Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Battles

Battles Pokemon battle results will be placed here, along with the money/prizes given.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf
Default Re: Reffing FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by djax94 View Post
No clue, Eraizaa. Sorry!

Anyways... If I have a SUB up, and I use Curse (the ghost one), does the SUB take the 50% damage and break?

Also, if I have a SUB up, and I use Rest, does the SUB take the Sleep?
SUB does NOT take damage and SUB does NOT heal. SUB does not even take Sandstorm/Hail damage, the pokemon does directly.

Eraizaa, sometimes the Pedia is wrong, perhaps Jack made a mistake. I always figured it worked on all Pokemon and that's how it's always been reffed that I've seen because that's how it's described. O_o "Prevents FOES from using attacks the user knows."

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/imprison.shtml

Also, Normalize makes your attacks into what type? Normal. So, no, doesn't affect ghost types. Attacks such as Sing and such will still hit, of course, but moves such as Wakeup Slap will still not work.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Smurf, I meant with Rest, will you heal and the SUB will take the Sleep Status. The SUB won't heal, but will the Pokemon itself heal, and SUB take the Sleep?
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 08-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Husnain Offline

Send a message via AIM to Husnain

Quote:
Smurf, I meant with Rest, will you heal and the SUB will take the Sleep Status. The SUB won't heal, but will the Pokemon itself heal, and SUB take the Sleep?
To make it clear... Sub cannot take any status... So the Pokemon will sleep and heal not affecting the Sub.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

I did figured that since Normalize turned attacks Normal that it didn't affected ghosts, however, I did heard that Normalize had a second effect that allows you to hit ghosts even if it's not on the description.

For now, it can't damage ghosts then.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Husnain Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post
I did figured that since Normalize turned attacks Normal that it didn't affected ghosts, however, I did heard that Normalize had a second effect that allows you to hit ghosts even if it's not on the description.

For now, it can't damage ghosts then.
Did you mix it up with the ability, Scrappy?
Old 08-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husnain View Post
To make it clear... Sub cannot take any status... So the Pokemon will sleep and heal not affecting the Sub.
SUBs can take Statuses, but they nullify them. So it won't nullify the Sleep? Well, there goes another idea.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

ASB|URPG

Old 08-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf

Quote:
SUBs can take Statuses, but they nullify them. So it won't nullify the Sleep? Well, there goes another idea.
SUBS do not take status afflictions, they block them. And of course if your Pokemon uses rest it won't negate the sleep part because of SUB, that's just silly. O_o
Old 08-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon

I am happy with some info I read up on subs and the information on bulbapedia states that subs do not block indirect confusion. Thus Rock Climb's confusion would go though a sub. Plus, When breaking a sub with Hyperbeam/Giga Impact recharge is not necessary. Another nice thing I found was that moves like Taunt, Worry Seed, and, Torment go though subs as they do not count as Status effects.

Plus, when a 1HKO move is used on a sub is its accuracy moved up or is it just if it hits it breaks?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpgraccoon View Post
I am happy with some info I read up on subs and the information on bulbapedia states that subs do not block indirect confusion. Thus Rock Climb's confusion would go though a sub. Plus, When breaking a sub with Hyperbeam/Giga Impact recharge is not necessary. Another nice thing I found was that moves like Taunt, Worry Seed, and, Torment go though subs as they do not count as Status effects.

Plus, when a 1HKO move is used on a sub is its accuracy moved up or is it just if it hits it breaks?
OHKO moves are still 30% Acc and they break the sub.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Slayer View Post
OHKO moves are still 30% Acc and they break the sub.
To actually answer his question, only the SUB breaks. The pokemon who had SUBBED does not get hurt by the OHKO move.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
To actually answer his question, only the SUB breaks. The pokemon who had SUBBED does not get hurt by the OHKO move.
... That's what he said. >_>

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal Arcanine View Post
... That's what he said. >_>
It appears that I read the question wrong. >_> Thought RPG was asking if it broke the sub and KO'd, which LS didn't answer.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Rpgraccoon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rpgraccoon

Just making sure they were 30% accurate still when used against a sub. Plus double checking the previous statements. Love the fact that I found them finally. Took me a lot of digging. With everyone using sub these days you have to work around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG Raccoon
Old 08-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Question:

Does Synchronise work on Self-Induced statuses as well? Like, Umbreon using Rest, then put the opponent to sleep as well?

ASB|URPG

Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Husnain Offline

Quote:
Question:

Does Synchronise work on Self-Induced statuses as well? Like, Umbreon using Rest, then put the opponent to sleep as well?
First of all, Synchronize does not have anything to do with Sleep, only Paralysis, Burn and Poison.