returns attack from there?)
3.Also which one has a higher base attack Fustration or Return?

I am asking this because I couldnt find anything online. Mabye someone else can.
Also does anyone else feel that Lefia is getting nerfed. It has such solid stats but the movepool makes you wonder if its worth while. I am going to wait and see if the move Treasure is as strong as it looks. But Lefia's Ability is going to suck. But just my opinon. Hope some one can get back to me on that Return info.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi
Default Re: Return.

The damage formula for return is calculated this way:

( Happiness Points / 2.5 )

The maximum happiness value is 255, so return's biggest damage value is:
255/2.5=102

For frustration, it's a bit different:

((255 - Happinnes Points) /2.5)

Which leads to 102 max power if your happiness is 0, so both Return and Frustration have the same top damage value.

You can get a decent idea of your Pokémon's current happiness value by seeing the girl in Verdanturf. Her comment will give you a range for the value:

"This is a little hard for me to say... Your Pokémon simply detests you. Doesn't that make you feel unconfortable?"
Happiness value: 0

"It's very wary. It has a scary viciousness in its eyes. It doesn't like you much at all."
Happiness value: 1-49

"It's not very used to you yet. It neither loves nor hates you."
Happiness value: 50-99

"It's getting used to you. It seems to believe in you."
Happiness value: 100-149

"It likes you quite a lot. It seems to want to be babied a little."
Happiness value: 150-199

"It seems very happy. It obviously likes you a whole lot."
Happiness value: 200-249

"It adores you. It can't possible love you any more. I even feel happy seeing it."
Happiness value: 250-255
Old 01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

Thanks man alot. So 102 attack on the move with a 350 attack would be good right? I am talking about Leafia. I was wondering if I should teach Leafia Return. And did you get that from someone else or is that from you?

Back down?? Sorry never learned how to.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Brown View Post
Thanks man alot. So 102 attack on the move with a 350 attack would be good right? I am talking about Leafia. I was wondering if I should teach Leafia Return. And did you get that from someone else or is that from you?
I extracted it from the game code myself.

As for Leafia, i dunno, i'd use something like Swords dance/Baton pass/Leaf blade/Grasswhistle or Scissor cross. Return sucks unless it's STAB'd
Old 01-08-2007, 08:03 PM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

Here is the moveset I got for my Leafia and I will give you the attack order.

Grasswhistle
Leaf Blade
Treasure
Toxic

Ok I would open up with Grasswhistle. Then I would use Toxic. After Toxic I would use Leaf Blade then hit with Treasure. I am just trying Treasure out you know. But if it dosent put out then I was gonna use Protect or Attract seeing that I am gonna get a girl Eevee. And I was thinking about trading Toxic for Subsitute. Just throwing it out there.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Here is the moveset I got for my Leafia and I will give you the attack order.

Grasswhistle
Leaf Blade
Treasure
Toxic
I'm still not sure as to how treasure works. Either way, i'd much rather BP a swords dance, while putting Skarm or Weezing to sleep with Grasswhistle. The set your proposed gets walled by either of them, even if you can sleep them
Old 01-08-2007, 08:27 PM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
I'm still not sure as to how treasure works. Either way, i'd much rather BP a swords dance, while putting Skarm or Weezing to sleep with Grasswhistle. The set your proposed gets walled by either of them, even if you can sleep them
i dont want to make Leafia invincible. I usually put it up against an opponent who has not advantage over the pokemon or no disadvantage. I used to have a Breloom and I raped a Blaziken but it was luck. I am not going to win all the time and I dont want to. But I feel that once I put them to sleep a couple of Returns would hurt em and a substitue would keep my Leafia out for a little longer.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
i dont want to make Leafia invincible. I usually put it up against an opponent who has not advantage over the pokemon or no disadvantage. I used to have a Breloom and I raped a Blaziken but it was luck. I am not going to win all the time and I dont want to. But I feel that once I put them to sleep a couple of Returns would hurt em and a substitue would keep my Leafia out for a little longer.
uh, lol, no one's talking about making it invincible. I'm just saying that Skarm and Weezing are very OU, and that your set can't do a thing to them (And no, Unstab Return doesn't hurt them at all with their defenses and recovery moves). If you want to be stuck against them, then be my guest, i'm just pointing out that BPing swords dances is much more useful
Old 01-08-2007, 09:01 PM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

Oh. Thought you were attacking my way of the pokemon. Thought I was gonna have to go rock lee on you. Lol. But why make Leafia a baton passer. I mean can you have a mix. And i know there are better ones then him as a baton passer. I was aiming for an annoyer. Man I wish they gave her more moves.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Oh. Thought you were attacking my way of the pokemon. Thought I was gonna have to go rock lee on you. Lol. But why make Leafia a baton passer. I mean can you have a mix. And i know there are better ones then him as a baton passer. I was aiming for an annoyer. Man I wish they gave her more moves.
It's a cool BPer since it can put hazers to sleep with Grasswhistle even though it's risky. Annoyers fail competitively anyway. Also, BPing swords dances is awesome and can give you a mayor advantage towards the match

Last edited by Lucavi; 01-08-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:16 PM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

I bend to you. For two reasons.

1. Your a female.
2. I see team rater near your name.

Master. Train me.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Lugialord Offline
Elite Trainer

Meh, In-Game's Return basically sucks IMO, though it's probably Competitive. It hits around 102.

Credits to Rex Deorum for making this ownage banner.

Oh hi. I'm back from a long absence.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:32 AM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugialord View Post
Meh, In-Game's Return basically sucks IMO, though it's probably Competitive. It hits around 102.
102 is alot also. When your pokemon has a max 350 attack with great defense, speed, and hp. I might try it out you know. Its a game i can just make another leafia. : )