Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316
Default Gym Leader's requirements

Ok this arguement has been brought up by magare a bit ago but noone took notice...Basically the arguement is that gym leaders should require 2 gym pokemon to become a leader of a gym. Yes i know alot of people will disagree but think of it this way: When a new gym leader gets a gym he/she has to own one gym pokemon and then you can bet that some trainer will come along, see an easy target as a new gymleader and beat them easily as they see them as an easy target, therefore the gym leader isn't defending their gym properly and makes it easy for trainers to walk through the gym when it should at least involve the leader putting up a fight. This problem could be lessened if the leader owns two, this will strengthen the squad and will make the gym more of a challenge. Although this could backfire as a trainer could just go out and buy for eg two electric mon for the electric gym without tming them, so that would be pointless. I think it would be best that you should have two pokemon with at least 1 tm on each. Yes i know it is alot to ask of new trainers who want to become gym leaders but a gym leader position is a privilege, something imo you should work for, not just get it as soon as you are starting out. So why not, if you are a new trainer work, battle alot, and eventaully you will have those two gym pokemon and a tm each. Then you could apply for a gym leader position and people would respect that, even if you loose, that you put up a good fight and did not let someone walk through it. That's my arguement, it would improve things alot around here, but I can't make decisions so it will be up to the higher powers I guess...

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 03-08-2004, 08:21 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer
Default Re: Gym Leader's requirements

yea ur right Dap some Gyms are just TOO easy. People request Gyms with there starter mon as soon as they start so it's really easy to beat 'em.

This suit is black not.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Tristan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Tristan Send a message via AIM to Tristan Send a message via MSN to Tristan Send a message via Yahoo to Tristan

Hmm...well, that might cause some problems. I for one would be very annoyed if that took place. I'm in the middle of writing a story for a non-fighting type pokemon, and after that i wanted to catch a Psychic pokemon. There are NO Fighting types for sale at the 'mart, so by the time i have finished two stories and boughten a TM for my new 'mon, my Gym will have been taken by someone else. And also, there is a rule that you cannot have a gym unless you have been here for a while, so there CAN'T be noobs using starters in gyms...I don't think this should come into being right now Sorry Dap...
~~"I don't want to be alone anymore..." - Eiko, Final Fantasy IX~~
Old 03-09-2004, 12:27 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Incredibly bad idea. I'm POOR right now and have no money for Pkmn. I also have no story time. All I can do is battle people for money. This proposal would kill me and make me lose the Gym I worked SOOOOOOOOO hard for. I vote "NO".
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:10 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Agree Dap. You must be QUALIFIED to be a Gym Leader. You can't just own a gym and let millions of trainers walk all over you. IMO that's just fine, I've been a leader of numerous gyms, and it's hard to guard them when you only have 1 pokemon of your gym's type.

Why would we let ppl off when they say "I don't have money!", or "I'm too lazy to write another story for it!"? Apparently, if you don't work hard for your gym, you don't deserve it. I'm sick of leaders who don't deserve the gym, but the league managers must give it to them because they fufil the requirements and asked earlier. I could start with a Sudowoodo and immediately own the Pewter Gym. Ridiculous, isn't it?
Old 03-09-2004, 12:53 PM
pichu is cool Offline
Banned

how do you get pokemon.

p.s. i dunno why i'm asking u
Old 03-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu is cool
how do you get pokemon.

p.s. i dunno why i'm asking u
You write a story for them or you buy them at the mart. Just read the URPG Rules and you'll figure everything out. But this really isn't the place to ask questions.

As for the gym requirements, I've never owned a gym and it will probably be a long time before I do, but I can agree with Dap that there should be a requirement of owning two types of the gym's Pokemon. Let's face it, no one is going to shell out serious cash for TMs so they can teach moves to Pokemon that they don't even own. However, if the gym leader owns at least two of their Pokemon, there will be some incentive to spending money on their Pokemon and therefore making the gym more challenging. Also, the leader should try to actually own as many Pokemon from their gym as possible, so it seems to be at least a little more realistic.

I honestly have no idea how long a person should be in the URPG before they can actually own a gym, but making the minimum requirement of having two fully evolved Pokemon in the gym will at least take a little time in itself. But then again, just becuase a person asked for Mawile as a starter and whipped out a capture story for a Skarmory in less than a week doesn't mean they should be able to waltz in the Steel gym already. Let's be reasonable here.

Whoever has a gym right now shouldn't be kicked out immediately, since that really isn't fair to the person who was owning the gym. Maybe starting now people should own two Pokemon of the gym's type before applying. That way, no one loses out and the problem is solved.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

just a quick comment:

if the gyms are too easy, then don't challenge them

*continues to listen to comments on this subject*

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 03-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish

Well, it would make sense; the main thing it would do is make sure the owner was loyal to their gym. I get sick of seeing people change gyms as often as they change socks.
Gyms are hard to defend and it would help if the leader owned as many mon as they could. For one, they could use them in regular trainer battles and kind of get used to them more. (You know, work out ways to use their movesets, figure out TMs to teach them, etc. It helps to battle with a mon as much as possible. Kind of gives you a feel for it I guess you could say.)

Anyway, for people who aren't good at writing and say it'd be impossible for them to own most of their gym mon, well, I've done some research at the mart and there's alot of mon each gym leader could buy for their gym that evolve into or are already decent types for their gym. Take a look.

Pewter - Geodude, Omanyte, Kabuto, Shuckle, Corsola, Larvitar, Lileep, and Anorth.
Cerulean - Squirtle, Shelder, Goldeen, Lapras, Omanyte, Kabuto, Totodile, Chinchou, Wooper, Corsola, Mudkip, Wingul, Eevee, Azurill, and Spheal.
Vermillion - Voltorb, Chinchou, Pichu, Mareep, Elekid, Eevee, Plusle, and Miniun.

I'll stop there but I checked, there are atlest two mon that each leader can raise for their gym at the mart. :P
For people who are the opposite (Don't have any money but can write) then write for your mon, simple as that.

Gyms weren't meant to be easy to obtain and defend and you should have to work hard for your gym.

Conclusion: I dunno if it should actually be a rule to own two of your gym mon but it most certainly is advised. Also, I do think it should be a rule that the one gym mon a person does own should have atleast around 10-15 battles under it's belt before a person is granted a gym. This shows that one has experiance with it.

Well, that's my two cents.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

It really don't matter to me eaither way. I have three of my 6 Gym Pomèmon 2 witch I still need to evolve. If I need to buy TM's I will...I actully see nothing worng with this. I dono what else to say really.

That's my two cents I stole from Shroomish...Lol.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:08 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
just a quick comment:

if the gyms are too easy, then don't challenge them

*continues to listen to comments on this subject*

~Jack~
This strikes me as correct. I agree with Jack. I'm incredibly Loyal to my Gym. I'm just weak and poor now, .
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 03-09-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Tristan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Tristan Send a message via AIM to Tristan Send a message via MSN to Tristan Send a message via Yahoo to Tristan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomish
Pewter - Geodude, Omanyte, Kabuto, Shuckle, Corsola, Larvitar, Lileep, and Anorth.
Cerulean - Squirtle, Shelder, Goldeen, Lapras, Omanyte, Kabuto, Totodile, Chinchou, Wooper, Corsola, Mudkip, Wingul, Eevee, Azurill, and Spheal.
Vermillion - Voltorb, Chinchou, Pichu, Mareep, Elekid, Eevee, Plusle, and Miniun.

I'll stop there but I checked, there are atlest two mon that each leader can raise for their gym at the mart. :P
For people who are the opposite (Don't have any money but can write) then write for your mon, simple as that.
There is only one fighting 'mon in the 'mart, and that's Heracross. I am going to buy him soon, but i thought i'd just point out there there aren't two fighting Pokemon for my Dewford Island gym. :P
Old 03-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
There is only one fighting 'mon in the 'mart, and that's Heracross. I am going to buy him soon, but i thought i'd just point out there there aren't two fighting Pokemon for my Dewford Island gym. :P
Well, I said mon that will evolve into or are already mon suitable for a gym. Torchic is one; Blaziken is Fire/Fighting. :P
Old 03-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Tristan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomish
Well, I said mon that will evolve into or are already mon suitable for a gym. Torchic is one; Blaziken is Fire/Fighting. :P
Ohhhhhh! Riiiiight! I forgot about Torchic, hehe! Sorry :P
Old 03-10-2004, 04:29 AM
koolcurtis Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to koolcurtis Send a message via Yahoo to koolcurtis

If you all want better gym leaders, then why did u not want to give back dux's gym to him. Instead some noob got it.
Also if you want someone to get more than 2 gym mon, then they most likely are the same type and will give them disadvantages in normal battles. If they got the 2 required mon for the gym and they have 4 mon total, then if they are in a normal 4v4 the opponent would have an easy time as 2 of the mon are basically the same type. It wasn't long ago that you didn't need any monfor a gym, but now you want 2. I say that the gym leaders should fight for their gyms. According to you, the strong should survive, so the winner should get the gym, right?
Closed Thread