Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:20 AM
Vaxil Offline
New Trainer

Default Someone wanna update me?

Hi guys...

I was a pokemon fan for quite a long time, obbessed even. Pictures, Posters, the games, toys, stuffies, games, puzzles, all the works. Then grew out of it, but never got rid of my stuff, still felt too special to me. Yesterday I was watching the first and second movie, and just felt that wonder and connection I had to it again...anyway, to get to the point. I haven't watched the show forever and know some episodes have continued to go on. I have a load of questions I would love to be answered, if anyone can help me.

Did Tracey every show up again? I loved that guy, he was cool.
Did Bulbasaur and Squirtle ever evolve?
Team Rocket, anything new with them, odd twists or turns?
Team Magna and Aqua, dont know much about them, are they over or back?
Did Misty and Brock come back? What happend with May and her bro?
What was the deal with Brock and Ivy? I actually know the answer, but I want to see if the show ever revealed it.
New pokemon, did Ash catch any new ones or release any?
I know Gary became a scientist, are they're any other wacky twists and turns?
Butch and Cassidy? Any newness?
Was it ever known why Mewtwo and Ho-oh showed up randomly in two episodes?
I saw....a baby lugia? What in the world?
Mew? It ever come again? I miss mew. What about Mewtwo?
They'res these strange rumors about giovanni being ash's dad, any news on his heritage?
Professor Oak...um...I don't know, but anything new with him?
Did any of the old characters ever show up? AJ, Mateo, Richie, Prima?
I'm SO lost, who exactly is the number one pokemon master? What about the elite four? Are they still considered top? And whats the advanced episode thing I'm hearing about?

I haven't seen any epsidoes since the Joto League, at the ending of the beginning of it. I don't need a synapsis of every battle, but the interesting and permanet things you see in the episodes. Bad example, but like, Ash caught a rare pokemon or something.

Anyhoots, thanks guys...just dropping in, if I have anymore questions I shall ask.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:55 AM
STORMTROOPER X Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Someone wanna update me?

I think it would be more helpful if people knew where you last left off at.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:54 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Did Tracey every show up again? I loved that guy, he was cool.
No, he stayed with Prof. Oak, but stars in some special episodes along with Misty.

Quote:
Did Bulbasaur and Squirtle ever evolve?
Nope.

Quote:
Team Rocket, anything new with them, odd twists or turns?
TR have stayed pretty much the same. Except they released Arbok and Weezing.

Quote:
Team Magna and Aqua, dont know much about them, are they over or back?
They had a few appearances but of course their plans were foiled by Ash & co. They didn't really do much.

Quote:
Did Misty and Brock come back?
Brock returned to travel with Ash but Misty remains at the Cerulean gym.

Quote:
What happend with May and her bro?
May is a Pokemon Coordinator and competes in Contests instead of Gym Battles. Her brother just follows the group around...

Quote:
What was the deal with Brock and Ivy? I actually know the answer, but I want to see if the show ever revealed it.
It's never been revealed and it probably never will be.

Quote:
New pokemon, did Ash catch any new ones or release any?
He's caught and released quite a few. There's specific information here but be warned there are spoilers for future episodes as well.

Quote:
Butch and Cassidy? Any newness?
They haven't been seen much. They starred in a few Chronicles special episodes though.

Quote:
Was it ever known why Mewtwo and Ho-oh showed up randomly in two episodes?
They showed up randomly?

Quote:
I saw....a baby lugia? What in the world?
In the anime there may be more than one of each legendary Pokemon.

Quote:
Mew? It ever come again? I miss mew. What about Mewtwo?
Mewtwo starred in "Mewtwo Returns", sequel to the First Movie. Mew appeared in the "Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" special episode that was made by Pokemon USA to test out the new voice actors.

Quote:
They'res these strange rumors about giovanni being ash's dad, any news on his heritage?
Nothing's been mentioned about Ash's dad since back in Kanto.

Quote:
Professor Oak...um...I don't know, but anything new with him?
Not that I can think of.

Quote:
Did any of the old characters ever show up? AJ, Mateo, Richie, Prima?
Richie starred in a few Pokemon Chronicles episodes.

Quote:
I'm SO lost, who exactly is the number one pokemon master? What about the elite four? Are they still considered top? And whats the advanced episode thing I'm hearing about?
Well, Ash lost the Hoenn league and is now travelling through Kanto on a Battle Frontier challenge. The number one Pokemon Master and Elite Four haven't really been mentioned that much.
The Advanced episodes refer to the seasons taking place during Hoenn. Pokemon Advanced, Advanced Challenge and Advanced Battle.

Hope that helped a bit. ^^
Old 12-22-2006, 01:21 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxil View Post
What about the elite four?
Both Agatha and Drake have made appearances in the anime since.

Agatha was temporarily running the Viridian City Gym when Ash passed through on his way home from competing in the Hoenn League. Ash battled Agatha's Gengar with Pikachu and was defeated.

Ash ran into Drake before battling Juan for the Rain Badge. Ash used Pikachu against Shelgon, then later, Grovyle against Altaria. Ash lost both rounds.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Vaxil Offline
New Trainer

Awsome! That did help alot, just a couple questions,

When Butch/Cassidy,Richie, Tracey showed up, did they do anything important? Was there anything new going on with them?

Ash's dad was mentioned in Kanto? What was said?

I haven't seen the show since Ash first got into the Johto League, right before he did the first gym.

Thanks so much!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:03 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxil View Post
When Butch/Cassidy,Richie, Tracey showed up, did they do anything important? Was there anything new going on with them?

Well Butch/Cassidy featured in a few Pokemon Chronicles episodes and both have gained a few new Pokemon:
Butch has a Mightyena and a Cloyster, and Cassidy has a Sableye and a Tentacruel, and as always in true TR fashion they interfere then get hammered by "the twerps."

Ritchie has a few more new Pokemon too: a Pupitar named "Cruz" and a Taillow named "Rose." Still got Sparky by his side though.

Tracey's been working as Professor Oak's assistant and has featured in several Pokemon Chronicles episodes.

No-one knows about Ash's father's whereabouts or indeed his identity, though a lot of people choose to speculate.

Hope this helped answer your questions.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:57 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxil
He was only mentioned in the second episode when Ash arrived at the Viridian City Pokemon Center and called his mom.

Delia: It took your father 4 days to get to Viridian City! You're spreading your wings and soaring like a Spearow!
Ash: I feel more like a fallen Pidgey.
Delia: Oh, Ash, don't get so discouraged. Your father would be so proud of you! You're the apple of his eye!
Ash: Yeah. A rotten apple.
Delia: I won't let you talk about yourself like that! Do you understand me?
Ash: Yes.

It's really not much to go on, but if Delia is speaking positively about Ash's dad, it kinda seems unlikely that his dad would be Giovanni.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Pika-pika Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
He was only mentioned in the second episode when Ash arrived at the Viridian City Pokemon Center and called his mom.

Delia: It took your father 4 days to get to Viridian City! You're spreading your wings and soaring like a Spearow!
Ash: I feel more like a fallen Pidgey.
Delia: Oh, Ash, don't get so discouraged. Your father would be so proud of you! You're the apple of his eye!
Ash: Yeah. A rotten apple.
Delia: I won't let you talk about yourself like that! Do you understand me?
Ash: Yes.

It's really not much to go on, but if Delia is speaking positively about Ash's dad, it kinda seems unlikely that his dad would be Giovanni.
Maybe she doesn't know leads Team Rocket.