Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt
Default Re: Mixed Groups/Clubs Chit Chat

SK..Does everyone need to make one of those topics as you did in the arts board?
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

yes D.2, unless you want a War leader to do so which is also fine...

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 06-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

but unlike a movie, this rp has too many chiefs and not enough indians. It's like matrix, except everybody is Neo.

Meh, your character isn't the most unrealistic I've seen. 19 is decent to become a master. 2nd dan/degree if you're a quick learner.

I just foresee that you're going to use the sword to pwn, when the sword is actually a primitive weapon no longer used for fighting. Just as martial arts are outdated except for natural fighting technique: closest weapon closest target. Nobody's going to be carrying around a staff or a sword when they're walking around in the 'hood. When in a gangfight, nobody waits to put on the loose martial arts uniforms, or sparring armor, or kendo masks. The assailant does not wait for you to stretch your body or get your heart pumping. Therefore, if martial arts are used in any way for slight godmoding, AND that person wins an rp point........ U.N.-esque censures will be flying, I promise you that.

but the 5 language thing. Are you kidding me? Indeed, you do not specify the level of mastery for each of those languages, but to be fluent in 5 by nineteen years of age is hard.

four at most. (two natural and two acquired is what I see most often; even then, the most intelligent people have difficulty mastering the two acquired languages)

Marth: I haven't looked at the names of the people I've seen semi-godmoding. I've only looked at Tamer's cause he brought it up. Whatever

Last edited by Incongruity; 06-03-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

Well, then you don't know the way I like to RP ssk. I enjoy getting the beat up in the RP...so techniccaly, my skills wont be enough to protect me, so I'll get hurt a lot...and train hard during the RP its self...I am fair in RPing...and thats the funof it. And about matrix all being neo, yeah, you can say so to those whom added great psychic abilities to them selves >_>

I am back
Old 06-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

meh, well, w/e.

marth, i suppose emotions aren't too bad, but who am I to judge.

however, I don't see how any form of telepathy (or even more unrealistic, telekinesis) would work. Thoughts are simple electrochemical messages that pass from neuron to neuron. How would that move from another person's neuron to one's own, and furthermore, how would one recognize which person it is, and even more, wouldn't every thought then be received, as senses are involuntary?

edit: nm, I realize it's more of a psychological ability. not a psychic talent, but more of general assumptions made based on keen observations of patterns. Although, a stoic would foil this talent

Last edited by Incongruity; 06-03-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer San
yes D.2, unless you want a War leader to do so which is also fine...
Okay, I'm hosting my 1337 fanfic banner now.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Daniella Defines Divinity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssk1911
but unlike a movie, this rp has too many chiefs and not enough indians. It's like matrix, except everybody is Neo.

Meh, your character isn't the most unrealistic I've seen. 19 is decent to become a master. 2nd dan/degree if you're a quick learner.

I just foresee that you're going to use the sword to pwn, when the sword is actually a primitive weapon no longer used for fighting. Just as martial arts are outdated except for natural fighting technique: closest weapon closest target. Nobody's going to be carrying around a staff or a sword when they're walking around in the 'hood. When in a gangfight, nobody waits to put on the loose martial arts uniforms, or sparring armor, or kendo masks. The assailant does not wait for you to stretch your body or get your heart pumping. Therefore, if martial arts are used in any way for slight godmoding, AND that person wins an rp point........ U.N.-esque censures will be flying, I promise you that.

but the 5 language thing. Are you kidding me? Indeed, you do not specify the level of mastery for each of those languages, but to be fluent in 5 by nineteen years of age is hard.

four at most. (two natural and two acquired is what I see most often; even then, the most intelligent people have difficulty mastering the two acquired languages)
Believe it or not, there are 2 people in my class that know 5 and one that knows 6, plus a handful of others that I met in Switzerland. But then again this is only a handful of people, and Switzerland has 4 languages anyway >.<

But yeah I definately see your point about the whole martial arts thing, AG is a ninja guild but Alex is only Green belt, then again he hasn't been born into it XP

The number of dead parents also scare me o_0 The only odd thing about my family is my sister running off because I got leader over her XP Aside from that it's a very happy family ^_^
Old 06-03-2005, 09:09 PM
TDD91 Offline

And the reason i've put down Green Belt is cause its my actual grade and i know the ocmmands we have to learn in Japanese that I can use in the RP. =P
Old 06-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

fluent at 5 and 6 languages? Well that is shocking. Unless it's something like all germanic or all italic languages (for example, something like knowing English and American wouldn't be too shocking)

yes, I've realized there are many family problems as well.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Intrestingly enough, that's very much the truth. I don't mind other RPers acting as elite warriors (any kind of rank or whatever above the common grunt), but come on, don't go thinking you're just under the leader.

Quote:
Amen. Thank you, someone who agrees with me.

Honestly, using swords, katanas, and knifes in an advanced technological society is ridiculous. People are just using them due to the fact that their favorite anime or video game characters are using them, and that's doing a lot of damage to the way the RP is supposed to be.

You're not going to take out a highly trained sniper armed with one of the most powerful rifles with a bow and arrow. And if you do, then something is being done to cheat the system. In my opinion, anyone using a sword or other medival weapon in this kind of setting is only willingly putting themselves at an extreme disadvantage. Imagine yourself as a part of the D-Day invasion with only a sword. Now imagine that the enemy has weapons and firearms far worse than what they had back then. Hate to say it, but you're a dead stick without a chance on the planet.

Sorry, but I don't want the setting of the War RP to be stuck with an identity crisis of not knowing whether its during ancient Japan or in the new technological era of today. Please tell me if you know any of our American friends based in the Middle East are actively using karate, ninja training, and swords to liberate Iraq, and I'll be glad to take back what I said.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
fluent at 5 and 6 languages? Well that is shocking. Unless it's something like all germanic or all italic languages (for example, something like knowing English and American wouldn't be too shocking)

yes, I've realized there are many family problems as well.
Half of the people in my class speak atleast German and English fluently, but thats because they went to a german school before. One girl before that was Romanian so knows Romanian, another gril is Brazilian and speaks portuguse(os however you spellit) One guy is russian... but the one who takes the cake (and who I also hate, she's REALLY annoying) speaks, English, German, French, Russian, and 2 other quite similar slavic languages that I can't remember. She moves a lot though because of her mums work so It's understandable. Plus this is Europe not America, so many languages in a relatively small space XP
Old 06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

we have many languages in America as well. There's canadian to the north, bostonian to the northeast, newyork back here at home, texan down south, hebrew down in florida, spanish towards New Mexico, austrian in california...

and NP, I too am glad someone sees things the way they are.

Martial arts are great, I must say, but they are in NO way designed for actual fighting. Maybe a rare few grappling techniques will be used, but nothing else. Nowadays they are used to calm the mind and for physical training.

but I feel that some of the non-martial artists are still semi-godmoding. Being special is alright, but being realism shouldn't be ignored.

whatever, not my decision I guess. Fantasy is indeed more fun. It sure wouldn't be a good rp if it was a constant board meeting in the day, watch TV at night, go to sleep, wake up, shave, shower, go through daily routine.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
we have many languages in America as well. There's canadian to the north, bostonian to the northeast, newyork back here at home, texan down south, hebrew down in florida, spanish towards New Mexico, austrian in california...

and NP, I too am glad someone sees things the way they are.

Martial arts are great, I must say, but they are in NO way designed for actual fighting. Maybe a rare few grappling techniques will be used, but nothing else. Nowadays they are used to calm the mind and for physical training.

but I feel that some of the non-martial artists are still semi-godmoding. Being special is alright, but being realism shouldn't be ignored.

whatever, not my decision I guess. Fantasy is indeed more fun. It sure wouldn't be a good rp if it was a constant board meeting in the day, watch TV at night, go to sleep, wake up, shave, shower, go through daily routine.
I think quite a few people said it, because I said it first XP

*Judo flips onto next point*

In the pokemon anime there's samurai and videophones, aswell as giant robots and no tarmac roads =P
Old 06-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Amen. neo, you have ssk to agree with you, but I have Dani here . think of it, in Pokemon there is high tech, starting off with the smallest thing which is a Pokeball into the biggest robots of team Rokcet, yet there are Samurais, Ninja (one of them is a gym leader, Koja) and even ancient places that looks like Aztec (Alph) and japan (The town where the ghost gym is in Johto). And believe it or not, we are not playing matrix RP, it is a Pokemon RP so live with that and suffer Neo

I am back
Old 06-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

meh, but if the two forces were to meet, what would happen?

Trust me, while disarming techniques for guns are useful in close quarters, if you are more than a yard away, you WILL be shot the moment you try to move closer.

The problem isn't in the two independently existing, it is the conflict that would rise if the two met. NP and I are saying that tradition would be owned.

also, the pokemon anime is to say the least, retarded.