Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Other Boards Ľ Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Half a Dollar
Default Re: Mixed Groups/Clubs Chit Chat

Lol, might aswell make my character's plot like:

Wings disappear. Must find cure to get wings back.

Bascially, his wings disappear a.k.a out of comission, and won't be in use.

Is that good?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half a Dollar
Lol, might aswell make my character's plot like:

Wings disappear. Must find cure to get wings back.

Bascially, his wings disappear a.k.a out of comission, and won't be in use.

Is that good?
Fine, but spend more time being a part of the team that you're on, rather than just going about a self-assigned quest all by yourself.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Alright. I'll just make that a little sidquest...*sneers*
Old 06-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

it seems like all the deadline times vary too much. is there any way to get them closer together and make it easier?

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 06-19-2005, 05:19 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
it seems like all the deadline times vary too much. is there any way to get them closer together and make it easier?

~Jack~
We try to use Saturday and Sunday as the deadline, but then again, some judges have trouble making it on time due to personal reasons.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Well, some knew this was going to come sooner or later, for others this may be a surprise.

Iím officially resigning from my War Leader position. I hate to say it, but I no longer have the motivation, the interest, or the desire to continue working on this War or any possible future Wars for that matter. Iíve exhausted every possible resource Iíve had available to make the War as entertaining as possible, as well as spending a tremendous amount of time into this project, and I still feel it wasnít enough to make every War new and different from the last while still sticking to the original construction in a way that could functionally work. With War Season 3, we spent an enormous amount of time to make the War a totally new experience. However, that failed and most of the work that went into it was for naught. Then, I decided to create War Season 3⅔, and try something totally new and different to the War but still keep the original style. That too, I put many hours in only to pull the plug on it early, and the biggest pain of it was having to serve as a judge myself for nearly every section in an emergency state long after my original judges left. Painfully, I learned the War is impossible to handle as a single person. And finally, in War Season 4, we decided to return to the original roots of the War with completely new teams with that hope that it would feel like and have the success of Season 1. Sorry to say it, but most of us are utterly exhausted of the War, and this certainly wasnít anything new and interesting like it was back then.

As for War Season 4, already weíve had to have not one, not two, not three, but seven judge changes and itís only the fifth week. Without the judges, the foundation of the war falls, and right now itís very unstable. Likewise, I also believe the judges themselves are losing interest. Their resignation may not seem like much, but when it comes to war leaders trying to struggle to find a replacement as soon as possible, itís definitely hell. Sorry, but I donít think the war is worth it considering how much work it is for the little enjoyment and satisfaction that it yields.

While HKim feels there is still hope to bring the War back on its feet, Iím moving on. Whether he wants to employ new War Leaders in my position in one more effort to bring it up to speed or end the War right here, thatís his choice now, not mine. Since both of our views regarding what should be done with the War are vastly different, itís nearly impossible to come to some agreement. While HKimís emphasis is on tradition, I want to take a realistic point of view, one that says the glamour of the War is exhausted, and itís time to develop something totally new from the War and not recreate some wannabe rip off of it. Likewise, Iíve heard the desires of my peers on what they liked about the War and what they didnít like and felt should be removed. Hopefully I can take this and develop something from it that meets those desires.

And with that finally said, I hand in my final resignation.

Old 07-09-2005, 01:26 AM
Dratini Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dratini

I agree with most of what you said Neo, but a few of my views on finishing this war are different, even if it is viewed by most as a total waste & a lost cause.

Anyway, I am sure everyone who participates in this war knows none of the War Leaders can be active right now. However, that doesnít mean the war is over quite yet, at least, not in my book. Kim is determined to finish off this season, even if the war is cut short, and nothing will stand in his way of doing that, even a lack of War Leaders.

That being said, until either Kim or Fair can become active again and evaluate the situation, determine when the war should end, and move on from the war altogether, I have been appointed by Kim to assist him with the judging situation and help the war continue running as smoothly as possible. Yes, that would make me a temporary war leader. I intend on helping at least finishing this war even if it is not going to go out in a bang. The war will have an end and a team will come out of this victorious; your efforts so far have not been wasted, and the war will not just die right now.

I will get to work fixing any judging problems immediately. If there is any problem with the war I feel I do not have the power to fix and you cannot find Kim online, feel free to IM me about it, and I will do my best to see Kim gets the message as soon as possible.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

I'm sorry to hear that Neo, but I too am getting exausted. I'm managing 3 or 4 sections, with help, for my team, and am busy judging Fan Fictions, which is VERY strenuous. It is hard to read 4-5 stories a week, especially when you have other things to do in your life. If anybody minds, I'm backing down from my judging position, making me the eighth judge to trade his position to someone else. I have grown tired of the WAR, and honestly don't see neither this continuing nor another WAR starting after this. This may be the end.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I am very sorry to say this to all of you, both I hope you all know that the War was DEAD FROM THE START. It probably was active for the first weeks, but then crap starts happening and the WAR falls apart. I would think after the 2nd WAR, everyone would know. Seems like no one except for a few even knew. People can't open their eyes to see that, the WAR was never active like the first one. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but it is the truth.

Yet, idea can pop up now and then.

I have an idea.

Why let only few people even think of the WAR? Why not invite everyone to an AIM chat and ask for suggestions? Why don't you try things different? You all try to make the WAR different, but it's just the same war with different stuff.

Another idea.

DO NOT RUSH THE WAR.

Rushing the war can cause these wars to fall apart. Take all of your time to make the war. No one's going anywhere.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

well... this was unforeseen.

perhaps taking next week off for a War Break is a good idea. this will give people a chance to get things back in order.
personally, I don't think we should ruin it for those people playing. who cares if it's not the most active thing like it used to be. maybe it's not the same competition as before, maybe it's not as fun, but people are participating and people are having fun competing against one another. see the War to end, like D said. (I have no problems helping if I can)

and there's nothing wrong with the season so far. just replace a judge or two.

Defense- Fanfiction judging has always been hard because sometimes it's a lot to read. that was the one section that I agreed to having two judges (and RP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half a Dollar
DO NOT RUSH THE WAR.

Rushing the war can cause these wars to fall apart. Take all of your time to make the war. No one's going anywhere.
that's why I kept asking two and one month before the war started if everything was ready. still, the judges weren't picked until the last week before Week 1.

~Jack~

-| Links |-

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 07-09-2005 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:27 AM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
Defense- Fanfiction judging has always been hard because sometimes it's a lot to read. that was the one section that I agreed to having two judges (and RP).
I'd agree to staying if there was another judge, if, and only if, I wasn't me. Knowing myself, I have my own sense of quality, and nothing would happen but arguments between the other judge and I. Therefore, I stand on my decision to back down.
------
Old 07-11-2005, 07:56 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

As you people may already realize, if a section has no judge, it's dead in the water. Nobody can get points in those sections and that leaves the season very likely to just be voided out.

Personally, I participate in one section: the RP section. I think I do it well, and I enjoy taking on the role of a person in a fantasy world and then lettng my story unfold. I also enjoy competing against fellow writers and working with teammates.

That said, I have to mention that the War RP is a type of RP that I crave (Like White Castle!). I only participate in well thought out RPs that have a thorough background and plot. Those are very hard to come by on PE2K. The War RP falls into that category.

I personally am enjoying this season and am having fun. But, there's a roadblock for this season. That roadblock is the three judges positions that are empty. Although it doesn't directly affect me, since I personally only participate in one section, the season can't go on with no judges. Kenny is doigng a good job, but the three empty sections will most likely end up voiding the war even if the RP andother non empty sections can kee going. Those empty sections are dead n the water and are pushing the season into the "null and void" zone. If this is not remedied (explained later), the season will just have to be canceled.

With sections that are unjudged, the season falls into ruin. I can understand people getting tired of the War. I can understand judges geting tired too. But what about the people who are actually enjoying the season? What will they think, when the season is canceled because there could be no replacements made? Lack of judges means that the people who wanna contine can't continue.

So, I propose a few ideas for solutions:
  1. We let this season continue and not end it. Judges must be found in this solution.
  2. We decide to end this season prematurely and void it for lack of judges and start a new season. It's unfortunate that he resigned, because Joe/Neo gave me an idea that I'd like to bring to discussion. He believes that since people get bored/tired of the War and how it's so long, we should have all the sections (escept the RP section) run for about five weeks. This number is just his idea and may be raised to 6, 7 or 8, depending on develpments. After that, all the sections are closed and points for those sections are finalized. After that's done, a War RP of a lengh of...well, a long time, will be started. This section will allow teams to just focus on the RP aspect of the War, and to allow the RP to run for normal length, which satisfies people like me who want the War RP to actually have a real ending. The Team that can actually declare victory will have a hefty number of points added onto their total (I suggest 20, but that's just my idea), along with the points already given out in the other sections and over the course of the RP.
  3. The last option is implementing the above system right now. What could be done is closing all the current sections and finalizing their points. After that, the RP section will allow for a way for the teams to clash and to really show their personalities. Face it: whether a team is a good team or an evil team doesn't matter when points are given for sections other than RPing.
Those are my two cents on this matter, and I hope I have dented the minds of even some people.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 07-11-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Bashaamo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Bashaamo

Hey is it too late to join one of these team and participate in the war. I'd really like to rip up that debate thread.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:45 AM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

I don't believe it's too late. Join Team Soul! We are so conveniently located right here in my sig.
------
Old 07-18-2005, 05:52 AM
Dratini Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Dratini

It's not too late to join. You can join up until the day the war ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84
As you people may already realize, if a section has no judge, it's dead in the water. Nobody can get points in those sections and that leaves the season very likely to just be voided out.

Personally, I participate in one section: the RP section. I think I do it well, and I enjoy taking on the role of a person in a fantasy world and then lettng my story unfold. I also enjoy competing against fellow writers and working with teammates.

That said, I have to mention that the War RP is a type of RP that I crave (Like White Castle!). I only participate in well thought out RPs that have a thorough background and plot. Those are very hard to come by on PE2K. The War RP falls into that category.

I personally am enjoying this season and am having fun. But, there's a roadblock for this season. That roadblock is the three judges positions that are empty. Although it doesn't directly affect me, since I personally only participate in one section, the season can't go on with no judges. Kenny is doigng a good job, but the three empty sections will most likely end up voiding the war even if the RP andother non empty sections can kee going. Those empty sections are dead n the water and are pushing the season into the "null and void" zone. If this is not remedied (explained later), the season will just have to be canceled.

With sections that are unjudged, the season falls into ruin. I can understand people getting tired of the War. I can understand judges geting tired too. But what about the people who are actually enjoying the season? What will they think, when the season is canceled because there could be no replacements made? Lack of judges means that the people who wanna contine can't continue.

So, I propose a few ideas for solutions:
  1. We let this season continue and not end it. Judges must be found in this solution.
  2. We decide to end this season prematurely and void it for lack of judges and start a new season. It's unfortunate that he resigned, because Joe/Neo gave me an idea that I'd like to bring to discussion. He believes that since people get bored/tired of the War and how it's so long, we should have all the sections (escept the RP section) run for about five weeks. This number is just his idea and may be raised to 6, 7 or 8, depending on develpments. After that, all the sections are closed and points for those sections are finalized. After that's done, a War RP of a lengh of...well, a long time, will be started. This section will allow teams to just focus on the RP aspect of the War, and to allow the RP to run for normal length, which satisfies people like me who want the War RP to actually have a real ending. The Team that can actually declare victory will have a hefty number of points added onto their total (I suggest 20, but that's just my idea), along with the points already given out in the other sections and over the course of the RP.
  3. The last option is implementing the above system right now. What could be done is closing all the current sections and finalizing their points. After that, the RP section will allow for a way for the teams to clash and to really show their personalities. Face it: whether a team is a good team or an evil team doesn't matter when points are given for sections other than RPing.
Those are my two cents on this matter, and I hope I have dented the minds of even some people.
The problem with judges is the season started with too little planning. From what I have been told, judges were still getting selected only a few days before the war began. To have firm, concrete judges, we would have needed to have a plethora of judges picked in advance who we knew we could count on.

Anyway, onto the current situation the war is in.

In order for a final solution for the war's end to be determined, Kim is going to have to come online and evaluate the current situation of the war. Until that happens, the war will keep running, however dead it might be.

It sounds to me like, once Kim gets on, he plans on ending the war in a couple more weeks. That would include all sections, probably even RP. From what I have seen of the RP, it's only slightly more active than the other sections. In my book, that's not enough to keep it going as a war activity for major bonus points, even if it is one of the best war events. Plus, I'm sure most people who participates in the war's other sections don't want to wait for the War RP to end in order to see who has won. That's not to say the RP can't keep going, in some way.

Heck, even Kim will agree on this: This war is nothing compared to Season 1. The idea is now old and boring. It has been abused and slaughtered, and crucified. I am positive there will be more intra-forum competitions in the future, but war will be put to a nice, long rest.

Thanks for your two cents bron. Everything you and anyone else can suggest is useful for use on deciding what the members want to see happen.