Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-23-2006, 01:26 AM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos
Default MegaTokyo

so has anyone else read this awesome webmanga? I just found it a few days ago and read up to the current page. I think the artwork and the story is nicely done. If you've read it, what do you think of it? if not...

It's Here. Take a look and see what you think.

Yeah, That's right, I'm calling you out WAR Teams. Your going down!
Old 12-24-2006, 03:15 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet
Default Re: MegaTokyo

relax¬ we understand j00

lol, I just started to read it yesterday, I'm only up to #90 something... only 800+ more to go

but yea, it's pretty funny, I'm kinda like the 2 idiots together XD
Old 12-24-2006, 03:43 AM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via ICQ to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via AIM to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via MSN to Crossfire Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to Crossfire Chaos

Yeah, Largo's is my favorite character. He gets even cooler later on in the comic. The best thing about the comic is how many crazy things happen; I like how it's not just their problems in tokyo, but now and then they throw in a crazy element such as "rent-a-zilla".

Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

I honestly didn't get it.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 12-24-2006, 04:31 AM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

by didn't get, what do you mean? it seems pretty easy to understand...

Last edited by Crossfire Chaos; 12-24-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:46 AM
Saori Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Saori

I absolutely love MT. lol, I remember when it was still a baby with 70 or so comics xD
Now it has like 800+?

Did you guys manage to read to the part where Kimiko actually WENT to work as a waitress again? Aiya... I actually felt a short pain in my chest area when Piro went "I don't deserve that." Honestly brought chills to my spine. Poor Piro-san.

Is it me or am I getting a very large "I am the X-robot Dom is looking for" vibe from Miho? And Largo's so amazing in his own retarded ways. Makes me wonder sometimes...
Old 12-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yeah, well that was a good scene, I wish I could think good lines to say like that. I would have just walked away or said something stupid.

If you haven't read up to the last page, do not read the following as it contains spoilers.

Anyway, Miho is a very strange character. Basically from what I can tell she loves to play video games just like Largo, but it's like she thinks that life and video-game-life are just as important. So when she finally killed Largo in that MMORPG(forget the name) she was very pleased with herself and to her it was like she accomplished something huge. But during the scene when Largo said he didn't care she was crushed and ended up crushing her beer can as a result. Anyway, I think she felt herself to be very similar to Largo and hoped to make him her freind, but when she found out that he actually did know the difference between life and fiction (in the scene I mentioned) she decided to try another route to get him as a friend by trying to show him she wasn't undead and very much alive, but Largo still doesn't understand that.

Anyway, maybe I'm reading too much into the story, but the farther I read into the details surrounding her the harder and harder it is for me to be able to put it into words.

The only thing I want cleared up is why she went up to Largo and said "Thank You" during her first appearance? What did he do for her?

Old 12-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Saori Offline
Elite Trainer

Maybe it had something to do with their old adventures in endgames? Ugh, honestly. Miho's mind games hurt my head. But I do agree that she tends to remove the border line between games and real life. I really want to know just 'who' or 'what' Miho is...

I remember a scene where Ping came into the clinic because of Miho's sudden fainting spell. The nurse said something about not being able to contact Miho's parents and stuff. But does she even have parents? For the most part, all she ever does is drift around Piro, Largo and Ping.

Also, I remember Miho saying that she was just like Yuki but in a way, Yuki fed on the happy feelings of people, while Miho, on the other side of her spectrum. There was also a scene where Inspector Sonoda (Or whatever his name is... Yuki's dad xD) identified Miho as someone quite dangerous and Miho herself said that in a way she was a 'fan of Erika's fans'.

Aiya. I have so many Miho theories D:
And why on earth is Ping being hunted anyway? I remember (was it Ed or Dom) the guy who was hunting Ping go, "You! You're the real thing." and then mumbling something about feeling fear. Does this mean that he identifies Miho as another possible target, but what for?

Well, anyways, don't you think Yuki being a magical girl is a bit weird? xD

And I love the Erika-Largo moment with the "Like one of those really awful games that look good but when you actually play them you find out how awful it actually is. Not worth playing."

"I don't play games that aren't worth playing"

>/////////< *fweee~*
Old 12-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

This one comic shows that even Miho herself knows she has a problem separating fiction from reality.

Quote:
...Yuki fed on the happy feelings of people...
don't really remember that part, however I guess it could be true... Though she herself seems unhappy a large portion of the time we get to see her character.

Quote:
...why on earth is Ping being hunted anyway?...
This comic explains it. 191

Quote:
...don't you think Yuki being a magical girl is a bit weird?...
Yes, yes I do since I haven't seen any manifestation of this power yet, but on the MT forums it was said her mother was a magical girl. Not sure if it's true though.

And to that last comment on Largo... That is one of the reasons why I like his character so much. It shows there that he actually does know the difference between games and real life.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Saori Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire Chaos View Post
Yes, yes I do since I haven't seen any manifestation of this power yet, but on the MT forums it was said her mother was a magical girl. Not sure if it's true though.
Actually, yes. The comic itselfs shows that both Junpei and Largo are aware that Meimi Sonoda IS a Magical Girl. It was first Junpei who discovered about it. Since I'm a bit lazy to specifically find the page, here's one scene depicting a conversation between Junpei and Largo about her magical girl-ness.

http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=674

It's when Erika first meets Meimi in the comic that we find out that's she's actually a magical girl. lol, specifically, the part wherein Meimi and Junpei stalk them on their "date" xD
Old 12-28-2006, 03:30 AM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Oh! I guess it's true then. Strange though how neither of them have shown their powers yet though.

The most strange part yet is why Miho started crying after that Cave of Evil scene where Piro yells at her. She seems cold and manipulating but how can she be when she breaks down and starts crying like that? Miho is an enigma, I wish we knew more about her.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:56 AM
Saori Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire Chaos View Post
Oh! I guess it's true then. Strange though how neither of them have shown their powers yet though.

The most strange part yet is why Miho started crying after that Cave of Evil scene where Piro yells at her. She seems cold and manipulating but how can she be when she breaks down and starts crying like that? Miho is an enigma, I wish we knew more about her.
I think Miho harbors feelings for Piro... lol, maybe it's just me xD;;;
Well, I have this vibe that she sort of cares for Piro since he was like, the only thing she had. But when Yuki, Ping and Kimiko came, she had a lot more competition. I guess in the end, all she wants is for him to be happy. I mean, she did show him the picture of Kimi crying...

I wanna know more about Miho ;___;
She's so cool >w<
Old 12-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

gaaah, curse my stupid net connections... I haven't read all yet... only up to 300 something I think ._.

my next ava/sig will probably be about MT =P

ph33r t3h b33r
Old 12-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Crossfire Chaos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

lol, thanks for the idea though jet, I've been looking for something to replace that ugly splotch of black paint I call my ava.

Back to Miho,
Well she did have that kind of relationship with Piro in that MMORPG right before she backstabbed them both. I don't know, I think Miho seems to like Largo moreso then Piro as she's always seems to try and get him to think of her as human instead of as a vampire. Though above all I think she's maybe trying to manipulate them all and enjoys watching them. I really wish we had a psychology major reading MT, all this thinking is hurting my brain. >_<

Old 12-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I can like totally relate to Piro, minus the leet drawing skillz, minus shoujo manga reading to the max, minus robo girl, plus sort of ability to interact with females. XD

Largo is just hilarious. GTL ftw! XD

Hey, it's Haruhi Suzumiya, evil version. XD

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 12-29-2006 at 05:13 PM.