Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:17 PM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: I need some help

ok, gengar doesnt get reflect. but i guess I could put flamethrower on salamence. the nicknames are japanese (which im not, I just like them). allright, I will remove forretress, and put starmie. good thing I like it :P .
but seriously, lucavi, sryfor the bother, cause u've been writing a lot, but do u think flygon could be used instead of salamence? i've just been wondering bout that. and about gengar, do u think it really needs focus punch right now? with only one physical attack, without being able to pull it off many times, do u think I should make it a pure special sweeper?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan View Post
but seriously, lucavi, sryfor the bother, cause u've been writing a lot, but do u think flygon could be used instead of salamence? i've just been wondering bout that. and about gengar, do u think it really needs focus punch right now? with only one physical attack, without being able to pull it off many times, do u think I should make it a pure special sweeper?
using flygon over salamence would mean that gengar is left as your only Heracross/Fighting pokemon counter, which is fine if you can work around with only Gengar, though you'll prolly need a more defensive oriented Ev spread. Flygon adds another electric counter, which is nice, though, and works quite well coupled with tar. It's your choice, though

As for Gengar: tbh, i've used many versions, and i usually stick with Bolt/Ice punch/Giga drain/filler. The last slot is usually Hypnosis, though i've used Focus punch, Explosion and Will-o-wisp, all which work quite well to an extent
Old 12-29-2006, 08:42 PM
celebi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
you know, it's fine to try and help people, but trying to impart wisdom when you don't know a thing doesn't really help anyone.

Now, you know how retarded is Mirror coat Milotic? Hey, let's use a surprise move that only works once, yes, that's a great idea! I mean it, no one who haves half a brain uses Mirror coat when you can use the much better Hypnosis or stall with Toxic

And if you think that Sceptile is going to pack Crunch, then you seriously need to know how the metagame works. Standard Sceptile is subseed (If you know what that means), which is destroyed by Sandstream as it can't stall. Gengar can switch into Sceptile, as it resists Leaf blade and has little HP which means Leech seed does nothing. And lol if you think that Salamence counters Sceptile, since it always carries HP ice, which tells me you don't know anything at all.

I'm going to be nice again and tell you to stop rating if you don't know a thing when it comes to competitve

Well not exactly if the opponent is a speacial sweeper like starmie. Hypnosis has crappy accuracy and doesn't worth it. It works once but does the job right. Seeing zapdos going down and then recovering from the attack is pretty fun or watching ppl sending out Kygore using thunder then get their asses kicked is better than making them asleep and then dying. when they see the toxic they switch it to a status absorber or a heal beller anyway.Snorlax is a good milotic counter anyway curse and then crush the annoying fish.

Yeah I know the common sceptile

leech seed
leaf blade
dragon claw/thunderpunch/hp(ice)
substitute

yeah but also there are ppl using it as a sweeper or pass calm mind to it.

leaf blade
dragon claw/hp(ice)
thunderpunch
crunch

which can be a nightmare as it's a fast grass pokemon anyway.

and about the salamence think. Yes it can counter as it is faster it can easily OHKO it...

Anyway this is not even worth argueing u have ur own strategies that I DO respect and I won't call them useless or dump as u have the wisdom to use them the way u should and I believe it's the same for me.

hatches 1268
Evolves 1373
level 100 1553
Old 12-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi View Post
Well not exactly if the opponent is a speacial sweeper like starmie. Hypnosis has crappy accuracy and doesn't worth it. It works once but does the job right. Seeing zapdos going down and then recovering from the attack is pretty fun or watching ppl sending out Kygore using thunder then get their asses kicked is better than making them asleep and then dying. when they see the toxic they switch it to a status absorber or a heal beller anyway.Snorlax is a good milotic counter anyway curse and then crush the annoying fish.
Hypnosis can disable a pokemon if oyu play it right, and Milotic has great defenses and recover to pull it off, so it IS worth it. Heck, even Gengar, who isn't that great at taking hits, carries Hypnosis, so you can see how gamebreaking it can be. And leave the Kyogre argument aside, as no one is stupid enough to use Milotic in Ubers

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi View Post
yeah but also there are ppl using it as a sweeper or pass calm mind to it.

leaf blade
dragon claw/hp(ice)
thunderpunch
crunch

which can be a nightmare as it's a fast grass pokemon anyway.

and about the salamence think. Yes it can counter as it is faster it can easily OHKO it...
That sweeper Sceptile is dumb, and i've yet to see it being used by anyone decent. It doesn't even have good coverage with its moves, and gets walled by Blissey and Snorlax when it shouldn't

And lol, Salamence is never faster than Sceptile, HP ice ohkos it, and Sceptile almost always starts up by setting a sub, so your argument is lol
Old 12-30-2006, 12:07 AM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

i didnt create this to start fights. and celebi, its DUMB, not DUMP. let lucavi take it from here, alright?? thank you.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Exclamation Re: I need some help

Man, this is long agurment. Well, at least Hypnosis is better then that Grass Whisle crap. I would use this for Sceptail:

@Leftovers
Nature: Modest
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Thunderpunch
-Sythieses

Too bad that Salamence, and Milotic can Counter it.

I should of sworn that I heard Lucavi said, "Modest nature sucks."

And Celebi, Hypnosis may not have good accuarcy, but it is quiet usleful, but I I'm a Thunder Wave fan.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:10 AM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

ok plz stop stop STOP with sceptile! i don't want it! I hate it! if someone could help me with a moveset for a non-CB flygon, and I mean REALLY help, then I will be thankful. But stop with the sceptile thing! SALAMENCE DOES NOT COUNTER SCEPTILE!!!!!!! there.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Exclamation Re: I need some help

Quote:
ok plz stop stop STOP with sceptile! i don't want it! I hate it! if someone could help me with a moveset for a non-CB flygon, and I mean REALLY help, then I will be thankful. But stop with the sceptile thing! SALAMENCE DOES NOT COUNTER SCEPTILE!!!!!!! there.
You hate Sceptail? What is freaking wrong with you? My brother got pissed off when he seen this message. Man, you don't have to be that angry, if you hate Sceptail, then why you didn't say so in the first place. If you want a non-CB Flygon, then here you go, Flygon sucks with Choice Band in the 3rd generation of Pokemon anyway:

@Leftovers
Nature: Adanamt
-Rock Slide
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power [Bug]

Old 12-30-2006, 04:44 AM
The Kinslayer Offline
Banned

Quote:
i didnt create this to start fights. and celebi, its DUMB, not DUMP. let lucavi take it from here, alright?? thank you.
And you really expect for 'em to just stop posting since you did post this team in the public eye?

Not to mention it's a learning experience, so yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory View Post
Man, this is long agurment. Well, at least Hypnosis is better then that Grass Whisle crap. I would use this for Sceptile:

@Leftovers
Nature: Modest
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Thunderpunch
-Sythieses

Too bad that Salamence, and Milotic can Counter it.
Not to mention that it's asking for a warm welcome.

Quote:
I should of sworn that I heard Lucavi said, "Modest nature sucks."
Heh, it's just not as effective when you could get some extra points in SPD to make the first strike.

After all, SubSeed is majority the product of Speed.

Quote:
And Celebi, Hypnosis may not have good accuarcy, but it is quiet usleful, but I I'm a Thunder Wave fan.
Yeah, Hypnosis for the fast and Thunder Wave for the damned tanks.

Quote:
ok plz stop stop STOP with sceptile! i don't want it! I hate it!
All I have to say is "good luck in life".

if someone could help me with a moveset for a non-CB flygon, and I mean REALLY help, then I will be thankful. But stop with the sceptile thing! SALAMENCE DOES NOT COUNTER SCEPTILE!!!!!!! there.[/QUOTE]Give it a DD, break a Sub, and HP Flying/Fire Blast 'em to death.

Just watch for those with HP Ice.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:58 PM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

phew, thank u. i had to talk that way, otherwise ppl would keep fighting about something that wasnt even supposed to be discusses. it was going a bit off-topic. but now the sceptile thing has stopped. anyway, where the hell did u want me to put sceptile in my team, if I used it? instead of gengar? instead of mence?
TORY, its called personal tastes. u love it, I hate it. (even though I hate celebi the most). and sceptile doesnt learn synthesis, at least in NB.
instead of focus punch, I thought of putting destiny bond on gengar, and making him a special sweeper.
kinslayer, "good luck in life"? what does this have to do with real life? this is pokemon o_O .
oh, maybe a sleeptalk milotic would be bad at all.

Last edited by ThatMan; 12-30-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Cool Re: I need some help

Crap, my post didn't go threw yesterday, anyway thanks, We have move to a worst location where no noe talkes about Pokemon, an I hate living here, but we do have a bigger house, but still I wish I can move back to those group of people who like Pokemon. But that like a lower life to me.

Too bad that Flygon can't learn Dragon Dance, but I wish it could.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:39 PM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

Gengar (M) @ Petaya Berry ** Konpaku
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Salamence (M) @ Choice Band ** Ryuujin
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers ** Resshin
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 176 Spd / 20 SDef
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Starmie @ Leftovers ** Juusei
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers ** Guuguu
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 120 Atk / 136 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Brick Break
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers ** Kawamaru
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roar

ok some minor changes have been made... sry to bring this up again, but now I have TB starmie to take on those pesky waters, Special attacking gengar with giga drain, i took fire blast of snorlax and replaced it with brick break so it could take on TTar. swampert now has hydro pump. do u think its good? remember that i dont like legends.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Judgement Offline
Amateur Trainer

Gengar (M) @Leftovers ** Konpaku
- Giga Drain
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis

- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Spd / 232 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Fire Blast or Thunderbolt
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

FB-Boah hits a lot more stuff than regular Boah and this will also help you more against stallers. Note that this is slower than regular Boah so don't try a Focus Punch against another Boah when they Focus Punch at the same time.

EVs: 44 HP / 212 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

- Body Slam
- Brick Break
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

No, just no. Use this PLEASE.
Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 124 HP / 176 Atk / 136 Def / 4 Spd / 68 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 84 Def / 72 SAtk / 96 SDef
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Roar
Old 01-07-2007, 04:56 PM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgement View Post
Gengar (M) @Leftovers ** Konpaku
- Giga Drain
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis

- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Spd / 232 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Fire Blast or Thunderbolt
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

FB-Boah hits a lot more stuff than regular Boah and this will also help you more against stallers. Note that this is slower than regular Boah so don't try a Focus Punch against another Boah when they Focus Punch at the same time.

EVs: 44 HP / 212 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

- Body Slam
- Brick Break
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

No, just no. Use this PLEASE.
Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 124 HP / 176 Atk / 136 Def / 4 Spd / 68 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 84 Def / 72 SAtk / 96 SDef
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Roar
dude, I agree with some things, while I don't agree with some others:
gengar: ok

salamence: fire blast still 2HKOs Skarm, like flamethrower. flamethrower has more PP, also 2HKOs skarm and 0HKOs forry and scizor.

Tyranitar: i'm not a big fan of boah. this set I use catches ppl off-guard most of the times. its useful, even though it doesnt look like it.

Snorlax: I used to have that set before... if i use it, sleep talk doesnt choose shadow ball whenever I want it to. so it becomes harder to take out some gengars. but I'll still take it into consideration.

Swampert: rest and roar? right, but no. also, rest leaves pert too vulnerable to Giga Drain or HP Grass. even though its risky, I may put rest instead of roar on pert. if i take all the counters, then it should be fine.

Last edited by ThatMan; 01-07-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Lucavi Offline

Swampert is never going to pull out a rest unless you have a cleric; everyone carries an HP grasser/Giga drain user on their teams nowadays