Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:03 AM
Lugialord Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Umbreon

Umbreon @ Leftovers ** RANDOM2
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look

Great annoyer.

Credits to Rex Deorum for making this ownage banner.

Oh hi. I'm back from a long absence.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:19 AM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi
Default Re: Umbreon

Worst spread ever, Umbreon needs Max HP always, and 222 speed at most, going any further is overkill, also, Bold nature is a lot better than timid one.

The set you're using isn't useful at all. Mean look+Toxic is a dumb strategy, it lets Heracross switch in and absorb the status, causing a lot of damage to whatever comes in next. Skarmory sets up on this easily as well. Mean look / Baton pass / Taunt / Wish is all Umbreon ever needs, maybe with Charm somewhere
Old 01-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Lightbulb Re: Umbreon

Hmm..., got that cleared. Charm is really for Espeon, I sometimes use Charm over Reflect for Espeon.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Echo Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Send a message via AIM to Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty View Post
Hmm..., got that cleared. Charm is really for Espeon, I sometimes use Charm over Reflect for Espeon.
Espyjump is generally the best way to use Espeon (BP/CM/Psychic/HP Fire or Wish).

Also, Lucavi summed the horribility of this thread pretty well.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Mike_Elite Number 3 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
Worst spread ever, Umbreon needs Max HP always, and 222 speed at most, going any further is overkill, also, Bold nature is a lot better than timid one.

The set you're using isn't useful at all. Mean look+Toxic is a dumb strategy, it lets Heracross switch in and absorb the status, causing a lot of damage to whatever comes in next. Skarmory sets up on this easily as well. Mean look / Baton pass / Taunt / Wish is all Umbreon ever needs, maybe with Charm somewhere
Not nesicerally since mean look traps certain Pokemon such as legendary thats How I caught my Entei with my Espeons Mean look. But you should lose toxic. Other than that I think its pretty solid.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Elite Number 3 View Post
Not nesicerally since mean look traps certain Pokemon such as legendary thats How I caught my Entei with my Espeons Mean look. But you should lose toxic. Other than that I think its pretty solid.
Thanks for reiterating my post, and thanks for talking about irrelevant stuff for ingame when this is the competitive board, you're an awesome poster
Old 01-03-2007, 05:54 AM
Lugialord Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Thanks for reiterating my post, and thanks for talking about irrelevant stuff for ingame when this is the competitive board, you're an awesome poster
Just for one post, he's awesome? zomg

Toxic is useful for me, maybe not for you, but for me.

Credits to Rex Deorum for making this ownage banner.

Oh hi. I'm back from a long absence.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugialord View Post
Toxic is useful for me, maybe not for you, but for me.
I could make a thread about Swampert using Tackle, under the argument that "It works for me, but not for you", which doesn't make it right. Now, Toxic is useless in Umbreon because the most common counters are fighting pokemon carrying Guts (Machamp and Heracross), fast sub BPers (Jolteon and Espeon) or CB Metagross. Can you tell me how does Toxic help with them? You'd benefit guts users, causing a load of troubles since nothing switches safely into a Heracross with Guts activated, Jolteon and Espeon will block the Toxic with Sub and BP, and Metagross is unaffected
Old 01-03-2007, 07:50 PM
The Kinslayer Offline
Banned

Quote:
I could make a thread about Swampert using Tackle, under the argument that "It works for me, but not for you", which doesn't make it right.
Well, why not do it?

Quote:
Now, Toxic is useless in Umbreon because the most common counters are fighting pokemon carrying Guts (Machamp and Heracross), fast sub BPers (Jolteon and Espeon) or CB Metagross.
Not to mention the total resilience of Steels.

Quote:
Can you tell me how does Toxic help with them? You'd benefit guts users, causing a load of troubles since nothing switches safely into a Heracross with Guts activated, Jolteon and Espeon will block the Toxic with Sub and BP, and Metagross is unaffected
I suppose he could try using Mean Look, assuming that his dearly beloved doesn't switch to one of the above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugialord View Post
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
I know several have addressed this, but why SPD EVs on him? It's not like e's going to pull something off on the first turn. To add on to that, why didn't you max HP or have a max whole number of HP EVs to utilize Leftovers, especially if you have BP in the contraption?

And why not diversify your DEF EVs a bit with SPCL DEF, while fixing the HP issue first?

Oh, just to note, this isn't real-time strategy, just in case you've been pondering that for sometime now.

Last edited by The Kinslayer; 01-03-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:26 AM
ZiVixx Offline

Send a message via AIM to ZiVixx Send a message via MSN to ZiVixx Send a message via Yahoo to ZiVixx

if i had umbreon i would fix up Speed and Special Attack and get bite dont ask me why but bite is very helpful for me...
Old 01-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
I could make a thread about Swampert using Tackle, under the argument that "It works for me, but not for you", which doesn't make it right. Now, Toxic is useless in Umbreon because the most common counters are fighting pokemon carrying Guts (Machamp and Heracross), fast sub BPers (Jolteon and Espeon) or CB Metagross. Can you tell me how does Toxic help with them? You'd benefit guts users, causing a load of troubles since nothing switches safely into a Heracross with Guts activated, Jolteon and Espeon will block the Toxic with Sub and BP, and Metagross is unaffected
Im dearly sorry if I somehow insulted you. But if your being serious thanks. I was just sharing my opinion try to be respectful.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:40 AM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiVixx View Post
if i had umbreon i would fix up Speed and Special Attack and get bite dont ask me why but bite is very helpful for me...
Bite is useless. Umbreon's offensive capabilities are too low. It's made for support, and support only. And please drop the argument "It doesn't work for you, but it does for me"

Mike: It's ok, and no, i wasn't serious
Old 01-04-2007, 02:46 AM
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Bite is useless. Umbreon's offensive capabilities are too low. It's made for support, and support only. And please drop the argument "It doesn't work for you, but it does for me"

Mike: It's ok, and no, i wasn't serious
Cool no harm done I was just making a suggestion. Your probobly a way better trainer than me anyway.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:37 AM
massi4h Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiVixx
OK lets look at the usefulness of bite:
30% Flinch rate, wow umbreon is slow we are bound to flinch everyone...
Lets look at its stats:
40BP and a really low SAtk BP. Wow this is bound to do heaps of damage.
Lets compare it to other moves it can learn:
Bite - 40bp
Faint Attack - 60BP plus ability to always hit
HP Dark - 70BP.

Wow I can see why you think bite is a good move.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by massi4h View Post
OK lets look at the usefulness of bite:
30% Flinch rate, wow umbreon is slow we are bound to flinch everyone...
Lets look at its stats:
40BP and a really low SAtk BP. Wow this is bound to do heaps of damage.
Lets compare it to other moves it can learn:
Bite - 40bp
Faint Attack - 60BP plus ability to always hit
HP Dark - 70BP.

Wow I can see why you think bite is a good move.
Well when you put it that way it does look pretty useless although it has gotten me out of a couple scraps in the past plus I love the fact that its a dark type move.