Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Blazeiken12 Offline
Master Trainer

Default Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.

Has anybody ever noticed that Hitmonlee can say his name when he dosen't even have a mouth?

And Hitmonchan wheres a skirt?

Current Vpp
Hatch @ 397 Completed!
Rukushio @ 412 Completed!
Rentorra @ 472
Lv.100 @ 682

URPG Stats

Join the UPRG it's fun!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kaze
Default Re: Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.

Uh, what exactly is the point of this thread? There are several Pokemon who can produce sounds without mouths. And yes, we understand that Hitmonchan wears a skirt... oo; Though it's not really a skirt. Meh.

Now, if it's a discussion thread where you debate which is better, than it makes sense...
Old 01-04-2007, 02:50 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

You don't need a mouth to speak. Diglett only has a snout so who cares?
As for the skirt; it's called a tunic and it's what the ancient Greeks/Romans wore. :P
Well, it was considered to be quite manly to not wear pants in that era. XD

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 01-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Pikachu_Ridin_Silverwind Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Pikachu_Ridin_Silverwind

i agree loads of pokemon speak without mouths like staryu makes that sound and i remember watching pokemon chronicles and misty fed starmie but hows that possible? and whats the point of this whole thread?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 PM
death_metal_lawn_gnome Offline

Send a message via MSN to death_metal_lawn_gnome

dude dont you guys ever watch boxing, some guys will wear a spandex undershort with a kind of african styled warrior ummm serong?, wither way its not un common in boxing also when shonie carter fought nate quarry in the ufc shonie wore one mabey you can youtube it but i know its not uncommon in combat sports like mma, kick-boxing/muay thai, and boxing and hey id rather wear one of those then a singlet that wrestlers have to wear, ya its weird hitmonlee and other pokes have no mouth but can talk in the anime
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 PM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

I think Hitmonlee is wearing like a full body suit. We all know those are leg warmers. I think they should remake him. Give Hitmonchan some boxers. Sorry but way better then a skirt...or tunic. That was manly back then but not now. And they should make a couple of more forms for tyrouge I mean the top spin one was dumb. they should make a kung fu one and a monk one you know. And make Hitmonlee a humaoid with Abs and look all cut up like that guy in the Thailand movie where he is protecting a baby elephant.

Also pokemon talking without mouths so scared me. It reminds me of that girl from the Twilight Zone movie. the one with the little boy who had like crazy powers and the teacher who saved him and the family he tortured. Come on I know you know about that.

Back down?? Sorry never learned how to.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:51 AM

if you guys are interested heres a highlight video of melvin manhoef, in most of his fights he wears a "skirt" if you will, wich is the style hitmonchans is based off, anyway check it out, its worth it
Old 01-12-2007, 01:25 AM
TVTMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Brown View Post
I think Hitmonlee is wearing like a full body suit. We all know those are leg warmers. I think they should remake him. Give Hitmonchan some boxers. Sorry but way better then a skirt...or tunic. That was manly back then but not now. And they should make a couple of more forms for tyrouge I mean the top spin one was dumb. they should make a kung fu one and a monk one you know. And make Hitmonlee a humaoid with Abs and look all cut up like that guy in the Thailand movie where he is protecting a baby elephant.

Also pokemon talking without mouths so scared me. It reminds me of that girl from the Twilight Zone movie. the one with the little boy who had like crazy powers and the teacher who saved him and the family he tortured. Come on I know you know about that.
Man, that would make them less like pokemon. Heck if Hitmonchan wore boxers, I'd think it was a dude with freaky hair and football pads. Hitmonlee is really fine as he is. Giving him abs would non-pokemonize him.

Back again for like the fifth sixth seventh time or something. Moving and taking classes at community college and beating all the Zelda games and arrrglblargl.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:43 AM

i agree tvtmaster, although im not a huge fan of hitmonchans "shoulder pads" they should have made them look more natural