Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 08-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Inferno's Avatar
Inferno Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gregor City
Posts: 297
Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default Re: Is God Real?

haha. People would still be alive if we followed ever word of God. It would just take really long to make fruit punch, because you can't make fruit punch with just 2 fruits. You'd have to go around to like 4 or 5 other people just to gather the ingredients needed to make fruit punch. And you'd have to do this while wearing itchy clothes that shrunk very easily.
That also would put a lot of corporations out of business. And I think this point should be brought up to the clothes manufactorers, because we all know that they base their corporations around the morals and word of God. Because if they're not worshipping God then... they're worshipping the devil.

Come on, I mean, I see so many things wrong with the paragraph above. In my eyes, as long as people are doing the rights things, and living an upstanding life; then whether they follow every word of God, most words of God, few words of God, or no words of God, it doesn't make a difference. No one person will have the exact same beliefs as another. If you find someone that does, then you should definitely be scared. but people can believe and/or worship God in the way they want to believe/worship him, without people contradicting their thoughts or telling them they're wrong. As long as you're empowered to live and live well then that's what matters to me.
__________________
  #32  
Old 08-14-2004, 09:24 PM
art's Avatar
art Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 547
Send a message via AIM to art Send a message via MSN to art
Default Re: Is God Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
Just to add:
God also said you can't have two different kinds of crops on your land, and if you do, you should be burned along with them.
God also said you can't wear clothes that are made of more than one fabric, or, you guessed it, should be burned along with them.

My my, me reckons very few people would be alive nowadays if we'd all follow the word of God =X.
Don't add to my comments please. If I wanted to say what you said, I would have.

Besides, I think what you said is probably misinterpreted (sp???) anyway. There's a lot of things in the bible tat make sense, even some wisdoms. But there's also a lot of bullshit in it, as any sane believer would agree with ISO trying to twist the words.
__________________

miyavi is the hotness
  #33  
Old 08-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Seven's Avatar
Seven Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 929
Default Re: Is God Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by art
Don't add to my comments please. If I wanted to say what you said, I would have.

Besides, I think what you said is probably misinterpreted (sp???) anyway. There's a lot of things in the bible tat make sense, even some wisdoms. But there's also a lot of bullshit in it, as any sane believer would agree with ISO trying to twist the words.
I meant 'add' as in: I agree with this post, as if it were mine >_>. But sure, mister, I won't use the word add anymore ^_^;.

ACtually, that stuff is literally in there, leaving no room at ALL for interpretation.
  #34  
Old 08-15-2004, 05:30 AM
art's Avatar
art Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 547
Send a message via AIM to art Send a message via MSN to art
Default Re: Is God Real?

Anyway, you backed me up with arguments I do not agree with. no fuss, though.
__________________

miyavi is the hotness
  #35  
Old 08-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Deoxys0003 Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 34
Default Re: Is God Real?

According to Christian religion, God created life from the very beginning, therefore meaning that nothing could be before Christianity existed...

I agree that December 25th is not when Christ was born, it just was a date used to celebrate it.

And could you give me the scripture references for those two statements?
__________________


o
l
/\


He's after you.
  #36  
Old 08-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Inferno's Avatar
Inferno Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gregor City
Posts: 297
Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default Re: Is God Real?

Nothing existed before christianity? I'm pretty sure there were a lot of religions being practiced before the creation of Chrisianity and before Jesuits.
But according to almost every religion that promotes a higher being and all mighty/all knowing power, they all say that the God of which they speak created everything. That's one main reason for religions, to explain and help people coap with their existance. And it simplifies the creation of the heavens and the earth, which has baffled man kind since the beginning. So, when you say, "According to Christian religion, God created life from the very beginning, therefore meaning that nothing could be before Christianity existed." I don't understand.
__________________
  #37  
Old 08-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Deoxys0003 Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 34
Default Re: Is God Real?

Adam and Eve are part of the Christian religion, and they were the very first humans to walk this earth. It might not have been called "Christianity" at first, however. Nothing was before Adam and Eve(other than God), so Christianity existed from the beginning.
__________________


o
l
/\


He's after you.
  #38  
Old 08-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Inferno's Avatar
Inferno Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gregor City
Posts: 297
Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default Re: Is God Real?

Aren't there religions saying that aliens from another galaxy placed the first two people on earth?
There are sooooo many religions and faiths explaining the first people and the creation, so you're statement that "Christianity existed fromt he beginning" is still an opinion to me, it has no credibility in an actual debate
__________________
  #39  
Old 08-16-2004, 03:34 AM
Deoxys0003 Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 34
Default Re: Is God Real?

I understand. I should just prove why God exists, not whether Christianity is true.
__________________


o
l
/\


He's after you.
  #40  
Old 08-16-2004, 09:39 AM
akdude's Avatar
akdude Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,827
Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude
Default Re: Is God Real?

Christians were called Gentials at first...just to let yall know.

And yall r all missin my point. Look at the word Christmas. What do u see? Christ. And yes Christ was born in Dec. on the 25th. I've heard the story soo many times it's unbelievable. He died 3 days before easter. If yall knew Gods prayer and what Christians believe, they yall would know that "He arose again from the dead and sits at the right hand of God, Father Almighty, and from there He shall come to judge the living and the dead." I say that every Sunday. All Christians do.

Now I bet yall r gonna say that no man can arise from the dead. Well I hate to break yalls heart but it's true. Jesus arose from the dead and accended into heaven. Just like Moses. Lived to be over 900 years old. Didn't even have to die, and he went to heaven.

And actually...if u read throughout the Bible. The Jews r mentioned more than the Gentials. So it is actually believe that Adam and Eve r Jewish.

Now could someone plz just lock this thread. It can go on forever and ever. And there's no point. There's no point in arguing over what ppl believe in.
__________________
(\ /)
(O.o) copy bunny into ur profile 2 help
(> <) him achieve world domination

MWAHAHA!! The bunnies will take over the world!!



Name: Slash
FC: 2191 4116 0821
  #41  
Old 08-16-2004, 03:17 PM
JoshE's Avatar
JoshE Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 495
Send a message via AIM to JoshE Send a message via Yahoo to JoshE
Default Re: Is God Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys0003
Adam and Eve are part of the Christian religion, and they were the very first humans to walk this earth. It might not have been called "Christianity" at first, however. Nothing was before Adam and Eve(other than God), so Christianity existed from the beginning.
Thats your opinion. No one knows for sure and you have many other religions who think you are wrong. You can't say that like its a fact.
__________________
"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu
-StarWars Trivia-
  #42  
Old 08-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Jhem's Avatar
Jhem Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: White Lake, Michigan
Posts: 237
Send a message via AIM to Jhem Send a message via MSN to Jhem Send a message via Yahoo to Jhem
Default Re: Is God Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys0003
Adam and Eve are part of the Christian religion, and they were the very first humans to walk this earth. It might not have been called "Christianity" at first, however. Nothing was before Adam and Eve(other than God), so Christianity existed from the beginning.
Actually, that statement is false. Christianity never came until the coming of Jesus CHrist, hence Christianity. Jesus himself was a Jew (bet you didn't know that?). The people who followed him were the first Christians.

IMHO, God is, in fact, real. What else could have happened? Evolution seens rational but it's not. Evolution was created by a man. I'm not just saying this, it is true that the man who invented the idea for Evolution actually said IN HIS BOOK that he did not want anyone else to believe in it because he MADE IT UP. But people believed it anyway, and even still to this day. Scientists believe it because they can't comprehend that there could possibly be some sort of supernatural force. People believe because it seems like a less-magical, scientific approach. However, the only real evidence there is for Evolution is a fly discovered by some scientist, I don't know his name. The fly had three wings. And that's it.

And what about the dinosaurs? How did the fossils get there? When God was creating the world, the word "dinosaur" never appeared. Instead he used the word 'dragons', which is as close to a dinosaur as you can get. In fact, the Dictionary at Dictionary.com defines dragon as this... A mythical monster traditionally represented as a gigantic reptile having a lion's claws, the tail of a serpent, wings, and a scaly skin... Hmm, something's wrong here, most dinosaurs didn't have wings! Yes, true, the bone structure of most dinosaurs did not show any sign of a wingaling dragon . However, look again. This describes a mythical creature. "Myth" in the dictionary means simply imaginary or ficticious. In other words, NOT REAL. This is the perceived description of a "dragon". But it is not true. Not all of them have wings. Read on:
dictionary goes on and has 4 more definitions.

2a- a fierccely vigilant or intractable person (and by person, it may or may not mean an actual Human-Being, look it up)

2b- Something very formidable or dangerous... I don't know about you, but a very large reptile capable of running very fast with sharp claws and huge teeth sounds pretty formidable and dangerous enough; it's self-explanatory.

3- Any of various lizards, such as the Komodo dragon or the flying lizard... This one is talking specifics, trying to state that only flying lizards or Komodos (of Indonesia, of course) are the only dragons. But that would make the other definitions false.

4- A Large snake or serpent. That's it, there's your dragon. If I had to pick here, I'd say that definition 2a, 2b, and 4 should all be combined into one definition to make the ultimate definition. And this definition would be pretty close to what a real "dinosaur/dragon" could be.

But, to stay related to topic, there's no real way to actually convince that God really exists. You have to make up your own mind. I, for one, believe that there is a God. And he is good. I know that I will be with him soon, because he sent his only son to die (you hear that? he *DIED*)(and there's proof that Jesus actually existed, too. But we'll save that for another time) so that we could be relieved of our sins. But the only way to ensure that you yourself go to heaven is to accept this gift from God. And I don't mean like a present that an aunt gave you.. Don't just think of it as it's ok to accept it then forget about it and hide it somewhere. Show in your way of living that you accept his generous gift from such a humble person.
__________________
AIM: TroyM2k7 | Jhem2k7
Yahoo!: centren2k7
MSN: troym2k7@hotmail.com

Last edited by Jhem; 08-16-2004 at 07:35 PM.
  #43  
Old 08-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Deoxys0003 Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 34
Default Re: Is God Real?

Jhem: I agree with you completely about God and Jesus. Nice to see another Christian around here.

Then I have a question about Christianity and Christmas(before Jesus that is). Seven, you're saying that it just so happened that the day was called Christmas?
__________________


o
l
/\


He's after you.
  #44  
Old 08-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Seven's Avatar
Seven Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 929
Default Re: Is God Real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys0003
Seven, you're saying that it just so happened that the day was called Christmas?
No, that's not what I'm saying.
Listen: Christmas as we know it, is originally a Germanic (not german -_-;) fest, called Mid Winter Fest. It celebrates the fact, that days become longer again at that point in time.
Christians baptised Germanic tribes, and changed Mid Winter Fest into Christmas, acting like it was the birthdate of Chirst, just to give the Fest a Christian meaning.

Just think of a christmas tree, really, is there anything more heathen than that?!

Last edited by Seven; 08-16-2004 at 07:44 PM.
  #45  
Old 08-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Steven's Avatar
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Behind you with a knife
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via AIM to Steven
Default Re: Is God Real?

God is but an imaginary figure, just an illusion. Mankind's need for partnership is what created God. No it wasn't God who created man. It was man who created God. God does work out to be a pretty good excuse. It explains the two most feared things. Death, and the unknown. With God, we have a place to go when we die. With God, we have him to rely on. When in actuality, he could be there or not. I mean Miracles are just luck of the draw. I mean somethings that are horrible are just bad luck. There's no negative miracles of Satin in the world. It's just bad luck. I don't understand how that works out... what's the difference between luck and a miracle? As far as I'm concerned it's all a perception. There really isn't a good or bad, it's just favorable results or unfavorable. I guess what I'm getting at is that, if you die, it's not much of a crime if you were killed cause you're going to heaven. It's your fault if you were bad and going to hell, and God decided this would be your time. So it's just like with God... Life is pointless. Except to do good for what time you have so you can spend eternity in paradise... Which brings up... What is paradise? I know I couldn't have it, I'd be going to hell cause it's too confusing what any paradise for me would be like... cause paradise is not enough... it's like a dream... you can have stuff, but not the human interaction... I guess what I'm saying is.. what if in your paradise you have a person who went to hell with you? w/e it's rather pointless to discuss, it's like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarted...

-SKainuiG
__________________
149th Person to join the forums. Does that make me Dragonite?
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com