Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Battles

Battles Pokemon battle results will be placed here, along with the money/prizes given.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: Reffing FAQ

Oh and I found out something for general knowledge. I know I'm inputting mons that don't even know the attacks but I suddenly had the thought to do that and was lazy to switch the mons to the actual ones who knows the attack.

Step 1: Input Buneary on the left side and Typhlosion on the right side of DU's cal.
Step 2: Program Typhlosion's attack to be Water, 165, Special.
Step 3: Use the -6.25% button that was a new feature, click it 6 times.
Step 4: Click on Typhlosion's attack to attack Buneary, you should get an accurate percent of 0.00%.
Step 5: Now, set Buneary back to 100%. Then, in the Damage/Recover column, put in -6.25% yourself, like what we used to do without the new '-6.25%' auto function. Click it six times as well.
Step 6: Click Typhlosion's attack, and you will realize the percentage differs, which will be 0.64%.
Step 7: Set Buneary back to 100% again. Now, we will divide Buneary's HP by 16, you should get 19.625. Add a substract sign in front and click it six times again, before clicking the 'Attack' button again. Here, you get a 1.91% instead.

Just personal knowledge. And, something to discuss. Which one should we use for the most accurate result? ;s I'm guessing the manual division of the hit points by 16, hmm.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Oh and I found out something for general knowledge. I know I'm inputting mons that don't even know the attacks but I suddenly had the thought to do that and was lazy to switch the mons to the actual ones who knows the attack.

Step 1: Input Buneary on the left side and Typhlosion on the right side of DU's cal.
Step 2: Program Typhlosion's attack to be Water, 165, Special.
Step 3: Use the -6.25% button that was a new feature, click it 6 times.
Step 4: Click on Typhlosion's attack to attack Buneary, you should get an accurate percent of 0.00%.
Step 5: Now, set Buneary back to 100%. Then, in the Damage/Recover column, put in -6.25% yourself, like what we used to do without the new '-6.25%' auto function. Click it six times as well.
Step 6: Click Typhlosion's attack, and you will realize the percentage differs, which will be 0.64%.
Step 7: Set Buneary back to 100% again. Now, we will divide Buneary's HP by 16, you should get 19.625. Add a substract sign in front and click it six times again, before clicking the 'Attack' button again. Here, you get a 1.91% instead.

Just personal knowledge. And, something to discuss. Which one should we use for the most accurate result? ;s I'm guessing the manual division of the hit points by 16, hmm.
I think the most accurate is the first one (0.00%), since 294 HP (of 314 HP) is 93.63057325% (93.63%). If you use the Damage/Recovery button you'll get 93.75% HP. The last is just the most inaccurate because it gives you 93.95% HP left. Oh, yeah, I only subtract the HP once.

-Volcan-

Last edited by Volcanflame; 08-18-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Dap04 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dap04

This is a query regarding trickroom and therefore it should also concern Lightscreen, reflect, sunnyday, rain dance aswell.

I was in a battle with Ball, my starmie was facing his porygon-z (paralysed). Trick room was deployed a few turns before and the ref was counting in ascending. He started at 1 and got up to trick room 4. On the next turn I assumed that trick room would disappear based on new knowledge that I had been told from a few refs. I used to think that moves like TR, LS, Rain dance etc went for example Rain 1 Rain 2 Rain 3 Rain 4 Rain 5 or Rain 5 Rain 4 Rain 3 Rain 2 Rain 1. I was then corrected by these refs who I talked to who said that on the end of the first turn which the move was used it goes to Rain 4 then rain 3 rain 2 rain 1 or rain 1 rain 2 rain 3 rain 4 then there's no more rain. Theoretically as I confirmed, this gives you 4 turns of rain not 5. So then with this knowledge in battle, trick room would be gone on the next turn (I confirmed this with the ref but it appears that there was a misunderstanding in answer that was given- nobody is to blame for that). I then thinking that TR would be gone and I would be faster, so I used Confuse ray. If I knew I was slower I would have used another move. Porgon-z used substiute and it moved first so confuse ray failed. This resulted in my starmie getting KOd.

Now this battle scene is irrelevant considering that the battle is nowhere near finished and porygon-z has been KOd by another one of my mon, and if I, and the refs who told me this info, end up being right, I wouldn't ask for the turn to be replayed. This is just for future use so EVERYBODY is singing from the same hymn sheet and there is no variation in the way that this is reffed. I'd like experienced refs to clear this up so there isn't another situation like this that arises.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:48 AM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dap04 View Post
This is a query regarding trickroom and therefore it should also concern Lightscreen, reflect, sunnyday, rain dance aswell.

I was in a battle with Ball, my starmie was facing his porygon-z (paralysed). Trick room was deployed a few turns before and the ref was counting in ascending. He started at 1 and got up to trick room 4. On the next turn I assumed that trick room would disappear based on new knowledge that I had been told from a few refs. I used to think that moves like TR, LS, Rain dance etc went for example Rain 1 Rain 2 Rain 3 Rain 4 Rain 5 or Rain 5 Rain 4 Rain 3 Rain 2 Rain 1. I was then corrected by these refs who I talked to who said that on the end of the first turn which the move was used it goes to Rain 4 then rain 3 rain 2 rain 1 or rain 1 rain 2 rain 3 rain 4 then there's no more rain. Theoretically as I confirmed, this gives you 4 turns of rain not 5. So then with this knowledge in battle, trick room would be gone on the next turn (I confirmed this with the ref but it appears that there was a misunderstanding in answer that was given- nobody is to blame for that). I then thinking that TR would be gone and I would be faster, so I used Confuse ray. If I knew I was slower I would have used another move. Porgon-z used substiute and it moved first so confuse ray failed. This resulted in my starmie getting KOd.

Now this battle scene is irrelevant considering that the battle is nowhere near finished and porygon-z has been KOd by another one of my mon, and if I, and the refs who told me this info, end up being right, I wouldn't ask for the turn to be replayed. This is just for future use so EVERYBODY is singing from the same hymn sheet and there is no variation in the way that this is reffed. I'd like experienced refs to clear this up so there isn't another situation like this that arises.

Thanks.
There have been several debates about this I think, the last being between Tyranitar Trainer and my Brother about Rain Dance -- I think it was agreed it was four turns total, with the fifth not actually affecting anything, but that was with Rain Dance, I'd assume the applies to everything else; but don't quote me cause I could very well be wrong on how it's done these days.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 08-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

The way I've always done it is Rain1, Rain2, Rain3, Rain4, and then the turn after that, there's still rain, but it ends at the end of the turn so I take it off the stats, with Rain1 being the turn Rain Dance was used.

Hi

Old 08-23-2008, 02:00 AM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Yea the easiest way I think to ref it would be like that, just count it until you take it off the stats.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 08-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Question, Filter ability, I find almost everywhere that it halves that damage of super effective attacks. In Smogon it says that it reduces the damage by 1/4, but it says by 1/2 everywhere else. Smogon is usually the trust worthy one (I've been told), but still, I want to be 100% sure about this one, so, which is it?
Old 08-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post
Question, Filter ability, I find almost everywhere that it halves that damage of super effective attacks. In Smogon it says that it reduces the damage by 1/4, but it says by 1/2 everywhere else. Smogon is usually the trust worthy one (I've been told), but still, I want to be 100% sure about this one, so, which is it?
I'm pretty sure its 1/4, just like Solid Rock.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
25% is what I've always gone by. 50% seems excessive anyways.

Hi

Old 08-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Weather Conditions, Trick Room, Encore, Taunt, Light Screen, Reflect all start from Turn 1 when its used.

Example:
Turn 1: Alakazam uses Psychic, Mr. Mime uses Light Screen.
Stats: Mr Mime <hp> [LS1]

Even if the Pokemon who used it was slower, the count will always be 1. And at the end of 5, the stuffs will be gone, with priority still of course. This has been confirmed with Pidge before.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Hey, I keep hearing about this Evasion Clause for regular battles (not FFAs) but I can't find it in the rules. Is it really a new Clause or something made up by battlers?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Volcanflame Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Volcanflame Send a message via MSN to Volcanflame Send a message via Yahoo to Volcanflame

Quote:
Hey, I keep hearing about this Evasion Clause for regular battles (not FFAs) but I can't find it in the rules. Is it really a new Clause or something made up by battlers?
It exists on Shoddy. Iirc, Marth told me that Evasion Clause is not allowed. I don't know about now.

-Volcan-
Old 08-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

I've found out that Bounce on Shoddy is a two turn PP usage move. I think it's false since Bounce works kinda like Fly/Dive, and they use the PP on the first turn, then utilizing the move on the second turn without using another PP, unless I'm wrong somehow. @__@ Maybe it's a bug on Shoddy, but I'd still like someone to confirm it if you know about it. :o
Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanflame View Post
It exists on Shoddy. Iirc, Marth told me that Evasion Clause is not allowed. I don't know about now.

-Volcan-
If we don't have it written on the battle rules, it's a fake clause and thus isn't allowed. So no "Evasion Clause" or related stuff.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Edited the first post with questions up to page 30...

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around