Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Juveline-Addictions Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Not sure it's been here. {Natures}

I'm not quite fond of natures, actually. You have to realize that I don't have much experience, since I only really know Pokémon Yellow to its full capacity and I barely had the time to even start my Pokémon Fire Red. I'm wondering... what about these natures?

Do they change what the Pokémon learns, or how it levels up, anything? I would like to know. Also, as some of you may know, I love the starter Pokémon Charmander, and I'm wondering whether, if natures change the way a Pokémon is, what is the best nature for a Charmeleon.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Mike_Elite Number 3 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Not sure it's been here. {Natures}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juveline-Addictions View Post
I'm not quite fond of natures, actually. You have to realize that I don't have much experience, since I only really know Pokémon Yellow to its full capacity and I barely had the time to even start my Pokémon Fire Red. I'm wondering... what about these natures?

Do they change what the Pokémon learns, or how it levels up, anything? I would like to know. Also, as some of you may know, I love the starter Pokémon Charmander, and I'm wondering whether, if natures change the way a Pokémon is, what is the best nature for a Charmeleon.
umm kinda.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:53 AM
TVTMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Natures affect the Pokeblock prefrence of pokemon, as well as raise the rate of one stat's growth and lower that of another. If you're doing an ingame Charmeleon, you want Lonely or Mild, which are +Atk, -Def and +Sp. Atk, -Def respectively. Naughty and Rash are the same, but lower Sp. Def instead of defense respectively. It depends on your focus. Ingame, you want a Mild nature because you realistically might be able to survive a hit from a special attack, specifically water moves, if you have the right level. Special attack is also good because ingame, having more than one move of the same type isn't that redundant unless it's competitive ingame, and really Fire is the only and most common special move type Charmleon learns. If you want to go for a physical ingame, with Fly/A-Ace/Wing Attack, Metal Claw and other nice physical moves to go with his high base attack, try Lonely.

And Elite 3? umm kinda dats not the knd of nser she wated.

Back again for like the fifth sixth seventh time or something. Moving and taking classes at community college and beating all the Zelda games and arrrglblargl.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Juveline-Addictions Offline
Experienced Trainer

Thanks very much. ^^ Luckily, when I restarted my scarcely-played game, I received a Charmander of Mild nature. xD
Old 01-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Mike_Elite Number 3 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTMaster View Post
Natures affect the Pokeblock prefrence of pokemon, as well as raise the rate of one stat's growth and lower that of another. If you're doing an ingame Charmeleon, you want Lonely or Mild, which are +Atk, -Def and +Sp. Atk, -Def respectively. Naughty and Rash are the same, but lower Sp. Def instead of defense respectively. It depends on your focus. Ingame, you want a Mild nature because you realistically might be able to survive a hit from a special attack, specifically water moves, if you have the right level. Special attack is also good because ingame, having more than one move of the same type isn't that redundant unless it's competitive ingame, and really Fire is the only and most common special move type Charmleon learns. If you want to go for a physical ingame, with Fly/A-Ace/Wing Attack, Metal Claw and other nice physical moves to go with his high base attack, try Lonely.

And Elite 3? umm kinda dats not the knd of nser she wated.
I was basing it on my opinion on pokemon natures and what she had said I "kinda" agreed with what she posted thanks for pointing that out to me and my name is Mike. please call me Mike. Not elite 3.