Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Dratini Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dratini
Default Re: Mixed Groups/Clubs Chit Chat

I'm going to post this here and in the Team War Statistics thread to make sure the maximum number of war participants possible see this...

Important War Announcement!

Due to the lack of activity in the war, it has been decided that the war will officially end on Saturday, August 6th.

This will allow for 2 more weeks of war, and the war will end in its 9th week. This will allow time for the judging in certain sections, such as Fan Fic, to be caught up on. Don't worry, all points you have rightfully earned will be counted in the final war results.

Work hard for these last two weeks! The war may be fairly inactive, but in a close war like this, any effort you put forth could decide the victor.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:56 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

why not go the full ten weeks. at least, that's what some people wanted the limit to be. and ten is a nicer number than 9.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 07-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

I know... I wanted 10 weeks as well...
Old 07-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Dratini Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dratini

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
why not go the full ten weeks. at least, that's what some people wanted the limit to be. and ten is a nicer number than 9.

~Jack~
It was Kim's choice, and I believe he chose that week since he'll be able to be around and wrap the war up. I think we can all agree that Kim (the only real war leader currently running the war) needs to be around when the war ends, since final results and closing ceremonies would need to be announced and posted.

Even if he is able to be on for week 10, one of the main goals we have is simply to end the war.

When I first became a temp war leader around week 4, Kim had said the war would only last a couple more weeks. Here we are three weeks after that, and the war still hasn't ended. I understand that some people are enjoying it still, but most of the sections are dead and most people who were originally involved with the war are now inactive. That aside, there's several weeks of Fan Fic that still need to be judged, and because of that quite a few people have quit writing because they don't think their stories will be judged. Several sections have judges that don't feel like doing anything anymore, and so those sections died along with the judges. Not to mention that a good majority of members, whether they are active in the war or not, feel the war should already be over. To them, even two more weeks is too long.

Inactivity aside, two more weeks was a great choice for us. We'd have time to get sections like Fan Fic judged, yet two weeks wouldn't be long enough for too many more problems to arise. All around, it seemed like ending the war as soon as was reasonable was more important than the exact count of weeks.

Next time I see Kim online, I'll discuss your viewpoint of the war lasting 10 weeks with him. I cannot guarantee that will make a difference simply because week count, as I explained, wasn't the only thing this decision was based around. He seemed content with ending the war in two more weeks, and I trust his judgment. Everyone seems to have their own opinions on when the war should end, but I will make sure 10 weeks is at least considered by Kim.

Old 08-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33

~Jack~
Well, it looks like there hasn't been much WAR activity. And because of that, I hereby resign my position as judge of the Scavenger Hunt.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Sheignie Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sheignie

I don't know if this will count as off-topic or not, but I've just been dying to ask. Anyway, what is this war, and how do I become a part of it? It seems really interesting, and it would be nice to be a part of it. Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:03 PM
2wings Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to 2wings Send a message via MSN to 2wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheignie
I don't know if this will count as off-topic or not, but I've just been dying to ask. Anyway, what is this war, and how do I become a part of it? It seems really interesting, and it would be nice to be a part of it. Thanks in advance for your answers.
Yeah, what is it? :S i getting curios.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Okay. The WAR is a yearly event at PE2k. There are multiple competions in areas including roleplaying, writing, URPG/netbattle, graphic and traditional arts, and many other areas i'm sure i stupidly forgot.

Members divide into teams of... i think it was 20 members and compete to try and win the most contests.

WAR is held every summer.

It normally would last several weeks.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

If you want to be cool like everyone, join THE Naked Pile. It will make you popular in school, and improve your grades.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeot79
If you want to be cool like everyone, join THE Naked Pile. It will make you popular in school, and improve your grades.
Don't revive old threads

Old 01-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
Don't revive old threads
It's a sticky so like...yeah, it shouldn't of been inactive in the first place.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
It's a sticky so like...yeah, it shouldn't of been inactive in the first place.

do i lose a point?

Old 01-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
You're scaring me, Pidgey.

Well, it's not going to help me since I'm not even in school. But... out of respect for the children... don't be shocked if your little posse gets a lock.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
do i lose a point?
I don't know, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
You're scaring me, Pidgey.

Well, it's not going to help me since I'm not even in school. But... out of respect for the children... don't be shocked if your little posse gets a lock.
I'm going to be one angry Normal/Flying type if it gets locked. I might go into Pidgeot79.00000001 mode. The worst thing I've actually done is used the word "naked". Also locking it would really anger the nudists on the forum.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Mitsuko Souma Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuko Souma Send a message via MSN to Mitsuko Souma Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsuko Souma

Quote:
I don't know, do you?

I'm going to be one angry Normal/Flying type if it gets locked. I might go into Pidgeot79.00000001 mode. The worst thing I've actually done is used the word "naked". Also locking it would really anger the nudists on the forum.
Well, a certain forum has been locked.

I do believe Pidge very well may tell Ryan he loses a point and go into Pidgeot79.00000001 mode. Which is why I have a forcefield.

But I'm sad now, as THE Naked Pile rocked.