Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-09-2004, 04:34 PM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default RMT please

here it is:

Sceptile @laz insence(need a new one)
Level=63
Giga Drain
Leaf Blade
Earthquake
False Swipe

Metagross @lefties
Level=61
Rest
Psychic
Meteror mash
Light screen

AND DONT SAY THAT STUPID CHESTY RESTING!!!!!!! HE CAN LAST TWO TURNS.

Huntail @Kings Rock
Level=70
Crunch
Ice Beam
Water Fall(I need this and its not that bad its only 15 points weaker than Surf)
Scary face(Im think about makeing this body slam or should it be HP ground for the electice types?)

Altaria @Amulet coin(need new item)
Level=61
Fly
Sky Attack
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance

Swampert @Um what should be here?
Surf
Ice beam
Endivore
Earthquake

Please dont say the rest thing I hate that move on swampert.

Blaziken @Need to replace macho brace with something to power up my moves
Level 61
Bulk Up
Flame thrower
Skyuper cut
Overheat

Well? and please dont bash my huntail Hes my fav poke!!!

Last edited by gamevoid; 03-12-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:28 PM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: RMT please

Sorry for the DP but PLEASE RATE MY TEAM!!! Ive been waiting for like a week now!
Old 03-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix004 Send a message via MSN to Phoenix004

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamevoid
here it is:

Level=63
Giga Drain
Leaf Blade
Earthquake
False Swipe

Metagross @lefties
Level=61
Rest
Psychic
Meteror mash
Light screen

Huntail @Kings Rock
Level=70
Crunch
Ice Beam
Water Fall(I need this and its not that bad its only 15 points weaker than Surf) I'd replace Waterfall with Surf, you barley ever need Waterfall and when you do you can switch out with something else temporarily. Besides, 15 power can be a crucial difference.
Scary face(Im think about makeing this body slam or should it be HP ground for the electice types?) Body slam and HP both sound good. Body slam is my favourite normal move. Good power, PP, accuracy, and decent chance of paralysis. But HP ground might be more useful for a water type.

Altaria @Amulet coin(need new item)
Level=61
Fly
Sky Attack I'd replace this with a powerful TM, such as Earthquake or Ice beam.Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance

Surf
Ice beam
Endivore
Earthquake

I don't really like rest either...

Blaziken @Need to replace macho brace with something to power up my moves
Level 61
Bulk Up
Flame thrower
Skyuper cut Replace with Brick break or Earthquake.
Overheat

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 03-12-2004, 04:47 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamevoid
here it is:

Level=63
Giga Drain (Lose this for something else because you don't need two Grass moves on him. Breed the Giga Drain off of him first because it's a consumable TM and you can't get another one.)
Leaf Blade
Earthquake
False Swipe

Metagross @lefties
Level=61
Rest (EQ is greatly recomended.)
Psychic
Meteror mash
Light screen (Agility is greatly recomanded since his Speed blows.)

Huntail @Kings Rock
Level=70
Crunch
Ice Beam
Water Fall(I need this and its not that bad its only 15 points weaker than Surf)
Scary face(Im think about makeing this body slam or should it be HP ground for the electice types?)

(Try Surf and Rain Dance for those last two slots.)

Altaria @Amulet coin(need new item) (I have no clue on the item here, sorry.)
Level=61
Fly
Sky Attack (You don't need two Flying attacks here so lose one.)
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance

Surf (Not needed since EQ and Ice beam cover the Types Surf is good against.)
Ice beam
Endivore
Earthquake

Blaziken @Need to replace macho brace with something to power up my moves (Try a Shell Bell or Lefties)
Level 61
Bulk Up
Flame thrower
Skyuper cut
Overheat (Why in the world did you use the TM? He has one Fire move already! Breed it off of him and then lose it on him since Overheat is a consumable TM.)

I've learned quite a few things in my years of playing Pkmn and I've decided to actively try to rate teams as much as I can now.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 03-12-2004, 05:08 PM
gamevoid Offline
Experienced Trainer

Ok Ill take those into thoght anyone else althogh I do have to say I cant put EQ on my metagross cause its on my Sceptile, and for waterfall My friends SB requires me to use it to get to it and I battle him daily(in the base).
Old 03-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Get rid of Swampert's Surf attack? No offence or anything, but are you crazy bronislav84? That is not only the best water move in the game, but is also his Swampert's only water move! Any good trainer knows that a Pokemon should always have at least one move of its own type, for STAB if nothing else. Gamevoid also said that he needs Waterfall on a daily basis, which means he will need Surf on a daily basis as well.

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 03-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

What have you got against Chesto Resting, GameVoid? It's a really good technique, and work exceddingly well for Swampert...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Chesto resting is very useful Alakasm, but it only works once with the Chesto berry, then you have to be helpless for two turns to recover which will probably result in even more damage to your Pokemon. If you only use Rest the one time, it is a waste of a valuable move space.

Old 03-13-2004, 07:47 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix004
Get rid of Swampert's Surf attack? No offence or anything, but are you crazy bronislav84? That is not only the best water move in the game, but is also his Swampert's only water move! Any good trainer knows that a Pokemon should always have at least one move of its own type, for STAB if nothing else. Gamevoid also said that he needs Waterfall on a daily basis, which means he will need Surf on a daily basis as well.
Swam is meant to be a Physc Sweper. gg. Fires die from Quake, Rocks die from Quake, what else do you need?

If trained properly with correct EVs, Swam can survive 2 turns of rest. But I practically HATE the Chesto Resting technique, I'd rather sweep fast and attach Leftovers. Use Protect to heal a little more...Meh.

Gamevoid, put Waterfall on a HM Slave. Withdraw it from your box whenever you want to get to your friend's base.

Phoenix, who are you to talk about other people's faults when you leave Fly on Altaria?
Old 03-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Pocket Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pocket

..go with Leech Seed, Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw and Hidden Power *Fire/Water*/Crunch. He is meant to be an Elemental Sweeper. Nothing else. Attach Scope Lens CHKO

Metagross is a great Physical Sweeper. Agility, Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball over Psychic, Light Screen and Rest. Attach Liechi Berry. Sludge Bomb can fend off the ever-annoying Ludicolo, Shadow Ball against the popular Psychic and Ghost pogeys. With the boost of Liechi Berry, it can sweep entire teams.

Huntail, with Swift Swim, can sweep. Rain Dance and Hydro Pump is a must. Ice Beam and Crunch for verstality. Attach Shell Bell/Scope Lens.

You definately need a Hazer, and Altaria is the only choice. Haze, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Rest. Attach Leftovers.

Swampert is a Tank. Give it Rest.

Blaziken is a more like a hit-and-run kinda pogey. Go with, Toxic, Rock Slide, Overheat and Focus Punch. Attach either Scope Lens, Quick Claw, Shell Bell, or the standard Leftovers.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:31 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix004
By your logic, Sneasal should always have a dark and ice attack, you're an idiot if you don't give Castform Return, Nosepass without rock slide is useless, Mightyena is nothing without its Crunch, etc.

Simply not true. Swampert's stats is more directed at a physical fighter. Just like you wouldn't make Zell or Sabin your elite magic caster while you rely on Riona and similar characters as your physical weaponary users, the same concept applies. Swampert can do better without surf, so why bother giving it a STAB move? Sure, surf might OHKO Rhydon better than Earthquake, but it's not as if Earthquake will cause it to be killed in that one turn. Curse does boost Quake's damage, not surf, so Swampert's already little special attack wouldn't get an extra kick for surf, with or without STAB.