Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:58 PM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default I need some help

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers ** Konpaku
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 216 Atk / 236 Spd / 56 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Salamence (M) @ Choice Band ** Ryuujin
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers ** Resshin
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 176 Spd / 20 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers ** Toride
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers ** Guuguu
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers ** Kawamaru
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 68 Atk / 120 Def / 80 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf

ok, here's the thing. I like this team quite a bit, I think I actually win a lot of the times. but I still have problems going against, for example, Milotic. I usually have a hard time beating the likes of Milotic, Swampert, or Vaporeon, and/or baton pass teams. so, what I would like, is for an EXPERIENCED USER (like Lucavi or something) to give me some moveset suggestions, or EVs, or even new pokes. I should say, however, that most of these sets work, but I'll take suggestions anyway, cause there's obviously room for improvement :)
Old 12-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi
Default Re: I need some help

Adamant is better for Salamence because you can still 2hko Skarmory, even with a -Satk nature

As for the team, yea, it seems that you'll have problems killing waters. Maybe you could lose Forretress for something like Thunderbolt Starmie, which beats Milotic and Vaporeon easily, while keeping your rapid spiner, though you lose spikes, which can hurt the team a bit. Even with Starmie, Swampert could cause problems. I can't suggest much to solve that problem, except maybe Giga drain on Gengar, possibly over sub. You have Tyranitar to break through stall, so Sub on Gengar is pretty pointless, even more if you can predict
Old 12-28-2006, 09:26 PM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

thk u. but by having starmie instead of forry, i would lose my spiker. and I would lose my physical wall, not mentioning the fact that it has served me well against celebi, metagross, and Tyranitars that are not Boahs. therefore, maybe jolteon could come in instead of gengar? oh, and none of my pokes have weaknesses to electric

Last edited by ThatMan; 12-28-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Lucavi Offline

tbh, Forry is a poor physical wall. You have resistances to normal, flying, bug, fighting, rock and ground, why would you need forry? You can handle Celebi with mence and tar, Swampert can beat Metagross and Tyranitar, and adding Starmie can also help a bit against those 2. Jolteon would be kinda meh tbh, it just adds another EQ Curselax weak
Old 12-29-2006, 02:59 AM
Lugialord Offline
Elite Trainer

Swampert @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Snorlax @ Lefties
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Shadow Ball / Earthquake

Naughty nature is crap and pointless, neutral.

Mence @ Lefties
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]

t-tar: argh ... sub. Taunt or Thunderbolt please.

Credits to Rex Deorum for making this ownage banner.

Oh hi. I'm back from a long absence.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:00 AM
celebi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugialord View Post
Swampert @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Snorlax @ Lefties
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Shadow Ball / Earthquake
To many cursers will can team can be sweeped with a milotic or smthng like that

Naughty nature is crap and pointless, neutral.

Mence @ Lefties
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying] (I reallly don't get it why they put HP while u have AA

t-tar: argh ... sub. Taunt or Thunderbolt please.
Ok u have too many physical sweepers why don't u use a baton passer to boost their attack. You give every single one an attack boosting move which is really dump.

U can put ninjask with sword dance or a scizor with agility and swords dance in ur team.
If you want a suber t-tar erase dd cause it's unnessary. T-tar has enough attack to sweep everythink on it's way. Put focus punch instead and keep it adamant t-boah is deffinately hard to use and even if u use it well it's not as good.

with swords dancer u can put surf and return instead of curse. But kepp DD on salamence cause if ur passer gets killed u will still have the chance to increase speed and attack.

hatches 1268
Evolves 1373
level 100 1553
Old 12-29-2006, 01:25 PM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

ok, no offence, but this is why I wanted someone truly experienced to help me with my team. cause most ppl just post STANDARD movesets! and everyone can read smogon, for god sake! yes, thank you for trying to help, but all those u have posted i've used before, and decided to change, cause those changes started to work.

1- my snorlax is the GSC one, and it works.

2- my swampert ALSO works. it easily takes on the likes of aeros, mences, non-boah ttars, and metagross (if it has explosion, i'll just switch to gengar when it uses it)

3- my ttar was made for the late part of the game. when skarmory, and hopefully the bulky water is gone, then I sub in a blisseys face, DD up, and kill everything. its been quite good actually.

4- lucavi, if forry is gone, then what can I count on to take physical hits? (starmie has been useful, but now theres no one that can take a beating and not die). can i count on pert to take them?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:28 PM
celebi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan View Post
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
First of all u are wasting EV of salamence and AA is always better than HP.

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
T-tar doesn't need substitute if u sooo wanna DD. It can even DD the face of Vapereon for a turn.You only need to be ready for fighting types put freakin brick break so will sweep snorlax and blissey with a single DD

- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
U are right u need Forre more than Starmie as u already have swampertç
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
I guess u are trying to take down skarmories with this.I don't think this will OHKO but it should work

- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf
Swampert is a slow pokemon while you take it out to Roar u will freakin be sweeped. try finding another roarer or put somethink like curse or rest in there.As u say milotic or suicine will be its end.
As I said before a swords dance baton passer will be helpfull to u. The set you used for Mence is the perfect set for flygon and it will also be a volt absorber and flygon can take down skarmory,Aerodactyl and Mence easily. By this way you can erase fireblast of Snorlax and make him what he is suppose to be, a physical sweeper. curse and take down ur fear milotic and vapereon down with it. Even if u can't gengar should take them down with a final bolt.

Quote:
ok, no offence, but this is why I wanted someone truly experienced to help me with my team. cause most ppl just post STANDARD movesets! and everyone can read smogon, for god sake! yes, thank you for trying to help, but all those u have posted i've used before, and decided to change, cause those changes started to work.

1- my snorlax is the GSC one, and it works.

2- my swampert ALSO works. it easily takes on the likes of aeros, mences, non-boah ttars, and metagross (if it has explosion, i'll just switch to gengar when it uses it)

3- my ttar was made for the late part of the game. when skarmory, and hopefully the bulky water is gone, then I sub in a blisseys face, DD up, and kill everything. its been quite good actually.can't blissey seismic toss?

4- lucavi, if forry is gone, then what can I count on to take physical hits? (starmie has been useful, but now theres no one that can take a beating and not die). can i count on pert to take them?
As I said before Flygon is made to take down those bold pokes. By this way you can switch Swampert with Blastiose which will be a good tank and rapid spinner if u want. By Blastoise in Foret can be out and u can put whatever u need instead(maybe a fast roarer or a passer. I don't know.).

hatches 1268
Evolves 1373
level 100 1553
Old 12-29-2006, 03:58 PM
ThatMan Offline
Amateur Trainer

well, aerial ace IS good, but HP Flying usually OHKOs celebi, who I hate. but then theres the double teaming bastards, so I could use AA. but why am I wasting mences EVs? its a CBer, it needs max speed and attack. TTar's subs dont get broken with just one Seismic Toss, or even Ice Beam. Thats why it usually is able to DD at least twice against blissey, becoming faster than everything, and very powerful. this is a good way to take advantage of blissey. i can't imagine myself not using forry. I might have to put vaporeon or zapdos somewhere in my team (i hate legends). Snorlax obviously doesnt OHKO Skarm with Fire Blast, but Skarm cant do much to Snorlax right now. as for swampert....... It's oe of my faves, but sometimes it doesnt get to do much in a fight, although it kicks TTars, aeros, and metagross's ass. but I'm usually wondering if I should just use Sleeptalk Milotic instead. sometimes weezing can annoy me as well, bu it can't touch sleeptalk milo. and I'm not very good with flygon, did u mean I should use it instead of salamence? I dunno.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM
celebi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
well, aerial ace IS good, but HP Flying usually OHKOs celebi, who I hate. but then theres the double teaming bastards, so I could use AA. but why am I wasting mences EVs? its a CBer, it needs max speed and attack. TTar's subs dont get broken with just one Seismic Toss, or even Ice Beam. Thats why it usually is able to DD at least twice against blissey, becoming faster than everything, and very powerful. this is a good way to take advantage of blissey. i can't imagine myself not using forry. I might have to put vaporeon or zapdos somewhere in my team (i hate legends). Snorlax obviously doesnt OHKO Skarm with Fire Blast, but Skarm cant do much to Snorlax right now. as for swampert....... It's oe of my faves, but sometimes it doesnt get to do much in a fight, although it kicks TTars, aeros, and metagross's ass. but I'm usually wondering if I should just use Sleeptalk Milotic instead. sometimes weezing can annoy me as well, bu it can't touch sleeptalk milo. and I'm not very good with flygon, did u mean I should use it instead of salamence? I dunno.
That's what I wanted u to try. Salamence is great with High attack and a good speed.Spc attack should be 0 for a adamant sweeping mence. Flygon can do the moves of Mence and and the tricks of Swampert for ur team. I can see that u gave too much EV to HP for T-tar.Usually a sweeper T-tar has a hp around 350. Its defensive stats are more important for it than its hp if u want it to DD.Yes 2 fireblasts usually does the work for skarmory.

hatches 1268
Evolves 1373
level 100 1553
Old 12-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Lucavi Offline

Celebi, stop rating, you clearly don't know what you're talking about

Quote:
if forry is gone, then what can I count on to take physical hits? (starmie has been useful, but now theres no one that can take a beating and not die). can i count on pert to take them?
Forretress only useful resist is normal, which you have Gengar and Tyranitar to take on. You have Swampert for rock and Steel, Gengar for Bug, Fighting, Ground and Poison, Tyranitar for Flying. What do you need Forretress for? You're just asking for an opposing Gengar to set up on you. With Starmie, you lose Spikes, but you have a guaranteed Milotic and Vaporeon counter, provided you use Thunderbolt
Old 12-29-2006, 06:05 PM
celebi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
Celebi, stop rating, you clearly don't know what you're talking about

Forretress only useful resist is normal, which you have Gengar and Tyranitar to take on. You have Swampert for rock and Steel, Gengar for Bug, Fighting, Ground and Poison, Tyranitar for Flying. What do you need Forretress for? You're just asking for an opposing Gengar to set up on you. With Starmie, you lose Spikes, but you have a guaranteed Milotic and Vaporeon counter, provided you use Thunderbolt
I know more than u do know urself.U think u and ur sets are the only right think but they are not.

yes starmie thunderbolt

milotic mirror coat....

even zapdos thunderbolt

milotic mirror coat...

or should I say 2 pokemons Swampert and Starmie taken down by a Sceptile....Ohh I forgot t-tar was weak against grass too right...Ohh leech seed destroys all + of snolax too right.and what is ur counter Salamence only well maybe gengar too if Sceptile doesn't know crunch.

hatches 1268
Evolves 1373
level 100 1553
Old 12-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Fossil Fusion Offline
Ride On

Send a message via AIM to Fossil Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi View Post
I know more than u do know urself.U think u and ur sets are the only right think but they are not.

yes starmie thunderbolt

milotic mirror coat....

even zapdos thunderbolt

milotic mirror coat...

or should I say 2 pokemons Swampert and Starmie taken down by a Sceptile....Ohh I forgot t-tar was weak against grass too right...Ohh leech seed destroys all + of snolax too right.and what is ur counter Salamence only well maybe gengar too if Sceptile doesn't know crunch.
If you knew more you would be a Pe2k Team Rater but you're not so be quiet

Zapdos Substitute

Milotic Mirror Coat Fail

Zapdos Thunderbolt...

That could happen.

Lucavi, DS and Echo are the best raters around here not you :|

Sceptile dies OHKO Return from Snorlax anyways if it doesnt switch or something. Seriously Celebi you piss me off.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Lucavi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi View Post

yes starmie thunderbolt

milotic mirror coat....

even zapdos thunderbolt

milotic mirror coat...

you know, it's fine to try and help people, but trying to impart wisdom when you don't know a thing doesn't really help anyone.

Now, you know how retarded is Mirror coat Milotic? Hey, let's use a surprise move that only works once, yes, that's a great idea! I mean it, no one who haves half a brain uses Mirror coat when you can use the much better Hypnosis or stall with Toxic

And if you think that Sceptile is going to pack Crunch, then you seriously need to know how the metagame works. Standard Sceptile is subseed (If you know what that means), which is destroyed by Sandstream as it can't stall. Gengar can switch into Sceptile, as it resists Leaf blade and has little HP which means Leech seed does nothing. And lol if you think that Salamence counters Sceptile, since it always carries HP ice, which tells me you don't know anything at all.

I'm going to be nice again and tell you to stop rating if you don't know a thing when it comes to competitve
Old 12-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Poke Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Poke Master Send a message via Yahoo to Poke Master

Quote:
- Focus PunchTry Reflect
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

- Earthquake
- Fire Blast---> Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
Take him off.

- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf

ok, here's the thing. I like this team quite a bit, I think I actually win a lot of the times. but I still have problems going against, for example, Milotic. I usually have a hard time beating the likes of Milotic, Swampert, or Vaporeon, and/or baton pass teams. so, what I would like, is for an EXPERIENCED USER (like Lucavi or something) to give me some moveset suggestions, or EVs, or even new pokes. I should say, however, that most of these sets work, but I'll take suggestions anyway, cause there's obviously room for improvement :)
Weird nicknames...