Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 07:34 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge
Default Re: Gym Leader's requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolcurtis
If you all want better gym leaders, then why did u not want to give back dux's gym to him. Instead some noob got it.
Also if you want someone to get more than 2 gym mon, then they most likely are the same type and will give them disadvantages in normal battles. If they got the 2 required mon for the gym and they have 4 mon total, then if they are in a normal 4v4 the opponent would have an easy time as 2 of the mon are basically the same type. It wasn't long ago that you didn't need any monfor a gym, but now you want 2. I say that the gym leaders should fight for their gyms. According to you, the strong should survive, so the winner should get the gym, right?
Agree, I was about to suggest that, but I thought it would be off-topic.

And Jack, oh lord oh moderator, how do we get the badge if we dont challenge them?
Old 03-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I dono why you people complain about how easy it is. If it's easy that means you can fight the Elite 4 that much quicker.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:23 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Agree, I was about to suggest that, but I thought it would be off-topic.

And Jack, oh lord oh moderator, how do we get the badge if we dont challenge them?
You can simply wait until you have all the other badges of that region. Why is is so hard to understand? I'm poor but if you insist on being mean and evil then I have to take the challenge. It's not like I'm not gonna take challenges, its just that this proposal would be bad. Neo Pikachu had the right idea. Make it for "all future applicants".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane O Mac: Version 3.0
I dono why you people complain about how easy it is. If it's easy that means you can fight the Elite 4 that much quicker.
That's an evil way of thinking. You, Tony are an example of what I meant above.

Both of you are like talking to a wall .
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 03-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolcurtis
If you all want better gym leaders, then why did u not want to give back dux's gym to him. Instead some noob got it.
Also if you want someone to get more than 2 gym mon, then they most likely are the same type and will give them disadvantages in normal battles. If they got the 2 required mon for the gym and they have 4 mon total, then if they are in a normal 4v4 the opponent would have an easy time as 2 of the mon are basically the same type. It wasn't long ago that you didn't need any monfor a gym, but now you want 2. I say that the gym leaders should fight for their gyms. According to you, the strong should survive, so the winner should get the gym, right?
OOD:Okay since noone will pick up on your actions, I will. There was no need to call Esper a noob, dux isn't even here so how would that work for people who want his badge to get an attempt at it but he's not around. February came and went from the month he said he would be back so meh. And plus it is all sorted because there is a strong gym leader in that position at the moment, Matthew, and he will defend it well. If you want to call esper a noob then say it to his face online or something not on the forum...you're supposed to be setting an example as a mod, from this action you're not.

Back in discussion: Fight for their gyms? As in battle those who also want to be the gym leader? I dont think that would work, there would be like chaos, people challenging each other to be gym leader every day and possible changes in positions so occasional that it would be hard to keep track of things. I think a safe advance on the problem is to go with two gym mon owned...
Tony the idea is to work hard and be strong enough to face the elite four not walk though gyms without any effort because they will get a wake up call when they face the elites, wouldn't it be better to have a challenge in the gyms, work hard to get the badges, then be prepared to face the elites?

And bron why would you be an exception? Just work hard to get more money by battling and you will be able to make your gym stronger in no time. Instead of playing the violin all the time, get up and do something about your state in the gym.

Thats my cents on it again.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 03-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

That was'nt the way I hopeing it would go. I was trying to point it out. Sue me!!
Old 03-11-2004, 11:30 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

o_O

firstly, i'd like to tell you a story of the good ol' monsta raik. don't worry, we'll just begin from a hundred year ago, instead of 5 hundred. long ago, raik oh raik owned the blackthorn gym. he had good mons that were tmed up well, but he finally gave up his gym. why, is what you ask. because he believed that he was being a terrible leader, and somebody else good would take over his gym. he didnt want to lose the badge to everybody.

there's my dollars(not cents).

anyway, away from the story *starts talking seriously*

I just believe that before a gym leader gets a gym, they have to get through a test set by the league managers. Getting the gym will have requirements, and that's up to the league manager to make. That's my 3 dollars.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
o_O

firstly, i'd like to tell you a story of the good ol' monsta raik. don't worry, we'll just begin from a hundred year ago, instead of 5 hundred. long ago, raik oh raik owned the blackthorn gym. he had good mons that were tmed up well, but he finally gave up his gym. why, is what you ask. because he believed that he was being a terrible leader, and somebody else good would take over his gym. he didnt want to lose the badge to everybody.

there's my dollars(not cents).

anyway, away from the story *starts talking seriously*

I just believe that before a gym leader gets a gym, they have to get through a test set by the league managers. Getting the gym will have requirements, and that's up to the league manager to make. That's my 3 dollars.
Actually, that isn't a bad idea. There are already tests for becoming story graders and refs. The only thing is, you need to consider who will administer these tests and what will the test consist of. How will the person who wants the gym be tested before given consideration of owning the gym? But, I guess that's more in the hands of Jack and Flare than me. I guess as a suggestion, you could have a fake battle between the Pokemon the player has chosen for the gym and test them on balence, strategy, and performance. If the player looks competent to hold the gym, then it should be given to them, just like a grader or ref.

But then again, people are constantly leaving gyms or switching to new ones. I guess having a test would somewhat force a person to stay in the gym they are in, rather than leave and have to go through the test again. Maybe that way you'll have fewer people deciding to leave their gym.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

NP- it may be in mine or Flare's hands, but listening to people opinions is important.

*steals money people are throwing away*

good discussion so far.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 03-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Magare Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Magare

Well, guess I should say something about this since it was me who started all of this.....

Nope, cant think of anything...

The whole point is (no matter what you think Bron) that Gyms are not soposed to be easy to beat AND NEW MEMBERS SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO GET IT RIGHT AWAY. Thats why there should be that 2 pokemon rule. If you cant get 2 mon for "the gym you want SOOO much", then you are just incompetent... How hard is it to get 5000-8000 and buy a pokemon from the mart? And there are at least 2 mons of almost every type in it......

Oh and one other thing... For all those gym leaders out there who refuse challenges because "they are too weak to defend it right now", why did you take the gym in the first place (exclude Bron in this one, his PC problems would drive anyone insane, yet he's still around). IF your too weak, give it up and ask for it again when you feel strong enough to defend it properly.

GYM LEADERS CAN NOT REFUSE CHALLENGES!!! Dont forget that.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Andreas Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Andreas Send a message via MSN to Andreas

Magare, so a Gym leader cant refuse challenges, i think that sounds kinda crazy, cause u dont have the time to have a battle all the time, like if a guy/girl from USA or something wanted to challenge a guy/girl with a gym that lives in England and the time in England is like 0:00 pm in the night, cant u refuse the challenge then??

[Sorry if u dont understand me i have a little hard the say what i really mean, cause im not the worlds best in English] =P

Credit goes to Pidgeot79
Old 03-14-2004, 10:10 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
*steals money people are throwing away*

~Jack~
heh..lol.

Magare, Gym Leaders ARE allowed to refuse Gym Challenges. I've challenged this random gym leader countless times, and all he said was, "I g2g in a while" or something like that. That...is a reason I guess

IMO, a good leader should own all 6 mons of his gym. All with sufficient TMs to defeat any average battlers. That'd be sorta impossible, but it's still a good way to have good gym leaders. Countless people would be kicked from their gym leader positions, but this gives them a push to get them to start bucking up and getting more mons
Old 03-14-2004, 12:32 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Gym Leaders HAVE to have a reason to refuse a challenge. And Building up my team and getting money is not one of them. You can't just say "Aw. Your gonna beat me because I haven't had the gym long so I won't battle you"

This suit is black not.

Last edited by JohtoTrainer; 03-14-2004 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Typoe
Old 03-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Magare Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Magare

Like JT said, gym leaders have to have a good reason to refuse challenges. Okay, if a person has to go off there's nothing you can do about it. But you can not refuse to battle someone because they are better than you are...
Old 04-13-2004, 02:01 AM
flareon008 Offline

Send a message via AIM to flareon008 Send a message via Yahoo to flareon008

Gym Leaders have the right to Refuse a gym battle, wether they are leaving or they're busy from homework. Thats totally allowed. However, if the reason is because a trainner is stronger just isn't going to work. Just please report to the Owner of the league to be kept track off.
New trainers are allowed to take a gym. That is the league choice to allow that. For myself, I did not because I wanted to see if my gym leaders would be active.

League owners will make the decisions on their gyms.

Please do not refuse a battle play because of strength. This is suppose to for the love of battling. Don't make it hard on yourself because you feel you must be the best trainner or Gym.

Doing everything with a flare.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:55 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Flareon, are you saying that I should take the challenge, get creamed, and NOT feel bad for myself?

I'd be depressed. A Gym shoul dnot be a walk in the park, right?
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Closed Thread