Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 05:04 AM
Inferno Offline

Send a message via AIM to Inferno
Default Re: Is God Real?

I don't really think it's just petty prayer to a statue. It's more praying to yourself than it is to a statue. The statues and other idols are merely references or things to remind you who you're praying to, what you believe, and who you are.

But there have been about three or four people say the same thing, that God exists in belief. God is not a physical character of our world. That God gives hope and faith to those who trust in him/her.

Praying to God could be just a method of self-modivation and inspiration. It's amazing what you can do when you believe. It's been proven many times in the past, that if you believe you can, then you will.
Knowing that someone is always there is also very comforting. So belief in God would surely soothe the soul in that way.
So I think that there will always be people who need faith, hope, love, support, and just an explanation; so, there will always be people who believe; so, there will always be a God if God exists in the believers.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Deoxys0003 Offline
New Trainer

To Necrobat:

The Bible does say things about dinosaurs. It doesn't say "dinosaurs", however. In the book of Job, it talks about a Leviathan, a huge creature that lives in the sea. And I don't really understand what you mean by "messed up". Do you mean why the world is evil?

BoltAge: Other things aren't real either... how can you prove that things like laws exist? Language, thought, etc. cannot be seen, touched, etc. Just because God cannot be seen, etc., doesn't mean He doesn't exist.

o
l
/\

He's after you.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:59 PM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
You can't argue about these stuff, since different religions will say differently.

From my own POV, although I am a Buddhist, I don't believe in "God" or whatever. You can't see, hear, smell or touch him/her, what makes you think he/she is there? You do actually realise we're just praying to a statue every time we pray, right? Well, that's just my opinion.
Man I was hopin I wouldn't have to argue with u anymore. *sighs* Not to be mean Raik, but...lol just b/c u caint see, hear, smell, or touch him doesn't mean he's not there. Answer me this Raik (and anyone else), when yall were little, I'm sure yall though Santa was real right? Even tho u couldn't see him or anything. It's the same way with God.

The other day, I stopped at the Worlds Largest Cross. There were 14 or 15 stations explaining and giving quotes from the Bible about Jesus's crucifiction. As I stood there I reached out and touched his hand. As I touched his hand, I felt something touching my shoulder. Even as I'm typing this I feel a presence here in my computer room.

Basically, everyone worships a God. Even Athiests. They worship Satan. Weither they like it or not they do. U don't have to know something is there just by seeing it, hearing it, touching it, or anything like that. It comes down to faith and faith alone.

MWAHAHA!! The bunnies will take over the world!!

Name: Slash
FC: 2191 4116 0821
Old 08-10-2004, 01:12 PM
ShadowDiver Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ShadowDiver

Hey, i am a athiasts and i worship satan just as much as you do, i do not believe in form of greater being and you saiing that is worng, no matter what u say if i worship satan then so do you, so there!!
Old 08-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdude
Man I was hopin I wouldn't have to argue with u anymore. *sighs* Not to be mean Raik, but...lol just b/c u caint see, hear, smell, or touch him doesn't mean he's not there. Answer me this Raik (and anyone else), when yall were little, I'm sure yall though Santa was real right? Even tho u couldn't see him or anything. It's the same way with God.

The other day, I stopped at the Worlds Largest Cross. There were 14 or 15 stations explaining and giving quotes from the Bible about Jesus's crucifiction. As I stood there I reached out and touched his hand. As I touched his hand, I felt something touching my shoulder. Even as I'm typing this I feel a presence here in my computer room.

Basically, everyone worships a God. Even Athiests. They worship Satan. Weither they like it or not they do. U don't have to know something is there just by seeing it, hearing it, touching it, or anything like that. It comes down to faith and faith alone.
Heh... and is Santa Claus real? Not exactly the best example to use... and there are 14 stations of the cross . Those presences are most likely your mind. I am a Catholic and I beleive there is a God... just not physically, and... I just don't worship.

Athiests don't worship a god... they deny the existence of a God or supreme, intelligent being, meaning they don't worship anything... they don't beleuve... so your definition of an athiest is false. They don't worshiop God... they don't worship Satan... they don't worship anything.

Last edited by Matthew; 08-10-2004 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:15 AM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Heh... and is Santa Claus real? Not exactly the best example to use... and there are 14 stations of the cross . Those presences are most likely your mind. I am a Catholic and I beleive there is a God... just not physically, and... I just don't worship.

Athiests don't worship a god... they deny the existence of a God or supreme, intelligent being, meaning they don't worship anything... they don't beleuve... so your definition of an athiest is false. They don't worshiop God... they don't worship Satan... they don't worship anything.
Wow, u're smarter than u look. I'm glad u know how many stations there are. I haven't gotten much sleep so I couldn't remember. If u believe there is a God, then u must also believe that he's physically there and u should worship.

God says "Either u worship me, or u worship the devil" So technically, they do worship Satan b/c they do not worship God.

Now plz ppl. This topic is pointless. There's no use in talkin about something that everyone is gonna argue over. So could we get a lock on this?

Old 08-11-2004, 09:10 AM
ShadowDiver Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ShadowDiver

Yeah i agree lock this, but one more thing just coz i do not worship God dont mean i worship anything, if god says i worship the devil thats fine by me coz there is no God to say that.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 AM
akdude Offline

alright if that's what u think.

Old 08-11-2004, 10:39 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Sadly, we don't have a chimmey ._. So where would Santa climb in from, the bin? Or did we have to leave the door open for him? So we never believed there was this fat red man who climbs in from anywhere he likes like a burglar, and carries a red bag instead of a black bag a burglar carries.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Deoxys0003 Offline
New Trainer

His point is that even though people did not know that Santa exists, people still believe/believed in him.

o
l
/\

He's after you.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:09 AM
Inferno Offline

Send a message via AIM to Inferno

I basically forced myself, for lack of a better word, to believe in Santa; because I was told that if I didn't believe in him, then I wouldn't recieve any presents.
So I tricked myself into thinking Santa could really be there, because of the "benefitial" things that I got from believing in him. I really told myself he was a spirit and a feeling, not a man anymore, but more of some high powered entity. And this may be what some people do with God or all gods.
So I'm kinda glad someone brought up Santa in this God thread.

The mind is very powerful, but it seems that it is easily manipulated or fooled because of the need for an explanation or reason. So many things are conceived and thought to be right when they may or may not actually be. But as long as a person is given happiness and serenity by their mind and beliefs then I support people in their thoughts on all subjects, especially God/religion.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:19 PM
akdude Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys0003
His point is that even though people did not know that Santa exists, people still believe/believed in him.
I'm glad someone saw my point

Inferno, glad to have brought it up. It's just, it bugs me that parents or a relative or someone teachs their kid about Santa but not about God...do yall know the main or root word is Christmas? It's Christ. God's son is named Jesus Christ. I noticed that, and thought..."Ya know...That's pretty cool."

I know there was no point to that...But if u see a point...let me know.

Edit: If u go here http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ead.php?t=2883 U can see how many ppl worship God. Weither it's a budist or a Hindu, or a Christian. I just find it to be amazing.

Last edited by akdude; 08-13-2004 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
I'm glad someone saw my point

Inferno, glad to have brought it up. It's just, it bugs me that parents or a relative or someone teachs their kid about Santa but not about God...do yall know the main or root word is Christmas? It's Christ. God's son is named Jesus Christ. I noticed that, and thought..."Ya know...That's pretty cool."
Just so you know, christmas originally had nothing to do with Christ, or christianity. "Christmas" existed long before christianity existed, and celberates the mid of winter. Days become longer after christmas, that's why it was celebrated. Did you really think a chrismastree really had anything to do with christianity =X. Excusez-moi, but that's pretty dumb.

Christ was born around the first of october, in truth.

It's the same with easter btw, originally had nothing to do with christianity.

Quote:
Edit: If u go here http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ead.php?t=2883 U can see how many ppl worship God. Weither it's a budist or a Hindu, or a Christian. I just find it to be amazing.
*counts*
OH MY! 10 people referred to a god! WHOA!!

-_-;;

You do realise threads like these, are completely non-representative, don't you?

Sure, I won't denie a lot of people believe in "something bigger", myself included, but that does not mean any of the current religions is "right".
Old 08-13-2004, 08:07 PM
art Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to art Send a message via MSN to art

Quote:
God says "Either u worship me, or u worship the devil"
God says a lot of different things according to a lot of different people. I don't care what God says. Even if he said that, I still believe I have a choice in what I believe in and worship.

miyavi is the hotness
Old 08-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by art
God says a lot of different things according to a lot of different people. I don't care what God says. Even if he said that, I still believe I have a choice in what I believe in and worship.
Just to add:
God also said you can't have two different kinds of crops on your land, and if you do, you should be burned along with them.
God also said you can't wear clothes that are made of more than one fabric, or, you guessed it, should be burned along with them.

My my, me reckons very few people would be alive nowadays if we'd all follow the word of God =X.
Closed Thread